Most expensive Petal of Lament in BnS history.

Mikeyy

You can't blame the people who aren't willing to give the golds back because they didn't do anything wrong there. They didn't hack him or anything. It was the guy who bid with 1002g by himself. I would say they were just lucky.

Also, I hardly doubt people would just bid with 1002g in order to scam other people for clicking bid without looking at the value because that would assume that other people in the party has over 1k+ golds. Normally people do this trick with like 5-20g only, especially in low level dungeons.

I guess he was just unlucky and next time should just quit party immediately to avoid this.

I think your scenario is not suited here. 

Let's say if you are bidding something online and mis-typed the number as " $1000" instead  of "$10" and instantly won the item, will they return the money for you? Probably you can just phone your bank to cut your credit card immediately. However, in B&S, it is all golds to golds transaction.

Lol some of you people seriously trying to overthink this? Human nature applies as much in game as it does outside, in the real world. If he asked them to give him back the gold and they said no thats his prob. If they said yes and gave him then hes very fortunate. If the same thing happened to me I wouldn't even bother wasting time asking in the first place. What else should he be expecting? Look at most of the comments and responses in forums and in-game and you'll get your answer. lol

I am really sorry for what happened to you @armageddonx911 

Maybe you should try to send a ticket about it again? , i think the staff might help

And for those who are saying it's okay for the other 2 to refuse giving him back his money , i know technically speaking , it's now their money and they have the right to do whatever they want with it ... but why is it hard for people to put themselves in someone else's shoes ,would you like when this happens to you for them to take away your money and still saying " oh it's okay , they have the right to do so, they've earned it" ? , treat others just as you want to be treated.

I know many players in this community are bad w/e , but that doesn't justify tolerating with such acts ;/

@Valarina Doesn't justify it indeed. There's also little to be gained in justifying naive notions. Like I said, if were me I'd rage but there's no way I was wasting my time behind those guys asking back for my gold because I know the answer I'll get not because I would do the same thing but because of the human condition. Though I'd never find out if I'll get it back unless I ask, I'd rather not ask than to ask and receive a no which will only make me even more angry. On that note, I'm in utter disbelief that the guy here, who claims to make the bid due to a big or some error, hasn't quit already. If were me I'd walk away from the game before I lost my cool completely.

23 minutes ago, Valarina said:

but why is it hard for people to put themselves in someone else's shoes ,would you like when this happens to you for them to take away your money and still saying " oh it's okay , they have the right to do so, they've earned it" ? , treat others just as you want to be treated.

maybe because we r not living in a pink world among unicorns and My Little Ponies.

Wow where is common senses and courtesy? I mean its a basic principle if someone made a mistake, they r not intended to and you should give it back to them, let alone they r also giving you 20% of that amount as a reward and the CS rule of loots goes to someone used all 3 orbs has been around for a long while just like scale in Heaven's Mandate so pretty much anything else said r just excuses.

1 hour ago, DirectorTseng said:

The thing everyone is missing here..

it was a CS in the X server! You can't trade in the cross server. so unless they were both on his servers there was no way for him to get the gold back anyway.

They also forget that those two most likely spent that 500 quickly, and could you blame them for not going "Well, I spent it all, but here's the 20 gold I have on me now."

I understand the raging for it happening to the one player though, on it happening, not on them not returning it.

To reply to several points. 
They were both on Windrest and i was able to ask for trade in cross server lobby ( near the portal the to the DG and quest)

I've messaged support but since i had such a large ticket and case all they are trying to do is avoid me because recovering according to them is just a "Courtesy Service"

If it's possible i want someone whos actually knowledgeable with this kind of stuff cause i feel helpless and basically mistreated by the own company that published the game.

If i made the ticket public i'm pretty sure it will have a large impact on NCSOFT and even possibly reach laws being broken as consumer rights. 

12 hours ago, armageddonx911 said:

To reply to several points. 
They were both on Windrest and i was able to ask for trade in cross server lobby ( near the portal the to the DG and quest)

I've messaged support but since i had such a large ticket and case all they are trying to do is avoid me because recovering according to them is just a "Courtesy Service"

If it's possible i want someone whos actually knowledgeable with this kind of stuff cause i feel helpless and basically mistreated by the own company that published the game.

If i made the ticket public i'm pretty sure it will have a large impact on NCSOFT and even possibly reach laws being broken as consumer rights. 

If NCSoft refuses to respond, then I would make it public and post on here and reddit. No one wants a bug that can take all your money and it's bad for business if it is not fixed. Get enough publicity and NCSOFT will be forced to respond. Make the thread something like "NCSOFT please respond: there is a bug that can make you bid ALL of your money if you disconnect at the wrong time during an auction"

As far as shit on online games go, they technically own your account and  have the right to do anything they want to it. I've been permabanned in a game I spent quite a bit of money on due to a bug I didn't even know about until I was banned. I did nothing wrong and the company realized that was the case, a month that later, but they did nothing to recover all the items they deleted on our accounts. Of course I didn't got back and I'm much more careful about spending now. I've lost my trust in gaming companies.

If the story is true as he reports it here then it is just one more example of why the loot bidding system in BnS is bad for players and for the game. The real long term fix here would be to use another mechanic altogether for the distribution of loot. The one we have now not only pits players against each other in a situation where they should be cooperating but apparently suffers from a (some) pretty serious bugs.

The Biding system is extremly Bad...

If ppl spam the bid button and u know that... and u fast enough to bid high and they spam it... example..

Honorary Ornamnet drops...

ppl ofc spam the bid button until it reach a certain amount ...

Now u out as fast as u can 100 g or more into the bid...

ppl spam the button so fast and are not aware of the 100 g bid yet... so there button press means they over bid your 100 g

Bang... scammed... now they bid 100g+ for that item what is worth atm 5 g or something.. 

An esay fix for this would be... make a cooldown on the bid button... whenever a palyer fires a bid... make atleast 3 sec cooldown until a player can fir ethe next bid...

so the human eyes have 3 sec reaction time to understand ... someone bid 100 g... and what it would mean for them when u push that button now..

I hope this simple soultion would prevent it... but i doubt anyone care to fix it... and even if they do .. ncsoft dont .. coz they dont know and not read about it

or it would cost them money to fix it.. whatever the reason this bid system needs a fix... alot bug are there since open beta and not fixed at all.

Given that the OP posted on the forum with an account that only had 1 post, to basically brag about what happened to this person, without including the fact that he was contacted to give the gold back....then he covers up his character name? It's quite obvious that he knows not returning it is wrong. No, it's not his FAULT that the game glitched, but he could have picked kindness over greed, and instead is waving a public flag to say "hey look what I got hahahha" for attention seeing as he chose not to give the gold back. He's probably laughing his ass off knowing that the guy who got screwed over actually saw this post. To say they "didn't do anything wrong" is to excuse them for a complete lack of common decency, and the fact that he posted this just further proves that he feels no remorse and simply wants to burn the guy who got screwed further.

My god, could this community get any more toxic?

I'm sorry this happened to you, armageddon. Truly some of the worst people play this game nowadays. :/

19 hours ago, StellaNoxFleuret said:

The Biding system is extremly Bad...

If ppl spam the bid button and u know that... and u fast enough to bid high and they spam it... example..

thats the completly fault of that players, they dont have to start a copper war. They just could start with 2-3 gold and bid then. 

Sadly even if u typing your Bid into the Game lets say u typ 5 g... and im 0.5 sec away to push the button... so just about to fire my bid.... then suddenly just in this mini moment someone fire 100 g...bid... ofc my finger allready pressed the button ... my eyes wasnt fast enough to see the bid of 100 g... bang .. scamed... it not change anything...

like i said u ned a cooldown on the bid button so the Human eyes have enough time to evade a mistake and overbid a scam bid...

I hope u understand this.

7 hours ago, StellaNoxFleuret said:

Sadly even if u typing your Bid into the Game lets say u typ 5 g... and im 0.5 sec away to push the button... so just about to fire my bid.... then suddenly just in this mini moment someone fire 100 g...bid... ofc my finger allready pressed the button ... my eyes wasnt fast enough to see the bid of 100 g... bang .. scamed... it not change anything...

like i said u ned a cooldown on the bid button so the Human eyes have enough time to evade a mistake and overbid a scam bid...

I hope u understand this.

if someone typed a higher price then you you cant bid. You have to type manually a higher price, still full players fault.

Archived