Nerf the stupid BM

ARC1276

Why so much aggro towards me dude?

I don't know why you insist with this chains block stun. Pls, only bms with no hm block use this.

KFMs can do the same with their counter but with a slightly longer cd.

Destros and bd can stun with their spin2win.

No offense but looks like you are fighting low level bms where they need to use their parry stun.

Another thing is I never compared Jae with anyone here I just posted the video to show you how a FM conducts the fight against a BM.

About the summoner post, I never told him to git gut. I just told him/her that he/she has no right to complain when getting hit by a high geared player when one does not have crit def and is quite undergeared for an unequalized bg.

I got 642ap and hit another player with lightning draw for 38k iirc.

So pls pull your shit together before you start flaming someone.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/22/2016 at 7:47 PM, Devilwithin said:

That's how a FM punishes a BM.

Jaesung one of the best korean FM vs Ming Chai the best chinese BM.

Once again git gud and don't come with this shit BM is op.

So looking at this video we see it's 2015, and this is when FM have impact counter and BM with God mode shield. And I know instantly why he lost. The opening, he basically allowed the FM to hit first where as in every single fight against a BM I've seen, they always hit first.

RIGHT THERE AT THE BEGINNING OF THE FIGHT your point is now busted. Fullest respects to both competitors in that match up, but I know that the fight would have gone much differently if it was an NA BM. In this case he didn't seem to bait the block breaker like so many NA players do. And every time I somehow successfully break the block, a decent BM would follow up with backstep and either running away, or using 5 point strike to get me in the air. 

And another thing, Jaesung did something that made me feel a bit upset. He exploited the collision mechanic. You saw how he knocked his opponent into the wall and kept him there for a good portion of the match. I have never even bothered to do that, partly because I don't like driving the fight into a corner and honestly, it's a bit dirty.

I also noticed he got lucky when his opponent used 5 point strike. Resisting the first few hits and hitting 1. 

But there is one huge problem with the way you said it: One of the best FM? He is THE BEST FM. Like whenever I think of great FMs he's the first that comes to mind. Granted I heard that he lost to another recently, but in all honesty the fact that he's the one with a tutorial video on what he calls "Basic FM combo" (that took me longer to memorize and perfectly preform than the 3rf combo) should say enough. Not to also forget to mention that I've watched enough of Jaesung's videos to know, people play differently across different Regions, and it shows. Ming Cai's fighting style is very different from what BMs do here and I think me pointing out the very beginning should be all the proof you need. He started the fight by avoiding and not engaging combat unlike what I see many BMs do here who jump straight into the fight against a FM because they know they have the advantage! Furthermore, there are multiple mistakes I see him make in this fight. Usually I see BMs being the patient ones in a fight like this, and being reserved about how they use things such as Flock of Blades, 5 point Strike, and so on and so forth.

So basically, we have the best FM against a pro BM. Now I don't exactly know how good the BM is, but what I do know is that I never see a BM open up like that. I never see them running off to the side. I always seem the either running off and windwalking to their opponent, or they jump straight into draw stance for a quick 5 point strike. Not to also forget to mention one more thing: THAT VIDEO IS NOW OUT OF DATE.

That's right, your whole little "GET REKT!" moment means nothing because of one small thing: Demon Mode BM, the fire damage. Supposedly BMs can now kill Yeti on their own (IDK why they couldn't before but whatever), and it's all thanks to them now being able to out DPS all the melee classes and even FMs if they wanted. Translate that into PVP, and it becomes a nightmare for FMs. During that CC combo, if Ming Cai was playing with today's DPS abilities, he would be able to dish out an unholy amount of damage while still having all of those CCs on his side. 

So before you go post a video of a match that took place in 2015, think about how the game itself has changed since then. 

On 9/22/2016 at 9:22 AM, PhoenixMitra said:

Greetings,

This is a friendly reminder to keep posts civil, debating the topic at hand, and not attacking each other. This thread has been cleaned up a bit and we would like to see less aggression from this point forward. You may want to review our Code of Conduct.

I think this post has actually gotten a bit out of hand. And in all honesty, the very title of this post instills a sense of aggression. So perhaps removing the word "stupid" from my thread's title would be helpful to calming the waters here. And I'm sending an apology in advance for the mess.

33 minutes ago, ARC1276 said:

So looking at this video we see it's 2015, and this is when FM have impact counter and BM with God mode shield. And I know instantly why he lost. The opening, he basically allowed the FM to hit first where as in every single fight against a BM I've seen, they always hit first.

RIGHT THERE AT THE BEGINNING OF THE FIGHT your point is now busted. Fullest respects to both competitors in that match up, but I know that the fight would have gone much differently if it was an NA BM. In this case he didn't seem to bait the block breaker like so many NA players do. And every time I somehow successfully break the block, a decent BM would follow up with backstep and either running away, or using 5 point strike to get me in the air. 

And another thing, Jaesung did something that made me feel a bit upset. He exploited the collision mechanic. You saw how he knocked his opponent into the wall and kept him there for a good portion of the match. I have never even bothered to do that, partly because I don't like driving the fight into a corner and honestly, it's a bit dirty.

I also noticed he got lucky when his opponent used 5 point strike. Resisting the first few hits and hitting 1. 

But there is one huge problem with the way you said it: One of the best FM? He is THE BEST FM. Like whenever I think of great FMs he's the first that comes to mind. Granted I heard that he lost to another recently, but in all honesty the fact that he's the one with a tutorial video on what he calls "Basic FM combo" (that took me longer to memorize and perfectly preform than the 3rf combo) should say enough. Not to also forget to mention that I've watched enough of Jaesung's videos to know, people play differently across different Regions, and it shows. Ming Cai's fighting style is very different from what BMs do here and I think me pointing out the very beginning should be all the proof you need. He started the fight by avoiding and not engaging combat unlike what I see many BMs do here who jump straight into the fight against a FM because they know they have the advantage! Furthermore, there are multiple mistakes I see him make in this fight. Usually I see BMs being the patient ones in a fight like this, and being reserved about how they use things such as Flock of Blades, 5 point Strike, and so on and so forth.

So basically, we have the best FM against a pro BM. Now I don't exactly know how good the BM is, but what I do know is that I never see a BM open up like that. I never see them running off to the side. I always seem the either running off and windwalking to their opponent, or they jump straight into draw stance for a quick 5 point strike. Not to also forget to mention one more thing: THAT VIDEO IS NOW OUT OF DATE.

That's right, your whole little "GET REKT!" moment means nothing because of one small thing: Demon Mode BM, the fire damage. Supposedly BMs can now kill Yeti on their own (IDK why they couldn't before but whatever), and it's all thanks to them now being able to out DPS all the melee classes and even FMs if they wanted. Translate that into PVP, and it becomes a nightmare for FMs. During that CC combo, if Ming Cai was playing with today's DPS abilities, he would be able to dish out an unholy amount of damage while still having all of those CCs on his side. 

So before you go post a video of a match that took place in 2015, think about how the game itself has changed since then. 

I think this post has actually gotten a bit out of hand. And in all honesty, the very title of this post instills a sense of aggression. So perhaps removing the word "stupid" from my thread's title would be helpful to calming the waters here. And I'm sending an apology in advance for the mess.

You still didn't get it, did you?

Show me a single video of a Korean bm using fire build on pvp.

Here a more recent video:

Junho is claimed to be the best pvp Korean bm while Jeongho is even better than Jaesung.

I'm not denying fire bms are retarded for pvp on our version but like so many said we got the patch backwards.

We all know arena is equalized so why don't they use fire build if is so faceroll like you guys say?

Any decent FM will decide when a bm approaches and keep him at bay.

Honestly i didn't watch the while video cuz i am working and we got a potato internet here ( sad life).

If I'm not mistaken The FM won by 4-0 and bm still ate a chi bomb in one the matches if this is the same video.

Another thing the previous video might be outdated like u said, but they got the same HM skills like we got now so HM Z for BMs and Phantom Grip for FMs.

2 hours ago, Devilwithin said:

You still didn't get it, did you?

Show me a single video of a Korean bm using fire build on pvp.

Here a more recent video:

Junho is claimed to be the best pvp Korean bm while Jeongho is even better than Jaesung.

I'm not denying fire bms are retarded for pvp on our version but like so many said we got the patch backwards.

We all know arena is equalized so why don't they use fire build if is so faceroll like you guys say?

Any decent FM will decide when a bm approaches and keep him at bay.

Honestly i didn't watch the while video cuz i am working and we got a potato internet here ( sad life).

If I'm not mistaken The FM won by 4-0 and bm still ate a chi bomb in one the matches if this is the same video.

Another thing the previous video might be outdated like u said, but they got the same HM skills like we got now so HM Z for BMs and Phantom Grip for FMs.

Listen man, say or show what you want but that doesn't change the reality that when I see almost any BM fight against almost any FM, the battle is just naturally in favor of the BM. Keep in mind these guys are professional players. We're talking about average players or guys who are "competitive", they're in a whole different league than our own. And it's not like I'm some random FM who doesn't know how to tech chase, or air combo, or who doesn't know the basic combo. It's just the higher quality of defensive skills that BMs get, gives them an edge over FMs. And besides, this is an old topic anyway. So, can you please stop necroing it? 

Also, thanks for posting the videos. I know I was knit picking them to make an argument against BMs. But in all honesty, even having played as, along side, and against BMs, they're still just a personal challenge for me. But thanks for trying to keep this civil. 

(And damn, he got owned there...I'm gonna practice some more).

It is not in favor of BM. If you want to talk about NA, we can do that. For many FM, yes BM is a struggle as I've said before BM is a very different matchup from every other class so most FM's have not gotten to the point where they have learned how to fight BM properly even if they have mastered every other matchup, even a lot of those FM in top 30 ranking. But that does not mean that BM is favored. Watch Cassis repeatedly try to vs Marionette and then tell me that it's not a struggle for BM side as well. True FM vs BM is very close to 50-50 matchup.

https://www.twitch.tv/s_pvp/v/91799349?t=01h34m00s

Seeing Summoners complaining about BMs makes my heart melt. Makes me feel butterflies in my stomach. Makes me drop a tear of happiness.

And btw Lightning build is weak -> https://www.twitch.tv/enol_/v/75619061  half lightning combo kill

From a top rated BM perspective I am quite happy about the firebuild... all the other classes are the same as they were before its just the summoners are easier... change that I anticipated for months.

FMs seem a bit harder now with fire build and so do Sins, however they are still doable, some skill builds have to be adjusted. Destroyers however are a tiny bit easier, but I put that on the fact that we grew some balls to start playing with stun HM Z, I am sure if i use that with light build would be the same result. Mirror matches are absolute joke, takes little but no skill gap between both players... and that's it really.

10 hours ago, Enoll said:

Seeing Summoners complaining about BMs makes my heart melt. Makes me feel butterflies in my stomach. Makes me drop a tear of happiness.

Seeing a BM feeling such happiness about summoners complaining  makes my hearth freeze, makes me feel vampire bats in my stomach, makes me drop a tear of sadness...

12 hours ago, Enoll said:

And btw Lightning build is weak -> https://www.twitch.tv/enol_/v/75619061  half lightning combo kill

From a top rated BM perspective I am quite happy about the firebuild... all the other classes are the same as they were before its just the summoners are easier... change that I anticipated for months.

FMs seem a bit harder now with fire build and so do Sins, however they are still doable, some skill builds have to be adjusted. Destroyers however are a tiny bit easier, but I put that on the fact that we grew some balls to start playing with stun HM Z, I am sure if i use that with light build would be the same result. Mirror matches are absolute joke, takes little but no skill gap between both players... and that's it really.

And for low rated Destroyer, I say your Firebuild put us at corner more and more

Archived