Nerf the stupid BM

ARC1276

Blade Masters have made a rapid climb to the top of my OP board, and for good reason. Literally every skill they use seems to be some sort of CC or Resist or even worse....block. 

Look fine, they can have all the new skills they want and all but can they at least do something about their stupid block?! Like can they take damage from blocking (like 10% of the damage they block) or can the blocking be replaced by a "parry" (not really a stun parry like BD and Des but something like blocking one or two attacks), that way there's at least skill involved in playing as a BM?

Like I've been PVPing against these annoying things as a SF KFM and FM. The only one of these class that is able to actually win is SF, FMs get raped with no way to defeat them and KFM went from countering them hard to being almost useless like the FM. So seriously...can something be done to balance this clearly broken ass class? Thanks.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The damage they do now with firebuild is pretty insane. They do loose 1 cc though, witch is their 3s tab daze, witch sometimes (can) be really really strong. I think against sins lightning is actually scarier if the bm is good enough as they pretty much cannot kill you anyways until they can kill you with lightning as well most of the time.

I think lightning is better against any class bms would have used blade call before as against those they now just use flock of blades as sort of an extra cc and this way they have less situational burst as their burst combos before where pretty much bound to flock of blades/blade call as without those you run out of mana and you do less damage when your x is not applied.

Against classes with grabs firebuild also is probably better as you use your flock for not getting rekt and then you don´t have it for your lightning combos, witch makes it be much worse.

So i think the only class lightning build is better is against sins, but oh well. Good for me i guess since they are not usually gonna go lightning against sins and play fire against anything else.

I don´t really like firebuild too much playstylewise either. So imo they should change something with it.

What i also don´t get (more pve oriented but still) is why there are even 2 different lightning draws and 2 different 'blade calls' now. As they are pretty much almost the same, except you play lightning build then the fire blade call is bad. But even when you pve in firebuild the lightning blade draw does the same damage, although it´s a little worse, because fire blade draw does more of it´s damage on hit, but the whole damage added up is almost the same, or maybe it even is. Its about the same at least. Then the fire blade call has a 12.0 modifier and gives you a 0.8 modifier boost on your fire rmb, while the other blade call has a 24.0 modifier by itself. Tbh normal blade call probably even beats the fire one in a lot of cases in fire build. Ofc that changes once we actually get stuff that gives lightning damage and fire damage, but right now those 2 skill in pve are for the most part just fashion choices and won´t really change your dps significantly, except you run fire blade call in lightning build as that´s bad obviously.

I think they should nerf the damage on fire rmb and buff fire blade call and maybe fire flicker to the point where it (kinda) makes up for it. This way bms won´t really use it in pvp anymore (for the most part probably) as they then *NEED* to use the fire blade call to make it useful. Though it might be really hard to nerf the rmb skill that much without making firebuild be pretty bad in pve.

And then throw some lightning build buffs in there to make bms be less sad about it?

I think lightning is more fun and makes for a more impressive looking gameplay overall, so therefore i think it should be the better build to use in pvp in general. There might be ppl who disagree, that´s just my opinion.

21 hours ago, ARC1276 said:

Blade Masters have made a rapid climb to the top of my OP board, and for good reason. Literally every skill they use seems to be some sort of CC or Resist or even worse....block. 

Look fine, they can have all the new skills they want and all but can they at least do something about their stupid block?! Like can they take damage from blocking (like 10% of the damage they block) or can the blocking be replaced by a "parry" (not really a stun parry like BD and Des but something like blocking one or two attacks), that way there's at least skill involved in playing as a BM?

Like I've been PVPing against these annoying things as a SF KFM and FM. The only one of these class that is able to actually win is SF, FMs get raped with no way to defeat them and KFM went from countering them hard to being almost useless like the FM. So seriously...can something be done to balance this clearly broken ass class? Thanks.

Okay, you obviously have no idea what you are talking about. Play BM and you will change your position instantly. BM needs a lot more skill than most of the other classes. I guess you are a silver player, you will never see a good BM blocking all the time. Every class has different ways to punish blocking. If you just block against high gold or plat FMs/SFs/KFMs without baiting various skills and using your iframes wisely you are just dead.

After the last patch people complain about the high damage of dragontongue, you are not even mentioning that. In my opinion thats the only debatable point. Other than that BM if definitely not op, you just have to learn how to play against them, but that is the case for every class. Just try to play a BM and then say again that you dont need skill for that.

Force master has no chance to beat a bm seems that they have to balance it somehow.

I even saw a vid with a wl spamming block vs fm n fm couldnt but stare him cause the 2 skills that pass block where on cd n grab dont do shit cause he can vlock again.

2 hours ago, azraelkun said:

Force master has no chance to beat a bm seems that they have to balance it somehow.

I even saw a vid with a wl spamming block vs fm n fm couldnt but stare him cause the 2 skills that pass block where on cd n grab dont do shit cause he can vlock again.

That´s also something that seemed to be different before the firebuild was a thing in pvp as before good bms told me good fms with hm impact sort of countered bms, now it´s the other way around again.

Luki also won against Chloro in the tournament 2 days ago and he said he played 'bad' and chloro played better against him than usual.

3 hours ago, Sempra said:

Pls put ur HATE into this thread to keep it together so that the Devs can delete all BM changes and bring more buffs to all FMs and Sums. Ty

Sarcasm at its finest. Only thing BM needs is a reduction on modifier for dragon tongue that is it.  Maybe even make draw stance block more like kfm/sf block.Though i am grateful your putting more people on my thread. i don't need people hating on each other or insulting each other with personal attacks..

22 hours ago, N3ro said:

The damage they do now with firebuild is pretty insane. They do loose 1 cc though, witch is their 3s tab daze, witch sometimes (can) be really really strong. I think against sins lightning is actually scarier if the bm is good enough as they pretty much cannot kill you anyways until they can kill you with lightning as well most of the time.

I think lightning is better against any class bms would have used blade call before as against those they now just use flock of blades as sort of an extra cc and this way they have less situational burst as their burst combos before where pretty much bound to flock of blades/blade call as without those you run out of mana and you do less damage when your x is not applied.

Against classes with grabs firebuild also is probably better as you use your flock for not getting rekt and then you don´t have it for your lightning combos, witch makes it be much worse.

So i think the only class lightning build is better is against sins, but oh well. Good for me i guess since they are not usually gonna go lightning against sins and play fire against anything else.

I don´t really like firebuild too much playstylewise either. So imo they should change something with it.

What i also don´t get (more pve oriented but still) is why there are even 2 different lightning draws and 2 different 'blade calls' now. As they are pretty much almost the same, except you play lightning build then the fire blade call is bad. But even when you pve in firebuild the lightning blade draw does the same damage, although it´s a little worse, because fire blade draw does more of it´s damage on hit, but the whole damage added up is almost the same, or maybe it even is. Its about the same at least. Then the fire blade call has a 12.0 modifier and gives you a 0.8 modifier boost on your fire rmb, while the other blade call has a 24.0 modifier by itself. Tbh normal blade call probably even beats the fire one in a lot of cases in fire build. Ofc that changes once we actually get stuff that gives lightning damage and fire damage, but right now those 2 skill in pve are for the most part just fashion choices and won´t really change your dps significantly, except you run fire blade call in lightning build as that´s bad obviously.

I think they should nerf the damage on fire rmb and buff fire blade call and maybe fire flicker to the point where it (kinda) makes up for it. This way bms won´t really use it in pvp anymore (for the most part probably) as they then *NEED* to use the fire blade call to make it useful. Though it might be really hard to nerf the rmb skill that much without making firebuild be pretty bad in pve.

And then throw some lightning build buffs in there to make bms be less sad about it?

I think lightning is more fun and makes for a more impressive looking gameplay overall, so therefore i think it should be the better build to use in pvp in general. There might be ppl who disagree, that´s just my opinion.

Phoenix Wing has its use in PvE that imo, makes it better than Blade Call. It changes Dragontongue range to 3m center to the caster (same concept as tab/Violent Blade), and you can use your PW anytime where as you can only use Blade Call when there is a target. Plus, you have to w8 5 secs till the BC dmg burst comes, which is why I prefer FoBs over BC in pvp since u can just CCed then tech chase your opponent afterwards for good dmg.

The reason I believe we have two variations of Lightning Draw/Searing Slash is mostly b/c of type preference. Lightning build (Hone Slash) is mostly for doing high burst dmg to single target and supports Flashstep (except Lightning Draw, Flicker, Blade Call and Flashstep) and which you can ani-cancel for more dmg. The Fire build is mostly aoe oriented in which you can take out mobs way faster than the Lightning build and you don't need to ani-cancel b/c you makes most of your dmg from DT, with the help from your tab and PW.

As for pvp, I don't considered the fire build viable in 1v1, b/c like you said, you loose 1 CC and CC is a must for BMs damage rotation. I can see it be viable in 3v3 or 6v6 mostly b/c you have allies to CCed your opponent while the BM raw dps it. In some cases even in 3v3, and 6v6, where there is a BM with Lightning pvp build, and a BM with a fire pvp build and there is is no allies around, the Lightning build BM usually wins on top.

30 minutes ago, YangXiaoLong said:

As for pvp, I don't considered the fire build viable in 1v1, b/c like you said, you loose 1 CC and CC is a must for BMs damage rotation. I can see it be viable in 3v3 or 6v6 mostly b/c you have allies to CCed your opponent while the BM raw dps it. In some cases even in 3v3, and 6v6, where there is a BM with Lightning pvp build, and a BM with a fire pvp build and there is is no allies around, the Lightning build BM usually wins on top.

You don't need infinite CC when you can kill people in 3 seconds.

1 hour ago, Gratus said:

You don't need infinite CC when you can kill people in 3 seconds.

Exactly, especially with hm z you can do SOOOO MUCH damage it´s completely out of this world insane. But most bms with fire build use hm z to bait your tab and then they don´t have it to wonbo combo you in like no time with 1-2 stuns + the extension thingy.

Also against spin classes you use the other z that does not give the damage buff.

On 9/3/2016 at 0:47 AM, N3ro said:

But mix that fire build + some lighting + some Knockdowns and you will a get a perfect dps class that rekt destroyer easily

12 hours ago, Samyaza said:

My experience with FIre BM:

Same experience   I had with them as destroyer, They just got pure fire dps and light dps to force me to use both of my escapes 

Btw i just saw that was a typo i ment to say fire is better against any class you first would have used blade call etc. But i think it must have become clear what i ment to say after reading the whole thing. So only against sin i think lightning probably is better.

On 9/5/2016 at 4:55 PM, Samyaza said:

My experience with FIre BM:

You tabbed a knockdown when you had the huge upper hand full HP. BM hadn't used his fire tab and still had HM Z and lightning draw. And this is the most unbalanced matchup in the game, BM vs summoner 100% in your favor. Even if he was using lightning build you would've still gotten 100-0'd from there.

4 hours ago, Avalyn said:

You tabbed a knockdown when you had the huge upper hand full HP. BM hadn't used his fire tab and still had HM Z and lightning draw. And this is the most unbalanced matchup in the game, BM vs summoner 100% in your favor. Even if he was using lightning build you would've still gotten 100-0'd from there.

And you figured that out all by yourself... Such wow, so doge. Also summoner no longer has upper hand on BM, since the Flame build was introduced, not by far. Ask yourself this what would happen if BM tabbed kncokdown -> nothing. I won the match since them BM was supbar, but againt really good fire BM, no chance.

5 hours ago, Samyaza said:

And you figured that out all by yourself... Such wow, so doge. Also summoner no longer has upper hand on BM, since the Flame build was introduced, not by far. Ask yourself this what would happen if BM tabbed kncokdown -> nothing. I won the match since them BM was supbar, but againt really good fire BM, no chance.

I am a summoner and I confirm I have really hard time vs Blade Masters... like they throw some kind of rope like Scorpion from Mortal Kombat (the only thing that's missing is "Get over here!"), then i see a lightning coming out, and then they pew pew pew teleport left right left right and my cat and me are dead. BM... such a retarded class, and people are complaining that summoners own BMs, learn your DAMN CLASS !

Lol i find it funny summoners now complain about BM when summoners always had the upper hand vs BM, now because BMs at least have a chance they're broken...get outta here. It was ok when summoners wouldnt even give BMs a chance to breath, now BMs are too op :). 

Classes that can kill summoners are op. Classes that can´t kill summoners and end up HAVING to time them out most of the time are noobs with a retarded play-style.

That´s how you can properly complain about every player in the game right now as a summoner.

As a sin now you basically have 2 options. Either you time them out and they end up with full health even though you dealt 110k damage to them. Or you play with blue buff, but that´s like really scary against good summs. But guess i´ll end up having to learn making do with it, because otherwise it´s just well... a really long unrewarding match. I don´t understand why exactly summoners got that much more healing...

I'm Destroyer, I have a hard time against FM cause of huge dps and freeze/unable to spin effect on corner
I'm Destroyer and I'm *cricket*ed against BM, Cause they got endless block and almost resist skill with cc on every corner and ofcourse high dps that force me to use both of my escapes :D

14 hours ago, N3ro said:

Classes that can kill summoners are op. Classes that can´t kill summoners and end up HAVING to time them out most of the time are noobs with a retarded play-style.

That´s how you can properly complain about every player in the game right now as a summoner.

As a sin now you basically have 2 options. Either you time them out and they end up with full health even though you dealt 110k damage to them. Or you play with blue buff, but that´s like really scary against good summs. But guess i´ll end up having to learn making do with it, because otherwise it´s just well... a really long unrewarding match. I don´t understand why exactly summoners got that much more healing...

To make a comment here, Summoner's new heal is 60% to THE PARTY not to themselves. They only heal themselves for 10% of their maximum hp on a cd of thirty seconds. If they take the spec of thorn strike that heals them for 30% of the damage done on an 18 sec cooldown they lose one of their dazes. I would love to know where this super amount of healing is currently because as far as I know at the moment we only got a burst heal for the party not for us. Doom 'n' Bloom, Thorn Strike, Huzzah!, and True Friend, and Petal Storm are our heals. While it sounds like there is a lot of skills that heal they are easily counter-able.

Archived