Farewell folks and Have Fun

853655_1452550230

so yeah, i ended up quitting, i really love this game but this dps meter triggered me, it frustrates me for some reason, 700+ AP kfm being out-dpsed by 598 AP, its not that i dont know the rotation, ive been KFM for almost 1year, been playing in taiwan and learned from AALaguna and Shiro video guide, the problem is my Ping, my ping is arround 200 and i also play in Australia, this may sounds drama to some of you but yeah DPS ruined my fun on this game, i managed to endure bots, gold spammers, the super time consuming dailies but i cannot tolerate this dps thing, i feel so useless on my party. 

thats all i guess, i really love this game, kfm is love kfm is life, i would like to play my kfm with passion if i have a better ping. sometimes i envy Laguna and Shiro on their gameplay because of their super smooth gaming experience on their toon. 

im really sorry, im just sad, have fun everyone. i will miss this game... enjoy gaming

sorry for bad grammar, Asian here hehe...

OMG don't quit over the stupid DPS meter, I am like you, although I play NA server from UK so I have insane ping on my LBD too (don't ask why i'm on NA lol although I am lvling a character on EU seriously now too) I was pretty tilted to see my performance on the meter at first, but hey, there are things to consider, grabs, mechanics...and you are a tank you aren't ment to out dps for example a FM right? It really does not matter as long as you play your class well despite the ping and the dungeon gets finished. Right now I do not give a flying *cricket* about that meter and I turn it off it really means nothing to me, if you like the game keep playing...turn it off...simple, I wish they would get rid of it or just make it a personal meter. <3

I have managed to outdps alot of 700 AP people as a summoner. I have never still seen anyone nagging about someone's dps so you shouldn't be too focused about the dps meter. As long as the dungeon gets done and you can tank the bosses I am sure people will be appreciating it more than if you are the top of the DPS list.

So because you can't outdps a DPS class as a KFM, which is meant to be a tank class made you want to quit the game?

I'm sorry but what? You're meant to be tanking and dpsing at the same time while classes like FM can fully focus on the boss and clear it in a good time.

As long as you're tanking the boss and able to clear the dungeon then why care about your DPS in the end?

You can watch all the tutorials you want, subscribe to every youtube if you want. But if you chose a KFM for DPS then that is your fault. I'm not saying they are bad they are very versatile but it is completely idiotic to whiny about dps due to ping. You already knew you had low ping, you already knew you need good ping to master a KFM. You should know better specially if you came from other regions.

Based on your description you were holding aggro so the FM or whatever class it was, could focus on only one thing... DPS. It is hard to deal with boss, aggro, mechanics and DPS at the same time. If you were holding aggro then you did your job as you are supposed to. Why the hate? Don't you know what your class was made for?

You might feel so useless because you don't know your role in the party. Im a 580 ap FM and im usually second place in the dps meter even when team up with 650+ ,700+ap players. My class is made for DPS, i have to admit i cant outdps them sometimes. Why? becouse i have lag and my screen freezes form time to time for 2-3 secs.

I see it as DPS output only should not have been the focus on the game since the game has  many clases that does help out each other and should be working as  a team but with that DPS meter it makes DPS the main focus now.

I would agree with op that is not fun with DPS meter around  that I see that it just make DPS the main focus and make dps competition a highlight.  and no longer the excitement of the team completing the dungeon. 

And besides that it may not even accurate, if you share out the results within the party, my friends and I found out it gives different values for each person. 

1 hour ago, Faline said:

OMG don't quit over the stupid DPS meter, I am like you, although I play NA server from UK so I have insane ping on my LBD too (don't ask why i'm on NA lol although I am lvling a character on EU seriously now too) I was pretty tilted to see my performance on the meter at first, but hey, there are things to consider, grabs, mechanics...and you are a tank you aren't ment to out dps for example a FM right? It really does not matter as long as you play your class well despite the ping and the dungeon gets finished. Right now I do not give a flying *cricket* about that meter and I turn it off it really means nothing to me, if you like the game keep playing...turn it off...simple, I wish they would get rid of it or just make it a personal meter. <3

^ This. And I am LBD also, playing on NA from Europe, crazy ping. Turn off the meter, let whoever cares about it focus on it, and just keep enjoying yourself : )

If u want top dps and still be tank go BM... lol

Or ask Ncsoft make your main dps skill also hits like a truck like BM ... problem solved Kappa..

Joke aside ... a tank who think he can beat a dps class in dps ... and have bad ping too ... ow well thats absurd... quiting over this reason is nonsense...

Im sure there also other reasons u quit i hope else stupid...

If anyone should quit then a BD coz we so freaking bugged... lame draw stance bug still there...

I recall that I was warning about this thing ,good geared characters with a good AP and lots of efforts invested being out dps by lower AP characters just because better ping .Is nothing ppls can do about it ,actually is irritating ...DPS meter is wrong tool because get ppls tensioned and frustrated .It should be on just for personal use ,in single instances and dummies.

Good luck OP,hopefully you will find another game you would like .

5 hours ago, 853655_1452550230 said:

but this dps meter triggered me, it frustrates me for some reason, 700+ AP kfm being out-dpsed by 598 AP ... the problem is my Ping, my ping is arround 200 and i also play in Australia, this may sounds drama to some of you but yeah DPS ruined my fun on this game

Yeah, unless you have <50ms ping, this game just plain sucks d*ck, and NCS West refuses to correct the issue for their player base.

To everyone else: He didn't quit because of the DPS meter, he quit because the devs just refuse to provide *decent* servers for this a ping demanding game. He quit because he just cannot play this game because he is missing critical hits and combos, as shown by this video. His 700AP+ is effectively ~550AP thanks to a 200ms+ ping.

Wow ya'll belittling him because he quit the game, its his choice and we should respect it no matter how much we disagree with it. This why people leave now because of the constant harassment you people dish out, no wonder the community is frustrated its because of people like you and you should think long about how you want to be treated. 

At the end of the day man, we play games because we enjoy them. If you enjoy playing your KFM and you're playing it as it should be played, why let a dps meter play with your head like that? At the end of the day it's just numbers, it doesn't really matter as long as the tank holds his aggro and the boss is downed before any enrage mechanics etc.

You obviously have a decent geared character that you've worked hard on, just keep playing the game to have fun.. otherwise what's the point?  Seriously, i wouldn't be letting a list of numbers that can be affected by god knows what during the course of a fight, dictate to me if i should be enjoying playing or not :)

13 hours ago, CrimsonKitsune said:

Wow ya'll belittling him because he quit the game, its his choice and we should respect it no matter how much we disagree with it. This why people leave now because of the constant harassment you people dish out, no wonder the community is frustrated its because of people like you and you should think long about how you want to be treated. 

I think you misunderstood my post 100 %. What I said was to encourage him to continue and ignore the fact that his DPS is low. It doesn't matter since good tank will be appreciated more than brainless DPSer especially if the class is KFM. Also I mentioned that I haven't seen anyone flaming others about their DPS so OP shouldn't feel so bad about lower DPS as high AP player. Please learn to read comments properly.

9 hours ago, AttacKat said:

To everyone else: He didn't quit because of the DPS meter, he quit because the devs just refuse to provide *decent* servers for this a ping demanding game.

Servers are the same from beginning. But if he got 700ap, i dont think its unplayable.

I'm at the same boat as you, and i know how it feels play as KFM if more than 200ms, usually i play with 250ms with ping boost (wtfast atm), and without it i dont get less than 350ms. So far, i only got few problems with dps meter and the e-peen lords from cross server (since ALL my friends quitted the game, im basically alone), but i already saw many time a region drama on cross server about the others dps. My advice is simple, dont care about it, even you are a very demanding player and dont like see your nick on the 3rd/last position on dps, remember you are something like a bruiser class, do some damage but can tank the shit out.

Don't quit bro.

Archived