Forums

Where in settings do I get Zulia's breasts back?

Xiaoyen

6 minutes ago, Alysha Hawkeye said:

The story is changed cuz of the complex it created for the gameplay. Dividing already two-factioned players into four factions (Blue Light, Blue Dark, Red Light and Red Dark) was pretty much a headache, I believed.

When it comes to the change of gameplay, it can create different opinions. But at the ultimate end, developers often aim it to benefit players or their own convenience, unless they make a mistake about it.

Meanwhile, censoring Zulia's chests must be an important element of gameplay. Or is it just NCSoft backing away from a hostile group of people who believe in the rights of virtual girls.

I heard is more about a Korean policy about videogames in the last year.

4 minutes ago, Zuzu said:

Changes are generally done after getting the go from KR since NCwest are only the publishers. They have no right in changing the game without permissions sadly so that change to the Bandit quest may have been approved by KR but this Julia change was due to the fact KR had a bit controversy going on.

NCwest may be able to request permissions to change it back to normal but I have no clue about anything that goes on between a publisher and game creator.

Sources:

https://twitter.com/ende1031/status/757426243587350530/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Translate into: "Julia's appearance changes with this patch. The amount of skin is hugely reduced. My guess is it's because of the sexualisation controversy."

I like how there is a response on that twitter, "You ruined it." I agree. Want her to dress more modestly as the story progress and she ages, fine with me. Change her look in Sogun's Lament dungeon to appease a probably small but loud group of people and now I am upset. 

In USA they have a different ethics compared to the one we have in europe. 
Apparently they get easy offended if a big amount of skin is in view, while in europe we get a lot less offended (still we, in some situations) .
Then add that probably the team behind the NA/EU version of BnS is composed of devs that doesnt want to take any chance.  this all started when BnS West was released, with the 2 major reviews sites largely blaming the game because boobs have physics (the reviewers probably seen that as an offense) so they had to start censure stuff. Actually few sets previously censored have been uncensored (but it was stuff that never had anyway a huge amount of skin in view) but seem they are just censoring the most "sexy" outfits. 

I like more the way they made BnS in China.. it's 18+, but nothing is censored.

8 minutes ago, Xiaoyen said:

I like how there is a response on that twitter, "You ruined it." I agree. Want her to dress more modestly as the story progress and she ages, fine with me. Change her look in Sogun's Lament dungeon to appease a probably small but loud group of people and now I am upset. 

Much can't be done sadly unless KR feels the need to actually switch it back to the way it was.

Doesn't bother me mostly since it's only an NPC.

7 minutes ago, Zuzu said:

Much can't be done sadly unless KR feels the need to actually switch it back to the way it was.

Doesn't bother me mostly since it's only an NPC.

It bothers me because it represents censorship, probably brought on by people that don't even play the game and this is a slippery slope. What if in retaliation I feel like saying that I am offended by the males because they have muscular physiques that are difficult to obtain? I could argue that I want more "realism" and that they should start making overweight Gons with beer bellies who cannot kick above their waist. That argument would be just as valid as complaining that large breasts in a fantasy mature-rated MMO "oversexualizes" females.

1 hour ago, Alysha Hawkeye said:

The story is changed cuz of the complex it created for the gameplay. Dividing already two-factioned players into four factions (Blue Light, Blue Dark, Red Light and Red Dark) was pretty much a headache, I believed. Not mentioning that you have to create two story paths later, if they kept the old one

The whole thing with too many factions being the main reason for the change is just misinformation spread from the Dojo.  It was an annoyance, sure, but the main reason was Chinese gaming laws forbidding the pc from being classified as "evil", which naturally caused issues. One of the other reasons was that at the time the average Chinese computers were deemed to not be able to run Silverfrost properly, because KR initially had so demaning graphics, which is why the areas was revamped as well.

Light/Dark and Wulin/Huntian might have been one of the issues, but it was far from being the main reason of the change, as it was easy to fix. 

On-Topic: 

As others have said, it would have been fine if this was something that only affected later Act 7 content and beyond, but the having all content with her be of the new outfit leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Don't care about boobs, but I have no love for censorship.

It also feels like a very weird decision considering Julia's been in the game for so long, and just now Team Bloodlust is deciding to censor her. 

12 hours ago, SenLingqi said:

I'm supporting this.

But we haven't been hit by this censorship yet did we? That would suck because Zulia's outfit will be available at some point to players. However I think the KR's censorship of Zulia is only for her, as a NPC, and hasn't been applied the player outfit. At least I hope, that would be outrageous otherwise.

http://bns.power.plaync.com/wiki/%ED%9D%91%ED%92%8D%EC%9D%98 check this link and sadly it looks like the censorship is set in stone.

I can't believe it. I'm so disappointed right now, and mad. So they actually censored a player outfit... while there are TONS of other outfits with insane cleavage. This is Blade & Souls ffs.

We still don't have this outfit and most people still aren't aware of this censorship, so I'll keep quiet for now... but the day we'll get our hands on this outfit, I swear I'm gonna start a riot.

I'm interested in getting an option to turn her back into her original look as well

Not even because I'm crazy about boobs or something, simply because the look fit her, it looked better, and her entire appearance is different now, not just her boobs - her face also looks different in sizing and her outfit is ugly

Archived