Forums

why people attack this game all of the sudden?

Meliodesu

6 hours ago, Meliodesu said:

never realized it has so much hate. why, is it bcuz RO is releasing? and whats with ppl saying its p2w

There's been alot of posts like that, which I don't get because fact is everything in game you can farm for; Wether it be pve, pvp, wwv or free events.

I think where the discontent comes in, is when someone else chooses to spendy money to get free items and said player is salty because they spent time, energy and effort to get it without spending money and they regret thier decision to do so.

So, Its about choices.

You can farm things for free and do events without spending money

You can buy ncoins to buy things in Shop to help you along 

You can buy gold from other players to buy things on MP from other players who farmed it

It's not that complex....

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Els said:

I'll take a guess, was it Perfect World ? :o

If u have max gear in perfect world, u don't need any pots. U can just simply 1 shot any free players with 6000000 average damage while they can only see 'immune' , 'resist' , and 'block' pop up when they attack u. 

Outside 6v6 I don't really see anyone winning anything. Open world PvP geared people still die hard to numbers of opposing faction. So tell me what is P2W. 

Pay to progress, yes. But everyone's gonna get the gems. They don't even do much by themselves.

oh common guys are your getting out of your way by saying this is the most p2w out there. However i will agree with you by saying from the current generation of MMOS but not of all time. Let me summon from the caves of hell Last chaos, Shaiya, Perfect World, etc etc. Hardcore, true p2w. Bns compared to those games make it look so much better now that I think about lol xD

Honestly, the community is just ungrateful. NCSoft has given so much for their game, yet the community shows no appreciation for their efforts.

• Whined about botters/hackers? Exterminated their population to the point where they're nearly extinct.
  • Whined about Soulstone Weapon Crates? They got removed. Twice after accidentally re-adding them.
  • Whined about Soulstone Terrors being too bulky? Wish granted.
  • Whined about the weapon transition to Silverfrost? Moonwater path was temporarily left as a side option.
  • Whined about Sogun's Lament requiring Awakened Scorpio Belt? Slapped effect onto Awakened Oathbreaker Belt.
  • Whined about losing gem slots on upgrading to Silverfrost weapon? Doesn't happen anymore, got reverse ported to all Asia servers.
  • Whined that PvP doesn't have Hongmoon skills? Wish granted.
  • Whined about Frozen Stingers being too scarce? Wish granted.
  • Whined about Moonstones being too scarce? Wish granted directly and indirectly.
  • Whined about Silverfrost weapon being too grindy? Wish granted.
  • Whined about Whirlwind Valley Matchmaking? Got rid of 6-man queues and potentially reduced the entire team consisting of "P2W whales", brought down to 1/2-man queues.

And after everything positive that has happened for NA/EU Blade and Soul, the community still makes out NCSoft to be a villain.

- And yet they still exit. And tbh removing a bot should be natural not after the community "whines" about it.

- Because they are stupid! Some classes benefitted more than others. And yeah it is PvP but there are no guns in the arena too... (i also would like a MG against Destro for example :D) 

- Yeah hm - this would be solved automatically by better gear so you might be right here.

- Mb because the change came a bit sudden...

- Here you are also right. But on the other hand a better belt makes it still easier. Also everyone could get a normal "scorpio belt" from nekro

- Because this is an idotic mechanic... Some get lucky other get fu... Tell me where this would improve the game experience a single bit?

- Whish was needed.

- Yeah problem would be solved naturally with more dungeon in which they are available.

- There was and still is a great imbalance between the obtaining of stingers and the obtaining of moonstones - and as far as i know we are missing some areas where they drop so i think it was needed.

- Yeah well it is good for twinks and lower ap chars but other did not benefit from it.

- Matchmaking still is a problem i can give you many examples (and i am not whining due to my equip i am often on the winning side - but stomping is as boring as beeing stomped)

If ppl do not "whine" about anything they either are completly happy (which is normally not possible) or they do not care any more (and will leave the game) so be happy that ppl still are whining.

All well nowdays which new game is not f2p ? and which game mode is not P2W ? those who complaint so much about p2w is because they dont have that $$$ and they wanted to win and full of envy of those who can pay. you may stop playing here and move over to R.O but guess what R.O also P2W so are others f2p game and they will not listen to you becoz you have no idea of the time and money they have to spend to develope this game and also to host and maintain them. Don't like it dont play anywhere is F2P.

2 hours ago, Shadovvv said:
  • Whined about botters/hackers? Exterminated their population to the point where they're nearly extinct.
  • Whined about Soulstone Weapon Crates? They got removed. Twice after accidentally re-adding them.
  • Whined about Soulstone Terrors being too bulky? Wish granted.
  • Whined about the weapon transition to Silverfrost? Moonwater path was temporarily left as a side option.
  • Whined about Sogun's Lament requiring Awakened Scorpio Belt? Slapped effect onto Awakened Oathbreaker Belt.
  • Whined about losing gem slots on upgrading to Silverfrost weapon? Doesn't happen anymore, got reverse ported to all Asia servers.
  • Whined that PvP doesn't have Hongmoon skills? Wish granted.
  • Whined about Frozen Stingers being too scarce? Wish granted.
  • Whined about Moonstones being too scarce? Wish granted directly and indirectly.
  • Whined about Silverfrost weapon being too grindy? Wish granted.
  • Whined about Whirlwind Valley Matchmaking? Got rid of 6-man queues and potentially reduced the entire team consisting of "P2W whales", brought down to 1/2-man queues.
  • It is the publishers job to keep the game bot free , it is sad to ppl need complain about them
  • There was no weapon crates in other versions when SSP was introduced, it was a mistake here
  • Ppl was weak because of rushed content
  • Again, because of rushed content
  • Same... rushed content
  • Bad game design got fixed everywhere, thx NA/EU players
  • Still a joke because tons of items needed
  • Other versions had alot of better rates, fix was needed
  • Fix was needed because of p2w boxes
  • Other versions had this alternative route
  • Bad game design got fixed

this game is the least p2w f2p games of all the MMOs i have played.

Those "f2p MMOs" that i have played all required you to spend thousands of dollars to be competitive. Played a couple, still do and then i got sick of all these p2w elements and just quit. On top of that they routinely delete low level characters when they feel like doing so. I lost some money that was stocked on those low level alts since i dont have space on my main.

I played both ffxiv and bns and i can even say bns storyline is at least around ffxiv story plot level. None of those other "F2p" can even churned out decent storyline and music.

5 minutes ago, arkvard said:

p2p mmo isn't any better, the recent p2p mmo i played was ffxiv and it has far more toxic community than this game.... LOL

In ff14 i got kicked once from 8man raid, here i cant even join them. So i dont think its more toxic.

12 minutes ago, KzE said:

In ff14 i got kicked once from 8man raid, here i cant even join them. So i dont think its more toxic.

at least there are people who wants to explain mechanics here instead of kicking you immediately like what they did in ff14 right? tell me how that is less toxic? LOL

10 minutes ago, arkvard said:

at least there are people who wants to explain mechanics here instead of kicking you immediately like what they did in ff14 right? tell me how that is least toxic? LOL

Because there is no in-dungeon kick. Just ask NC to implement it, and you will see the wild animals here :D

On 9/1/2016 at 11:11 AM, mrpeeng said:

[Serious Question] Can you give us an example of the games you've played ? I'd like to understand your definition of p2w.

Sure TERA which has some inner wear you can buy for a small stat boost and is readily available and cheap on their market for anyone else to buy with in game gold.

Star Wars the Old Republic which has nothing that's pay to win.

Ok lets be Clear:

Combat System in Bns is by far better then RO

End Game and Features Bns lag like hell and RO shine.. u got housing ... marriage... way more interactive emotes... and a free open world.. map...bns not its instanced

Grafics Bns is better then RO but not all care grafics ( i play bns lv 1 grafic anyway potato pc)

Both Games seem have a decent Story

Bns charackter creation is awesome and RO even top is... ( in RO bns guys helped  out create it, so the rumors)

Bns started to not be p2w and RO most likly will too but then go same model like Bns 90% sure about that ,seems so similar to bns ...

Is it worth leaving bns for RO? depends... if u a casual who want open world and features and play around and have a nice charackter then go RO

If u a Elite who dont bother all this features of marriage housing and shit and just want fight and kill and have nice combat system Bns is the Game for u.

RO pvp 1vs1 seems very sloppy the skill animations etc not reach bns standards... so bns also still got its better side over RO.

If BnS and RO had a baby and it would not be p2w BUT p2p or f2p ?

The MMORPG world would scream in joy... thats what i think (=

On 1/9/2016 at 0:24 PM, SilentOne said:

Because that's how do forums works.

Lets say you have 100bns players. 20 of them are annoyed or bored by it, so they decide to quit. And 5 out of these 20 quitters will create a topic here about how bns is p2w crap and how ---insert game they are moving in--- is/will be way better while that 80 guys who stay here just keep playing and does not feel the need to make any topics on forum.

And about p2w itself, i would say that everyone has his own opinion about what p2w 'really' means and if bns is 'this' p2w, so it's nosense to take ANY p2w yes or p2w no debate really seriously. 

Wow, thats pretty accurate tbh xD, i am a very active user in the forums in all the games i play and is true, thats how forum work, but theres also a % of players like me who like to check the news in the forums, pictures and fan arts =3

I mean, i agree that the game has turned into a heavy P2W game, but i dont mind as long there are Arena matches with balances stats, nice PVE and cute costumes, but again thats just me...

On 9/1/2016 at 1:08 PM, United17 said:

People have been attacking it since launch.

Unresolved bugs

Laughable class balance

Horrible server optimization

Etc....etc

People say it's pay to win because well, it's pay to win. I've never played another game that's even CLOSE to the pay to win in this game.

Just because there is an event that allows you to spend real money for a chance to gain good items. does not make the game pay2win. The game is pay2win if YOU make it pay2win. on top of that, the pay to win evens only last 1 to 2 weeks, and then they go..you've never played another game even CLOSE to pay2win as this game? play titles like maplestory, gunz, perfect world international and grandchase, and see how pay2win those games are. sorry but you have no idea what ur talking about. and i would say maplestory is the most pay2win game i ever saw lol

On 9/1/2016 at 7:23 PM, JatoJato said:

If you think the trove is p2w -> look at the Packages you can buy for RO. As it looks like this game is totally p2w - for example as it looks now you do not only need "premium" but also pay for scrolls...

"RO has packages THEREFORE B&S is not p2w."

I can't even...

The people who complain about pay2win, are the people who have no money, or are jealous of the people who spent money to get where they are. The treasure trove event is only a 2 week event and then its gone for x amount of months. If treasure trove was always available in the cash shop 24/7 THEN the game would be highly pay2win but its not. Dont get mad  because you see people getting amazing items you wish you had. A lot of "pay2win accusers" just get salty seeing other people with more money than you progress faster than you..Dont expect blade and soul to just give you 12 attack power gems for free. if you really want them and DONT want to spend real money, then you have to work pretty hard and craft them. the treasure trove gives u a chance to NOT do that if you have and are willing to spend the money

At least BNS isn't handing out legendary weapons in the cash shop (and only the cash shop).  Could be far worse, and they need to make money somehow. Either NC makes money or there is no game.  I'll take having a great game to play on the backs of those who like to spend "fistfuls" of cash for it.

1 hour ago, Madolche said:

Just because there is an event that allows you to spend real money for a chance to gain good items. does not make the game pay2win. The game is pay2win if YOU make it pay2win. on top of that, the pay to win evens only last 1 to 2 weeks, and then they go..you've never played another game even CLOSE to pay2win as this game? play titles like maplestory, gunz, perfect world international and grandchase, and see how pay2win those games are. sorry but you have no idea what ur talking about. and i would say maplestory is the most pay2win game i ever saw lol

Cool I've never heard of any of those games so.......I think I'm ok!

1 hour ago, Madolche said:

The people who complain about pay2win, are the people who have no money, or are jealous of the people who spent money to get where they are. The treasure trove event is only a 2 week event and then its gone for x amount of months. If treasure trove was always available in the cash shop 24/7 THEN the game would be highly pay2win but its not. Dont get mad  because you see people getting amazing items you wish you had. A lot of "pay2win accusers" just get salty seeing other people with more money than you progress faster than you..Dont expect blade and soul to just give you 12 attack power gems for free. if you really want them and DONT want to spend real money, then you have to work pretty hard and craft them. the treasure trove gives u a chance to NOT do that if you have and are willing to spend the money

So...not pay to win because some people won't/can't pay to win? OOKKKKKKKKKK...........

Your logic is HILARIOUS!

Oh and btw in the games like this (MMOs) I have played an "event" like the treasure trove would NOT be welcomed and would likely lead to many people outright quitting the game.

P.S. I've spent more money than you have bro I guarantee and I'm the biggest opponent of the P2W in this game I think it's ridiculous, on top of the other nickel and diming like paying for *cricket*ing inventory.

32 minutes ago, United17 said:

Cool I've never heard of any of those games so.......I think I'm ok!

So...not pay to win because some people won't/can't pay to win? OOKKKKKKKKKK...........

Your logic is HILARIOUS!

Oh and btw in the games like this (MMOs) I have played an "event" like the treasure trove would NOT be welcomed and would likely lead to many people outright quitting the game.

P.S. I've spent more money than you have bro I guarantee and I'm the biggest opponent of the P2W in this game I think it's ridiculous, on top of the other nickel and diming like paying for *cricket*ing inventory.

kay, you spent more money than i have. Congrats, and more power to you. I never said anything about spending more money on any game than you or anyone else but if you feel you need to compare wallet sizes by all means go ahead lmfao. and btw "So..not pay to win because some people wont/cant pay to win?" wtf does that mean. please butcher my comment some more and then question it lol..terrible summary and P.S, you pay to expand your inventory in pretty much all mmorpgs unless given to you otherwise. lel inventory has been the least of my worries but it seems to be a major issue for you. why is beyond me .

I try to check myself and not to bash BnS.

Objectively, it is not a bad game, and I did have fun playing it from time to time. I did not gear up in BnS or unlocked most of the HM skills. I know that I can still find parts of BnS that I can play and enjoy in a limited way.

Emotionally though, as weird as it sounds, it's hard for me not to resent BnS because it feels, well, bossy. And while I loved it, it did not love me back.  It's anthropomorphic, but, well, there it is.

7 hours ago, Madolche said:

I cant even.... So because some cant p2w they are salty  you even admitted that people progress faster than normal players. You yourself said it: "People get amazing item you wish you had".  "Have money? they can progress faster than you" Are you actually telling people to craft those gems? are you crazy? LOLOLOL do you even know how expensive they are to craft? if people complain about having to upgrade your weapon they will go nuts to even think about crafting gems.

OMG! That's it! I'm done for the day! Too much internet! And you still don't call it p2win!

I'm out! Bye! 

Archived