Forums

Warlock V Skill (Wingstorm) not casting instantly?

arieschai

I apologize beforehand if there were notes of this in the skill patch but I didn't see anything relating to it.

So, normally when you leech or use your 3 skill (Imprison), your V (Wingstorm) and 4 (Dragon Call, if you're spec'd for that) would turn blue and would cast instantly when selected. Now since the patch I only get to cast it instantly, sometimes. Randomly, I'll do a leech/imprison skill and Wingstorm combo but Wingstorm will do a casting period instead of insta-cast. Then other times it will instantly-cast. Not sure why. I'm positive the skill icon is blue, I wouldn't be able to cast it if it wasn't. 

Anyone else experiencing this? Is this an issue?

Sorry if I couldn't explain it clearer, kinda difficult to do so.

13 minutes ago, Nixonld said:

If the skill is purple, it has a cast time. If your skill is resisted/does not finish because you moved, you do not get the insta cast.

If it's blue, and has a cast time, that is a bug.

That's exactly what I meant in a tldr version. So I guess I should just wait it out for it to be fixed.

What you're describing is just some slight delay.

It's not a new bug, it's been around ever since the class got introduced.

It can happen with bombardment, wingstorm and dragoncall.

You're using your wingstorm before your client recognizes it should be instant cast, despite resetting its cooldown already.

The issue is most noticeable the first time you attempt to target a mob and follow it up with an instant bombardment.

It's not a particularly game breaking issue when you compare it to some of the other problems that have been around for longer than warlocks even existed so it's probably unlikely that it'll be addressed anytime soon.

That being said tough, just get in the habit of weaving a lmb or another attack after leech/ initial target debuffing to give your client time to sort it out or just wait a fraction of a second before using your next skill.

For example, instead of leech > wingstorm > helix, you could do leech> helix > wingstorm.

The ever so slight delay in firing off your wingstorm is a much better alternative than risking casting wingstorm manually and overwriting the helix you got from your leech with your first wingstorm hit.

3 hours ago, Eimi said:

What you're describing is just some slight delay.

It's not a new bug, it's been around ever since the class got introduced.

It can happen with bombardment, wingstorm and dragoncall.

You're using your wingstorm before your client recognizes it should be instant cast, despite resetting its cooldown already.

The issue is most noticeable the first time you attempt to target a mob and follow it up with an instant bombardment.

It's not a particularly game breaking issue when you compare it to some of the other problems that have been around for longer than warlocks even existed so it's probably unlikely that it'll be addressed anytime soon.

That being said tough, just get in the habit of weaving a lmb or another attack after leech/ initial target debuffing to give your client time to sort it out or just wait a fraction of a second before using your next skill.

For example, instead of leech > wingstorm > helix, you could do leech> helix > wingstorm.

The ever so slight delay in firing off your wingstorm is a much better alternative than risking casting wingstorm manually and overwriting the helix you got from your leech with your first wingstorm hit.

Well I've never had this issue till after the Desolate Tomb patch. And it's not a game breaking issue its just bothersome when I'm in arena and I'm trying to spam helix. With the cast time I leave myself open with no dps going on. It's just bothersome. 

And I follow that rotation. All these things I know I just wasn't sure if I was experiencing a bug or not.

Archived