DPS WL Skill Build

ExJade

Hi all!

I wanted to ask if anyone could suggest a good DPS skill build for my WL? I feel like my DPS got nerfed after the patch every time I run a 4-man. My DPS just doesn't catch up to the rest of the party. Thus ending up with one of my party members saying that all a WL is good for is Soulburn. I am currently using Bomb/Helix build. But I wanted to ask if you guys have a better one I can use? Thanks!

Couple of things... i have mentioned this o a past clan telling them wl is only good for soulburn.... this is true, Warlocks damage is not considered DPS rather burst... and very heavy burst at that. However when it comes to lessing the lack of DPS, i use volley as far as you can go HM helix shadow rupture (i was surprised my self how effective shadowrupture is after the patch) and wingstorm...This build (at least for me seems to have a rather nice damage period with a shorter down time) you can try it if ya want and see if it helps you o.o

3 hours ago, Dr SoulReaper said:

Couple of things... i have mentioned this o a past clan telling them wl is only good for soulburn.... this is true, Warlocks damage is not considered DPS rather burst... and very heavy burst at that. However when it comes to lessing the lack of DPS, i use volley as far as you can go HM helix shadow rupture (i was surprised my self how effective shadowrupture is after the patch) and wingstorm...This build (at least for me seems to have a rather nice damage period with a shorter down time) you can try it if ya want and see if it helps you o.o

This is honestly so sad for WL's. If we are to be considered as a support class, why not make Bastion a party shield instead? and also, Sanctum should be fixed since I still get Knockdown by bosses when the skill post says, "Resists Knockdowns". True, I guess I should consider a WL build more of a burst rather than a DPS, but then again what good is making a Warlock for then? If we can't DPS, how are we supposed to clear dungeons and bosses that require DPS to solo, i.e. Yeti and Jinsoyun? On this note, we barely have enough i-frames already to keep up which makes playing a WL so sad now.

6 hours ago, ExJade said:

This is honestly so sad for WL's. If we are to be considered as a support class, why not make Bastion a party shield instead? and also, Sanctum should be fixed since I still get Knockdown by bosses when the skill post says, "Resists Knockdowns". True, I guess I should consider a WL build more of a burst rather than a DPS, but then again what good is making a Warlock for then? If we can't DPS, how are we supposed to clear dungeons and bosses that require DPS to solo, i.e. Yeti and Jinsoyun? On this note, we barely have enough i-frames already to keep up which makes playing a WL so sad now.

the iframe thing is true... is really sad the poor amount of iframes we have.... But even if WLs DPS is not TOP tier, they ARE DPS, and if you're being left behind that means your team have waay better gear than you, or you're doing something wrong, this is the most basic WL build for DPS

https://bnstree.com/WL?build=5010002035314505402031220320113150022800321703131011060410903307031050112303204032710223003266011

put the rest of the point wherever you want.....

About sanctum that happens when the Boss skill Do a Knockback and then a KD.... Sanctum protecs you against a Knockdown, not knockback..... So when you they knockback you get pushed out of the circle so you can get the second effect that is the knock down.... is really really really annoyig tbh.

1 hour ago, Nowaki said:

the iframe thing is true... is really sad the poor amount of iframes we have.... But even if WLs DPS is not TOP tier, they ARE DPS, and if you're being left behind that means your team have waay better gear than you, or you're doing something wrong, this is the most basic WL build for DPS

https://bnstree.com/WL?build=5010002035314505402031220320113150022800321703131011060410903307031050112303204032710223003266011

About sanctum that happens when the Boss skill Do a Knockback and then a KD.... Sanctum protecs you against a Knockdown, not knockback..... So when you they knockback you get pushed out of the circle so you can get the second effect that is the knock down.... is really really really annoyig tbh.

I don't play my WL very much lately, but that build doesn't seem optimal at all.  I actually just tested it and am pulling about 3k less dps with it instead of this one.

https://bnstree.com/WL?build=5010002450320203322031011315003180032170340604109053050110403166011

2 hours ago, Nowaki said:

Hello :) uhmmmm.. gear wise I think Im good. Im sitting at 683 AP HM10 with Asura and Oblivion SS equipped. I have 219% crit damage and 59% crit rate ._. So if its gear I dont think I have a problem there. Im trying to see what other WL builds I can try to possibly alleviate being beaten in DPS by some with less than 80+AP than me ._.

1 hour ago, TJXX said:

I don't play my WL very much lately, but that build doesn't seem optimal at all.  I actually just tested it and am pulling about 3k less dps with it instead of this one.

https://bnstree.com/WL?build=5010002450320203322031011315003180032170340604109053050110403166011

Bombar build is a DPS lose right now.... specially with the new update making shadow rupture reduce wingstorm CD by 1 sec on hit, and im not sure why are you using Form 3 on repulse, thats only good when you are running Dragoncall, otherwise the 1 sec iframe is superior than insta cast on wingstorm (by the time you press 1 and then F, you can cast wingstorm).

5 minutes ago, Nowaki said:

Bombar build is a DPS lose right now.... specially with the new update making shadow rupture reduce wingstorm CD by 1 sec on hit, and im not sure why are you using Form 3 on repulse, thats only good when you are running Dragoncall, otherwise the 1 sec iframe is superior than insta cast on wingstorm (by the time you press 1 and then F, you can cast wingstorm).

Did a lot more in my tests, bombard ends up doing more dps than every other skill with helix in 2nd place.  The F skill is just a bonus for when I block something and don't need the iframe.

Just now, TJXX said:

Did a lot more in my tests, bombard ends up doing more dps than every other skill with helix in 2nd place.  The F skill is just a bonus for when I block something and don't need the iframe.

well if you are running Bombarment build, bombard is your main source of damage for sure and it will do more damage than any skill on that build i tested that before, but when you actually try full shadow, Helix get the lead since you can spam it more often than with bombar.... i used bombar before getting Asura Ember... and its better to anyone who doesnt have it, but once you get it, youll notice the difference in damage once you get the rotation properly..... If bombar works for you better then it means you already mastered it and thats good! but in paper, if you are equal with both of them, full shadow does more damage.

This is really annoying me when people says warlock is only good for soulburn, it is not the best dps ingame atm, but this class can still pull out some nice numbers if played properly. Of course skill rotations are harder and requires good timing,,, next skill patch with reduced sb Cd and new awakened skills WL dps is going to be as braindead as FM's (aka 2 buttons spam). Anyway I love this class no matter what...

QslT2PB.png iNTxBQu.png

some numbers with dark build + ice wingstorm

Right now we do not have the gear required to do great dps with shadow build but if you see the KR warlocks they can spam dragonhelix nonstop since they have a badge that creates 1 additional orb on hit with helix+ 2 on crit and you have hm volley for rotation reset warlock dps potential is up by a mile. Here is a nice video demonstration and this isnt even with volley or awakened volley skill. Wish i had better ping so i could go full dark. Warlock dps is really reliant on those endgame gear.

On 9/1/2016 at 6:28 PM, ExJade said:

If we are to be considered as a support class, why not make Bastion a party shield instead? 

This. Needs. To. Happen. They released WL and called it a glass cannon, then doubled back and made it a support class with no support skills. Sure, we have SB and it helps us increase the party's damage and what else? Nada. We are a convenience class, not a necessity. We're just there to make dungeons faster or to help a party ignore mechanics retardedly DPS a boss. 

DPS-wise and playing on 300-400 ms(don't ask. LOL.) on full dark build (without HM RMB), 620 AP, 58% crit and 208% crit damage. I only out DPS a 540 FM by a little bit. I do anywhere from 6k-9k/sec without blue buff and 9-12k with blue buff, both with SBs.

2 hours ago, Vinn said:

This. Needs. To. Happen. They released WL and called it a glass cannon, then doubled back and made it a support class with no support skills. Sure, we have SB and it helps us increase the party's damage and what else? Nada. We are a convenience class, not a necessity. We're just there to make dungeons faster or to help a party ignore mechanics retardedly DPS a boss. 

DPS-wise and playing on 300-400 ms(don't ask. LOL.) on full dark build (without HM RMB), 620 AP, 58% crit and 208% crit damage. I only out DPS a 540 FM by a little bit. I do anywhere from 6k-9k/sec without blue buff and 9-12k with blue buff, both with SBs.

++++111 I swear, if they plan on making Warlocks a support class we should be AT LEAST able to support. Not just be there for convenience. I mean yes, I do understand we have the capacity to support DPS because our ticks do large damage but NOT per second. What I suggest is:

1.) Make Bastion a party shield, just as BM's and LBD's have.

2.) Make Sanctum work like Veil(FM)

3.) Reduce the CD of thrall On-Rush to assist with stuns.

4.) And.... I dunno what else >.<

But this are just my humble opinions :3

On ‎09‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 5:36 PM, Araneo said:

This is really annoying me when people says warlock is only good for soulburn, it is not the best dps ingame atm, but this class can still pull out some nice numbers if played properly. Of course skill rotations are harder and requires good timing,,, next skill patch with reduced sb Cd and new awakened skills WL dps is going to be as braindead as FM's (aka 2 buttons spam). Anyway I love this class no matter what...

QslT2PB.png iNTxBQu.png

some numbers with dark build + ice wingstorm

Btw, can I ask what your skill build is? and what your Stats are? And what your skill rotations are? O.O PWETTY PWEASE WIT SUGA WUMPS ON TWOP? (=^.^=)

On 9/4/2016 at 1:47 AM, Vinn said:

That's pretty low for those stats.  Honestly, your ping is what's killing you.  Full dark build you need to be able to basically spam 4, RMB, and F in very quick succession to get all 3 off between wingstorm ticks to do optimal DPS.. Also your RMB needs to salvo every single time.  

With bad ping, I'd actually recommend going Ice build because of the longer downtime between skills.  Dark build just doesn't play nice with high ping.

16 minutes ago, Eileithia said:

That's pretty low for those stats.  Honestly, your ping is what's killing you.  Full dark build you need to be able to basically spam 4, RMB, and F in very quick succession to get all 3 off between wingstorm ticks to do optimal DPS.. Also your RMB needs to salvo every single time.  

With bad ping, I'd actually recommend going Ice build because of the longer downtime between skills.  Dark build just doesn't play nice with high ping.

Playing with 200 ms on good days here and oh boy is it still a pain in the ass to do dark build. I usually go for ice build because it gives more DPS just a bit more but still pretty significant.

I ended up going full frost build for higher DPS since I can spam dragon call in bursts with the hm skill. I also have a horrible ping. After numerous tests and rotations it still comes out to Frost for me. I think we need unnerfed a bit, or more party buff support. 

• 2 weeks later...

Me and Tiamus are probably using the same build and I also pull shit loads of dps, here's an example of Singe, Schorch in Nexus
https://gyazo.com/ba20e0b3e91f96042b0298f29af5280c

I use HM Helix, HM Volley (RMB) with ICE Wingstorm. If u know how to use Volley properly and time it correctly u get alot more dps than bombardment build, but if u *cricket* up on the Volley roation timing u loose alot of dps and I mean ALOT dps.. The most common problem Shadow Warlocks do when they use Volley is that they're not waiting untill the Volley is fully charged into a Salvo hit b4 they use it.. Which means that they do NOT get the CD reduction on Wingstorm! If u use it properly and wait untill it's fully charged tho! u get 1 additional spectral orb and a 2 sec decreased cooldown on ur wingstorm on a Salvo hit and if the Salvo hit critts u get an extra spectral orb in other words u can get up to 2 extra Spectral orbs and 2 sec decreased CD on Wingstorm on every Salvo hit u make.. Less CD on Wingstorm and more Spectral orbs = Spamming helix/rupture 24/7 

Why the ICE Wingstorm on Shadow build u may also ask? since Shadow Wingstorm actually does more dmg. The reason is very simple! The Wingstom is basicly just gonna be used to proc ur main dmg skill "Helix" and the ICE Wingstorm has lower CD than the Shadow one, which means that it's alot faster and easier to reset the CD of ICE Wingstom with ur Volley CD Reduction Salvo hit, in other words, lower CD on Wingstorm = More Helix spamming

• 1 month later...
On 19.9.2016 at 7:41 PM, QQplewpleww said:

Me and Tiamus are probably using the same build and I also pull shit loads of dps, here's an example of Singe, Schorch in Nexus
https://gyazo.com/ba20e0b3e91f96042b0298f29af5280c

I use HM Helix, HM Volley (RMB) with ICE Wingstorm. If u know how to use Volley properly and time it correctly u get alot more dps than bombardment build, but if u *cricket* up on the Volley roation timing u loose alot of dps and I mean ALOT dps.. The most common problem Shadow Warlocks do when they use Volley is that they're not waiting untill the Volley is fully charged into a Salvo hit b4 they use it.. Which means that they do NOT get the CD reduction on Wingstorm! If u use it properly and wait untill it's fully charged tho! u get 1 additional spectral orb and a 2 sec decreased cooldown on ur wingstorm on a Salvo hit and if the Salvo hit critts u get an extra spectral orb in other words u can get up to 2 extra Spectral orbs and 2 sec decreased CD on Wingstorm on every Salvo hit u make.. Less CD on Wingstorm and more Spectral orbs = Spamming helix/rupture 24/7 

Why the ICE Wingstorm on Shadow build u may also ask? since Shadow Wingstorm actually does more dmg. The reason is very simple! The Wingstom is basicly just gonna be used to proc ur main dmg skill "Helix" and the ICE Wingstorm has lower CD than the Shadow one, which means that it's alot faster and easier to reset the CD of ICE Wingstom with ur Volley CD Reduction Salvo hit, in other words, lower CD on Wingstorm = More Helix spamming

Could you please show your build(s) / Tiamus build(s) on bnstree?

i would also appreciate a more detailed explanaition for beginner since i do not understand the exact rotation even if i can see it here

Okay I will make it simple and clear, WL's dps is pretty good, on par with BM and very very good ping FM.  But after the update, Bomb + Helix is dead, yes, you heard me, it is dead, because awakened rupture is no longer there, so you DON'T GAIN dps during soulburn anymore, this is probably why you see LOTS of wl going for Dcall + Bomb now, or switch to Volley + Helix.  But please keep in mind, as long as you don't have the new season soul badge (the one that allows you to skip dimentional charge), Dcall + Bomb is still better than Volley + Helix.  But once you have the new season badge and serph stage 4 +, it is a whole different game, your dps will sky rocket to highest ever.

On 9/6/2016 at 10:22 PM, Eileithia said:

I've heard but Bomb + DC is just too annoying for me, I feel like I'm sitting duck with not doing much while DC is on CD or if it doesn't crit. Recently got 60% crit though so I may give it another whirl. But ah, what a waste of Asura's Ember.

Archived