Summoner's Cat in Battleground (6vs6) [Closed - Necroing]

SuMMasteR

8 minutes ago, newbiez said:

and yet u necro this thread lol wth xD

The cat got revived? The cat is out of the box. :D

No, seriously, Summoners need some tuning down because they cannot be dealt with in battlegrounds. Especially the cat is basically another character in the party.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, Jannie said:

No, seriously, Summoners need some tuning down because they cannot be dealt with in battlegrounds. Especially the cat is basically another character in the party.

They've already lost damage what else do you want? As mentioned above ^ disable cat, there you go. And in 6v6? summoners are the least of your worries lol. 

28 minutes ago, Jannie said:

sometimes i wondering why the cat still alive even the sum already dead...kinda annoying xD

16 hours ago, newbiez said:

sometimes i wondering why the cat still alive even the sum already dead...kinda annoying xD

Because the cat is it's own entity? It's also required to be alive while the summoner is dead for a summoner to use mass res which can save your ass in dungeons lol. Or so it can protect the summoner while recharging chi. Or revive the summoner to help them get back in the game. So, I mean, lol.

27 minutes ago, XO said:

Because the cat is it's own entity? It's also required to be alive while the summoner is dead for a summoner to use mass res which can save your ass in dungeons lol. Or so it can protect the summoner while recharging chi. Or revive the summoner to help them get back in the game. So, I mean, lol.

wow dang cat so many advantage...but u cant use mess ress in 6v6 right and if u die at 6v6(wwv,beluga idk about clan since im never go) you cant recharging the chi right? or you can do it? o.o

1 hour ago, newbiez said:

wow dang cat so many advantage...but u cant use mess ress in 6v6 right and if u die at 6v6(wwv,beluga idk about clan since im never go) you cant recharging the chi right? or you can do it? o.o

lol you can get the cat to rev you personally but most notice and kill your cat or wait for you to get up than kill you again LOL

The issue with the cat in 6v6 is that it draws target. There is always the cat right next to you and it becomes really difficult to target anything else but the cat.

I think this point has been experienced by all but it has not been brought to attention so far.

Furthermore, the cat should not even be alive in 6v6 once the host summoner is dead, so I really cannot understand the logic of the cat still following people eternally all around the world slowing and contributing to the fight when the host summoner is dead. This is definitely something that must be addressed in future patches. 

In 6v6 the cats are basically immortal and ALWAYS contributing to the fight, even if the summoner is CC'ed.

A summoner does not come as one character but as two equally strong entities, its strength being of defensive nature.

The cat should in general, in PvP and in PvE be a REAL "pet" and function like the Warlock pet that needs to be summoned for a period of time.

The endless presence of the cat is way too much and should be addressed in future patches. I cannot imagine that summoners will keep their eternal pets for long.

23 minutes ago, Jannie said:

The issue with the cat in 6v6 is that it draws target. There is always the cat right next to you and it becomes really difficult to target anything else but the cat.

I think this point has been experienced by all but it has not been brought to attention so far.

Furthermore, the cat should not even be alive in 6v6 once the host summoner is dead, so I really cannot understand the logic of the cat still following people eternally all around the world slowing and contributing to the fight when the host summoner is dead. This is definitely something that must be addressed in future patches. 

In 6v6 the cats are basically immortal and ALWAYS contributing to the fight, even if the summoner is CC'ed.

A summoner does not come as one character but as two equally strong entities, its strength being of defensive nature.

The cat should in general, in PvP and in PvE be a REAL "pet" and function like the Warlock pet that needs to be summoned for a period of time.

The endless presence of the cat is way too much and should be addressed in future patches. I cannot imagine that summoners will keep their eternal pets for long.

i can sense numerous summoner will haunt you if they make cat have function like thrall xD...but then again i hope they make thrall function like cat..no limit lifespan

At least they should disable the cat combat mode when the summoner is holding the horn in beluga or capturing in WWV.

It is getting ridiculous that they can carry the horn and let the cat keep CCing the enemies behind them. People said "just make the cat unconscious". Oh, come on, it is a big group fight. It is not 1vs1. 1 hit or DOT dmg can wake up the cat instantly. Plus, even if you make them unconscious when chasing a summoner holding a horn, the cat can instantly teleport back to the summoner if he/she ran too far away.

5 minutes ago, FrozenB said:

At least they should disable the cat combat mode when the summoner is holding the horn in beluga or capturing in WWV.

It is getting ridiculous that they can carry the horn and let the cat keep CCing the enemies behind them. People said "just make the cat unconscious". Oh, come on, it is a big group fight. It is not 1vs1. 1 hit or DOT dmg can wake up the cat instantly. Plus, even if you make them unconscious when chasing a summoner holding a horn, the cat can instantly teleport back to the summoner if he/she ran too far away.

oh shit i thought im the only one feel like its ridiculous when you trying to atk the sum but cat keep slowing u down and the sum can easily run to the spot while holding the horn...

9 minutes ago, newbiez said:

i can sense numerous summoner will haunt you if they make cat have function like thrall xD...but then again i hope they make thrall function like cat..no limit lifespan

All I wish is to contribute positively to the game. I don't wish to step on any summoner's toes. I simply made a few observations in 6v6 which I wished to share with other readers and which I personally thought to be worthy of a thought or two and maybe interesting for others to read and think about.

However, I personally think that it would not be that crippling for a summoner if the cat would have to be summoned. It is not crippling for a Warlock either.

Both, summoner and warlocks are not useless without their pets and can handle playing a few seconds without the pet until they can summon their pets again.

The summoner is called "summoner" but he does not "summon" anything because the cat is permanently there. Ever thought about that?

I believe that even summoners would come to the conclusion that such cat changes as mentioned above would definitely make their summoner play more rewarding, enjoyable, and challenging.

30 minutes ago, Jannie said:

However, I personally think that it would not be that crippling for a summoner if the cat would have to be summoned. It is not crippling for a Warlock either.

Both, summoner and warlocks are not useless without their pets and can handle playing a few seconds without the pet until they can summon their pets again.

right, thats why sum have 8 skills on cat and all ccs (except our 2) is on cat too. But yeah you wont cipple us like wls. How many skills do wls have for their thrall? right 3, and 1 of them is for cc.

if you do this, revamp the whole sum and name it wl 2.0, ty 

1 hour ago, Jannie said:

A

The summoner is called "summoner" but he does not "summon" anything because the cat is permanently there. Ever thought about that?

maybe wl should change name to summoner since wl need to keep summon the thrall for cc and sb xD

2 hours ago, RainbowDashie said:

right, thats why sum have 8 skills on cat and all ccs (except our 2) is on cat too.

The cat in invincible right now and as strong as another player on its own. I am sorry if I stepped on your toes but the current situation in 6v6 is intolerable. Summoners are too dominant and invincible. Invincible cat, unmatched sustain, unrivaled dps, unkillable summoner.

8 skills on a cat, I have maybe half the CC in total that I can work with. I think I have never seen a summoner with 750+ AP ever die in any 6v6 battle.

In 6v6 it would not be crippling at all if the cat would have to be summoned since it is a team-play. It's not like the cat would disappear but it would allow the summoner to experience a more challenging game play with more skill. Currently the difficulty level of summoners is maybe 1 of 5 stars. Don't you even want to consider playing a more rewarding summoner?

Currently one summoner can fight 6 people at one whirlwind basin without dying and without allowing enemies to conquer it. 

Summoners are too safe, too strong, too invincible, too much sustain, too much CC. It is way too much and the last nerfs were simply not sufficient.

In PvE it would not matter so much either if the cat would need to be summoned.

2 hours ago, RainbowDashie said:

right, thats why sum have 8 skills on cat and all ccs (except our 2) is on cat too. But yeah you wont cipple us like wls. How many skills do wls have for their thrall? right 3, and 1 of them is for cc.

if you do this, revamp the whole sum and name it wl 2.0, ty 

It is because summoner themselves have tons of useful skills already, like heals, party iframe, counter stealth, etc. That's why they have to put most of the CC into the cat. The summoner class is like a combination of all classes (massive CC like BD, stealth like Sin, party iframe like Sin, snare/root like WL, air combo/gribble, etc). Well, the only thing they don't have is Spinning like Destroyer and BD, but summoner has unique massive superior self-heal and aoe heal. That's all I can think of.

They should re-make summoners class. I don't mind they boost their damage back as long as the cat has a summoning time limit. 

23 minutes ago, Jannie said:

8 skills on a cat, I have maybe half the CC in total that I can work with. I think I have never seen a summoner with 750+ AP ever die in any 6v6 battle.

q: cat recive less dmg

e: iframe + kb/kd

x: 5 sec summ+cat iframe

v: 2 times kd, aircombo

c: daze

tab: stun, grabble

so you want me to tell that your class dont have 4 ccs? what are you a wl?

25 minutes ago, Jannie said:

Currently one summoner can fight 6 people at one whirlwind basin without dying and without allowing enemies to conquer it. 

Summoners are too safe, too strong, too invincible, too much sustain, too much CC. It is way too much and the last nerfs were simply not sufficient.

Yeah if you just keep hiting in our petal storm (projectile shield + heal IF protect) or keep hitting in our Seed Shroud yeah we will stilll be alive for long, our other healing skills are Huzzah (z) 10% of our health and Doom'n'bloom (f) with 50% heal for that dmg that skil have done (for note this skill doesnt deal real dmg)

so yeah we are so high in healing, wait fm have the same and even more healing :O or bm have 1% heal on their rmb :O, or kfm who can have 100% evasion :O yeah but only summs are the strong right? ;)

26 minutes ago, FrozenB said:

It is because summoner themselves have tons of useful skills already, like heals, party iframe, counter stealth, etc. That's why they have to put most of the CC into the cat. The summoner class is like a combination of all classes (massive CC like BD, stealth like Sin, party iframe like Sin, snare/root like WL, air combo/gribble, etc). Well, the only thing they don't have is Spinning like Destroyer and BD, but summoner has unique massive superior self-heal and aoe heal. That's all I can think of.

They should re-make summoners class. I don't mind they boost their damage back as long as the cat has a summoning time limit. 

heal yes, party iframe yes, obvious conter stealth yes. 

why give sum a time limit? how long will this limit be? what do we do with our other skills then? what is the balance in 1v1 then? You have to keep this in mind this game is balanced for 1v1 -> 3v3 -> pve -> rest. 

RainbowDashie, we are discussing summoner's in battlegrounds and we are sharing our experiences. Your perceptions are not the only ones that count and you have shared your own opinions as we did share ours. Summoners, that are in reality NO summoners since they don't summon anything, are unquestionably overloaded and overpowered on battlegrounds. Nobody questions this observation.

Interestingly few minutes ago on battlegrounds someone started a discussion in battleground party chat talking about summoners and how cancerous they would be. We were playing against two summoners in enemy team. In that discussion one of them even mentioned that a huge issue with summoners would be that it would be so difficult to target anything else but the cat that is sticking to the feet and that both, summoner and cat would be difficult to separate from one another in the heat of the battle. Exactly the very same issues that I had mentioned above were mentioned in that chat. This shows that I am not the only person experiencing such problems but it is the experience many other non-summoners that play against summoners on battlegrounds.

People are frustrated and get double the heart beat when they face a summoner. This is not OK nor is it healthy. Once the cat touches you once, you won't be able to escape them and the cat follows you literally forever slowing you and not allowing you to sprint.

No class in a game should be that toxic and obnoxious as the summoner is since such are traits a game should not have. A game is supposed to be fun and not frustration.

Summoner are no healthy contribution to the battlegrounds but a serious issue and as soon as one person mentions something against summoners in chat then the frustration and anger of all players in party bursts into countless sentences.

You might find playing summoner very enjoyable, easy, and rewarding but those whom you steamroll have a very toxic and frustrating gaming experience because they simply don't have the skill set in their kit to deal with them.

Summoners are the most toxic class in the game, this is not even a challenged statement.

I was going through my screenshots and found this screenshot which I thought of sharing with you guys.

The screenshot shows the typical battle result against a summoner party.

This battleground result is usually observed when facing summoners in battlegrounds. 

Notice the damage dealt to damage received of the third summoner with 6 kills: 600k Damage dealt, 45k Damage received.

We had only one melee and one semi-melee in party, all others were ranged with ranged CC.

The summoners hide in their cloud and pew pew while the cat does all the work, not worrying of being CC'ed by any of the ranged and semi-ranged classes.

On battlegrounds the matches are solely decided by the number of summoners in parties.

You have no summoner and play against them, you might better just afk on spawning point.

Summoners have EVERYTHING all the other classes have, multiplied by two.

They have KFM skills, they have Assassin skills, they have Warlock skills, they have Forcemaster skills, they have basically everything, they are even two classes in one. I suppose better nerf Irelia.

hnyyka

--------

Edit:

I don't know how to properly insert an image here so here is the URL for you:

https://ibb.co/hnyyka (https==//ibb-co/hnyyka) where [= is :] and [- is .]

As main FM and 2nd char Sin I wouldn't have any problems to give you a full healed living cat without any debuffs after respawn. It would be fair to be able to start as fast as any other class. But to be fair summoner need a nerf for battlegrounds ... or better said he need more balanced spells for party pvp fights. Summoner don't need a nerf in arena, only in battlegrounds ... please don't understand me wrong.

PS: Friends who play summoner agree with that.

On 31.08.2016 at 11:51 PM, SuMMasteR said:

When we died, we are losing a lot of time to wake up the cat! Cats must be independent from the TAB in battleground (6vs6). Time is very important in the war.

The problem is that : When we get up again, cat is happening dead or continue with low hp. There is a bad disadvantage for us at the start.

Cat died : Waiting for waking up.

Cat have low hp: This is very important problem. We must to use skills or use food dumpling. We spend skill without going to war.

Result: We are losing a lot of time getting started and we dont help our party on time.

Your thoughts?

Correct detection. I totally agree with you. This problem needs to be solved. You are losing so much time because of this bug. 

My main character WL. I am starting with full hp and without debuff. Why summoners starting without cat or debuffed cat? It's not fair..

9 minutes ago, RevelatioN said:

Correct detection. I totally agree with you. This problem needs to be solved. You are losing so much time because of this bug. 

My main character WL. I am starting with full hp and without debuff. Why summoners starting without cat or debuffed cat? It's not fair..

Cat died: take less than 5 seconds to summon it?

Cat have low hp: heal it? lol....you sound like summoner can't heal the cat? Also, cat have a skill to immune all the attacks and damages too. You just need to use it at the right time.

When your cat is dead, you can just counter-stealth and run away to somewhere safe and re-summon the cat. Unlike arena, 6v6 battleground map is so big.

Result: losing alot of time? 10 seconds? LOL....10 seconds is like the time you run from base to the group fight? lmao....it is the same for any other classes as well. I don't think there is another class that can do instant teleportation right? lmao...

Also, you know why your WL starting with full hp and without debuff? It is because you were dead. Why summoner's cat have low hp and debuff? It is because the cat wasn't dead when the summoner was dead. I don't mind that they fix it so that the cat dies whenever the summoner is dead so that the new summoned cat is full hp and without debuff at base.

Also, I agree that the cat should be independent from the TAB so that all the skills from the cat are casted randomly and not controlled by the summoner. I think this is what you meant right? I am very happy if they do so.

2 hours ago, Space Jesus said:

When you are summoner and you have a horn in hands, your cat can control enemies. Sins are OP with stealth, Summs can control even when they are busy.

The only problem I can report is that debuff stay on cat when we rez to spawn.

Sin is OP with stealth. It is only true if the player knows what to do. To be honest, sin holding horns in stealth can run faster than other players who are not in combat. This is kinda lame.

Once again, the debuff stayed on the cat because the cat was not dead technically along with the summoner. That's why it has a debuff on it. Plus, the cat was still fighting in a group fight or attacking an enemy while you were dead (4-5 seconds before you get up again) and people complain about the debuff on cat?

For the debuff, it will be an easy fix. Let the cat die automatically when the summoner was dead. Then, after the summoner gets up, they have to re-summon the cat. Now, the cat is in full hp and healthy condition. However, once again, the summoner players would complain that in PVE, they can't use their cat to rezz themselves. 

Archived