Torunder

Premium Transformation Stones

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, JatoJato said:

While you are partly right about that - it is a legendary and not everyone should have it. But it also should not be like - yeah i farm less than others but got lucky with the transformation and got my premium stones - lalalalala.... If not everyone should have it - the simpler solution is to make them more expensive and remove the chance of failure in return - this would at least be fair.

I have to agree with this but in that case the price should be 10-50 times higher (no I am not kidding) so it wouldn't be too easy to achieve. If it was just the double anyone could achieve that in no time to be honest as once you reach the phase where you need legendary farming will be ridiculously easy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JatoJato   
1 hour ago, Lunakitty said:

I have to agree with this but in that case the price should be 10-50 times higher (no I am not kidding) so it wouldn't be too easy to achieve. If it was just the double anyone could achieve that in no time to be honest as once you reach the phase where you need legendary farming will be ridiculously easy.

If it is true and the chance of success is at 30% the price should be trippeled at max. Besides i can ensure you not everyone could manage to gain enough money if they would stay at the same price with no failure-chance. But the Cost increase could be discussed.

Farming is everytime easy - because if you have a team/clan you only spare a bit time with better gear. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Windy   

I heard CN and TW had some Baleful Nebula stones.They were reduced the premium stones by those ; so you just had to use 1 premium stone. I don't know exactly - they were some posts on reddit about this Legendary Nebula Stone.Maybe we can also get such here? Who knows.Might we get some reduction for legendary weapon,but again,not sure when this gonna happen,probably when they think that ppls can't keep up long with constant failures ,because the gold that you can obtain is much more less at this point and ppls started to loose patience and hope- the failures rates are just too big for our resources by now.We will see in next 3 or 4 months- or less HC players will start probably to loose interest while they can't keep up with their friends.Personally, I think we will get this legendary Nebula,but again,is just my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Windy said:

I heard CN and TW had some Baleful Nebula stones.They were reduced the premium stones by those ; so you just had to use 1 premium stone. I don't know exactly - they were some posts on reddit about this Legendary Nebula Stone.Maybe we can also get such here? Who knows.Might we get some reduction for legendary weapon,but again,not sure when this gonna happen,probably when they think that ppls can't keep up long with constant failures ,because the gold that you can obtain is much more less at this point and ppls started to loose patience and hope- the failures rates are just too big for our resources by now.We will see in next 3 or 4 months- or less HC players will start probably to loose interest while they can't keep up with their friends.Personally, I think we will get this legendary Nebula,but again,is just my opinion.

1 hour ago, Windy said:

I heard CN and TW had some Baleful Nebula stones.They were reduced the premium stones by those ; so you just had to use 1 premium stone. I don't know exactly - they were some posts on reddit about this Legendary Nebula Stone.Maybe we can also get such here? Who knows.Might we get some reduction for legendary weapon,but again,not sure when this gonna happen,probably when they think that ppls can't keep up long with constant failures ,because the gold that you can obtain is much more less at this point and ppls started to loose patience and hope- the failures rates are just too big for our resources by now.We will see in next 3 or 4 months- or less HC players will start probably to loose interest while they can't keep up with their friends.Personally, I think we will get this legendary Nebula,but again,is just my opinion.

This would be really good if we get that in NA/EU, players cant progress because it's already hard to obtain one premium stone from transmuting for most. Basically this would be an good alternative.

Edited by Erza Scarlet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Torunder   
11 hours ago, JatoJato said:

While you are partly right about that - it is a legendary and not everyone should have it. But it also should not be like - yeah i farm less than others but got lucky with the transformation and got my premium stones - lalalalala.... If not everyone should have it - the simpler solution is to make them more expensive and remove the chance of failure in return - this would at least be fair.

I'D LOVE THAT im used to work hard for what i want not to spend countless hours trying to get lucky and due to shit rnglosing everything while another dude hardly did something to earn it. as i said countless times, rng should be removed from everything, events, upgrades, drops, everything. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cherish   

I read this thread before I logged into the game.  I have already had one failure going for a SPTS and was like screw that.  Thought I would give it another go and this morning mine procced.  So now I'm 1 from 2 but I have to say I hate this style of game play.  I play games to have fun not to end up feeling sad because things are rng and rng hates me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JatoJato   
5 hours ago, Torunder said:

I'D LOVE THAT im used to work hard for what i want not to spend countless hours trying to get lucky and due to shit rnglosing everything while another dude hardly did something to earn it. as i said countless times, rng should be removed from everything, events, upgrades, drops, everything. 

While i am not a big fan of rng either (because mine always seems to be bad :-( ) i am still the opinion that a bit of rng is needed. 

- Events - most Events are not gated by rng (besides the Corallite-Event that was a bit ridiculous) and therefore should have some rng like the actual event (with luck you get stuff besides the coins you want but the gem is more or less save)

- Upgrades - yeah its an stupid mechanic that some players can save huge amounts of money because they get luckier with their elements or get 6 slots instead of 3 - that is idiotic because it does not lead to a better gaming experience and therefore should be removed

- Drops - no definitely not. You go in a dungeon in the hope to get a good loot or a massive drop. That should always be there because it exites ppl and motivates them to farm. However what would be nice is a type of currency that you get for each dynamic dungeon quest and with the amount X (should be rlly high) of this currency you can exchange stuff (that should be account bound to prevent leechers from getting rich). On this way you still have the rng exitement while you have at the same time the safety that your hard work (yes i use that word even if a game is no work - but i am not good enough in english so idk a better term for it) is rewarded.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JatoJato   
17 minutes ago, Minity SN said:

how can anyone defend RNG based progression..... its toxic

If you are lucky you can defend it beacuse you will feel even luckier - nomal human behaviour.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02-09-2016 at 11:01 AM, JatoJato said:

If you are lucky you can defend it beacuse you will feel even luckier - nomal human behaviour.

Jato it's fun if the success rate is 85 to 90 %, it may still fail but the 30% factor is just plain wrong considering the mats one loses..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JatoJato   
On 4.9.2016 at 2:40 PM, Erza Scarlet said:

Jato it's fun if the success rate is 85 to 90 %, it may still fail but the 30% factor is just plain wrong considering the mats one loses..

I congratulate you for your luck. But my successrate (and those of many ohters i talked too) is not 85%. So be happy and earn some money ;-).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, JatoJato said:

I congratulate you for your luck. But my successrate (and those of many ohters i talked too) is not 85%. So be happy and earn some money ;-).

I think you misread my post. What I meant was: it SHOULD be 85-90% successrate not that I have it or I do be rich XD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AttacKat   
On 8/31/2016 at 8:36 AM, Torunder said:

why do they have that huge chance to fail ?

Because the Devs needs to make money from you. This is F2P, but they totally took CN's P2W game settings and applied it to NA/EU.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JatoJato   
9 hours ago, Erza Scarlet said:

I think you misread my post. What I meant was: it SHOULD be 85-90% successrate not that I have it or I do be rich XD

Ah sry - yes i misread that. And yeah 90% success would be ok.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JatoJato   
1 hour ago, XxXxXxXxXxXxX said:

I'm perfectly okay with %50 percent but as it is now it's just disgusting.

At the moment the rate is rumored to be at 30% so in fact the change would be not that different as long as you are not sure to get 1 after 1 fail.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, JatoJato said:

At the moment the rate is rumored to be at 30% so in fact the change would be not that different as long as you are not sure to get 1 after 1 fail.

13 tries 13 fails. If it were %50 im pretty sure i had 6 stones now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, XxXxXxXxXxXxX said:

13 tries 13 fails. If it were %50 im pretty sure i had 6 stones now.

or still 13 fails, its all about rng and it wont stack. so every time you still have the same change to fail.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JatoJato   
9 hours ago, Alysha Hawkeye said:

I rather spend 3 times the materials to get a 100% successful rate...

I think nearly everyone would prefer this. But RainbowDashie is quiete right - if the rng would not be independend the chance would be higher.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ellsinth   
On 8/31/2016 at 8:14 AM, Cor said:

People nowadays are so pathetic, never heard people cry that much in past games like for example lineage2 where the weapon craft could fail and all mats just disappeared or it had a chance to be destroyed when enchanting it.

I used to play Atlantica Online.

 

Let's say you had a Wood Axe(placeholder name). To upgrade that to a Wood Axe +1 you could sacrifice a second Wood Axe and some enhancement stones. The second weapon and the stones would be consumed and you had a high chance for it to go to +1 that would decrease for every extra rank you put into it as well as the level of the weapon(Level 10 weapon chances weren't too low, but level 110 weapon chances were super low). To upgrade it to +2, you would need two +1 Wood Axes and more enhancement stones. Failing an enhancement would not break your weapon, but it could get costly when you have weapons that drop rarely. A good example was the Officer's Shotgun which dropped rarely off of mobs that you could only kill in the Nation dungeon that could only be accessed by having your Nation leader use a key that only came from having one of their guilds own a certain town(pretty sure they'd get a certain limited number each week) or by buying it from the people who do own that town(if they chose to sell them).

 

The other option was to visit the NPC Vulcan who would enhance your weapon for just enhancement stones, but had a fair chance to destroy the weapon and was known for horrible breaking streaks.

 

Then you have to realize that a +10 level 10 weapon only really lasted you until level 40 or so. That meant that even after all that effort/RNG it took to get to +10, you would have to eventually discard that weapon and go through the process all over again at a higher failure rate. Most people didn't even bother past +6 until they hit end game weapons, which would then cost an arm and a leg to try to get to a respectable enhancement level.

Edited by Ellsinth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JatoJato   
15 minutes ago, Ellsinth said:

I used to play Atlantica Online.

 

Let's say you had a Wood Axe(placeholder name). To upgrade that to a Wood Axe +1 you could sacrifice a second Wood Axe and some enhancement stones. The second weapon and the stones would be consumed and you had a high chance for it to go to +1 that would decrease for every extra rank you put into it as well as the level of the weapon(Level 10 weapon chances weren't too low, but level 110 weapon chances were super low). To upgrade it to +2, you would need two +1 Wood Axes and more enhancement stones. Failing an enhancement would not break your weapon, but it could get costly when you have weapons that drop rarely. A good example was the Officer's Shotgun which dropped rarely off of mobs that you could only kill in the Nation dungeon that could only be accessed by having your Nation leader use a key that only came from having one of their guilds own a certain town(pretty sure they'd get a certain limited number each week) or by buying it from the people who do own that town(if they chose to sell them).

 

The other option was to visit the NPC Vulcan who would enhance your weapon for just enhancement stones, but had a fair chance to destroy the weapon and was known for horrible breaking streaks.

 

Then you have to realize that a +10 level 10 weapon only really lasted you until level 40 or so. That meant that even after all that effort/RNG it took to get to +10, you would have to eventually discard that weapon and go through the process all over again at a higher failure rate. Most people didn't even bother past +6 until they hit end game weapons, which would then cost an arm and a leg to try to get to a respectable enhancement level.

So you basically are saying other games do other stuff (mb the same way it is here). But what you forget are the 2 most crucical parts.

 

First we are playing bns so we are concerned about bns not some other game that does similar things which does not mean that they are good.

 

Second other game means other environment too. For example BnS commuinity is driven strongly by a kind of madness concerning AP - this of course might be partly resonable because for example there is no way to evaluate the skill-level and the experience of a single player besides AP and sometimes an achievment (but this is another story) - so in other games the community might think differently about those things which would it make possible to relinquish  the upping of a weapon withouth having trouble to play in peace...

Edited by JatoJato

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ellsinth   
2 hours ago, JatoJato said:

So you basically are saying other games do other stuff (mb the same way it is here). But what you forget are the 2 most crucical parts.

 

First we are playing bns so we are concerned about bns not some other game that does similar things which does not mean that they are good.

 

Second other game means other environment too. For example BnS commuinity is driven strongly by a kind of madness concerning AP - this of course might be partly resonable because for example there is no way to evaluate the skill-level and the experience of a single player besides AP and sometimes an achievment (but this is another story) - so in other games the community might think differently about those things which would it make possible to relinquish  the upping of a weapon withouth having trouble to play in peace...

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing since I haven't even hit that level of content, yet(currently HM5 with awakened breeze). My point was that other games do it worse.

 

On another note... I forgot to mention the fact that in Atlantica Online, you need to gear up one main character as well as your 8 mercenaries. So yeah... we could definitely have had it much worse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Torunder   
12 hours ago, Ellsinth said:

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing since I haven't even hit that level of content, yet(currently HM5 with awakened breeze). My point was that other games do it worse.

 

On another note... I forgot to mention the fact that in Atlantica Online, you need to gear up one main character as well as your 8 mercenaries. So yeah... we could definitely have had it much worse.

we know this, but my guess and experience is that those kind of games that rely so much on rng dont have this much of playerbase and if the rng gets worse it tends to migrate to another game, while a fair rng makes the game exiting and atracts more players, Nobody stays in an easy game but nobody stays in a  super hard mode rng game either and thats what 70%  failure for premium stones is.

 

after all, i doubt anyone would like to stay on true scorpio forever cus their rng sucks

yes you can buy them, yes they are cheaper now, but the income isnt that big and the rng  (again) to get enough gold from chests is not rare, is a myth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now