Forums

i give up on this event !!

amrodark

4 hours ago, SilentOne said:

actually you don't even need a single win to get free 5ap topaz (or citrine? i totally forgot the name of the yellow gem -.-). Just for participe daily quest you get 60+ WWV tokens. And its imo the most important thing about this 'event'

I count 42 days in the event, August 24 through October 5.

The "play 3" daily gives you one chest on weekdays and weekends so that's 42 Battle Coins in total.

You need 50 for the Citrine so you will need to win at least 3 matches throughout the whole event (win 1 gets you 3 chests on the weekend).

If "play 3" gave 2 chests on the weekends instead you'd be correct that no wins are needed at all.

Note that players who AFK all their matches for this event won't be getting a Citrine that easily since they'd have to sit through hundreds of matches (about 30 battle points per loss for between 1 and 500 points scored) to ensure the last 24k battle points to cover the cost of the last 8 Battle Coins and I'm not gonna assume the teams unfortunate enough to get them are gonna put forth any effort into carrying an AFK since that only helps them need fewer losses regardless of the result.

If I'm correct, you get 3 chests/day x 4 weekdays + 4 chests/day x 3 days/weekend + 3 chests/week all times 6 weeks so the maximum possible Battle Coins just from chests is 162, enough to actually get 3 Citrines. You can get more Battle Coins for 3000 points from the Whirlwind Trader but if you're fortunate enough to win only one match daily throughout the whole event you won't really need to.

4 hours ago, KlausFlouride said:

FWIW IF you do nothing but AFK in WWV you will get ZERO battle points. I experimented with this today in teams where it was clear we didn't stand a chance (ie the opposing team got 500 points within 3-4 minutes and we had 10).

A little trivia: If a team unanimously decides to do nothing and doesn't even jump down from their spawn point throughout the entire match not only will it award the losers 0 battle points it will actually invalidate the other team's win (as in they get 0 as well) unless they changed that this patch. This happened to me during an experiment about 2 months ago.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Zuzu said:

And where in my post did I call the OP a whiner?

You clearly take everything in hostility if it's not in agreeance with your's or the person's opinion.

I am terribly sorry I thought you used the word complain in your earlier post but it appears I was wrong and for that I do apologize.  

32 runs so far, 27 wins, 5 loses. -  648 AP scummoner, and 2200 critdef. no legendary, no max upgraded accessories (I have 5 different ap gems though -peridot,ruby,sapphire,citrine,diamond- but they all r gained from f2p event, so u could also have them like many ppl in the game already.)
the thing u need is critdef.... that critdef makes a lot of a difference so focus on getting some.
(and btw, i engaged in pvp with the blade master you mentioned today ... even his p2w style doesn't help him get trough my defences with my critdef and heals, though I have to admit he has very bad soulshield for pvp, 47% critical rate with just 1k critdef is lame considering he is running around with legendary. so don't put so high that guy:), about the kfm, I haven't met him yet, but KFMs have strong defences anyway... agility-heroes )
my point is, get critdef, and u wont be rekt. ez
even if you can't kill any1, if u have defence u can be just pain in the a**, and keep interrupting them, or just engage them, lure them away, such.
btw, yes, this event is not really for beginner users, but the lil'bit more veteran ones

10 hours ago, amrodark said:

had 14 whirlewind valley matches and not a single win
11matches were with +700 ap 2k crit def and my team highest ap were 564 and highest crit def 356
they were waitin for us at the spawn point once we fly down we get insta deaths they were bullying us
3 matches with 640+ ap same crit def and us my team had 3 +450ap and 1 354 ap

so how does this matching system works " i rly wanna kno " cuz i just done with whirle valley and the bullyies who keep waitin for us after we jump down to kill us
i wanted to get my yellow gem from the event but i dont think i will ever get it i havent finished the weekly dailie quest only 1 win
we try hard but we get matched up with peeps with hm skills we cant offered yet
i mean from the start of this event till now only 1 win
i cant do much with this match making
at least match us with people with same\close to our ap or our skills not with ( Enoll Eu Bm high rank in pvp arena or radyez kfm Eu high rank pvper ) we cudnt do anything with these guyz they were killin us so hard i am just done unless they do something about it
gl to everyone doin that event

first of all, if you lose a few maches you keep trying, youll evetually get a team that will carry you, after all its random

second, crit def isnt the only thing you can fuse in, "poor ppl" can get eva or block or def, i once saw a kfm with so much eva that he alone hold a braser forever without dying, he didnt had to do much just hit the guys trying to get the braser

i have def and do kinda well, at least they take a while to kill me, why do i have def, cus i dont think crit def on non challeger soulshields is worth it

finally , is not always about ap, you can spec into CCing or grab / grip to help the ones that actually can damage kill the enemies, you wont get huge damage but youll be crucial disabling enemies

and the most important is strategy most pugs just throw themselves into battle 2 - 5 and the teammateis almost dead when they could be taking brasers, or going with the big group, i've even saw players standing right below the base so that "they can get faster into battle" which just gives them more points to the enemies

learn to play ppl, you will still die, everybody dies, but at least youll be helping on the win

646ap FM here, no crit def, 57k HP, no pet, HM10 with all HM skills except HM2 (which I dont need at all), I have in total over 60 wins out of 75 games played so far (15 wins, 3 losses since the changes were made) and I never ran with a premade group before the changes. I never spend any cash in this game. I dont know what your problem is but you guys think things will come to you without any efforts. Well.... they wount. You think by playing for a month or 2 will give you some kind of an advantage over the others? Your advantage is your playstyle. You cant expect to beat a person whos been playing since launch out of nowhere (even me as a veteran from china server gonna laugh at you).

Keep upgrading your stuff for almost free and enjoy the game!

1 hour ago, Torunder said:

first of all, if you lose a few maches you keep trying, youll evetually get a team that will carry you, after all its random

second, crit def isnt the only thing you can fuse in, "poor ppl" can get eva or block or def, i once saw a kfm with so much eva that he alone hold a braser forever without dying, he didnt had to do much just hit the guys trying to get the braser

i have def and do kinda well, at least they take a while to kill me, why do i have def, cus i dont think crit def on non challeger soulshields is worth it

finally , is not always about ap, you can spec into CCing or grab / grip to help the ones that actually can damage kill the enemies, you wont get huge damage but youll be crucial disabling enemies

and the most important is strategy most pugs just throw themselves into battle 2 - 5 and the teammateis almost dead when they could be taking brasers, or going with the big group, i've even saw players standing right below the base so that "they can get faster into battle" which just gives them more points to the enemies

learn to play ppl, you will still die, everybody dies, but at least youll be helping on the win

That evasion is part of the kfm resist iframes during dodges. You keep hitting them during it, they get 90 or 99% evasion for 6sec.

Sry to say this but both Events are P2W and RNG...

Trove:

Pay to get keys- pay to get slots..-. pay to get as much loot u want... aslong u pay...

Valley: Pay to Gear and Crit Def and Legendary ez win...

I am a 662 Ap F2P (play since Launch, whenever i fight 400-500 Ap ppl i feel sry... i kill them in 2-3 sec... like really... how is this balanced?

I made an ez 7 kill strike in few mins and they had a hard time killing me... and im just a single player and no whale and not even use crit def...

Now imagine 6 x 500 ap ppl or lower fighting ... 2 x 700+ ap 3 600+ and maybe 1 x 500+.... ez to see the outcome...

I saw so many sad partys of low Gear ppl just afk after 1 min ... coz they know its pointless and they only will get farmed...

While my Teammates made fun of them ... and talked about there gems and latest loot in treasure trove and what gems are best... like really?

Tottaly not p2w.... and not rng... lel.. right..... KAPPA...

U ether was with the Game right at start like me to barley keep up..... not really...

Or u no life or p2w else u done for in this Game... only truth sry i dont like those 2w ppl try convince a f2p this game and its events are not p2w...

The citrine gem is only there to lure ppl into this 6vs6 nonsense so p2w ppl have someone to kill that is all

16 minutes ago, StellaNoxFleuret said:

The citrine gem is only there to lure ppl into this 6vs6 nonsense so p2w ppl have someone to kill that is all

I have the citrine from trove, actually the rng box and the costume (best lyn costum ever, both male and female versions) are that lure me there. also I really enjoy doing 6v6, many times after I finished my quests I go 2-3more runs just for fun.

18 hours ago, Zuzu said:

So because after playing for 8 months and having decent gear, I'm a wallet warrior. Alright.

I was simply asking the questions since it seems like most people that come on the forums to complain about 6v6 are generally people who just blindly head in and don't know anything about getting Crit defense or somewhat decent gear to survive but seems like you are quick to take questions hostile.

And it seems like you wait till I make a comment on any thread to try and shoot me down? Pot calling the kettle black it seems.

I will agree that yes the random team factor is annoying. I've had matches where my team would get completely stomped. But that could also be said for 3v3 when the season resets. All the good/bad players start out at 1300 Rating so if you go in randomly it's a 50/50 chance for you be paired up with 2 other people that could possibly stomp the other team or be bad.

Everyone seems to forget that the ranked system of 6v6 just started a few days ago so there'll be a 50/50 chance there as well until the majority of people who have crit defense/decently geared people will be in the higher elos while the rest are below. People have to give it time to actually balance out a bit rather than shooting the mode down when it's just the start.

I have to call bs on the idea that we get matched with op people because the season reset standings. 

Fought a gold guy, a day later I see him... Bronze. 

Had a match, all bronze opposing team... Guess what, 700+, high critical defense, hm11 on four of them...

Even I with my terrible pvp skills was silver and stayed silver from day one of event. 

I call pure BS on someone 700+ being bronze at this point. 

All I can conclude is that the golds got tired of having nobody to fight against and decided to lose matches to get to bronze. 

---

To op. Find a friend to queue up with. 700+ seem to often queue 2 and this stupid algorithm matches 2s with 2s more often than not. It will still be a crap shoot but slightly higher chance. 

This whole event, only had a close match once. Most of the time it was 3 op people on one side or the other at least wiping the floor running together. 

I hate pvp and hate this event, personally. 

I also hate that daily challenge is now go win pvp or run the latest dungeons. Not everyone is at mast level.

This quick release system is making stuff obsolete and pushing high requirements without proper time to gear up. 

Another set of soul shields and another skill tab is not my idea of fun. 

18 minutes ago, DeaHamlet said:

I have to call bs on the idea that we get matched with op people because the season reset standings. 

Had a match, all bronze opposing team... Guess what, 700+, high critical defense, hm11 on four of them...

Even I with my terrible pvp skills was silver and stayed silver from day one of event. 

All I can conclude is that the golds got tired of having nobody to fight against and decided to lose matches to get to bronze. 

---

To op. Find a friend to queue up with. 700+ seem to often queue 2 and this stupid algorithm matches 2s with 2s more often than not. It will still be a crap shoot but slightly higher chance. 

This whole event, only had a close match once. Most of the time it was 3 op people on one side or the other at least wiping the floor running together. 

I hate pvp and hate this event, personally. 

I also hate that daily challenge is now go win pvp or run the latest dungeons. Not everyone is at mast level.

This quick release system is making stuff obsolete and pushing high requirements without proper time to gear up. 

Another set of soul shields and another skill tab is not my idea of fun. 

They do, they derank but mostly because those are the ones that can't actually pvp. They have to face roll everyone other wise they die so they can't fight fellow golds. Derank to bronze and the chance of fighting HM5 with 500 AP and no crit def who are doing it just for the event is a hell of a lot higher. derank = easy wins.

On 28.8.2016 at 7:09 PM, 810458_1452549856 said:

This event isn't for anyone but the p2w players. Sending unsuspecting players into get slaughtered by p2w'ers, to make them(p2w'ers) feel like they got their moneys worth. You know, so they'll spend more money.

that actually makes sense lol

I dont know why you always say ist for p2w players. I fight 500 ap people there and I get 500 ap people in my groups. Never had a fight where we lost because of ap or the gear. Today we had to fight 4 sins in a round. ist impossible to win this bullshit. But that has nothing to do with p2w.

Some people even say they hate pvp. Reading that I already know that these people would also lose with 700 ap against a good pvp player with 500 ap. Participate in the event or not but stop that p2w nonsense. Battleground is not balanced but not only because of gear.

I am enjoying the event and I have lost far more than I have won.  It is just how it goes sometimes being matched with random players.  The gem seems to have brought many legendary weapon players to the battleground. I would always play WWV for daily challenge days, until the queues got over 45 minutes then I stopped.  There would only be a few players with legendary here and there but the majority was 500-600 AP.  It feels matches are more lopsided now, but hopefully it even out more over time as they rank up. I had a match where we got a score of 0 and everyone was really trying and not afk. At the end I received 1 battle point.

I am not sure about everyone else but I have been getting whirlwind valley tokens and bravery pretty often from rewards.  If the current rate keeps up, then I will be able to get a couple HM skills by the end of the event.  Add in a gem, random moonstones, stingers or soulstones and a couple costumes make the rewards for this event well worth it to me.

8 hours ago, StellaNoxFleuret said:

Sry to say this but both Events are P2W and RNG...

Trove:

Pay to get keys- pay to get slots..-. pay to get as much loot u want... aslong u pay...

Valley: Pay to Gear and Crit Def and Legendary ez win...

I'd disagree with Whirlwind being a pay-to-win event, below are the stats I run when I play matches along with my current soulshield and resultant ranking. All I have is a clan to run dungeons with for a gold income (so about 30G per day) to put into crafting the Artisanal Reflex primers needed to fuse into what is really just a starter PvP set.

If anything, players in Soul Wardens have the biggest advantage for this event since they can crank out primers on demand.

I was actually at 11th place in class last night but fell a couple spots due to matches that take place when I'm not on. I don't really go for kills in Whirlwind, my focus tends to be on capture and enemy distraction. This helps a great deal when I have opponents that have skills that deal 16k+ damage to me even with this amount of Crit Defense. The more time the enemy spends hunting me = the more time my teammates have to capture and rank up points from braziers. I think I can safely say I'm the weakest geared Destroyer in the top 30 and still managed to get to this point. I spend no money on this game and all but about 3 of the players above me are in Legendary 5-6.

All I needed was time and some guidance. I'll probably need to step up my game to maintain this rank but if I could get into that gold rank I can surely keep it.

Stats_and_Rank.png

U just stall time and get hard carried... stop this nonsense... if it comes down to fighting those whales toe to toe u would get rekt so dont sweet talk Dude ... makes me anyoed

The only Rank i slightly see as an acomplishment in this Game is 1vs1... however even that was fake most times duo to win trading rank means nothing in this 

They said they fight this fake win trade rank now but will se about that... in valley u get carried by whales thats all

8 hours ago, DeaHamlet said:

It is a fact that you do get matched up against people based on rank mostly. Everyone starts out at 1300 Rating at the beginning of a season. You have a high chance that you'll run into someone who his over the top overpowered but you also have a high chance of running into people that are undergeared. It is what it is until people to actually rank up.

It's not impossible for someone that's 700+ AP to be bronze, they either deranked or just haven't started doing Whirlwind Valley so their rank wasn't touched.

Deranking is something that much can be done about so you just have to live with it for the time being.

All in all, it's a 50/50 chance still to either get undergeared people or overgeared people. Only the people who care about ranking up higher won't derank down from Gold but for the people who just want to get their dailies done, they'll stay between Bronze/Silver(Me being one of those people since I don't bother with rankings).

3 hours ago, Zedonia said:

I dont know why you always say ist for p2w players. I fight 500 ap people there and I get 500 ap people in my groups. Never had a fight where we lost because of ap or the gear. Today we had to fight 4 sins in a round. ist impossible to win this bullshit. But that has nothing to do with p2w.

Today we had as opponent WL with 700+ AP and legendary6 wep, he just 1-2 shooted us. You have right,this is not only for p2w, but the match is not in your hands. Sub 600AP players are like NPCs there for 700Ap "big guys".

Whirlwind is part gear, part strategy. Even if most of your team is in Legendary with a lot of Crit Defense they can still lose if they don't know what they're doing. Likewise if I'm trying to adhere to a role for my team and they can't do what I need them to do (whether it be the wrong idea or flat out giving up), then it's a waste of time to distract/tank my opponents.

Playing decoy or tactical sacrifice is not the same as being carried, it doesn't matter whether I have to go for the kill myself or maintain a grab so a teammate can go to town with his damage-on-restraint skill. It also doesn't matter how strong you are 1v1 for a team based match, if you roam alone you risk getting eaten alive even if you have ideal stats.

Sometimes I need people to keep opponents near a brazier busy so I can capture, and sometimes it's the other way around. It's simply a matter of making the best of what you have. It's more annoying to hold off certain classes more than others (for example, Summoners have the cat as a backup and can seemingly perpetually stealth escape, Warlocks have a near endless restrain chain as well as their Thrall, Force Master can freeze you and move on to other players) but it's possible if you know what that class is capable of.

I've played matches where the other team had what looked like stronger players at a glance and they still lost because my team simply knew what they had to do. I've even had a match where if my gold-ranked, Legendary-wielding Assassin teammate (the perfect class for Whirlwind in my opinion) didn't rage-quit the match over what was really just a rocky start, we could have won. The hardest matches to win are when players on your team have already given up.

I am by no means a sage at this battleground, I have my fair share of losses 60-70 matches I've played since the update. Those losses are what gave me the knowledge above.

In short: the biggest weapon you have in Whirlwind is your brain.

Everyone seems to be forgetting that the objective in Whirlwind Valley is TO CAPTURE AND SURVIVE! KILLING IS JUST A BONUS!

I have 667 AP, but that's rendered moot because my frame rate is 5-15 so my offensive output is relatively low unless the target is alone. I have 62k HP with 0 crit defense as a Sin, so if I am caught, I am dead.

So what am I supposed to do? I learn to adapt and survive. I've accepted that I cannot play an offensive role, so I've relegated myself to a supportive and disruptive role. I have stealth to sneak capture braziers, and I have a bunch of CCs and one inescapable grab to keep people locked down. And if I'm getting gunned down I tactically retreat, better to live another day than my enemies profiting off my corpse, or better yet play mouse and get chased by the idiot cats who left their braziers unguarded.

With all due respect... ncsoft - you can shove this event up your bum and twerk till its over. this game mode  is pure feces since the beggining and forcing it onto ppl like that is just not cool. 

Archived