Summoners nerfed again! Patch notes here.

SuMMasteR

Literally the only things that separate good summoners and bad summoners:

1) Dandelion usage

Good summoners can predict exactly when you'll try to hit them and use their dandelion at that time. If you're melee this makes life hell because your only option is to not hit them unless you have a ranged guard break off CD. This is also part of why BM was absolutely steamrolled by summoner and only got marginally better recently, because BM was the only class with no ranged guard break. And if they know you have it off CD they're going to either petalstorm or use the iframe dandelion. For some reason most lower rated summoners don't even know that they have dandelion skill and so you can land anything you want on them.

2) Hiding behind the cat. 

Yeah for some reason none of the lower rated summoners have realized how ridiculously hard to deal with this is in a game with camera based targeting. Add to that point #1, a lot of summoners will hide behind their cat and then when you walk to the side and finally get their target (actually they just let you get their target by purposely standing still) they have you hit into their dandelion.

3) Threatening the opponent with grapple

Every player knows that the first rule of fighting summoner is, "if you use your escape on anything other than the grapple you're going to get  fked." This means that summoner can spam any CC they want and then spam bees during it. Bees was ALWAYS better than sunflower. The opponent knows that they can't tab so they literally have to eat all the damage. By the time you run out of CC and actually do grapple, you don't even care if they tab out because you got like 80% of their HP already.

4) Protecting your cat

Pretty straightforward. Don't let the cat die. Know when to heal it and when to tank it.

Basically given these things about how summoner is supposed to be played, it's fairly obvious that no decent summoner would ever call this patch a nerf. Now there's even a huge healing boost which makes it way harder to even screw up.

• 1 month later...

Summoner

• Awakened Skills
    • Awakened Rosethorn (LMB) is no longer available and has been replaced by Awakened Rumblebees and Awakened Sunflower (RMB).
  • Rosethorn (LMB)
    • Rosethorn (Tier 4 Stage 1) now allows the next Rumblebees to be cast instantly on a successful hit instead of requiring a critical hit.
    • Rosethorn (Tier 5 Stage 1) now allows the next Rumblebees to be cast instantly on use instead of requiring a critical hit.
  • Rumblebees / Sunflower (RMB)
    • Rumblebees (Stage 3) now deals decreased damage.
    • Sunflower / Super Sunflower (Stage 4) now deals decreased damage.
  • Petal Storm (3)
    • Petal Storm (Tier 3 Stage 2) now grants additional damage to Awakened Rumblebees (RMB) for 3 seconds upon a successful hit.
    • Petal Storm (Tier 3 Stage 2) now grants less additional damage to Rumblebees (Stage 3) upon a successful hit.
  • Seed Shroud (4)
    • Seed Shroud (Tier 5 Stage 1) now grants additional damage to Awakened Rumblebees (RMB) for 3 seconds upon a successful Counter.
    • Seed Shroud (Tier 5 Stage 1) now grants less additional damage to Rumblebees (Stage 3) upon a successful counter.

New patch! Again Nerf For Summoner!..

Why am I attending the events? Why am I wandering around dungeons? Why I'm trying to complete tasks? Why i spend money to the game? Why i spend labur? Why am I wasting my time?

For they weaken us?.. Congratulations, BNS developers.

37 minutes ago, Symex said:

Imo we needed a nerf.  Sum is like first or second best class in pve atm.

We have everything in our kite exept a dmg buff. And we are top dps in most pug runs without putting in any effort.

That's not even remotely true unless you are playing with teammates with 400+ ping and terrible rotation.

6 minutes ago, Skynemis953 said:

That's not even remotely true unless you are playing with teammates with 400+ ping and terrible rotation.

I was talking about rnd f8 groups.. But even in premate groups sum can be top dps with bees

1 hour ago, Symex said:

I was talking about rnd f8 groups.. But even in premate groups sum can be top dps with bees

It depends on how much you proc the HM seed shroud ability. But if your party members are doing decent rotations and have similar AP you shouldn't be top DPS, except for having BD and Des who grab boss for you.

11 minutes ago, Skynemis953 said:

It depends on how much you proc the HM seed shroud ability. But if your party members are doing decent rotations and have similar AP you shouldn't be top DPS.

With top dps i meant good dps ... not highest dps

28 minutes ago, SuMMasteR said:

G3V5Jr.png

Look Nerfed Sum's dps! Last boss nexus. Max dmg 26k but avarage dmg very low! 
Not coming crit on super sun : %65 crit rate.. BM must be nerf. Not sum. BM's role = A tank char. Numbers do not lie.

I highly doubt that the nerf is the reason your dps is so low. U must either have really really bad ping or u dont know your rotations well enough.

Like Symex said, the shown numbers dont have much to do with the class dps. One of the sums (I dont know the 4th char) might have lured the missiles (what BMs never do) what causes dps loss on the boss. The 2nd sum was just not that good.

It's the same with other classes and in General in other games, too. There are too many "bad" players who think gear is everything and if they don't do good damage they think it's the class. Sum isn't weak. 12k dps on nexus last boss with that stats is not great but that's the players fault not the class'.

3 hours ago, SuMMasteR said:

G3V5Jr.png

Look Nerfed Sum's dps! Last boss nexus. Max dmg 26k but avarage dmg very low! 
Not coming crit on super sun : %65 crit rate.. BM must be nerf. Not sum. BM's role = A tank char. Numbers do not lie.

688 ap summoner with a 20% dmg buff on last boss and just 12k dps? what did he do? stand around 95% of the time?

Archived