Forums

Summoner: The End

RegalPaw

As I got my answer in Twitter,as many of you seen here,it leads me to the conclusion that further on our class will be disadvantaged dps wise.We all know what this mean at our actual gear.While CN summoners are frustrated by changes and on their gear the changes aren't still a major issue,keeping them in a decent spot, I personally doubt is the case for us.We will be chopped off every patch+ plus the ninja nerfs and "adjustments" even more.Let me think, I remind the WildStar screnario when the psi class was nerfed,and they chopped heals from it even more.There is in every mmorpg a class , let's say casuals,or not so hardcore that is there for a reason: they found a class that they can play without needed to be super pro's,and still enjoy the game along with their friends.When this middle class,which is also composed by girls,casuals,players that choosed the class because they liked it or they have other kind of problems or they be just lazy...will find the game getting them no satisfaction and fun as before,getting more stress from the co -players with time,will start to be a breach: with the eventual leaving of the mid casually players- some of others will leave also,because is a chain reaction- they have no friends to play with,game becomes boring etc.WildStar is an example by now.The Western mentality is not the same as CN or TW.Many ppls will leave , Western ppls does not rely so much on patience.If they feel frustrated or just bored,they will leave.

I am wondering when is the next server merge.Wondering why NCsoft does not learn from past mistakes and learn to keep their player base and adapt their strategies and marketing to the Western audience.

Will see what the future bring on.Yet, I see all over ,ppls unhappy with changes and I know one thing: an unhappy customer is an ex customer.Gl everyone.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Morgwais said:

lol Eu/NA scummoners complaining about DPS. 90% of you have no idea how to play your class + you never try to do some research. Since the start of the game i have met like , 5 ppl that know what they are doing , same with BDs. After all of changes i bet there are gona be a *cricket*ton of you still using sunflower , hilarious.

No, they'll be a lot of *cricketing* quitting, then you guys will whine about no one being in the damn game. 

Can't have your cake and eat it.

For other summoners, here's the thing: if you *really* pay attention to the notes, you'll see that the class is moving more into the role of a type of healer. Of course damage will be reduced then! Healers with too much damage are impossible to kill-I should know, I played one in a game where it took 7-12 to take my healer down. It just means changing your tactics and what to do.

Plus, there's a little secret about the new huzzah skill. I'll wait and see if you guys figure it out.

4 hours ago, Morgwais said:

lol Eu/NA scummoners complaining about DPS. 90% of you have no idea how to play your class + you never try to do some research. Since the start of the game i have met like , 5 ppl that know what they are doing , same with BDs. After all of changes i bet there are gona be a *cricket*ton of you still using sunflower , hilarious.

I also hate to break the bad news to you guys in other classes...but there's just as many people who don't *cricketing* know what to do with their classes too. 

However, continue with the summoner bashing because, as we say in the south, 'that dog don't hunt.'

the new healing skill is really OP. but I would not trade it for the loss in dps. right now, all is perfect, but with the August damage nerf, I'm going to be annoyed. to be as good as others, I would have to be overgeared.

11 minutes ago, Nattia said:

the new healing skill is really OP. but I would not trade it for the loss in dps. right now, all is perfect, but with the August damage nerf, I'm going to be annoyed. to be as good as others, I would have to be overgeared.

Point remains: when adding heals to toons, damage tends to get nerfed to keep balance. It wasn't like SM had the highest dps anyway...

I think folks are getting *cricketing* mad and not thinking things through.  

14 minutes ago, Scharnhorst said:

Point remains: when adding heals to toons, damage tends to get nerfed to keep balance. It wasn't like SM had the highest dps anyway...

I think folks are getting *cricketing* mad and not thinking things through.  

if someone wanted to be a healer from the start, he is going to be happy. but the majority of us love to be a good dps

Haven't geared a class to be changed so much -wasn't my intention to play a healer role with this character.If i would wanted a healer role I would go play some other MMOs with tirnity triangle (tank-healer-dps) .I play BnS because it doesn't really have this.I want to be able to rely on my character dps and make it viable for solo content further on,as well for next team contents that have to come.While now a lower geared FM have out dps some of summoner's and can farm boar with 550 AP in SSP while some 650 AP summoner doesn't get loot -I can tell this thing is already un balanced and is going to be even worse.Won't play the huzzah role-play it if you want to.No fun,no play,no pay.Cry later on while the game gets to be a ghost town ,just as WildStar.Nothing will keep players in if they won't find this fun.W e haven't asked for healer role.

3 minutes ago, Windy said:

Haven't geared a class to be changed so much -wasn't my intention to play a healer role with this character.If i would wanted a healer role I would go play some other MMOs with tirnity triangle (tank-healer-dps) .I play BnS because it doesn't really have this.I want to be able to rely on my character dps and make it viable for solo content further on,as well for next team contents that have to come.While now a lower geared FM have out dps some of summoner's and can farm boar with 550 AP in SSP while some 650 AP summoner doesn't get loot -I can tell this thing is already un balanced and is going to be even worse.Won't play the huzzah role-play it if you want to.No fun,no play,no pay.Cry later on while the game gets to be a ghost town ,just as WildStar.Nothing will keep players in if they won't find this fun.

Who says I'm crying? Just stating some facts. Doesn't matter to me one way or the other tbh since I can't change company decisions. 

On 27.8.2016 at 3:08 PM, RegalPaw said:

At least for me.

The first thing I liked about this game was the artistic aesthetics, from land to character. I tried all the different classes and ended up feeling the most comfortable with Summoner and Jin as my favorite race. After putting some time on a Lyn I just ended up falling in love witht he design and animations for them anyway. Not even 2 months later I get a curve ball, healing removed from the flower? I would have taken a damage hit across all the other skills than having that healing removed, that became 90% of the reson I loved that class, being able to help my allies.

This game is already starving from cooperative assistance from your team, you go in a dungeon like a bunch of robots and fight over gear with whoever has the most money and then you want to take away the only selfless ability in the game?

That drew the line for me, I don't know if anyone else cares but that was too big of a change in this games life, too suddenly, with no real replacement. If that ability was too strong in PvP (likely, since no one else can do anything near that) then just Nerf it to 1% instead of 100%, removing it completely from PvE just lost you a person who would spend hundreds on stupid stuff like cosmetics in short periods of time.

Ok - the point of your text ist that you want to have a heal. Hm... Ok i go to my twink (Sum), klick "k", scroll a bit down and there it is... "Y" (or on your keyboard mb z) - "Huzzah!" - the description says:  "Recovers 60% HP for 24sec on all other party members". 

I am not quite sure - but i think hp means Health Points and in this context "recover" means "heal" i guess... But yeah Sum has no heal any more...  I now can play for the sunflower combo instead of just pressing f for the heal... And at the same time heal my companions...

6 hours ago, JatoJato said:

Ok - the point of your text ist that you want to have a heal. Hm... Ok i go to my twink (Sum), klick "k", scroll a bit down and there it is... "Y" (or on your keyboard mb z) - "Huzzah!" - the description says:  "Recovers 60% HP for 24sec on all other party members". 

I am not quite sure - but i think hp means Health Points and in this context "recover" means "heal" i guess... But yeah Sum has no heal any more...  I now can play for the sunflower combo instead of just pressing f for the heal... And at the same time heal my companions...

The major heals added is why people, who never wanted them before, are no calling for sums to run dungeons. They love those party heals...

Ride the wave to get gear, soulstones or whatever while you can.  :)

On 8/27/2016 at 7:32 PM, Alysha Hawkeye said:

Ugh... you people who are all doom'n'gloom about Summoner's changes (not pun intended) should take deep breath in, read the patch notes carefully, then try out the changes in-game.

First, the heal from Doom'n'Gloom is nerfed by 50%, but this is not the end of the world. You can now heal 30% damage with Thorn Strike, which has a lot faster cooldown than Doom'n'Gloom if you go Sunflower build, and the skill also heal 5% HP for the whole party. You also have Huzzah! being able to change into a 10% self-heal, and 60% party-regen (cat included) over 24s, with a cooldown of 30s, thus the down time of this skill is only 6s. As long as you remember to press Z every 30s, your party is always at full health, even if they carelessly get hit here and there.

Some said about struggling in Mast to keep your HP up. Well, even if your Doom'n'Gloom retained its 100% effectiveness, you still struggle in that instance. Because the boss will keep buff your HP up, and your Doom'n'Gloom heal based on the damage you cause with it. Let say you can get a heal-over-time of 20-30k from your Doom, then it doesn't mean much when your HP is over 300k. Meanwhile, the new Z skill heals you instantly for 10%, which mean 30k at 300k HP. So, they're not that much different. If you still struggle with your HP in Mast, consider trying to block the boss' attack, using Enhanced Seed Shroud (it heals you per member protected), or True Friend - Heal.

About damage nerf on Sunflower, it already happens in our patch. However, bee's damage also get the same nerf.

Even with the nerf, Sunflower still proves superior in term of DPS over Rumblebee build. Improved Rosethorn, Focus-generation Flying Nettle, and Petal Storm Toss all helps Sunflower to spam freely, making its nerf on Overflow's focus cost ignorable. You can still spam like there are no tomorrow, as long as you don't just jump in and throw every F skills you have right off the bat. Learn to have a rotation, with Doom'n'Gloom and Flying Nettle being cast about 5-6s apart.

For Rumblebee, its strength lies in being able to do airborne combo, and can cast with very little need for Focus Management, as long as your critical rate is sufficient. However, it is still weak compared to Sunflower, even in against single target. It has more used in pvp, but not strong enough to replace Sunflower build in PvE, at least for now.

Cat no longer causes bleed with its auto-attack. But Thorn Strike can now cause Bleed instead, which will be able to stack bleed in Sunflower's build.

There are also plenty skill improvements for Summoner, such as C and Tab skills have become more responsive.

If you really want to know what a nerf should look like, take a look on your V skills. All of them have their damage reduced by 40%, for no reason and not mentioned in any patch note. Bomb Away! is now dealing laughable damage for a 36s cooldown skill. Luckily that V is mostly used as CC skills, so its damage nerf is not really noticeable.

You forgot to mention something aswel:

Sunflower decreases your thorn strike cooldown by 3s each time Super Sunflower hits, so basically the thorn strike heal can be cast much more often than you would originally think, and the 30% goes off of every single target hit by it, so if you cast it in a group of mobs....you basically heal 0-100% in no time.

Nice to see someone who knows actually what they talk about, instead of someone screaming "summoner nerf" and everyone else goes based on that without giving it a bit more thought.

Summoner isnt a brainless class now you need to have some understanding and creativity to play it decently.

15 minutes ago, azraelkun said:

Im so happy that noob class will be nerfed.

Im so tired seing them put immunity n sunflower ppl down.

That class is so easy mode n still they hit like like a truck wtf ncsoft was thinking when making sum .

No no NCsoft / Team Bloodlust can't nerf Summoner because BnS is stand for Blade and Summoner 

also I already saw many MMO that died because they nerf the casual class 

The most noob easy mode no skill class and btw its not cute nor preaty its just a rat eith a tail n cat is do ugly almost all costumes are ugly on them ..wtf do they like...oh yeah the easy mode no skill class.

I wont miss that class nor its usefull in pve.

Every class have some healing ability we dont need sum.

Everytime in gloom they messed up our run with shity cat during dark chi

You don't really lose that much in DPS honestly. I run around with 613AP on my Summoner and can almost keep up with my friends who are FMs with 650AP+ AND with their new HM toy, Multi Blaze. Just get HM left click and you're golden with the new Sunflower/Rumblebee changes.

12 minutes ago, azraelkun said:

The most noob easy mode no skill class and btw its not cute nor preaty its just a rat eith a tail n cat is do ugly almost all costumes are ugly on them ..wtf do they like...oh yeah the easy mode no skill class.

Or you could just get good and learn how to counter the class properly?

All i hear complaining are people who dont want to bring in the effort to learn tactitc that lets them beat a summoner. Summoner may be an easy class to play but beating one requires a brain and just just blind rush in and dps down. If you cant handle that difficulty grade then you are just a bad player overall.

32 minutes ago, azraelkun said:

And what do you play?

I can say the same thing about every other race.

Every class has healing abilities but that wont help them much in a pinch.

Everytime in a run where someone is inexperienced, they'll tend to mess it up.

21 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

All i hear complaining are people who dont want to bring in the effort to learn tactitc that lets them beat a summoner. Summoner may be an easy class to play but beating one requires a brain and just just blind rush in and dps down. If you cant handle that difficulty grade then you are just a bad player overall.

Dude for real can u even read?

Did i say anywere that i yes i have problem vs that noob class...no i dont say that....but ur a person that likes to jump n say git gud lmso.

Nvm what i say is what i see.

Sum are low tier ppl rolling thst class cause easy.

Plz next time read carefuly so u not spout  tard things.

28 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

Was plat sin n gold fm prev season fyi again nect time readdddd

22 minutes ago, Pepperino said:

And what do you play?

I can say the same thing about every other race.

Every class has healing abilities but that wont help them much in a pinch.

Everytime in a run where someone is inexperienced, they'll tend to mess it up.

I play sin in arena n fm in pve.

I also do pve with my sin but not everyday.my sin has smoke followed by my c n poison thats a lot of heal i can get heheh also my fm has tab my f n my veil why i need a sum .

I dont

1 hour ago, azraelkun said:

Im so happy that noob class will be nerfed.

Im so tired seing them put immunity n sunflower ppl down.

That class is so easy mode n still they hit like like a truck wtf ncsoft was thinking when making sum .

Oh I was so waiting for the trash summoner post. 

Since we want to talk about summoner messing things up. Let's discuss some other classes then.

FM: FM who either won't or don't know how to freeze when against major bosses. Noob move then gets parties killed.

DE: Who think they're tanks, can't hold aggro, which then drops the aggro onto FM or SM

BM: Who doesn't have or know how to use block on certain bosses or can't hold aggro...look above for results.

Sin: Hitting everything before people are ready due to noobness or impatient. Result? Party Wipe

BD: Think they're tanks a lot of times and try to tank only to die and have aggro land on the squishy classes. Result? Party wipe.

KFM: Same as BM and DE

SF: Haven't seen enough in parties.

SO, with THAT said, it shows that ALL classes can be run by noobs or general idiots and not just SM. 

As for sunflower, not like Assassin can't hit for several seconds while invisible, the KFM with their eternal grab, BD (who's really OP btw) with all their blocks and debuff removers. DE's spin to win and BM (pretty much same as BD). Any class can beat summoner-so learn your class and get good as you guys like to say.

Point remains, you don't hate the class due to that; you hate it because of looks and cat. Cat? Been nerfed. Looks? Not going anywhere. Noobs playing it? Will always have them no matter the class, thus, your argument is intellectually dishonest and borders on the absurd.

12 minutes ago, Scharnhorst said:

Oh I was so waiting for the trash summoner post. 

Since we want to talk about summoner messing things up. Let's discuss some other classes then.

FM: FM who either won't or don't know how to freeze when against major bosses. Noob move then gets parties killed.

DE: Who think they're tanks, can't hold aggro, which then drops the aggro onto FM or SM

BM: Who doesn't have or know how to use block on certain bosses or can't hold aggro...look above for results.

Sin: Hitting everything before people are ready due to noobness or impatient. Result? Party Wipe

BD: Think they're tanks a lot of times and try to tank only to die and have aggro land on the squishy classes. Result? Party wipe.

KFM: Same as BM and DE

SF: Haven't seen enough in parties.

SO, with THAT said, it shows that ALL classes can be run by noobs or general idiots and not just SM. 

As for sunflower, not like Assassin can't hit for several seconds while invisible, the KFM with their eternal grab, BD (who's really OP btw) with all their blocks and debuff removers. DE's spin to win and BM (pretty much same as BD). Any class can beat summoner-so learn your class and get good as you guys like to say.

Point remains, you don't hate the class due to that; you hate it because of looks and cat. Cat? Been nerfed. Looks? Not going anywhere. Noobs playing it? Will always have them no matter the class, thus, your argument is intellectually dishonest and borders on the absurd.

Whatever u say this class is ugly cat is ugly sunflower n bees also need nerf xdddd

29 minutes ago, CJade said:

There's always that one person coming to a Summoner thread and bashing on that class lol

U know why?

Its because this class can make a bronze worth skill player to get to gold.

Thats why.

Btw dont start with learning curve etc.

Cause a bad player can get to gold while other classes trully fight their way to gold or plat.

Summoner isnt a respected class we all know it pvp wise 

25 minutes ago, azraelkun said:

U know why?

Its because this class can make a bronze worth skill player to get to gold.

Thats why.

Btw dont start with learning curve etc.

Cause a bad player can get to gold while other classes trully fight their way to gold or plat.

Summoner isnt a respected class we all know it pvp wise 

If a bad player can make it to gold without problems that just means everyone else he fights are even worse than him just FYI

Apart from that getting to gold is easy on every single class, its platinum and diamond rank which shows real skill. Gold rank means nearly nothing.

Archived