Sign in to follow this  
RegalPaw

Summoner: The End

Recommended Posts

RegalPaw   

At least for me.

 

The first thing I liked about this game was the artistic aesthetics, from land to character. I tried all the different classes and ended up feeling the most comfortable with Summoner and Jin as my favorite race. After putting some time on a Lyn I just ended up falling in love witht he design and animations for them anyway. Not even 2 months later I get a curve ball, healing removed from the flower? I would have taken a damage hit across all the other skills than having that healing removed, that became 90% of the reson I loved that class, being able to help my allies.

 

This game is already starving from cooperative assistance from your team, you go in a dungeon like a bunch of robots and fight over gear with whoever has the most money and then you want to take away the only selfless ability in the game?

 

That drew the line for me, I don't know if anyone else cares but that was too big of a change in this games life, too suddenly, with no real replacement. If that ability was too strong in PvP (likely, since no one else can do anything near that) then just Nerf it to 1% instead of 100%, removing it completely from PvE just lost you a person who would spend hundreds on stupid stuff like cosmetics in short periods of time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess you did not read your skill changes properly. Check out Huzzaa's new path. It heals you a bit and it heals party members 60% over 20 seconds while the cooldown of the skill is only 30 seconds. Seems pretty op for me in the manner of being helpful to your team. In my opinion it is better than the Bloom 'n' Doom's heal used to be or at least I'm enjoying the effects of that skill keeping my party members nearly at 100 % at all times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NightFer   

Yeah, seems you didnt read the new skills at all. Removing the bad heal and giving an OP heal is.... bad.... I guess...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nattia   

I like the current changes, but I know it might be game breaking for me when we get the sunflower nerf :( 

Edited by Nattia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Nattia said:

I like the current changes, but I know it might be game breaking for me when we get the sunflower nerf :( 

Didn't we already get the sunflower nerf or is there coming another?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nattia   
13 minutes ago, Lunakitty said:

Didn't we already get the sunflower nerf or is there coming another?

another is coming, damage lowered. now it's just focus nerf.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Nattia said:

another is coming, damage lowered. now it's just focus nerf.

Oh god. Are summoners then supposed to be just pretty or are they trying to force people to go bees?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Lunakitty said:

Oh god. Are summoners then supposed to be just pretty or are they trying to force people to go bees?

no,they trying to force ppl to go delete their Sum class. cuz next path sunflower and Bee's damage are decreased

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I knew it! I knew they gonna nerf it, because now a summoner DPS build and assume the boss doesn't move a lot, summoner can deal DPS almost the same as FM without HM skills (multi blaze etc)

Summoner heal is heavily benefited the cat & party member BUT not the summoner itself

I ran shattered masts and my party member can skip the stay at dry place mech because my heal is OP and... because people burn the boss way too fast, the Boss skip the skills that nullify water stack and  I struggling to kept my health up

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NightFer   
13 minutes ago, RoyalMiku said:

I knew it! I knew they gonna nerf it, because now a summoner DPS build and assume the boss doesn't move a lot, summoner can deal DPS almost the same as FM without HM skills (multi blaze etc)

Summoner heal is heavily benefited the cat & party member BUT not the summoner itself

I ran shattered masts and my party member can skip the stay at dry place mech because my heal is OP and... because people burn the boss way too fast, the Boss skip the skills that nullify water stack and  I struggling to kept my health up

 

Summoners dmg with bees is a lot better than sunflower but ofc EU/NA doesnt know what to do :D The new heal is for the entire party and heals 60% of the max HP which is pretty much OP and you can spam that all day long. I dont know what are you summoners ranting about a useless skill like sunflower...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, NightFer said:

Summoners dmg with bees is a lot better than sunflower but ofc EU/NA doesnt know what to do :D The new heal is for the entire party and heals 60% of the max HP which is pretty much OP and you can spam that all day long. I dont know what are you summoners ranting about a useless skill like sunflower...

For now bees aren't good for my rotation. I do 2k less DPS with bees than with sunflower but might be that I'm not used to them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, NightFer said:

Summoners dmg with bees is a lot better than sunflower but ofc EU/NA doesnt know what to do :D The new heal is for the entire party and heals 60% of the max HP which is pretty much OP and you can spam that all day long. I dont know what are you summoners ranting about a useless skill like sunflower...

Thanks to fact that you pulled from your *cricket*  , the new summoner Z heal the summoner only 10% and 60% for 24 sec all other party members I just checked & tested it and if you saw summoner can recover a lot health probably they spec their X to heal instead resist 5 damage

and if you see above post , they gonna nerf both sunflower & bees

1 hour ago, achimo1390 said:

no,they trying to force ppl to go delete their Sum class. cuz next path sunflower and Bee's damage are decreased

 

sauce please? :3

Edited by RoyalMiku

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ugh... you people who are all doom'n'gloom about Summoner's changes (not pun intended) should take deep breath in, read the patch notes carefully, then try out the changes in-game.

 

First, the heal from Doom'n'Gloom is nerfed by 50%, but this is not the end of the world. You can now heal 30% damage with Thorn Strike, which has a lot faster cooldown than Doom'n'Gloom if you go Sunflower build, and the skill also heal 5% HP for the whole party. You also have Huzzah! being able to change into a 10% self-heal, and 60% party-regen (cat included) over 24s, with a cooldown of 30s, thus the down time of this skill is only 6s. As long as you remember to press Z every 30s, your party is always at full health, even if they carelessly get hit here and there.

 

Some said about struggling in Mast to keep your HP up. Well, even if your Doom'n'Gloom retained its 100% effectiveness, you still struggle in that instance. Because the boss will keep buff your HP up, and your Doom'n'Gloom heal based on the damage you cause with it. Let say you can get a heal-over-time of 20-30k from your Doom, then it doesn't mean much when your HP is over 300k. Meanwhile, the new Z skill heals you instantly for 10%, which mean 30k at 300k HP. So, they're not that much different. If you still struggle with your HP in Mast, consider trying to block the boss' attack, using Enhanced Seed Shroud (it heals you per member protected), or True Friend - Heal.

 

About damage nerf on Sunflower, it already happens in our patch. However, bee's damage also get the same nerf.

 

Even with the nerf, Sunflower still proves superior in term of DPS over Rumblebee build. Improved Rosethorn, Focus-generation Flying Nettle, and Petal Storm Toss all helps Sunflower to spam freely, making its nerf on Overflow's focus cost ignorable. You can still spam like there are no tomorrow, as long as you don't just jump in and throw every F skills you have right off the bat. Learn to have a rotation, with Doom'n'Gloom and Flying Nettle being cast about 5-6s apart.

 

For Rumblebee, its strength lies in being able to do airborne combo, and can cast with very little need for Focus Management, as long as your critical rate is sufficient. However, it is still weak compared to Sunflower, even in against single target. It has more used in pvp, but not strong enough to replace Sunflower build in PvE, at least for now.

 

Cat no longer causes bleed with its auto-attack. But Thorn Strike can now cause Bleed instead, which will be able to stack bleed in Sunflower's build.

 

There are also plenty skill improvements for Summoner, such as C and Tab skills have become more responsive.

 

If you really want to know what a nerf should look like, take a look on your V skills. All of them have their damage reduced by 40%, for no reason and not mentioned in any patch note. Bomb Away! is now dealing laughable damage for a 36s cooldown skill. Luckily that V is mostly used as CC skills, so its damage nerf is not really noticeable.

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by Alysha Hawkeye

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nattia   
1 hour ago, Alysha Hawkeye said:

Ugh... you people who are all doom'n'gloom about Summoner's changes (not pun intended) should take deep breath in, read the patch notes carefully, then try out the changes in-game.

 

First, the heal from Doom'n'Gloom is nerfed by 50%, but this is not the end of the world. You can now heal 30% damage with Thorn Strike, which has a lot faster cooldown than Doom'n'Gloom if you go Sunflower build, and the skill also heal 5% HP for the whole party. You also have Huzzah! being able to change into a 10% self-heal, and 60% party-regen (cat included) over 24s, with a cooldown of 30s, thus the down time of this skill is only 6s. As long as you remember to press Z every 30s, your party is always at full health, even if they carelessly get hit here and there.

 

Some said about struggling in Mast to keep your HP up. Well, even if your Doom'n'Gloom retained its 100% effectiveness, you still struggle in that instance. Because the boss will keep buff your HP up, and your Doom'n'Gloom heal based on the damage you cause with it. Let say you can get a heal-over-time of 20-30k from your Doom, then it doesn't mean much when your HP is over 300k. Meanwhile, the new Z skill heals you instantly for 10%, which mean 30k at 300k HP. So, they're not that much different. If you still struggle with your HP in Mast, consider trying to block the boss' attack, using Enhanced Seed Shroud (it heals you per member protected), or True Friend - Heal.

 

About damage nerf on Sunflower, it already happens in our patch. However, bee's damage also get the same nerf.

 

Even with the nerf, Sunflower still proves superior in term of DPS over Rumblebee build. Improved Rosethorn, Focus-generation Flying Nettle, and Petal Storm Toss all helps Sunflower to spam freely, making its nerf on Overflow's focus cost ignorable. You can still spam like there are no tomorrow, as long as you don't just jump in and throw every F skills you have right off the bat. Learn to have a rotation, with Doom'n'Gloom and Flying Nettle being cast about 5-6s apart.

 

For Rumblebee, its strength lies in being able to do airborne combo, and can cast with very little need for Focus Management, as long as your critical rate is sufficient. However, it is still weak compared to Sunflower, even in against single target. It has more used in pvp, but not strong enough to replace Sunflower build in PvE, at least for now.

 

Cat no longer causes bleed with its auto-attack. But Thorn Strike can now cause Bleed instead, which will be able to stack bleed in Sunflower's build.

 

There are also plenty skill improvements for Summoner, such as C and Tab skills have become more responsive.

 

If you really want to know what a nerf should look like, take a look on your V skills. All of them have their damage reduced by 40%, for no reason and not mentioned in any patch note. Bomb Away! is now dealing laughable damage for a 36s cooldown skill. Luckily that V is mostly used as CC skills, so its damage nerf is not really noticeable.

 

 

 

 

 

I've sent a question to twitter if the sunflower damage nerf is already in our version, but I can bet it isn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Nattia said:

I've sent a question to twitter if the sunflower damage nerf is already in our version, but I can bet it isn't.

I think the opposite:

 

Except that it doesn't include in the patch notes, like he said :P

Edited by Alysha Hawkeye

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nattia   
54 minutes ago, Alysha Hawkeye said:

I think the opposite:

 

Except that it doesn't include in the patch notes, like he said :P

he also said on twitter we only get the june/early july changes, but the nerf to damage is of august. so there are two misleading tweets.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nattia   

August nerf to Summoner's main damage skills is not in our build yet:

 

 

 

Edited by Nattia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Morgwais   

lol Eu/NA scummoners complaining about DPS. 90% of you have no idea how to play your class + you never try to do some research. Since the start of the game i have met like , 5 ppl that know what they are doing , same with BDs. After all of changes i bet there are gona be a *cricket*ton of you still using sunflower , hilarious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fortunately I didnt spend money this game ^^ So i will delete my characters without thinking.. Administrators/GMs can play this game in these conditions themselves. Balances are thoroughly broken in the game.

Edited by SuMMasteR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this