6v6 is NOT Pay2Win. PVE is. But NOT PVP.

CrimsonDuskEU

I like how ppl say p2w when it is pay to progress. Is doing more dps in a dungeon pay to win ? To me it is more like pay to carry. I admit that 6v6 is pay to win but its dimension in BnS is so small that it is not noticeable also pvp skill still matters in 6v6.

If you hate the pay to progress world then go pvp arena you can unlock skills through it (NcSoft was kind enough to reduce the costs for hm skills). If hm skills are a problem in pvp for you then learn to play around these skills.

If all fails and you are still not satisfied then deal with it. The company does what it wants and we can do nothing about it.

24 minutes ago, Lee Ryu said:

I like how ppl say p2w when it is pay to progress. Is doing more dps in a dungeon pay to win ? To me it is more like pay to carry. I admit that 6v6 is pay to win but its dimension in BnS is so small that it is not noticeable also pvp skill still matters in 6v6.

If you hate the pay to progress world then go pvp arena you can unlock skills through it (NcSoft was kind enough to reduce the costs for hm skills). If hm skills are a problem in pvp for you then learn to play around these skills.

If all fails and you are still not satisfied then deal with it. The company does what it wants and we can do nothing about it.

I want to see you goto ssp and try to get boar box with ppl there having 750+ap,then come and tell me its not p2w.Some win by getting the box,some get no credit at all.

That means with low ap you cant win anything,you cant get moonstones,you cant progress your gear.You lose big time.If you fail to see why some ppl complain,then i dont know what more to say.That is just a small example.

14 minutes ago, Katsapliakos said:

I want to see you goto ssp and try to get boar box with ppl there having 750+ap,then come and tell me its not p2w.Some win by getting the box,some get no credit at all.

That means with low ap you cant win anything,you cant get moonstones,you cant progress your gear.You lose big time.If you fail to see why some ppl complain,then i dont know what more to say.That is just a small example.

<-----get's credit on my 520 AP BM.

<----BM is on most populated server. (Mushin)

<----Does not see the issue at all.

People are good at pvp most of the time because of macros, really isn't much skill in those arena fights.  you get hit by a chain of combos all at once, inhumanly possible reaction times before you can escape.  This crimson guy might be legit, don't want to call out people without proof, but...for me...people that say "learn to play" as first reply to someone losing, is a troll that likes to cheat so they can have the high of acting superior...not accusing, just red flag for me, toxic is toxic on every level not just in one specific instance.

9 hours ago, Rhy said:

<-----get's credit on my 520 AP BM.

<----BM is on most populated server. (Mushin)

<----Does not see the issue at all.

Go level a new toon or ask a new Player at 400 ap tell me how they get boar BOX.If you fail to see ssp is a contested area and some ppl will win and others will lose then i dont know what to say to you.

When ppl stop thinking about themselves and think whats best for all Community then you are gonna see things from another perspective.My fm is also fine for every content with little over 650ap atm,but i dont like this shit p2w,couse it drives more and more ppl away from the game.Unless you wanna see only one Server left soon when they merge again couse all ppl will leave from p2w and shit rng.

You say 6v6 is not P2W. Show me a team of your average free players running around with 500-550AP going up against a team of wallet warriors and ending up victorious AND dealing good damage.

Also, whether you win or lose isn't depended on you alone.

How are the other party members' stats compared to the community? How skilled are they? How were the opposing teams like?

And as in stats, I'm not talking JUST about AP.

On 8/27/2016 at 0:15 PM, SayhaSeer said:

GEEZ, I see in Faction Chat P2W P2W P2W Discussions, Forums again P2W P2W P2W...
Pay 2 Win Means Being involved in able to purchase something that normal non-paying players would not have access to, and which gives paying players a tangible gameplay advantage.. Your Pay 2 win is more like paying 2 Progress faster..., Lets say A paying-player buys a legendary stage 10 Weapon, Which cannot be obtained in game YET, That would make him/her a Pay 2 WIN Player, because a Non-paying player, wouldn't have acess to it... When do people realize that, in their thickhead?

Because even a thickhead realizes that you have a subjective opinion on what the phrase "pay2win" means.

The phrase literally means that you're paying for an advantage to win at the game, but does not define the advantage. It doesn't have anything in the phrase about exclusive gear/items. That's a definition that you're attaching to it.

if I know of anyone who is F2P and had cough up with so call "whales," I would say it is a pay to progress.

Not saying that BnS is P2W for sure, but since I haven't seen any F2P player who has full decked out gears, I'm supporting P2W side.

For those who says L2P... well, yeah I suck at PVP. I'm 50/50 in arena. But, since I'm doing 50/50, I'm like right in the middle. which also means I could be an average. Now, considering that I'm average skilled, I ran into 3 under geared people in SSP (I was 530 ish AP and these people were in 450's) I killed them all on my own(btw they started the fight) because I was evading, blocking. resisting half of their attack. Did I win because I'm average and these people were below average? was this skill? No, it was my gears with ton of defensive stats that kept me alive which these people didn't have.

gear matters a lot more than you think to us average skilled players. I mean yeah, for you pro gamers 100~200 AP might be something you can over come with skill, but for most of us we're going to run in to same average skilled people. In my opinion, same average skilled people with same gear duking it out, I say luck plays 80% roll on who wins and loses. But if you factor in gear difference that luck % will drop. Bigger the gear gap, less the effect of luck. 

Now you pull all that on the WWV and guess what most people will say.

I'm sure they will say P2W.

Skill wont help u if u die in a aerial combo.

Cause no matter how good ur u will get hit once n..dead.

Tho im doing awesomly in 1v1 3v3 6v6 i cant overlook the fact that gear can carry u.

For example a 700ap sin can kill my fm in few sec with rb f

My 520 ap sin takes forever to kill wirh rb f lets say fm.

I run both sin n fm so i know been there.

Ppl fall like flys infront of legendary ppl.

Just my 2 cents from over 120 match in valley since event started.

On August 26, 2016 at 7:41 PM, DirectorTseng said:

Nice jump right to 'learn to play', there isn't much you can do if you're dead before you even target them. I watched two 700+ WL faceroll an entire PT today constantly, many were running high crit def shield.. granted they also some how managed to soul burn back to back..

With that kind of attitude, you're never going to get better in PvP. There is some truth to what the op said. Stop trying to use other people's gear to totally excuse your own shortcomings 

All I know is that for 6v6 you need those crit def stats and those sparring/challenger shield sets.  Right now I have none.  Also you need a pet.

So what did I do?  LOL. P2W.  I bought a pet.  Upgraded with the blue bought pets.

I don't have challenger/sparring soul shield.  I did infinity tower a few times.  Only got Naksun soul shields.  So what should I do?  Pay 2 win.  Buy infinity tower tickets so I can get the soul shields.  

Then I win!

6v6 has NEVER been p2w. as a 100% f2p player I use to love it. queuing in premades with ppl that I was confident actually know their class.

Now its 100% rng. they tossed out the skill-based function since too many ppl cried about not being good enough.

RIP 6v6. After daily event wait and see if anyone ever queues again.

So sick of 9/10 matches being myself and entire enemy team 2k+ crit def. my team-sub 500 ap with zero crit def.

the matchmaking system is trash. only good thing about the changes is you can just leave without rating affected.

so join pty->see trash->leave. repeat 100000x

Or you could not pay anything and just do tower dailies like everyone else?

ez.

transfer gold to buy a pet. ez

2 hours ago, dklm said:

All I know is that for 6v6 you need those crit def stats and those sparring/challenger shield sets.  Right now I have none.  Also you need a pet.

So what did I do?  LOL. P2W.  I bought a pet.  Upgraded with the blue bought pets.

I don't have challenger/sparring soul shield.  I did infinity tower a few times.  Only got Naksun soul shields.  So what should I do?  Pay 2 win.  Buy infinity tower tickets so I can get the soul shields.  

Then I win!

When u say average free player do u mean average free player then plays one day a week for one hour?

im 2.5k crit def over 700ap. never charged.

Im just not bad. i dont waste time farming bs.

On 8/29/2016 at 3:33 AM, Pepperino said:

You say 6v6 is not P2W. Show me a team of your average free players running around with 500-550AP going up against a team of wallet warriors and ending up victorious AND dealing good damage.

Also, whether you win or lose isn't depended on you alone.

How are the other party members' stats compared to the community? How skilled are they? How were the opposing teams like?

And as in stats, I'm not talking JUST about AP.

Archived