Summoner suck in Arena

Yubeiyagyuu

9 minutes ago, Trollington said:

If you would have listened to the casters you should know that Summoners have a winrate of 52% against SIN in Korea.
And this is considered one of their best matchups.

I am talking about the players if you didn't notice. If the match up is 52% then it supports my statement that it is only obvious the summoner player lost. The way the summoner played is to spam sunflower into every decoy and iframe and hope that he will get assassin out of stealth. It is very risky because if he fails, the assassin is in perma stealth the whole match. And that is exactly what happened so it is only natural that he lost right? Why is it that a player makes so many mistakes and lost people start blaming that it is because the class sucks in arena? How is that fair to the assassin player who obviously did very good and win the match?

If the assassin made a lot of mistake and cannot enter invisible most of the match and still wins, I would agree that summoner sucks in arena. But the fact is the summoner players chose a bad strategy and lost isn't it?

4 hours ago, SoulsHunter said:

I am talking about the players if you didn't notice. If the match up is 52% then it supports my statement that it is only obvious the summoner player lost. The way the summoner played is to spam sunflower into every decoy and iframe and hope that he will get assassin out of stealth. It is very risky because if he fails, the assassin is in perma stealth the whole match. And that is exactly what happened so it is only natural that he lost right? Why is it that a player makes so many mistakes and lost people start blaming that it is because the class sucks in arena? How is that fair to the assassin player who obviously did very good and win the match?

If the assassin made a lot of mistake and cannot enter invisible most of the match and still wins, I would agree that summoner sucks in arena. But the fact is the summoner players chose a bad strategy and lost isn't it?

imo for 1v1 arena summoners certainly do suck. Like for instance how many summoner do you even see in the top 50?

sure it's easy for them to get gold, but after that it's pretty much when other classes know how to easily kill them and have their hm skills to do them. Have you ever realized that the top summoners are hm10+ and no lower? Certainly you can spam sunflower to un stealth sin, but you get only 2-3 chances before your focus runs out and when that happens it's an easy kill for the sin because they know you can't hit anymore. Another thing is when a class CC's your cat the summoner is as good as dead unless have the use of shroud and if the class uses a quick aoe attack and you are not fast enough to press 4+f then you are dead.

Just how many summoners do you see in the top of korea rankings like top 10-20? I mean we have the same skills so what happened there?

sure the class can be annoying to deal with, but they're pretty vulnerable and you don't even need to have a lot of hm skills to kill them. Sure there are a lot of players who play summoner and the fact is not them being OP it's just that the class is so popular that people are just learning how to use it in pvp well. 

1 hour ago, Kisagii said:

imo for 1v1 arena summoners certainly do suck. Like for instance how many summoner do you even see in the top 50?

sure it's easy for them to get gold, but after that it's pretty much when other classes know how to easily kill them and have their hm skills to do them. Have you ever realized that the top summoners are hm10+ and no lower? Certainly you can spam sunflower to un stealth sin, but you get only 2-3 chances before your focus runs out and when that happens it's an easy kill for the sin because they know you can't hit anymore. Another thing is when a class CC's your cat the summoner is as good as dead unless have the use of shroud and if the class uses a quick aoe attack and you are not fast enough to press 4+f then you are dead.

Just how many summoners do you see in the top of korea rankings like top 10-20? I mean we have the same skills so what happened there?

sure the class can be annoying to deal with, but they're pretty vulnerable and you don't even need to have a lot of hm skills to kill them. Sure there are a lot of players who play summoner and the fact is not them being OP it's just that the class is so popular that people are just learning how to use it in pvp well. 

I have no idea why you quoted me, but since you did that I will have to reply XD.

For one thing, the recent worlds have our tatsuki-san representing summoner, but there is not a single warlock or kfm. But if you look at our top 50 no matter what region you look at, I am sure you will see lots of KFMs and WLs. And if you look at the WL and KFM subforum here what do you see, compared to this summoner subforum here. What does it mean? I don't want to say too much, in case some trolls come along and say I am bullying summoners players. Just food for thought.

14 hours ago, SoulsHunter said:

I have no idea why you quoted me, but since you did that I will have to reply XD.

For one thing, the recent worlds have our tatsuki-san representing summoner, but there is not a single warlock or kfm. But if you look at our top 50 no matter what region you look at, I am sure you will see lots of KFMs and WLs. And if you look at the WL and KFM subforum here what do you see, compared to this summoner subforum here. What does it mean? I don't want to say too much, in case some trolls come along and say I am bullying summoners players. Just food for thought.

There was a warlock.

• 1 month later...
On 11/17/2016 at 6:45 AM, Kisagii said:

As a summoner main, I'll just take one CC that actually works against skilled opponents.  Just one.  Most classes can walk through grasping roots or evade (SS) effect as if it wasn't even there, although HM unlock (T5/strangling roots) helps a little.  Cat knockdown-- oh the target hops up.  Cat pounce... oh look, target just pounced up, cat and I stunned.  Thorn strike... so hard to hit with that one second delay (although I heard that is going to go away).  Where's our continual stuns like sins and destroyers?  Where's our if-you-hit-me-you-get-slowed ice passive like our FM friends?  How's come our strangling roots doesn't work as well as our WL friend's chains?  No, summoner would be OP if they got some of their other classes' CC abilities, but I'll just take *one* reliable CC that can't be trivially broken or ignored so that at the minimum, it buys more healing time or cooldown recovery time.

That's why summoners have issues in arena, our CC is basically useless right now.  During the early days, when people didn't have as many unlocked HM escapes/skills, our grasping roots really did work as it should.  But now it is basically floor decoration.  Unlike other classes, we don't have rapid fire stuns that can come from a spin to win or spammable skills, all our CC have long cooldowns and have to be used effectively.  Throwing one CC into an evade or block and that's a serious error that can cost you the match since you won't get that skill for many seconds.  Opponents really don't even need to bother killing the cat anymore (although some classes like BM can 100->0 cat), there's many ways to put the cat aside.  And if the cat is not there, the fight is basically drawing out the summoner's petal storm, SS evade, and True Friend (X).  After that, summoner has no way of avoiding spin to win or aerials.  Other classes aren't as vulnerable because they have dashes or Q/E, and if their CC gets blocked they can throw another in a much shorter amount of time than a summoner can.

• 1 month later...

We are getting  the nurf  becouse everyone are complainig about us even if there is no reason for that(some of the people even complain about summoners becouse is popular), we are basically the worst in pvp now, we are getting to gold , then what?Ive tried many times to go higher but my max was 1670 then i get down to 1608 and i didnt try again, mostly becouse the HM skills of some classes. I wonder why no one is complainig about BD and Destro who are spinning 24/7, we are usefull in 3v3 , but in 1v1 we have to count mostly on luck (our oponent to make a mistake), as someone said we dont have useful CC, and we have 2 escapes wich are good and then that 1 wich most of the time is not a good idea unless you want a CC in the butt. 

1 hour ago, TheCarePanda said:

we dont have useful CC

Alright, not enough, just more than other class got attack skills. Please dude...

Maybe reroll to forcemaster? Try 1v1 with them then come back saying summ is the worst. Can't take such posts seriously, sorry.

Don't wanna be a meanie but i don't think that summoners are weak in pvp , especially when you can reach gold at lvl 32 without even having a clue how the skills work ( My case ^^^ ) Apart from that i think that the kit of scummies is pretty good for pvp and doesn't need any adjustment .

On 21.02.2017 г. at 10:07 PM, Elneth said:

Don't wanna be a meanie but i don't think that summoners are weak in pvp , especially when you can reach gold at lvl 32 without even having a clue how the skills work ( My case ^^^ ) Apart from that i think that the kit of scummies is pretty good for pvp and doesn't need any adjustment .

lvl 24 Assasin = gold thats what i have to say about that :D but i can agree on what you said 

• 1 month later...
On 20/02/2017 at 10:07 PM, Elneth said:

That does not mean much. With current matchmaking you get least 100 ranking bonus when you are under lvl50.

This means if you are at around 1600 ranking with your lvl32 character, you get matched against 1500 ( or worse) lvl50 players, and other 2x / 3x / 4x golds.

Once you zing 50, suddenly everyone you are matched against actually knows their stuff somewhat, and you plummet back in ranking after a big lose-streak.

Recently leveled two characters up, doing few matches everyday, got both into gold at 4x and then after hitting 50 things suddenly got tough.

Archived