Summoner suck in Arena

Yubeiyagyuu

i play Summoner a while now, and i thaught we get a bit more Balance in this game. Im a Arena Player and all skills, even the new bee skills, "the dot skill too"  make not enaugh dmg to kill an opponent. without cat we have no defense no possibilities to disturb an opponent. And when we get hit, we are dead in 3 hits sometimes. that is in my opponion no balance at all. BM resist all the time. warlock leans back, make 2 spells, dead. forcemaster the same. when i think about it.. the heal is pretty useless. 2 spells and im down anyway. i want more protection or more dmg for the summoner. in silverrankings its possible to beat other classes but not higher, they understand their chars and counter all, make a hit, dead. that whats happen, and when i want to attack back with the new upgraded bees. i need way to much time to  make an opponent down. I want a change, it dont must be overdone, nerf all other classes in dps or buff summoner pls. why do we got until today no change? the class is so weak, and even then we get every patch nerf nerf and nerv. 

i love ncsoft soo much, you guys hopefully know what i mean with it, you guys cant do anything coccect. writing what i would think about you guys would lead to 100 bans. but..i love you ncsoft and all the gm with it. i really really love you xDxD. forgot to write it  more i guess.

its not about sometimes its about, the class isnt playable at all. they to nothing to make it balanced.  you see ncsoft  make contest, crap that nobody wants to see, but the things that are important, they just ignore it. we play a bit funny guy  in the show on bns tv... all is good? people want to see the important  work not blablablabla and illusions all the time. but thats what they actually do. the class must be able to protect themselve from instant kills or macrospam attacks.

i ve never seen a vid from rank 1 so i cant say he use hacks or not. but i see his guild name, i dont think he use. the guidnamme nuck fcsoft is the best name i have ever seen xD. maybe hm skills are required to win in arena idk, i have the standard 2 not more and it sucks. hold gold isnt easy.

On 8/26/2016 at 2:19 PM, Yubeiyagyuu said:

i play Summoner a while now, and i thaught we get a bit more Balance in this game. Im a Arena Player and all skills, even the new bee skills, "the dot skill too"  make not enaugh dmg to kill an opponent. without cat we have no defense no possibilities to disturb an opponent. And when we get hit, we are dead in 3 hits sometimes. that is in my opponion no balance at all. BM resist all the time. warlock leans back, make 2 spells, dead. forcemaster the same. when i think about it.. the heal is pretty useless. 2 spells and im down anyway. i want more protection or more dmg for the summoner. in silverrankings its possible to beat other classes but not higher, they understand their chars and counter all, make a hit, dead. that whats happen, and when i want to attack back with the new upgraded bees. i need way to much time to  make an opponent down. I want a change, it dont must be overdone, nerf all other classes in dps or buff summoner pls. why do we got until today no change? the class is so weak, and even then we get every patch nerf nerf and nerv. 

i love ncsoft soo much, you guys hopefully know what i mean with it, you guys cant do anything coccect. writing what i would think about you guys would lead to 100 bans. but..i love you ncsoft and all the gm with it. i really really love you xDxD. forgot to write it  more i guess.

I'm far from the best SM at all, but I've been able to win battles with my cat being dead. Iframes done at the right time, and timing other skills, can help you survive without cat. Not that it's easy, nor are we really supposed to be without the cat, but it is possible.

On 8/26/2016 at 8:19 PM, Yubeiyagyuu said:

If you as summoner manage to let your cat die.....then you are just bad in my opinion.

I see a lot of summoners never crouching their cat, and as result -> dead kitty -> dead summoner.

I would suggest you watch some summoner pvp videos against other classes and maybe you will pick up a thing or two :)

Yes, summoners are so weak.  Even though they buffed the bees stage one to do more damage, I mean who has time to cc the opponent to get free focus casts.  Also who has time to cast petal storm throw so that bees stage 1 can do 150% more damage?  That's so strange.

3 hours ago, dklm said:

Yes, summoners are so weak.  Even though they buffed the bees stage one to do more damage, I mean who has time to cc the opponent to get free focus casts.  Also who has time to cast petal storm throw so that bees stage 1 can do 150% more damage?  That's so strange.

idk if this is sarcasm or....

Summoners are far from weak lol, if you want to win without CC'ing the oponent then lol GL.

If you use bees you need to use uppercut, long animation, airborne enemy that cant get out, free bees spam galore.

• 2 months later...
On 8/29/2016 at 1:58 AM, Grimoir said:

If you as summoner manage to let your cat die.....then you are just bad in my opinion.

I see a lot of summoners never crouching their cat, and as result -> dead kitty -> dead summoner.

I would suggest you watch some summoner pvp videos against other classes and maybe you will pick up a thing or two :)

Give me a break. KFMs and now Blademasters can 100 to 0 your cat without you being able to call it back or even heal it fast enough with Z. The only way you can save your cat is if you spec'd your thorn whip to cc. Thanks to all the nerfing, I find I can no longer instant win a fight even if by some miracle of God I manage to get the cat on top of them and they are out of their million escapes. We need to be able to 100 to 0 like the other classes can because they CAN instant win a fight if you make a single mistake. Make summoner great again!

Ok here is a tip as I who play as a summoner in 1v1 pvp. I used to rank pretty high as well, but not anymore.

If you face any melee class that wants to kill your cat first then simply taunt cat while attacking them. After 6secs when taunt is over and they are attacking then simply ss and taunt the cat again and continue attacking. If they still continue doing the same thing then ss again and use true friend and attack.

for a summoner it should be easier to go up only if you have all of your hm skills and probably around hm11. Learning different attack patterns will work as well so try asking people to spar with you.

Summoner is simply a weak class in 1v1 arena, but all you need to do is figure out ways to survive and kill your opponent. Try using bees stage 3 with rosethorn stage 1 t5. This will also help you out. For bees in pvp you have to rely on hitting the opponent while airborn. 

23 hours ago, SoulsHunter said:

You mean all this time you don't spec cc for thorn whip, in a pvp fight? Reviving old threads is not good, most of these posts are not relevant anymore.

I do and I do precisely to save the cat from people 100 to 0'ing it, but, if I could, I'd rather use VINE WHIP. It does massively damage and makes me feel like a pokemon. 

16 hours ago, Xiaoyen said:

I do and I do precisely to save the cat from people 100 to 0'ing it, but, if I could, I'd rather use VINE WHIP. It does massively damage and makes me feel like a pokemon. 

I would rather have skills from charmander or squirtle instead of Bulbasaur :/. Sadly we are just "plants user" :(

If you have full HM skills, practice a lot, becomes very skilled, know your class very well, and get matchups against players that are very very bad then you have a small small chance to make it to gold. If you made it to upper platinum or diamond in previous seasons back when we were balanced then you prob have what it takes to break into gold now.As a summoner thats about all you can aspire to right now. Its just too easy for other classes right now after all our nerfs. i'm convinced that the 2 summoners that made it into the top 50 are using scripts/exploits(both same guild and typically are not high on ranking). none will stream or show any vids. Its the sad truth. Try to enjoy other parts of the game like 6v6 and pve until we get buffed to be balanced against other classes. Surprised so many people recommend bees....since nerf it is very bad. All tiers very low dmg. Even if you get an arial at full focus and unleash max dps you may chip 10% of the enemies health away. Ultimately, lowest dps, lowest burst, lowest def=lowest chance to succeed.

"If you made it to upper platinum or diamond in previous seasons back when we were balanced then you prob have what it takes to break into gold now"

I REALLY LIKE THIS ........but still WHAT?? when were we balanced back in the time .... sum vs other classes ...i swear that i don't know .... hhmm i guess was lvl 45 cap ...hhmmm no sum was kinda OP back then ... before the "nerf" ...i think they where still OP .... after the nerf ... close to other classes... but lets see now we have also 6v6 ... i wonder which class is OP here ? maybe someone else wanna answer ...

1 hour ago, DoubleV said:

"If you made it to upper platinum or diamond in previous seasons back when we were balanced then you prob have what it takes to break into gold now"

I REALLY LIKE THIS ........but still WHAT?? when were we balanced back in the time .... sum vs other classes ...i swear that i don't know .... hhmm i guess was lvl 45 cap ...hhmmm no sum was kinda OP back then ... before the "nerf" ...i think they where still OP .... after the nerf ... close to other classes... but lets see now we have also 6v6 ... i wonder which class is OP here ? maybe someone else wanna answer ...

summoner is not op in 6-6 lol fight a bm who deals 10k hits on 2,5k critdeff ofc heal is a thing but u cant win with heal lol

Everyone in this thread is just plain wrong. OP is right in a sense that summoners are strong noob killers with low learning curve but when u hit high gold/plat to diamond. A lot of players know their characters well enough to kill a summoner. Summoners are weak in higher teirs where people are able to utilize all their skills efficiently. First off, the cat is basically useless as most of our CC is concentrated on the cat. The cat is considered a single entity and when stunned cannot perform moves which is pretty bad. Positioning of the cat is very important and knowing when to taunt in order to stop the cat from hitting into a counter is also very important. 

If you want proof just look at the world tournament happening. Sin vs SM and the summoner gets rekt because he simply does not have the damage output against sins. Sure we have heals but what good are heals when time is up and you didn't do any damage. There is not a single matchup that a summoner is good at but i can think of at least 4 matchups for the sin where the sin will dominate. Dont know why we will never get buffed. every other class got buffed but it seems like all we receive are nerfs. 

People are still stuck in the days where summoner was mad op at 45 cap but dont realize that they have been "nerfed" because of all these buffs to other classes. 

Has anyone considered that maybe all these summoners with "low learning curve" and "easy noob pwning ability", that this very thing is in fact what makes them suck at higher tier pvp? Perhaps this crutch throughout pvp doesn't prepare you for higher lvl pvp, thus you aren't quite good enough as a player to compete properly? Taking the easy street rarely leads to the top ;P 

I'm not saying this is the case, i'm just presenting the concept that I've never seen brought up before.

Devil's advocate per say ^_^ <3

On 11/12/2016 at 8:43 AM, yoshikoo said:

Everyone in this thread is just plain wrong. OP is right in a sense that summoners are strong noob killers with low learning curve but when u hit high gold/plat to diamond. A lot of players know their characters well enough to kill a summoner. Summoners are weak in higher teirs where people are able to utilize all their skills efficiently. First off, the cat is basically useless as most of our CC is concentrated on the cat. The cat is considered a single entity and when stunned cannot perform moves which is pretty bad. Positioning of the cat is very important and knowing when to taunt in order to stop the cat from hitting into a counter is also very important. 

If you want proof just look at the world tournament happening. Sin vs SM and the summoner gets rekt because he simply does not have the damage output against sins. Sure we have heals but what good are heals when time is up and you didn't do any damage. There is not a single matchup that a summoner is good at but i can think of at least 4 matchups for the sin where the sin will dominate. Dont know why we will never get buffed. every other class got buffed but it seems like all we receive are nerfs. 

People are still stuck in the days where summoner was mad op at 45 cap but dont realize that they have been "nerfed" because of all these buffs to other classes. 

Someone gets it. ^This.

@yoshikoo I don't see how the summoner player representing Japan could have won against the assassin player representing China, if that is the match you are talking about. It is quite obvious the assassin player was on another level compared to the summoner player.

The summoner was spamming sunflower and hitting into every single decoy and iframe. Way too many mistakes and the fact that he almost won it the moment he did a cat pin was something to take note of too. If he did not hit into so many decoy and iframe he may have won it. It seemed like his strategy is to deliberately get assassin to go invisible by hitting into his decoy and then firing sunflower again to get him out but he failed, so I don't see why he could have won.

On 15.11.2016 at 2:59 AM, SoulsHunter said:

@yoshikoo I don't see how the summoner player representing Japan could have won against the assassin player representing China, if that is the match you are talking about. It is quite obvious the assassin player was on another level compared to the summoner player.

The summoner was spamming sunflower and hitting into every single decoy and iframe. Way too many mistakes and the fact that he almost won it the moment he did a cat pin was something to take note of too. If he did not hit into so many decoy and iframe he may have won it. It seemed like his strategy is to deliberately get assassin to go invisible by hitting into his decoy and then firing sunflower again to get him out but he failed, so I don't see why he could have won.

If you would have listened to the casters you should know that Summoners have a winrate of 52% against SIN in Korea.
And this is considered one of their best matchups.

Archived