New Returning Blademaster

Tykune

I am a new returning player and I was hit with reskilling my blademaster character, and given I have been away for so long, I have no idea what tweaks or skill updates have come out. I used to rely on bnstree, but even that seems to have tapered off a bit from what I remember.

I am mostly looking for some tips and advice for my PvE and PvP trees.

Until you get a real answer, check this out: http://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/news/desolate-tomb-now-live/

The skill changes for BM are listed there. I suggest going fire build for PvE (the difference in DPS for me personally is 1000/s). The recommended skill build will set most of the important things in their places (except for blade storm F1)(if you have HM skills, it's a different story), the rest is up to you. Basically you have to use lunar slash and spam dragontongue as much as possible (I can get 6 dragontongues in with 1 lunar slash, but my ping is pretty bad).

Also, to everyone reading: Fire build HM lightning draw F2 or F3? The damage seems the same with both forms.

With 560 AP, my Lightning build dps was ~10500 on hulking augerite, Fire build <11800. I used to play with lightning build before this update so I am more familiar with it. The thing about it right now is that Honed slash only costs ~1,5 focus on average now (-1 focus consumption pretty much at all times from other skills (except sundering sword phase, you don't need it then) + 50% crit chance to recover 1 focus).

I didn't use any buffs btw

Archived