This is a pretty lonely game...

Kinohki

So I recently came back from a good long hiatus. Quit playing before the silverfrost release, back when 45 was the cap and before hongmoon levels were introduced. Now that I've come back, the Poharan server seems just..really desolate. I have characters on both cerulean and crimson but it seems like no one talks in faction chat unless I start a conversation. Otherwise it's usually the run of the mill 'WTB soulstone" or some other such.

Why are people so reclusive in this game? I mean, to me, it's not a good sign that a game has such a quiet community. It's good that the bot situation has been calmed for the most part, I only have to, very occasionally, block like 3 to 5 bots as opposed to the 20-50 it used to be like. Regardless though, with all my friends having left the game already and having no intentions of returning, I myself find it hard to get back into the game. What do people even do anymore? I've read the arena is pretty much dead and hell, even Moonwater talus base was dead. Guess everyone has moved on to silverfrost.

Simply put, my question is this. What is the current state of the game? The population SEEMS low. I know leveling my FM to 50, I rarely saw other people leveling in the open world, which isn't a good sign. I done the quest all the way towards the current end and I think I encountered three people. What on earth happened?

Another "the game must be so dead since I see no one during my leveling?" post? How about check out player's hubs like House of Pleasure, Windrest and Mushin's Tower first.

And since your friends already left and you're lonely enough to have to rely on faction chit-chat, how about join some kind of clan for a change of breeze?

Everyone is busy doing their own thing.

You have to remember that people are in Discords, Skype calls, Clan chat, etc. talking to their friends rather than typing everything out.

Not everyone is going to bother talking in faction chat since there's no point in the end.

Basically.. the game is "dead", mainly for the PvP aspect of the game, though people currently playing will not tell you that. I haven't played and checked how it's been doing in almost 2 months, but even back then I noticed the playerbase dwindling. What you see now is the aftermath of a game using GameGuard and what seemed to be a company who didn't care.

The attraction of this game for many people was the PvP, however due to the above.. PvP was destroyed completely, literally no point. So now the only people playing is those who prefer PvE or just to play dress-up with their characters. The game probably won't die due to those people, but it will never really thrive either. I remember release and even a few months after, the game was alive.. despite gold spammers and bots running rampant, people were talking in faction chat constantly.. you'd see so many people running around, even in the weirdest of places you'd find someone. Arena was fun despite there being balance issues, and Gold didn't matter much even back then since it's so easy to get. However now, no rank really matters since you can just farm bot fodder until you reach the hackers.

Anyway, the reason I quit was I'm guessing the reason most people quit, it finally got to a point where I just gave up, I got sick of all the Destroyer bots and zero cooldown Summoners in arena.. tired of the gold spammers.. seeing bots everywhere.. and for the most part, I got tired of how it seemed like nothing was being done to prevent any of it.

There are chatty people, you just have to try hard to find them. Which shouldn't be the case in an MMO that would be doing well...

In Vindictus, its even MORE dead than BNS and there's usually someone in ch 1 I can talk to. Here people get offended and tell you to go find a clan. LOL

Then when you join a clan, no one talks to you really because its probably semi dead and they have their static group they prefer to run dailies with.

I learned that the most toxic people are the faction chat people. Low IQs, talkers and of course gold spammers lol. Stay away from them.  Find your own clan and the most dedicated players are in TS or discord.

I do agree with you, there are far less people since i cant seem to find enough players to finish dungeons that are not in the daily challenge past 11 pm PST.  And that is an issue for me at least i could pug but now it seems nobody queue up for them. They just complete dailies and bye bye.

The game is still full of problems the only reason i still play is because i changed my play style to be more casual player, but then again, all my clan mates, personal friends no longer play the game and therefore i play it more casually.

17 hours ago, Kinohki said:

I find the population to be low during the week per usual for most MMOs for me, but on my server (Junghado Thurs-Sunday it is very populated.  However, it is true everyone is pretty quiet in faction chat. I think it might be because everyone was used to not being heard with all the gold bot messages early on and it just became a thing? Just a theory...

20 hours ago, Alysha Hawkeye said:

Another "the game must be so dead since I see no one during my leveling?" post? How about check out player's hubs like House of Pleasure, Windrest and Mushin's Tower first.

And since your friends already left and you're lonely enough to have to rely on faction chit-chat, how about join some kind of clan for a change of breeze?

Actually, if you don't see people while leveling on the second most populated NA server, that is a pretty telling sign of the game not being that populated. If you're going to use the popular hubs argument, that's like saying the secret world (a game that's widely known for being dead sadly) is still active and doing fine just because you see people crowded in Agartha and the London marketplace. 

I am on the Yunwa server and idk what to compare it to but it seems pretty lively to me. A constant stream of messages in faction chat and clans recruiting.  I also see people everywhere during leveling. Lots of people around Jadestone, Cinderlands, Moonwater, etc. Perhaps it is because Yunwa is a new server, but it does not strike me as empty.

Archived