PVE Build since patch?

Akacia

Still using the same build as before, just try to use grab alot. To increase party dps.

Some people prefer to use eradicate(RMB) now, but I prefer to  use the ani-cancel rmb with might cleave.

I guess my question is since it's no longer mash judgement and cleave anymore since the speed boost is gone? what's everyone doing to max out dps? Maybe i'm missing something? I guess this is going the eradicate way as you mentioned

28 minutes ago, Akacia said:

I guess my question is since it's no longer mash judgement and cleave anymore since the speed boost is gone? what's everyone doing to max out dps? Maybe i'm missing something?

It's still lmb/rmb.

22 minutes ago, Akacia said:

yeah just seems like a big drop in dps currently over to eradicate from what it used to be

I gained around 1.5k dps just because of might cleave.  Still does a good bit more than eradicate.

Same as before, with the difference I got Mighty Cleave this time. Should provide a decent DPS boost for more stationary bosses. Now I actually want to unlock the HM tier to boost even more its damage.

I just dunno if the new Long Division skill is better than anicanceling (especially when you can Wrath) when an enemy is restrained, though. I mean, each hit can do a lot of damage but it's a 2-3 second wait between each hit. Anyone has any idea of which one offers the better DPS?

Longer cooldown on most stages of Grab is a tad frustrating, but I'll live and only really affects me for party play. Stage 1 is arguably better for Tower anyway.

I was worried about Typhoon's nerfs, but that's because I misinterpreted the patch notes saying that Stage 2 no longer stuns. Instead, it just no longer stuns the double CC enemies, which isn't that big a deal to me, since my main use of it is on regular mobs.

9 minutes ago, Tsuchiryu said:

Same as before, with the difference I got Mighty Cleave this time. Should provide a decent DPS boost for more stationary bosses. Now I actually want to unlock the HM tier to boost even more its damage.

I just dunno if the new Long Division skill is better than anicanceling (especially when you can Wrath) when an enemy is restrained, though. I mean, each hit can do a lot of damage but it's a 2-3 second wait between each hit. Anyone has any idea of which one offers the better DPS?

Longer cooldown on most stages of Grab is a tad frustrating, but I'll live and only really affects me for party play. Stage 1 is arguably better for Tower anyway.

I was worried about Typhoon's nerfs, but that's because I misinterpreted the patch notes saying that Stage 2 no longer stuns. Instead, it just no longer stuns the double CC enemies, which isn't that big a deal to me, since my main use of it is on regular mobs.

Long division is WAY stronger than wrath/cleave, you should be able to get 4 casts off on a normal grab.

On 8/25/2016 at 6:35 PM, TJXX said:

I gained around 1.5k dps just because of might cleave.  Still does a good bit more than eradicate.

And you are not factoring in Galeforce?  Which basically does more damage than Mighty Cleave?  The only real difference between eradicate and cleave is DPS, and it's minimal.  Galeforce isn't dependent on rather or not a target stands in the area of effect only rather or not the target is in range, Mighty Cleave is dependent on the target standing in the area of effect.  Cleave forces you to stop moving,  Eradicate doesn't.   You can still ani-cancel with eradicate you can just do so while moving, unlike cleave.   And the ani-cancel is not as fast as with cleave.

On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 0:53 PM, RageFrost said:

And you are not factoring in Galeforce?  Which basically does more damage than Mighty Cleave?  The only real difference between eradicate and cleave is DPS, and it's minimal.  Galeforce isn't dependent on rather or not a target stands in the area of effect only rather or not the target is in range, Mighty Cleave is dependent on the target standing in the area of effect.  Cleave forces you to stop moving,  Eradicate doesn't.   You can still ani-cancel with eradicate you can just do so while moving, unlike cleave.   And the ani-cancel is not as fast as with cleave.

Gale force vs mighty cleave is in favor of gale force, but eradicate/repulse vs cleave is in favor of cleave because of the speed, extra damage from legendary, and emberstomps 20% bonus.  In a single target situation I'm still pulling 2kish more dps with earth build.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

That skill break down makes no sense unless your opponent was grabbed most of the time and you held lmb instead of f, you never once used repulse either which is the stronger hit on rmb for shadow build.... 

In my experiences of using shadow build wrath isn't even worth using most of the time unless you need focus.  The damage of repulse is higher and the attack speed of eradicate/repulse is the same as the shadow wrath.

Hmm, I get 7/8 lmbs off during q/x each and 14/15 during e.  I get the same amount of RMB off during fury as I do lmb.  My shadow wrath lmb does 10-11.5k during fury, eradicate/repulse do 9.5-15k and galeforce 25k.  In 32 hits of LMB and q/x/e I'm doing around 300-330k, in 32 hits of RMB and q/x/e/f I'm doing over 400k.  Both take the same amount of time.

My ms right now is only around 160-200, so not sure how you're doing more LMB overall than RMB.  Given the amount of hits you did in the fight I'd guess it only lasted around 1.5 minutes for the first one and 2 minutes the 2nd one. 

10 hours ago, SoulsHunter said:

@AlanWake Do you use Execute on stage 3, getting in 4 hits? Is it true that if you get hit while using it, it will be interrupted and stopped? Also do you need good timing or good ping to use up all 4 hits?

i use all 4 hits (200MP) if boss is not going to move. i think high ping can bug it so you better just use 1 if you have 170+. you can get hit while X but not CC.

21 hours ago, TJXX said:

Hmm, I get 7/8 lmbs off during q/x each and 14/15 during e.  I get the same amount of RMB off during fury as I do lmb.  My shadow wrath lmb does 10-11.5k during fury, eradicate/repulse do 9.5-15k and galeforce 25k.  In 32 hits of LMB and q/x/e I'm doing around 300-330k, in 32 hits of RMB and q/x/e/f I'm doing over 400k.  Both take the same amount of time.

My ms right now is only around 160-200, so not sure how you're doing more LMB overall than RMB.  Given the amount of hits you did in the fight I'd guess it only lasted around 1.5 minutes for the first one and 2 minutes the 2nd one. 

your ping is why your LMB as almost same speed as RMB. try it with 120ms you will see it goes twice as fast. (it will look like speedhack)

those charts are full fight long not just 2 mins or less like you think. i have seraph not baleful. just think how it will be with the legendary SS that came lately.

those SS are just for that build. (iam farming now XD).

I'm also using shadow build with heavy focus on wrath, it's pretty fun. Currently at 683 ap w/ baleful weap I was able to solo yeti. On mushin's F13 I'm able to clock around 17-20k dps.

llhP9JJ.png

qCjdalH.png

instead of execute I use smash 1 with a badge.

Archived