Your thoughts on DPS meter so far?

Faline

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

Actually as a summoner does way more damage than a SF / WL and Sin if he uses all his rotations properly.

Apart from the standard Sunflower or Bees build depending on preference, with the new extra damage on DOT skills (Petal Toss, Doom n Bloom, Bleed, Poison) it adds up to way more than you think. Especially the 550% Attack power boost on bees which lets you crit for 24k+ (Its not additional damage but actual damage of the skill)

Ssshhh don't say that or there's a PRO assassin who'll call you stupid :)

I agree the dps meter is educational and a good indication to see where you stand in the party, without all that guessing and it's good banter between friends and shit talkers. 

Classes that can grab shouldn't feel bad about this as that grabs does so much damage im almost thinking its better than Soulburn / blue buff.

If you skip the video to 3:32:26 you can see from only 2/3 grabs!!!  that skill did 18% overall damage which is nuts for such a short burst. 

https://www.twitch.tv/varakatwitch/v/85669904

4 minutes ago, InstantDeath said:

Ssshhh don't say that or there's a PRO assassin who'll call you stupid :)

That or it will be like in Whirlwind Valley yesterday. A destroyer got his butt handed and he goes:

"Hacker, ima report you and your damage hack" xD And i normally dont judge people but he was bad at pvp lol (but had a legendary weapon and all the fancy gems)

that made my day xD

41 minutes ago, Talinoth said:

FYI, I'm a Force Master with 687 AP. I usually lead, but this one time in a 4 man Lair run I got outdps'ed by a Warlock with 610 AP.

Dude was SUCH A BADASS!

- I did 13-14k/sec damage on average. 37k/sec damage during Soulburn, 18k/sec avg damage in fights where Soulburn was used.

- WL did 14-15k/sec damage on average. 34k/sec damage during Soulburn. 19k/sec avg damage when Soulburn was used in a fight.

I am a Fm, too, and I also have 687 ap. In fights were you can dps without stop I usually end up with ~ 20k dps without buff classes. So maybe it wasn't because the WL was so strong but...

I think they should have started phase 1 with being able to test dps on a dummy. This way you could at least fine tune your builds etc. Using it only in a 4 man dungeon makes no sense. Maybe they are testing to see if it can handle the load of 4 players instead of 6 but yeah I don't know. It can't be that hard if Act already has capability to parse. 

30 minutes ago, Zedonia said:

I am a Fm, too, and I also have 687 ap. In fights were you can dps without stop I usually end up with ~ 20k dps without buff classes. So maybe it wasn't because the WL was so strong but...

ok tell me your full story, who was the one refreshing the burn buff for you? and how many mechanics did u ignore?

12 minutes ago, arkvard said:

ok tell me your full story, who was the one refreshing the burn buff for you? and how many mechanics did u ignore?

I do it by myself, no idea why you would ask such things. Burn the target is a very very minor dps loss compared with when someone else does that. And what mechanics do you mean? In lair there are no real mechanics. You can dps the boss the whole time and switch for 3 seconds on a generator and then switch back. There is no dps stop at all.

What dps do you have in mushin tower 5F or 6F against the monkey for example? It should be over 20k, too, with that ap. It's completely the same. Even 1st boss in nexus was almost 20k yesterday. No idea why you think someone would ignore mechanics.

Just now, arkvard said:

you know this thing called "latency" exists right? 20k in lair is easy....nothing to brag about... please don't look down people with high latency just because they can't do same damage as you... and that last sentence " No idea why you think someone would ignore mechanics. " lol, this is show how ignorant you are

Did you even read what was quoted and written? Lair was the topic and that a WL is as strong as a fm. No one said anything about latency so I ignore that (it's also not my problem, don't try to use that as an argument, if someone has bad latency, that person shouldn't compare dps at all). Ignoring mechanics came from you and it is your fault at all to bring that here. No one before mentioned that. Again, don't try to find arguments for your faults. Hope we are done now.

11 minutes ago, Zedonia said:

I do it by myself, no idea why you would ask such things. Burn the target is a very very minor dps loss compared with when someone else does that. And what mechanics do you mean? In lair there are no real mechanics. You can dps the boss the whole time and switch for 3 seconds on a generator and then switch back. There is no dps stop at all.

What dps do you have in mushin tower 5F or 6F against the monkey for example? It should be over 20k, too, with that ap. It's completely the same. Even 1st boss in nexus was almost 20k yesterday. No idea why you think someone would ignore mechanics.

you know this thing called "latency" exists right? 20k in lair is easy....nothing to brag about... please don't look down people with high latency just because they can't do same damage as you... and that last sentence " No idea why you think someone would ignore mechanics. " lol, this line just shows how ignorant you are....have u read other people complaining in this thread?

Well for me this dps meter has been good. Its proven to me and some other players that Warlocks were never bad when it comes to dps. People just simply cannot play 1 since its not as easy as FM or Summoner.

Ive outdpsed Fms and ive been losing by 200-400 dps against sins with Ap close to 700. ( Mine is 680)some boss fights ive beaten them.

I use full Dark build which i see does way more damage than frost build with dragoncall. 

46 minutes ago, Misaki said:

I use full Dark build which i see does way more damage than frost build with dragoncall. 

The change to Rupture T3F2 decreasing Wingstorm cooldown by 1 second may not seem like much but I feel like I'm running wingstorm nonstop now.  Used to have maybe a 2-3 second delay after the 3rd cast, now I've found times I'm double running it just for shits and giggles. Time it right and you can just spam Helix.  My biggest issue is focus management, but I'm working that out (Used to run T3F1).  I don't see any way Dragoncall can compete with Helix now since this update, no matter how hard you crit.

20k dps probably would be pretty easy for most Force Masters with my stats. I have problems doing a lot of damage though, the game just doesn't agree with me in terms of frame rate, and doesn't register my inputs as fast as I would like... to put it lightly.

Here are my full stats.

- 687 AP

- 61.24% crit chance

- 212.89% crit damage

Damage Multiplier = 1.691

Effective Damage = 1161

If I remember correctly, the Total Damage formula goes like this; AP(1+(Crit Chance/100)x([Crit Damage/100]-1))

687(1+(0.6124x1.1289)

= 687(1.6913386)

= 1161

With numbers like that I probably should be hitting 20k dps, but hey, I'm better at pvp than pve anyway.

16 hours ago, BattleKat said:

Yup, we all see that comming and NCSoft ignored us, i know this was an user requested feature by months ago, but we all said that it should be a PERSONAL DPS METER in our screens, so this dont happen, and its happening already.

Theres not even a single good reason for it, is pretty much like enabling the enemy chat in PVP games, you dont expect someone to say ''hey, i see you need some gear, let me help you to reach my damage, come with me!'', it is always going to be ''yay i am the top DPS, get good, bye''

lDTROXK.gif

Nooo T_T poor dear

I found my dps did fluctuate a lot too. I started out really well in like Lair and Gloom. And then it like crapped out in nexus. I think its simply becus there were other classes whose builds just work better for constant dps (sin/fm/sum). 

Being a wl is a little tricky cus there is down time. That and when you need to be blocking or moving, its hard to really spam helixes when ur not getting tons of orbs from wingstorm.  

I figure its a give and take. Some situations accomodate your class and some don't. 

15 minutes ago, RyuueLaview said:

Being a wl is a little tricky cus there is down time. That and when you need to be blocking or moving, its hard to really spam helixes when ur not getting tons of orbs from wingstorm.

Ya, the issue with WL dark build is you screw up one one Wingstorm reset and your DPS plummets for a good 10 seconds. Like using Imprison right after a Leech proc because you're not paying attention. Or missing a Mantra and standing there with your thumb in your butt mashing LMB. Or failing to get your wingstorm off right before Soulburn hits and missing the reset...  Fun times :D

1 hour ago, Erza Scarlet said:

Sin top dps kr

PS: also doing mechanics in-between;)

You can't accurately conclude anything from that. We don't know what the mechanics are, we don't know their gear, we don't know their ping, and it was only one showcase of the instance, and being the first clear they have very little experience on that dungeon.

thats good that you can survive at terrible ping. With that said...ofc people are going to judge your damage.

When players have 20x the dps output (ping problems or not) you have to realize you are getting hard carried.

Boss HP bars dont care about ping issues. Smart players will know mechanics beats dps. its only baddies that think dps bar is life. only negative thing about dps bar is there's none in 6mans

21 hours ago, 7XVe said:

I'm a destroyer with an 8 second grab, so I'm sad all the time :(

I hear you. I've been given crap 4 times now because my DPS is the lowest. I also have my grab at 8 seconds. I had one guy refuse to continue the dungeon until I left because he wanted to get someone with a higher DPS.   The entire party gets a free 8 seconds to deal a ton of damage. What more do you want?

Archived