Your thoughts on DPS meter so far?

Faline

How does everyone feel about it so far?

Personally, I was dreading it coming, and that dread has turned out right. I'm gonna be honest, i'm not some pro amazing player, but I always do my best and I always felt like I contributed as much as I could. Since the meter came it's all about numbers, not mechanics (if I grab...hey guess what I am gonna slip down that meter..) and i'm made to feel like I haven't contributed..or I get pity from other players, which I hate >.< hnngg. I am the sorta person who will stick with a game I like for a very long time, pour time and cash into it to support it....but I am being made to feel like I don't want to do one part of the game that I enjoy most..PVE. So..yes, I feel like quitting right now..I feel like all this time and effort i've put into this lil' LBD is all to waste because i'm made to look like a scrub by this damn meter.

Anyhow, DPS meter vs Overall Damage done argument..Damage done actually tells you how much of an impact you had. Your overall damage that you did as a % on that bosses HP. DPS is only counting the time that you are actually on the boss.  It shouldn't be all about who can burn all their cooldowns in 30seconds, throw down a huge amount of DPS and then get killed - give me players that can stay alive and do more actual overall damage to the boss. Total damage done>DPS imo.

inb4 git gud comment - don't give me that, I play well enough, with +200ms ping usually too and I can still hold my own. 

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Distracting but it is fun to see how DPS depends on how well party coordinates and what classes are in the party. In my opinion people take DPS meter too personally while it should be seen as the whole party: how to utilize full potential of the party? Unfortunately here it doesn't work like that but everyone is fighting to be the highest DPS instead. I have seen people laughing about other people's DPS just because the other was actually doing certain mechanics to help party DPS more. It is kind of sad.

im bd too and i dont give a flying cricket about that meter. It is just something to kill time with for me. As you said, when bd use grip his dps will fall down while rest of the party will rise up. And i know that 90% of ppl in 4mans doing their best. And if someone use more defensive abilities in exchange for offensive ones which leads to lower dps? Well, still alive guy gives more dmg than dead one with 100% attack. So as i said, for me is it just a funny tool.

First things first.. Anyone giving a BD/Des grief about grabbing a mob allowing the rest of the party to do insane free damage is just a *cricket*ing idiot and should be ignored.

As for the tool its self - It needs work.

1. Personal meter should be enabled on dummies so you can test builds and rotations - This is the biggest thing it's lacking right now

2. Breakdown of skills used is moderately useful, but could have some options for more info added to the grid - Line graph should be added for duration of the fight so you can see spikes and falls.  Anyone who's used ACT in other games to it's full potential knows how powerful it can be to analyze a build/rotation or even a difficult encounter.

3. Personal meter should be enabled for 6-man through F8

4. Group meter should be optionally enabled for 6-man pre-made groups

9 minutes ago, Alysha Hawkeye said:

Have fun seeing someone killing himself in Naga King boss in Lair, lol.

Happened to my party already. Was funny to see how others were at 10 % HP since they ignored the mechanics.

This is ridiculous how people are slaves for fighting to be the highest DPS ignoring all the mechanics just to have the title of highest DPS. Good job, instead I see them winning the title of scumbag in the dungeon. Each time I had destro/bd grabbing and letting others DPS (especially with the new skill) I made sure to thank them so that they know their DPS sacrificial was appreciated.

One big problem in it : it's very bad at maths. When u add all % done, u have something like 105-115%, it count boss's base hp, not total damage done, that's quite disturbing.

Also it reset when doin certain mechanics, seen that in gloom forest , when u are the marker and go far away to get the jump, your meter reset and at the end you only have info of the last part of fight.

On other hand it's fun tool, could make a good idea of ppl rotation with the skill% damage for my bm, but not that much useful , and i've seen ppl bitching about dps only once ,on masts when the 3 top dps added was over 100%, but it would have been same without the meter i guess, it was obvious the 4th was slacking as hell.

Yup, we all see that comming and NCSoft ignored us, i know this was an user requested feature by months ago, but we all said that it should be a PERSONAL DPS METER in our screens, so this dont happen, and its happening already.

Theres not even a single good reason for it, is pretty much like enabling the enemy chat in PVP games, you dont expect someone to say ''hey, i see you need some gear, let me help you to reach my damage, come with me!'', it is always going to be ''yay i am the top DPS, get good, bye''

lDTROXK.gif

~OP, i really like the dps meter, hope they do bring it to 6-man heroic dungeons later on

~destroyers/bds out there, i'm really grateful to u all when u restrain bosses

i really like using bm's crackling blade, it's just sooo pretty

since they buff destroyer/bd's grab skill, it needs to be used as much as possible in a party run

free dps for other players and bosses die faster

~NOW TO ANY AND ALL EGOTISTIC ELITISTS OUT THERE~

stop looking down on destroyer/bd's low dps due to its grab mechanism

f off and go solo 4-man bosses urself, i really like to see u do that

especially when NA/EU version's bosses have 2-3 times more hp than KR version's

we really don't need ur pathetic comments during/after a boss fight

~on another note~

playing as a bm (700AP) with at least 6 threat/argo skills, bm can pretty much control a boss fight

unless u (egotistic elitists) have GM's AP, u will never be able to grab argo from a bm 

if i do see egotistic elitists not doing their mechanism or looking down on destroyer/bd's dps due to grab

i WILL cause a party wipe ON PURPOSE just to teach u a lesson

~here is my 4-man gloomdross run last night~

3 melees (bm700, sf667, destroyer556) and 1 summoner (735AP)

this summoner is absolutely useless, only dpsing, doesn't run to the summoned seeds

i can't believe that i (as the tank) have to run there myself ...

at the end, summoner is #1 on dps, sf #2, bm #3

seriously f off summoner if ur not going to do ur mechanism properly 

i can easily cause a party wipe by holding the boss in the middle since no one is moving to the seeds

its nice that we get it BUT why we cant use it at the dummies in mushin... We dont need them in a 4man run, we do mechanics to Clear it and in some dungeons we habe so many dmg holes cuz the boss is behind a wall of poison water or a void.

ok we can watch which skill we use more and which one makes nice dmg in this Short Fights.. But come on, let us test on the dummies

where are those people that pro dps meter? oh they are ignoring mechanics for their own dps sake right now...LMFAO

now, to do highest dps is not about how good your rotations, or your gears are....but how good you are at ignoring mechanics...ROFL

It's a nice thing to look at to see how much I'm pushing out, but given ping and low FPS, at the end of the day it's just numbers.

I am a Sin, and I have to periodically stop to cast Protection Decoy and Smokescreen, cast Lotus Fury or get into stealth, and tag the boss with Highwire or kick it up and slap Webbing onto it. I. HAVE. TO. STOP. ATTACKING. SO. NO. ONE. DIES!

my NA launcher seems broken, not downloading any update. so im really curious how are the community in-game. the drama is more real in-game. :P

but anyway, while my NA client still cant be open, im playing at TW for the meantime. same patch like west, TW also got skill changes and dps meter, along with ping meter. well, ping meter, there are a lot of funny comments about it from most of SEA players but i'll leave it there.

meanwhile, most are still busy figuring how to maximize the pt dps with the skill changes and new skills. but then, there are also rotten egg that cares only for dps.

here's one of my story
as summoner, i went f8 gloomdross4 to test my skill in party. i partied with dest and 2 other summoner. one of the summoner is HM7. it is like common to make the range class or a lower lvl/lower dps to become the mark both seeds and lasers. when boss already going to mark someone, i saw that HM7 is not doing his "job" so i went to take the mark. when we finish the run, this summoner said, "wtf! i beat two HM10 (me and dest)?! -___- "

me and dest just replied " ...... "

maan! if this happened at TW, then i expect more at west.

Archived