Sign in to follow this  
WLraik

3 things wrong with Desolate Tomb.

WLraik   

1 - First boss, Meowong wife (something like that). The one that has RED marked attacks.

She's extremelly overpowered, not because of the attacks but because she MELEE hits you from 7 meters distance. MELEE HIT FROM 7 METERS. 

It makes tanking her a pain in the ass for all the classes, she has a pattern I know, but that melee attack is broken.

2 - Puzzle.

It's NOT fun, very bad designed and after pulling the clever THE MACHINES SHOULD DISAPPEAR. You have to literally kill all the machines if you want some peace after wiping on the last boss and coming back to the boss room. In kr they fixed it but as always we get the trash.

3 - I disconnected during the last boss fight, relogged and... HAD TO RUN ALL THE WAY BACK TO THE LAST BOSS ROOM.

Really? Can you be more Inconvenient to your players? Can the Team Bloodlust be more dumb when developing these kind of things? Can the kr players start complaining a bit about such bullshits like this?

We also noticed that if u respawn after u die in Bossfight u might get aggro by the adds from that puzzle-thingy. Just 5 Meters more to the right would be perfectly save :(

Cor   

1. sry but l2p

2. kr only feature, in all f2p regions only lasers disappear.

3. yes that sucks, old story though.

Lacha   

IMO... this dungeon is the beginning of the "Wildstar" effect.  

But all these "git gud, l2p" have fun guys just like the above game did with its dwindling "elite" crew of gamers.

Windy   
6 hours ago, Lacha said:

IMO... this dungeon is the beginning of the "Wildstar" effect.  

But all these "git gud, l2p" have fun guys just like the above game did with its dwindling "elite" crew of gamers.

Yes the elites remained very bored in there ,while the mid -casual players looking for fun and relaxation canceled their sub and moved away...WildStar is a ghost town now,dieing slowly for the 3rd time.Entire guilds vanished when the bots got over the arena and when the crashes at end of dungeon would punish you by looting nothing at all-when the daily table from Academy were reseting your progress bar ,always in minus points,and when the dungeons and raids became too hard ,repetitive and boring...because if you died in there you had to re-make entire dungeon map..Most sick system i ever seen in a decent mmorpg..

~OP, u forgot another thing that is wrong about desolate tomb 

takes too much time to finish a run ... >.>

i hope this will improve when more players know the mechanisms 

Shadovvv   

You've been begging for difficult content, and they even nerfed it just for you. You've made your grave, lie in it.

WLraik   
3 hours ago, Shadovvv said:

You've been begging for difficult content, and they even nerfed it just for you. You've made your grave, lie in it.

Read number 1 again then read again and again until you read where I say that the 7m melee attack is broken.

Minor fixes to ONE single thing about the dungeon mechanic is not asking for a nerf. Stop exaggerating, I'M NOT ASKING TO NERF THE DUNGEON.

Cor   
6 hours ago, WLraik said:

Read number 1 again then read again and again until you read where I say that the 7m melee attack is broken.

Minor fixes to ONE single thing about the dungeon mechanic is not asking for a nerf. Stop exaggerating, I'M NOT ASKING TO NERF THE DUNGEON.

There is nothing broken your only calling it broken because you think it's op. That's exactly what it is asking for a nerf because you think it's op.

2 hours ago, Cor said:

There is nothing broken your only calling it broken because you think it's op. That's exactly what it is asking for a nerf because you think it's op.

Well if you go by logic there. 7m is really a long distance. I could understand if it's ranged attack but melee... Close Quarters.. 7m distance MELEE.

Wow man even my pee pee little elephant trunk couldn't grow up to 1/4 of it.

Arcsine   

Mengwol really isn't that bad if you're used to how her attacks work, it is preferable to have a ranged "tank" on her than a melee.

If a melee is gonna be on her:

A long narrow attack, it's best to just move to the side.

A red spin attack, you're best off just moving back then using a gap closer before she pulls you in.

Red arc sections, just get behind her whether it be Q/E or running through her depending on your class.

You should have more than enough time to identify the shape of the attack indicator and react accordingly, if you're incapable of that you're in no shape to be tanking anything.

Shukran   

THIS is the first dungeon with some basis of mechanic>>>raw dmg

i like it very much.

only thing i hate is the alarm corridor which is impossible to reach if u go offline/repair/substitute someone.  if u rush it = no more pass.

mrpeeng   
36 minutes ago, Shukran said:

only thing i hate is the alarm corridor which is impossible to reach if u go offline/repair/substitute someone.  if u rush it = no more pass.

I don't know why people skip this?  Kill the mobs once, skip it forever.  I was watching a stream last night and they failed @ least 8 times before I logged off.  Each time they had to re-run that area and almost die to it. They lost more time trying to iframe everything vs killing it the first time around.  

Edited by mrpeeng

Shukran   
2 minutes ago, mrpeeng said:

I don't know why people skip this?  Kill the mobs once, skip it forever.  I was watching a stream last night and they failed @ least 8 times before I logged off.  Each time they had to re-run that area and almost die to it. They lost more time trying to iframe everything vs killing it the first time around.  

WELL.. because even smart players sometimes are used to old fashions..and desolate = tomb, so our brain tells us"it s tomb, u dumb..skip mobs skiiiipppp". also, those mobs are really assholes.

Shadovvv   
On 8/26/2016 at 8:38 PM, WLraik said:

How is it broken when the FM boss has attacks with the same range? You can just Q/E/SS/Whatever. And you're not supposed to kill the wives either so just ranged tank and kite them around.

I didn't say you were asking a nerf, I'm saying we received the nerfed Desolate Tomb where the final boss has mechanics that are more lenient but still heavily punishing.

Mi.Rei   

1. git gud scrub...im a warlock and i've so far taken the left waifu and im tanking it with eaz now and i dont even die to it...its easy peazy if you do the dungeon multiple times just keep practicing

2. From now on dungeons will be alot more difficult and more mechanic based....from lvl 45 dungs to asura/nexus/masts/gloom was easy mode...start learning stuff cuz things are gonna be difficult in the upcoming dungeons

3. DC's cannot be fixed cuz NCWest dont know how to fix their own servers properly (running from the start to the end is a punishment for dying/DC'ing even though DC'ing in this game is truly annoying)

TLDR > Dungeons will be DIFFICULT + MECHANIC HEAVY from now on...start learning people and stop complaining.