Type of KFM?

DatChief

People say that wind build deals more damage but if you don't have high fps and low latency/ping and good ani-cancelling skills, I recommend fire build.

So I think fire build is:

- AoE instead of single target

- easier to do the rotation (if you have enough crit, you don't even have to press your LMB, just 2-F-2-F, or 2-2-F-2-2-F)

- easier to stack Searing Palm (Tiget Strike (2) procs Hellfire Kick (4) which procs Searing Palm (x), etc.)

- no focus problem with decent crit rate (Searing Blow (F))

- Searing Palm cd reduction (Searing Blow (F))

However with lower crit rate, you still have to ani-cancel LMB-2 because the F (Searing Blow) does not proc and you will run out of focus.

Anyway, I like Fire build but this is personal I guess. :)

I see I see, 

Wind it is then. But maybe fire is better if questing / lvling for the time being?...considering im only lvl 33 at the moment and then Wind later on when doing dungeons (dailies) and tower once im lvl 50?

If its wind, is this build decent enough to following? Baring in mind that my knowledge with KFM atm isnt at all in standard so im going to need to follow some sort of guide to get my foot on the floor first.

Wind : https://bnstree.com/KF/S1y4DLsc

If i change my mind to go fire : https://bnstree.com/KF/H1JVS8sq <--- (without taking into account the Hongmoon Technique skills)

Are these okay guides to follow or pretty bad? 

Any recommendations? 

570ap kfm here

when lvling to 50, your best bet is fire build because of aoe and tiger strike heals u. 

in order for wind build to be more sucess than fire in late game, you will need a few hongmoon skills, these cost a lot of monies so beware

on average though wind does more dps than fire if used correctly, but does not has as much "sustain". 

this is the build i use currently, (fire), i hope it helps a bit. https://bnstree.com/KF?build=5009002000520071111222255231104403033070340094320511005541113410621108510554260931053410604220031

i hope you realize that builds are situational, some dung you wana take stuns others u wana take dps, such as tremor(V) or comet strike, ect ect

if you want max dps on kfm, use the solo blue buff instead of the party one, thats very important. also due note in dungs the party buff is better because 5 or 3 people dps increase will be better than 1. 

btw, bns tree has not updated to the new skills. which was introduced yesterday

p.s. i use fire over wind because i play tank and its easier in my opinion

6 hours ago, Solidarius said:

570ap kfm here

[...]

on average though wind does more dps than fire if used correctly, but does not has as much "sustain". 

Have you done some tests? DPS meter is now available, can you share your results?

11 hours ago, csisy said:

Have you done some tests? DPS meter is now available, can you share your results?

did  a few 4 mans last night,  I do around 10k DPS with my fire build, iam at 569AP currently, 52% crit chance, 222% crit damage, 122% acc,

will try the wind build tonight and see what the difference is and will post dps here. 

its easy to see that wind in theory will do more damage because the "base" attack damage is higher on "cyclone kick" rather than "searing blow".

the problem with wind is that its harder to stack "searing palm" compared to fire build.... but if you have noticed on KFM stage 1 and stage 2 searing palm have been increased to 15 secs instead of 10. so this will help you a lot. 

Its my opinion that in order for wind to do more damage you need the following hongmoon skills: "Straight Jab Tier 5 Form 1"(LMB skill), (Comet Strike Part 2)(bloodshade) and finally and most important you need the swift strike mastery one, it gives you 10% heal on your "2" skill, this is very important for sustain overall.  Without these hongmoon skills I believe that fire is superior to wind. 

For me i prefer wind build, because it is easy to spam 2r as fast as possible to hold threat early on, together with other threat buff active. For searing palm stacks i usually spec smite and avenging fist to activate first level. Which procs hellfire kick to activate 2nd level. 3rd and 4th level is where i take it slow and try to resist with q,e,c to stack searing palm. I also spec iron shoulder which is my main tool to reduce searing palm cooldown. i will also spec comet strike to proc searing palm so that if i fail the resist at 3rd or 4th level, comet strike can cover it. Even without hm skills, putting 3 points in both 2 & r can garantee you infinite basic dps rotation, which in my opinion is the most important thing to hold aggro against powerful ranges users.

Before the patch hit I prefer fire over wind, but after the patch now that they made it easier to stack searing palms with wind I now prefer that build.Although I can still do more damage in the fire build... I don't know what happen but fire to me just feels really clunky now and less fun, I guess I was spoiled from the fast pace of wind, especially when it comes to countering compare to fire.

The patch gave Kfm a nice boost to the wind build which was way too annoying to use since you rely on crit procs. However, Fire build is still superior as searing palm can now be stacked 95% of the time. Searing blow, flurry and now the pivot kick makes the palm cd drop to 0 very very fast.

why is palm so important ? Well because the dmg output of the pt is slightly increase when the target gets the palm debuff. Also the 4r2 combo in blue buff is the highest dmg anicancel for kfm atm. With 680-690ap i used to reach 70k dps for 10sec with focused blue (would be around 55-60k with pt buff). 

I also have to mention that wind comet was used for that anicancel as fire needs to reset in a combat while wind can proc a second comet during the reset time so you never have comet on cd during those 10sec of blue buff. The fire comet is best used when you have warlock tho which procs awk.searing during SB.

imo, the best build you will find is the build that suits you. I myself dont play pure fire or pure wind because combining wind and fire gives more options for combos. 

Archived