Forums

Mystic Fire key change

Southwind

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem with BM.

Our restrain skill Hongmoon Blade is on the F button where also the Flash Step and Bladefence skill is. Those two skills are not that important in PvE but still, since the new grab is buggy for me (sometimes i cant target restrained bosses for whatever reason) i find myself wasting Flash Step and Bladefence and it makes it pretty much impossible for me to use Hongmoon Blade for the whole grab duration.

8 hours ago, Southwind said:

Why would You like to cast anything else from "F" other than Mystic Fire when it is available? 

why not? that way i have the freedom to choose any ability i want, also i can deal more damg with dragonchar than mystic but if the target its burning it get reduced, also 1 has absolutly no other relevant fucntion other than impact while F is way too crowded and can make us waste DD/DF/DB when we dont want to.

It's not about smashing buttons randomly we need to have control over our rotations. which skill do we want to go out and when do we want it.

20 hours ago, Torunder said:

i can deal more damg with dragonchar than mystic

XD Yeah right, You deal more dmg with skill, that has at it best multiplier 10,7 (5,7+1+4), longer animation, and cost 3 focus, than mystic fire with multiplier 21, faster animation and 1 focus recovery istead of focus cost :D I'd love to see that.

20 hours ago, Torunder said:

and can make us waste DD/DF/DB when we dont want to

:D But on PVE you want to smash DD always when it is available and You know it will hit, why do You want to save it for later? DF/DB has no cooldown, so no waste at all. 

On 22/10/2016 at 11:29 AM, Southwind said:

XD Yeah right, You deal more dmg with skill, that has at it best multiplier 10,7 (5,7+1+4), longer animation, and cost 3 focus, than mystic fire with multiplier 21, faster animation and 1 focus recovery istead of focus cost :D I'd love to see that.

:D But on PVE you want to smash DD always when it is available and You know it will hit, why do You want to save it for later? DF/DB has no cooldown, so no waste at all. 

you dont have to belive me, prove it by yourself, or ... read the skill description. after all, its there! all the info

but in case you cant read, mystic hits for lets say 20~25k , while dragon char (which hits the same as beam) will hit alone for 15~20k , but since we are comparing mystic which can be only use while grabbed with restrain  spec, dragon char will hit an extra damage while grabbed that goes up to 20~23k and if you are smart enough to dont use autodetonate and keep it burning, it will hit for 26~30k, now dragon char is nearly useless without hm unlocked but once you get it it gets boosted, meanning it wont take  forever to  recharge, so those 26~30k are being bombarded to the enemy ata  rate of mm idk around 3 to 4 per second , if you shoot short fuse while it is being CCed youll get focus regen plus the restrain focus regen, and if you manage to have  at least some brains you will hit with mystic fire first before starting the boosted dragon char, which will give you around 25k more damage, making it moreless 30~35k of pure destruction for around 5 seconds or more if you get to hit weapons focus regen which almost always procs since you are casting a lot of hits per second.

this is specially good at bosses that give you focus regen like ebondrake at root phase

Then your little puny multiplier means absolutely nothing agains dragon char.

Why would i want to save a skill that gives bleed debuff for a better moment if my party doesnt have a constant bleed skill dealer? hmm let me think, this one should be tricky.

It cant probably be to stack it at the crucial moment so the target can bleed more time instead of wasting it when bleed just started, no no no immposible, DD should be spamed regards a proper strategy since late bosses hage tons of regen. right?

53 minutes ago, Torunder said:

will hit alone for 15~20k

54 minutes ago, Torunder said:

while grabbed that goes up to 20~23k

54 minutes ago, Torunder said:

it will hit for 26~30k

You are not A-grade math student are you? :D

So, how it's possible dargonchar hits 15-20k alone (multiplier 5.7) while mystic fire hits 20-25k (multiplier 21)? XD Pleaseeeeee explain me that, or prove it on video cause it is so ridiculous XD

Dragonchar alone has (5.7) dmg multiplier + grab (1) + burn (4) = Dragonchar on burning grabbed boss (10,7) multiplier, and only then it will be slightly more than single blazing beam [(6)+ burn (4)=(10)] but still it is far less than mystic fire dmg with multiplier (21)!

1 hour ago, Torunder said:

weapons focus regen which almost always procs

XD basing your rotation on rng proc XD

1 hour ago, Torunder said:

Then your little puny multiplier means absolutely nothing agains dragon char.

All dmg in the game is about multipliers, undderstand that please.

As it comes to keeping up bleed, aplied earlier after grab duration it will most likely be about to end, so should be aplied once more, unless you used short fuse after grab (which will be stupid waste of short fuse). If You aplied bleed before grab with DD it will be on cd anyway, so your argument is pointless.

I'd love to see your theory on video, please show me this 26-30k dragonchar spam compared to mystic fire dmg, i will apoligize then and reverse everything i said, otherwise go back to school and learn some math.

12 minutes ago, Southwind said:

You are not A-grade math student are you? :D

So, how it's possible dargonchar hits 15-20k alone (multiplier 5.7) while mystic fire hits 20-25k (multiplier 21)? XD Pleaseeeeee explain me that, or prove it on video cause it is so ridiculous XD

Dragonchar alone has (5.7) dmg multiplier + grab (1) + burn (4) = Dragonchar on burning grabbed boss (10,7) multiplier, and only then it will be slightly more than single blazing beam [(6)+ burn (4)=(10)] but still it is far less than mystic fire dmg with multiplier (21)!

XD basing your rotation on rng proc XD

All dmg in the game is about multipliers, undderstand that please.

As it comes to keeping up bleed, aplied earlier after grab duration it will most likely be about to end, so should be aplied once more, unless you used short fuse after grab (which will be stupid waste of short fuse). If You aplied bleed before grab with DD it will be on cd anyway, so your argument is pointless.

I'd love to see your theory on video, please show me this 26-30k dragonchar spam compared to mystic fire dmg, i will apoligize then and reverse everything i said, otherwise go back to school and learn some math.

doing math in a random example... yeah right (pst pst ! keyword : example)

all this game is based on rng

worng multipliers arent everything, rotation and dps is what is about, and more importantly teamplay, knowing your role is crucial, understand this please.

using short fuse after grab to have your dps boosted to oblivion is  a waste ... noted

using 2 bleeds in the example of nobody else aviong bleed is a no, and should be kept on 1 bleed to minimise anti regen effect ... noted

you are not good at examples right?

read what i wrote.. carefully, then come back

i rly mean it, carefully

2 minutes ago, Torunder said:

worng multipliers arent everything, rotation and dps is what is about, and more importantly teamplay, knowing your role is crucial, understand this please.

haha now You avoiding answer. You are talking about single hit skill dmg- (dragonchar 26-30k per hit) so tell me how rotation, teamplay, and knowing your role affect dmg on this one single hit? :D:D so much laugh thank You! : )

4 minutes ago, Torunder said:

using short fuse after grab to have your dps boosted to oblivion is  a waste ... noted

Yep, cause mystic fire provides best dps durring grab, and short fuse doesn't affect itd at all.

OMG just make this video or stop posting XD

I did some math and I don't know how to get 26k Drgonchars on NA/EU yet.

If you have 220% Crit Attk and 750AP, your damage on Dragonchar should be (if the target is grabbed and the enemy is burning) around ~17.7k crit.

So, boosted Dragonchar can hit 3~4 times a second. So if every hit crits, you should get around ~53.1k/s (dps). Also, this changes if you've applied Enhnaced fire damage with either Dragon Blaze or Mystic Fire. Just calculate those 4% extra damage if you want.

That's nice and all, but now comes Mystic Fire.

With 750 AP and 220% Crit Attk, every (critical) cast (2hits) should be around ~34.5k. And! because Mystic Fire enhances fire/ice damage we need to add 4%, which should be then around ~35.9k.

Mystic Fire can be probably cast 2.5~3 times per second after the Beluga Patch, where it can be cast faster. So you should come to around ~89,8k/s (dps).

This beats Dragonchar by more than 69% (I swear this wasn't intentional...) extra damage.

Now about the [F] key change.

I find it positive. You don't have to use any of the [F] skills. Mystic Fire gives enhanced Flame, so Dragon Blaze is not needed. You don't need Dual Dragons, just dump in a Short Fuse for Deep Wound which gives -100% Health Regen to the enemy.

And as for the question:"What if my party can't bleed? I have to use Dual Dragons + Short Fuse to bleed :CC".

You know which classes can restrain? Oh, right. Destroyers and Lyn Blade Dancers. You know which classes can keep up constant bleed? Oh, right. Destroyers and Lyn Blade Dancers are one of them...

You know what I'm getting at? Why should YOU, a FM apply bleed if the classes which bring you the predicament of not being able to apply it, can apply it themselves!?

So just dump that Short Fuse at the start of the restrain, apply Deep Wound for 12sec and hope that your team members can apply 5 stacks of bleed before the remaining 6sec of Deep Wound go away.

This doesn't really belong to this topic, but after the patch, we should be able to cast HM Inferno Stage1 instantly after detonating an enemy with 5ember with Force Blast.

This should be fun, using [1], [X], [F], [X], [F] for instant 134k damage (if everything crits +750AP + 220%CA)

That's all.

16 hours ago, oZackisu said:

So, boosted Dragonchar can hit 3~4 times a second.

No, definitely no. It's fast, but not that fast.

16 hours ago, oZackisu said:

Mystic Fire can be probably cast 2.5~3 times per second after the Beluga Patch

Nope, you can cast it 2 times maybe, not more. I also dont feel a real difference than before the patch. Only the new hotkey is good, the damage didnt changed at all.

Any comparison between dragonchar and mystic fire on a grabbed target is useless. And why? because you need at least 3s to max the Speed of dragonchar and only maxed dragonchar is a good skill. A grab is not long enough so it will never make sense to use anything over mystic fire against grab.

Awakened dragonchar is pretty good. Short fuse and instant max speed spam deals extremely high damage but it's not that great that I will use it in longer fights. Beam is still better in my opinion.

Archived