Mystic Fire key change

Southwind

Really? Who had such great idea

"Let's put new restraint spamable skill under the "3" so FM can easily waste one of the most important skill durring boss fights, turning on its 36s cooldown"

Couldn't be worst placement than 3 (plus maybe ice Tab/V)

Why Mystic Fire can't be under F, while windstorm is totally useless now? Or any other key 1, 2, RMB, LMB etc which doesn't provide waste of important CD.

Idk if anyone from stuff is reading this, but pls consider changing key for Mystic Fire.

@Edit they already find out it is stupid, and changed it on KR version, wonder when we will get this fix...

http://www.freedomplays.com/blade-soul-kr-soulburn-awakened-skill-changes/

8 hours ago, Athaya said:

They totally ruined my force master gameplay and i hate this game right now :D

P.S.: Looks like they also buffed force master in the next update. Good to know.

http://www.freedomplays.com/blade-soul-kr-vortex-temple-ebondrake-pantheon/

Here, have some PvP nerfs.

7 hours ago, SoulsHunter said:

I agree that putting at 3 is a bad idea, but putting at F will make windstorm useless now. If that is the case they should just replace windstorm as mystic fire, so that we can spec mystic fire for the crit buff.

They took out the "Grabbed, Phantom Gripped, Grappled" part of Windstorm, and reduced its priority. How would it be useless?

That being said I hear nothing but unending hate for Windstorm. Is it even vital for FMs or would they be happy if it got deleted?

18 minutes ago, Shadovvv said:

That being said I hear nothing but unending hate for Windstorm. Is it even vital for FMs or would they be happy if it got deleted?

It had been vital while it still had the option to be used on grabbed targets. It dealt slightly more damage than Mystic Fire does now while also stacking crit up to 30% and generating no threat. The only downside was that it costs 2 Focus which was no problem if the grabber specced for Focus regeneration. The current version is almost useless.

Mystic Fire will be buffed a lot at the time the hotkey changes to F:

faster cast speed, increased fire/ice damage, does not trigger GCD, burn 6 sec (if used in fire mode)

7 hours ago, Shadovvv said:

They took out the "Grabbed, Phantom Gripped, Grappled" part of Windstorm, and reduced its priority. How would it be useless?

Because taking those out and reducing its priority makes it useless. You cannot even use it properly now. I am not sure about other force masters, I used to hate it too, but after using it with destroyer grab it was the highest dps I could do. The main reason why it can achieve that dps is because of Crit Buff and additional grappled damage. Mystic fire does not have Crit Buff, that is my main concern actually. It does not have additional burn damage too. So I wonder when mystic fire gets buffed to inflict burn, how useful is it in practical use.

On 8/25/2016 at 3:00 AM, Southwind said:

Really? Who had such great idea

"Let's put new restraint spamable skill under the "3" so FM can easily waste one of the most important skill durring boss fights, turning on its 36s cooldown"

Couldn't be worst placement than 3 (plus maybe ice Tab/V)

Why Mystic Fire can't be under F, while windstorm is totally useless now? Or any other key 1, 2, RMB, LMB etc which doesn't provide waste of important CD.

Idk if anyone from stuff is reading this, but pls consider changing key for Mystic Fire.

@Edit they already find out it is stupid, and changed it on KR version, wonder when we will get this fix...

http://www.freedomplays.com/blade-soul-kr-soulburn-awakened-skill-changes/

I have a better idea.... How about they let us move the skills anywhere we *cricket*ing want on the toolbar... Then we wouldn't have this stupid ass problem to begin with.

Call me captain obvious and all.

God forbid it makes doing combos easier and all, instead of being at the mercy of the Korean ideology for game play.  Last time I checked MMO's weren't Street Fighter.

23 minutes ago, Kryzz said:

+1 for key change

I've actually had to stop using the restrain skill even though it does so much damage because I need the 3.

It needs to be on a button that usually activates a skill that has no cooldown.

untill they change it from 3 , count 5 uses from the begining of the restrain, that way you will use the whole restrain time, and stop pressing teh 3 key before the 5th that way you wont accidentally use beam, its the most unconfortable but at least youll deal more damage

This is some serious flaw in the skill design I'd love to know if any dev has read this to at least have the hope that this will be addressed in the forthcoming patches. If so please comment, some feedback wont hurt.

• 2 weeks later...

Just keep posting this was a dumb idea! 

Actually  the Dev ,who is responsible for FM, is totally anti-FM or kind of "no-idea-at-all" type person.  I start getting tired of this nonsense changing of the game for FMs! 6 Months ago it was the best PvE support char , now it is ...... ( fill in the blank) 

5 hours ago, Codum said:

Just keep posting this was a dumb idea! 

Actually  the Dev ,who is responsible for FM, is totally anti-FM or kind of "no-idea-at-all" type person.  I start getting tired of this nonsense changing of the game for FMs! 6 Months ago it was the best PvE support char , now it is ...... ( fill in the blank) 

Yeah i totally aggree. FM seems to get so much hate - no buffs at all while the "tank" now easily outdamage the so called dmg-dealer...

There is nothing in the game that can not be done better by any other class... kinda sad... :(

• 2 weeks later...

I've been wanting the key change too, this can be a big issue for people with not the best internet, and can really screw you over in a dungeon like Soguns second boss, when you don't have the stun for Iruga, but some of the suggestions here suggest they barely play force master.

Don't put it on LMB, because it's an easy way to switch to fire stance (say you have dragonblaze active and want to use the fire restrain).

For the love of god don't put it on F, people still need to use dragonblaze or dragonfrost before they start using their restrain skill, not to mention fire fury for the extra 9% damage.

Personally for me the most logical key would be 4, it's not like you'll need to phantom grip an already gripped target, and who is going to use the aoe grip during a retrain.

Some people will probably way that key is out of the way, and hard to press, tell me how other classes can manage it then lol.

I actually have rebound that key to R, just works better for me.

Just my opinion.

Fire buff from dragonblaze isnt that great as some people might think because fire fury is a dps loss before you will do a little more damage afterwards. F is a good choice, 2 might be even better, but F is ok. At the moment its also ok if you watch when the debuff on the boss expires. Only problem are trolling bd/destros but it seems they almost only appear in cold storage.

On 30. 9. 2016 at 3:44 PM, Zedonia said:

Fire buff from dragonblaze isnt that great as some people might think because fire fury is a dps loss before you will do a little more damage afterwards. F is a good choice, 2 might be even better, but F is ok. At the moment its also ok if you watch when the debuff on the boss expires. Only problem are trolling bd/destros but it seems they almost only appear in cold storage.

I play both destro and fm and i can tell u right now destro isnt trolling u in cold. due to boss having to do his attack it force drops him out of grab. as in u grab him but he drops after 2 secs cuz he wanna do the cc sequence. it sucks -.-

most bosses dont have this but some that do uyyyy. it irks me off as a destro cuz 1) i wasted grab (sometimes it drops right after u grab ignoring u when u try be useful to party) 2) makes me look like a noob to anyone that doesnt play destro and knows this. as fm is annoying again cuz wasted stun (skill 3) which again i get it cuz destro has similar problem with 3 skills on f key -.-'' (oh u wanted to mighty cleave? well u just dazed and grabbed at the wrong time instead 8D)

And of course no one from the staff even bothers replying to threads lol. Why do we even have a community manager? Forums always dead, only time you see a staff member say a word on forums is when a mod is closing a thread. Anyways back to topic, I really don't know how they are building/tuning FM's, I can't find the logic of putting Mystic Fire on (3) where one of the most important FM skills is and it is essential for both PvE and PvP.

Archived