Summer Trove worth it?

MasterBlaster

Is it possible to gain more from the summer trove event then say trading all the ncsoft coins in the gold exchange? Even if one does not get a gem from it? I plan to get 2k worth of ncsoft coins but only if the trove event would give me something thats overall better then just trading them in for gold. From all the folks that did the trove event so far, how was it compare to just trading your coins in for gold? Is it worth more? less?

With the amount of money everything costs in the trove this time there is no real reason to spend. They also put so many gems in it that the chance of getting the one you want is slim (I've also been told its 100g if you get a gem anyway).

with 154 keys i got mega crit which gives u all gems i picked the ruby i got another crit with a another ap gem and a total of 8 crits 1 mega crit 3 crits in a row rest was gold fuel sadly the gold exchange isnt taking a hard enough hit porbly wont untill next week which will be prime gold buying time.

i bought the first trove event keys and by that time it was worth it, then the rng got stupid, and now it just makes me laught, if you want top spend on it  i'd recomend just unlocking the 6 slots, but by no reason buy keys

NC likes to give us a slim chance on winning what we actually need, and by slim i mean 5% or less in a  sea of useless crap, so the chances are worst than what you can imagine

first trove used to give gems at a rate of 1 every 50 or if you had bad luck every 100 keys, but in between you could get pouches of 100s ss, stingers and idr what else, so you wouldnt feel like losing your money,

Now they give you:

shitty jewels that you wont be able to use if you start getting legendary stuff

naryu coins imean FFS naryu *cricket*ing coins

misty woods shitty medals ... lol

and such

but when you get lucky and get something good, itll cost you gold, so aside from suign your money to buy keys you still have to spend your hard earning gold on it

so long short story, dont buy em

11 minutes ago, kitcalie said:

With the amount of money everything costs in the trove this time there is no real reason to spend. They also put so many gems in it that the chance of getting the one you want is slim (I've also been told its 100g if you get a gem anyway).

It is indeed 100G. If you are a new player/don't have much gold on hand, be prepared to buy gold or miss out if you do find a gem.

Ugh I just want the Bruce Lee/ Kill Bill outfit and I be done with trove but my rng is garbage and I'm thinking about just waiting and hope it comes to the store. The first trove caught me by surprise and I spend way too much money on it, not trying to make that mistake again.

23 minutes ago, HawaiianDreads said:

Ugh I just want the Bruce Lee/ Kill Bill outfit and I be done with trove but my rng is garbage and I'm thinking about just waiting and hope it comes to the store. The first trove caught me by surprise and I spend way too much money on it, not trying to make that mistake again.

That outfit does indeed make my FM look like her. Totally worth it IMHO. 

FWIW new players shouldn't have those gems at the start because they are OP af at low levels. Learn the game before doing crazy upgrades.

I am literally sitting here with my credit card out and on my desk in front of me. I was prepared to spend $100 on keys if the trove gave cool stuff. Last trove event I only spent $50.

However having read this thread I wont be spending a dime.

Paying 100 gold for a gem after being lucky enough to have it appear in the trove is just stupid. It was bad enough that with the bull shit RNG you could spend 50 bucks last time around for 100 keys and maybe only see 1 gem, now having to spend 100 gold on top of the cost of keys. *cricket* NO.

Way to lose my money this time around NCsoft.

8 minutes ago, JonJonPoPong said:

I am literally sitting here with my credit card out and on my desk in front of me. I was prepared to spend $100 on keys if the trove gave cool stuff. Last trove event I only spent $50.

However having read this thread I wont be spending a dime.

Paying 100 gold for a gem after being lucky enough to have it appear in the trove is just stupid. It was bad enough that with the bull shit RNG you could spend 50 bucks last time around for 100 keys and maybe only see 1 gem, now having to spend 100 gold on top of the cost of keys. *cricket* NO.

Way to lose my money this time around NCsoft.

I'm in the exact same boat. Was waiting to get home to buy some keys tonight... Not if the stupid gems are that much, thanx but no Thanx. 

All the previous events gave gems for 10 g or for free so why on earth they made gems 10x more expensive. Makes no sense and this if nothing is going against new players as they do not even have a slight chance to get such amount of gold. Utter failure with the gem prices.

If you can get at least 100 keys at once, go for it. The sooner you play, the better, cuz gambling event has a habit to put good rate of winning at the beginning to attract gamblers, then lower it later.

If not, just be happy with one chance per day per character lv36+.

And for the gem prices, it is another gold sinker. The first Trove cost cheaper, cuz gold is not as inflated as the preset. More gold is going to be vanished through the tanking Currency Exchange. If you want to buy gold legally using Ncoin, now is the time.

Archived