Desolate Tomb with PUG Impossible?

RDKillerITA

After watching videos and reading guides for desolate tomb I have to say that PUGs (F8) will have hard times completing this dungeon without some communications before starting bosses. 

Only groups wiht knowledge about this and good communications (aka TS or some other VOIP service) it will be possible to clear this dungeon.

And I'm talking about 6-man. 4-man is another story...

So what does the community think?

PS: Sry if my english is bad

I'd say expect a lot of learning runs for the first week or so. I can only imagine how the community is going to take later instances that we're supposed to get (i.e. Midnight Skypetal Plains or the Asura v2.0 itself Ebondrake Citadel).

Each boss has some intricate patterns to them so it may take a while to clear each one. Revives don't seem to work if you fail a certain mechanic on Lord of the Flame resulting in a wipe and starting over.

To be honest, I hope Desolate Tomb teaches the community a thing or 2 about this whole over-reliance on Attack Power. Last I checked chances were slim to none on bursting down Twisted Dokumo in time if you're running less than 2 parties and that boss has only about 70% the HP Lord of the Flame has. Trying to skip anything on that boss will pretty much be a waste of time even if we have that 9 minute enrage timer.

It's true you'll need some degree of gear and a high Hongmoon level just for 6-man but there's a difference between properly geared and faceroll-grade geared.

15 hours ago, Arcsine said:

I'd say expect a lot of learning runs for the first week or so. I can only imagine how the community is going to take later instances that we're supposed to get (i.e. Midnight Skypetal Plains or the Asura v2.0 itself Ebondrake Citadel).

Each boss has some intricate patterns to them so it may take a while to clear each one. Revives don't seem to work if you fail a certain mechanic on Lord of the Flame resulting in a wipe and starting over.

To be honest, I hope Desolate Tomb teaches the community a thing or 2 about this whole over-reliance on Attack Power. Last I checked chances were slim to none on bursting down Twisted Dokumo in time if you're running less than 2 parties and that boss has only about 70% the HP Lord of the Flame has. Trying to skip anything on that boss will pretty much be a waste of time even if we have that 9 minute enrage timer.

It's true you'll need some degree of gear and a high Hongmoon level just for 6-man but there's a difference between properly geared and faceroll-grade geared.

No it's not.. I just a pug group and this one ass would not stop spamming that 577 was to low and to get out of the PT.. they had already failed a number of times by the sounds of it. No this is just going to be another where if you aren't 700 AP you're going to get kicked out.

1 hour ago, DirectorTseng said:

No it's not.. I just a pug group and this one ass would not stop spamming that 577 was to low and to get out of the PT.. they had already failed a number of times by the sounds of it. No this is just going to be another where if you aren't 700 AP you're going to get kicked out.

They're obviously not doing it right then. Some clanmates of mine formed a party for 4-man Tomb and it took them 12 hours just to beat a single run.

For the record, all of them were 700+ in Attack Power, the reason they kept failing was because mechanics require perfection, there are no second chances against Lord of the Flame if one player dies mid-fight.

If 4 people that had every advantage to party formation and communication needed that long to learn the mechanics, the AP elitists in cross server might as well quit the game right now, dungeons are only going to get harder from now on and not in the sense of simply needing more raw DPS. The community's mindset of recklessly burning down bosses needs to stop whether they want to or not.

DPS down Lord of Flame? If i did see right in some videos he has over 63 mil HP and that was on other regions. If I'm recalling right our regions have bosses with more hp. Good luck than with killing him without using mechanics.

If the mechanics are not done right or someone dies, it is a wipe.

Now lets see how the elitist in F8 will be doing now that ap is not so important than knowledge about this dungeon.

17 hours ago, Arcsine said:

Watch brainless pugs run without a Sin/Sum for Ebondrake Citadel and Hell Blast Furnace. They are 100% required to have in those dungeons.

Infernal Lord 5.0 is no laughing matter if he leaves you dead dead. Unless you have a Summoner who can cast Helping Paw on others, there's no means of recovering from a single death. I really do hope that people realize AP means absolutely nothing compared to mechanics, but given the previous dungeons I kind of have my doubts...

18 minutes ago, RDKillerITA said:

DPS down Lord of Flame? If i did see right in some videos he has over 63 mil HP and that was on other regions. If I'm recalling right our regions have bosses with more hp. Good luck than with killing him without using mechanics.

If the mechanics are not done right or someone dies, it is a wipe.

Now lets see how the elitist in F8 will be doing now that ap is not so important than knowledge about this dungeon.

60~ million is actually China only. Everywhere else, including our version, has 42 million HP on Infernal Lord 5.0.

4 hours ago, RDKillerITA said:

Ah ok my fault than but it this high enough that down dpsing is not possible without mechanics.

clearly impossible.

---

Well i pugged some Deso run. Jang Gibu is quite simple in my view ... The spike appears at 2nd boss  The iron.

Our party haven't managed to properly clear it.  and i found it's kinda bit difficult to time when to activate shield and baiting.. who will bait the rocket and who will bait for lightning balls.

i got KO'ed by laser several times and fail to throw on time. ;w;

Keep in mind that from Desolate Tomb onward, these kind of Dungeons will have this new mechanic called "Marking".

Beware... It goes on from Desolate Tomb to Ebondrake Citadel to Hell Furnace to Naryu Sanctum. Good luck.

So yeah. Elitist, here's a big f you.

5 hours ago, JoannaRamira said:

Well i pugged some Deso run. Jang Gibu is quite simple in my view ... The spike appears at 2nd boss  The iron.

Our party haven't managed to properly clear it.  and i found it's kinda bit difficult to time when to activate shield and baiting.. who will bait the rocket and who will bait for lightning balls.

It's really not that hard. Any shieldless baiter needs to slowly make their way back so a shield person can get the mark for the lightning balls. The missiles, lightning balls, and laser are all different targeting.

52 minutes ago, DannyMayCry said:

Keep in mind that from Desolate Tomb onward, these kind of Dungeons will have this new mechanic called "Marking".

Beware... It goes on from Desolate Tomb to Ebondrake Citadel to Hell Furnace to Naryu Sanctum. Good luck.

So yeah. Elitist, here's a big f you.

We've always had this mechanic since Sogun's Lament. Marking isn't new.

15 hours ago, JoannaRamira said:

clearly impossible.

First boss is actually harder than the 2nd boss, due to how hard the AOE hits you and also the wives are quite painful.

2nd boss is simple, the one baiting the missiles should always be the furthest first and while the boss is shooting missiles at him the first shield bearer should already be heading up the stairs, this ensure that once the missiles end the first shield bearer is already the furthest target and become the next bait. Move down the stairs while blocking the lightning ball, there is a bit of delay so wait 1s before blocking after the boss shoots out the lightning ball. By the 3rd charge you should be already down the stairs and ready to throw the shield.

Now this part is important, while the first shield bearer is blocking the first lightning ball and moving down the stairs the 2nd shield bearer should already be heading up, it's best that the 1st shield bearer when going down the stairs he heads toward his left, while the 2nd shield bearer when going up heads toward his left as well, so that the laser before the 2nd set of lightning balls doesn't hit the 1st shield bearer. For 2nd shield bearer, to avoid getting hit by the laser simply stick close to the door, it won't reach you, 2 lasers then start moving down to block the lightning balls, then throw and you are done. 

It's important to assign who does the missiles role and who does the shield roles, the main agro holder should always take the shield, it does a lot of damage and if the main agro holder doesn't do the shield he will lose agro.

If you know the mechanics, it's actually not that hard of a dungeon (for 6 man anyway) maybe because I'm FM lol.

Also, whenever I ask for people that know the dungeon, I get people that don't know when to sheath or how to tank. It's incredibly frustrating. If they're willing to learn it's fine, but if they ignore me and repeat their mistakes, it's infuriating.

ofc. everyone knew this would happen. this is the same cross-server where 4 mans crumble over the "too complicated" mechanics of the first masts boss. if anything requires a brain, you need to be in a premade group with people you know.

Blame all the mat prices crashing. now u can farm 700AP+ in like a week from starting fresh.

1 hour ago, Jackiesaysya said:

ofc. everyone knew this would happen. this is the same cross-server where 4 mans crumble over the "too complicated" mechanics of the first masts boss. if anything requires a brain, you need to be in a premade group with people you know.

Blame all the mat prices crashing. now u can farm 700AP+ in like a week from starting fresh.

May I ask how? If the mats have become cheaper doesn't it mean that our income has been cut short too? 

After doing some runs now I can tell you that its not being guild or using F8 or whatever. Its the people as always. I have 10+ successfully runs now (all via F8 only communicating by chat) and I can tell you: If your group fails, its because the people dont know what to do. Some people just dont get simple mechanics after an hour of explanations while others run with you trought the whole dungeon in less than 30 minutes. The dungeon isnt harder than the previous ones, at least in 6 man, people just have to know what to do. Unfortunately its pretty hard here to explain everything when the other guy has absolutely no idea.

3 hours ago, Raizou said:

Are there any new requirements except: 550+ AP, 120%+ Accuracy, 50%+ Crit and 200%+ Crit dmg?

Thats more than enough for 6 man if you dont want the 3:30 min. achievement (there you really need damage).

4 hours ago, Zedonia said:

After doing some runs now I can tell you that its not being guild or using F8 or whatever. Its the people as always. I have 10+ successfully runs now (all via F8 only communicating by chat) and I can tell you: If your group fails, its because the people dont know what to do. Some people just dont get simple mechanics after an hour of explanations while others run with you trought the whole dungeon in less than 30 minutes. The dungeon isnt harder than the previous ones, at least in 6 man, people just have to know what to do. Unfortunately its pretty hard here to explain everything when the other guy has absolutely no idea.

Yeah, I really don't like encountering people that don't talk. If they don't talk, I would predict that we'd fail, and so far I am right 5/5 times. I have yet to find a 6 man that can successfully complete the dungeon. If only they'd talk and ask questions on the mechanics that I can at least have some confidence in my party. I wish I was able to find competent parties like you haha.

Archived