Disturbing new change - summoner no longer has double kd

dklm

In patch notes it says:

Beckon (E)

• Beckon (Tier 3 Stage 2) can no longer apply Knockdown as a Joint Attack.

So effective Aug 24, 2016 summoner can no longer double knockdown, unless you have unlocked the HM skill.   

Basically it means summoners are useless in Sogun's Lament during the Aruga shadows phase.  If you have three green dragons, well haha too bad i guess.

i still fail to see the point.. yes he's complaining about getting the HM skill.. but if you compare summoner to the other classes.. summoners dont really need many
HM skills, hm LB &RB r basic.. you dont really need anything else.. other classes r more dependent on HM skills.. so this dude should stop being lazy and complaining.

This is why I got the HM skill when I saw the KR patch notes back in June.

But, it's true our Thorn Strike 2 now has a path with a kd which can be used as joint attack, you can spec it for damage, healing, daze or kd. If you want double daze and double kd, you'll need the HM skill for anklebiter.

Also to add. That knockdown from summoner's beckon was actually more annoying than useful (as a joint knockdown). A lot of dumb summoners would recall their cat and accidentally apply the knockdown when we're supposed to let's say double cc yeti during heat phase. I saw it happen a lot. =-=" I get that it's an accident and low level summoners want to maintain their cat and keep it alive in yeti, but damn. blocking my double daze with that knockdown is so uncool. A lot of summoners also never really applied a double knockdown using beckon plus ankle biter because the animation is kinda long imo and you have to face your cat the right direction. It only works well with really fat bosses and you've have to be a sum used to being in melee range or attempting to dive in melee range to do it. 

It was also annoying in regards as an iframe. I would iframe an attack as a tank sum with my beckon and it'd apply a knockdown because his cc gates just opened. and im like GAHHH. coulda cc'd him. no big deal, but a bit annoying. And I could complete the cc but some bosses/minibosses have knockdown recoil. :l 

Lastly, the things everyone else mentioned is true. We have so much knockdown now. I already have the bomb x2 hm knockdown so having beckon still be a knockdown is redundant after you've got the hm. It may take awhile to get it, but you'll eventually get it and beckon knockdown will start to annoy you. 

It's also pretty stupid to waste your beckon iframe because you wanna complete a knockdown joint atk. That would rarely be my priotiy. maybe at irugas shadows, but still.. we now have thorn knockdown spec to help with that.

On 24/08/2016 at 6:16 PM, kitcalie said:

if you change Thorn Strike to KD instead of Daze you can double kd but not double daze. In Asura would be worth it though. Granted then you wouldn't have the second heal =/

Better no heal to ensure getting rid of Iruga's Shadows fast than risking a wipe for extra healing. Don't get me started on how many wipes I got on Iruga because people failed to CC the shadows properly. I've got more fails in there than in Ken&Gen because of it.

Archived