Forums

About Skill changes?

So when they say you can't apply a stun, daze, knock down as Joint attack with a certain skill, does that mean you can CC with those skills still but only you can apply the 2 cc points yourself to control the boss, or they remove the effect of the cc entirely?

This change is weird, but I assume its so you need certain classes to do double cc while others are good for other stuff, like healing, buffing, tanking? I know for a fact Fm's have double of everything and they didn't seem to remove any of it in the skill patch so I guess FM's will be good for that.

4 hours ago, Bumblebee said:

What they mean is that skill can stun, kd, daze everything that doesnt require more then 1. So when the boss needs two cc you cant use that skill as one. Aka joint attack. C:

Basiclly that skill doesnt count on bosses anymore for cc.

So you saying I can't string Swift Step and Shadow Slash together to knock the boss down righ, and that only one will count, or none countt?

1 hour ago, Serbine said:

So you saying I can't string Swift Step and Shadow Slash together to knock the boss down righ, and that only one will count, or none countt?

Spinal Tab and Swiftstep will be double cc's and the only skills you can cc a boss with, all other skills won't apply cc on bosses anymore. So you have double stun and either double daze or kd now just like fm.

Only thing that bothers me is that u need to be cautious in pve not to use ur lmb anymore to reduce cooldown of shadow drain and get 30secs cd on double stun...

Everything else require a lil bit of respecing. Only the removal of the party save decoy tree and putting it back to stage 1 tier 4 is a bit unusual and forces u to put one more point into decoy... Hope it adds up with savings elsewhere... dont have any spare points oO Still need HM 13 to fully spec decoy... all the other changes are just sth u need to get used to... Its not that bad that we get native double cc's even tho it makes a combo class like sin less combo heavy which is sad. But still for sins its a nice change and maybe u find more good sins after this patch...

Edited by Reeko1

I love the overall sin-changes... got me bit confused bout the joint attacks that almost everything been removed from bein able joint attack lol

I will need see the skill changes with myown eyes to see if need respect lots of just have slight changes..

I need hm10+ to get all the stuffiz and skills needed to be really good on my sin xD still need 2 or 3 more hm skills to get... 

I'm actually very excited bout the changes but it will also cause some confusion with some of the other classes since some of us will need either respec for joint or use our skills bit more carefully after patch.

14 hours ago, Serbine said:

So when they say you can't apply a stun, daze, knock down as Joint attack with a certain skill, does that mean you can CC with those skills still but only you can apply the 2 cc points yourself to control the boss, or they remove the effect of the cc entirely?

It means that they won't work on targets that have two or more bars of CC, but they will still work on targets that don't have any.

Example:

• Mushin has no CC bars. Everything that applies Stun, Daze, or Knockdown will work against him.
  • Stalker Jiangshi has two CC bars. Anything that says "Cannot apply joint Stun, Daze, or Knockdown", which is what was tagged onto almost every of our CC skills, won't do anything to it. Our Lightning Stride Badge has this effect.
9 hours ago, Serbine said:

Shadow Slash no longer does anything to bosses, period.

Your only Joint CC skills are now Spinal Tap Stage 1 and Swiftstep. This means they apply 2x CC, meaning they require one button input and the boss is instantly Stunned/Dazed/Knocked down, instead of multiple inputs.

13 hours ago, BirdSpirit said:

The tooltip in game is going to tell us that a skill can't be used for joint anymore right?

Rip all my sin cc for yeti tho.

Spinal Tap and Swiftstep are joints. All you do is tap them and Yeti is instantly Stunned/Dazed, done.

7 hours ago, PKaBoo said:

those changes are weird for sin :\

but I'm sure I'll get used to them as it was getting tiresome and weird even to change spec every time just for joint attack the bosses :\

It's a very welcome change, because all you have to do is Stealth -> LMB Spinal Tap just for 2 Stuns, and 2 Decoy -> F Swifstep or SS Backstep -> F Shadowslip -> F Swifstep for 2 Dazes or Knockdowns. It's no longer complicated combinations like Spinal Tap -> Lotus Kick/Sidewinder/Bolt Strike, Cyclone Sweep -> Sneak Attack/Swifstep, or Landmine -> Landmine Detonate -> Shadow Slash. As thus we no longer need to sacrifice core skills just to apply CC.

6 hours ago, Reeko1 said:

Everything else require a lil bit of respecing. Only the removal of the party save decoy tree and putting it back to stage 1 tier 4 is a bit unusual and forces u to put one more point into decoy... Hope it adds up with savings elsewhere... dont have any spare points oO Still need HM 13 to fully spec decoy... all the other changes are just sth u need to get used to... Its not that bad that we get native double cc's even tho it makes a combo class like sin less combo heavy which is said. But still for sins its a nice change and maybe u find more good sins after this patch...

No, Decoy still uses 5 points at most. They removed the Tier 2 HP Barrier which was basically useless, shifted the self-heal one stage upward, and added the Party Protect in Tier 4.

Before:

1. 4 Focus Regen
  2. Nothing
  3. HP Barrier | Party Protect | Enemy Focus Cut
  4. 2% Self Healing | Party Protect Healing | 2 sec Daze
  5. 2 sec iframe on successful counter | Additional Party Protect Iframe | 2 sec Blind

After:

1. 4 Focus Regen
  2. Nothing
  3. 2% Self Healing | Enemy Focus Cut | No Stage 3
  4. Party Protect Stage 2 tree | 2 sec Daze | No Stage 3
  5. 2 sec iframe on successful counter | 2 sec Blind | No stage 3

Double CC of multiple inputs was very difficult and mindboggling to perform. Spinal Tap, Bolt Strike, and Cyclone Sweep needs us in stealth and bosses like Iruga render most of our stealth entries ineffective, Lotus Kick needs the target's back or poisoned, Swiftstep needs Shadowslip which is quite slow or Decoy which if used in a damage rotation might accidentally trigger Dark Strike instead, Sidewinder has a very long cooldown, Shadow Slash loses Venom Slash, and Landmine loses Set Landmine.

Edited by Shadovvv
3 minutes ago, Reeko1 said:

Yeah but u now try to disagree and proof what i just said... atm I need 2 skill points for the party protect as it is on t3. After patch I have to go down to T4 so thats one T4 deeper and thus 1 Skillpoint more that will be consumed along the road.

Are you saying you're not using Tier 5, the 2 second iframe? There's absolutely no reason for you not to use it at all, and you pretty much don't stand a chance in most endgame content without it.

Edited by Shadovvv

Yeah but u now try to disagree and proof what i just said... atm I need 2 skill points for the party protect as it is on t3. After patch I have to go down to T4 so thats one T4 deeper and thus 1 Skillpoint more that will be consumed along the road. And for the CC part yeah its easier to cc right now and u are not forced to combo cc anymore. It could be a pain the arse sometimes but still combos is what made the sin special. I dont see why everything needs to be simple u know. In the long run it safes respecing and and a bit of time but its not as special as it used to be.

But overall i look forward to the patch as it kinda needs u to get used to new stuff which is intereting. Dont have anything against the ability to induce 2xcc its just not as appealing as it was before :P

11 minutes ago, Shadovvv said:

It's a very welcome change, because all you have to do is Stealth -> LMB Spinal Tap just for 2 Stuns, and 2 Decoy -> F Swifstep or SS Backstep -> F Shadowslip -> F Swifstep for 2 Dazes or Knockdowns. It's no longer complicated combinations like Spinal Tap -> Lotus Kick/Sidewinder/Bolt Strike, Cyclone Sweep -> Sneak Attack/Swifstep, or Landmine -> Landmine Detonate -> Shadow Slash. As thus we no longer need to sacrifice core skills just to apply CC.

that's pretty much what I said.. it was a big headache to perform a joint attack as a sin coz you need respec to perform certain CC stage..

now it prolly gonna be much more simple lol

can't wait test all the new changes either on mobs/bosses and players/friends lolz :D

was just talking with my friend bout the skill changes ... I didn't know we're getting them this patch O_O

he might want (hopefully not lol) go back to his force master after the change <.< he's currently maining a chi master ._.

Wait a second,

Lightning Bolt (3) - Stun
Shadow Slash (3) - Knockdown
Lightning Rod (4) - Stun

If you can't use these CC skills anymore, that means we have only Swiftstep (F) which is either Knockdown or Stun, and Spinal Tap (LMB) - Stun to CC. Why would they do such thing? Some other classes still have 3 double CC's like summoner.

2 minutes ago, InstantDeath said:

Wait a second,

Lightning Bolt (3) - Stun
Shadow Slash (3) - Knockdown
Lightning Rod (4) - Stun

If you can't use these CC skills anymore, that means we have only Swiftstep (F) which is either Knockdown or Stun, and Spinal Tap (LMB) - Stun to CC. Why would they do such thing? Some other classes still have 3 double CC's like summoner.

Not anymore they don't, they lose Beckon as their double CC knockdown. Also, FM can only have double stun and double daze or knockdown.

1 hour ago, Shadovvv said:

Not anymore they don't, they lose Beckon as their double CC knockdown. Also, FM can only have double stun and double daze or knockdown.

Thanks for the reply, i don't know about their skills, i just searched if they had ''no joint attack'' :)

1 hour ago, Shadovvv said:

Actually we have HM anklebiter and HM Bomb as double KD so loosing it on beckon doesnt do anything since if you have the other HM skills you barely even use this one. We can still double stun, daze, kd and knockback.

Edited by Grimoir
14 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

Actually we have HM anklebiter and HM Bomb as double KD so loosing it on beckon doesnt do anything since if you have the other HM skills you barely even use this one. We can still double stun, daze, kd and knockback.

Yes, I know, I never said they completely lose knockdown. InstantDeath said they had 3 double CC joints, but they don't anymore with Beckon losing it.

They probably added more double CCs and removed joint attack from some single CCs because later bosses will need 4 CCs.

It can be pretty chaotic if you try to stack 4 single CCs...

Edited by Slyce
4 hours ago, Slyce said:

They probably added more double CCs and removed joint attack from some single CCs because later bosses will need 4 CCs.

It can be pretty chaotic if you try to stack 4 single CCs...

It's more party coordination than anything. That being said, pre-patch is already painful enough for Sins to put up even two CCs.

Edited by Shadovvv