What happened to esports?

Taybat

We were promised that na/eu were going to try to get in the esports tournaments. But it appears not. I'm really disappointed. Even though I quite the game due to my laptop not being able to handle it. I was looking forward to the news of na/eu competing.

What happened?

Not much motivation to pvp unless you like p2w. The arena seems nice in that its more normalized. But I still feel a normalized BG system would be more enjoyable. That being said, this game is hard on the graphics card when you have so many players and magical abilities flying around. It can get pretty graphically intensive.

37 minutes ago, Napping said:

As for lags, nah, I don't experience it often, maybe twice a months but just in an instant.

Well aren't you fortunate.

Unfortunatley a vast majority do. I live in the US, (NA East), and I get upto 150 ping at worse, (1-3 second skill activation delay while trying to play KFM is fun!) Every single other game or server I connect to hosted Central US including Texas returns a ping of no more than 50. Alas not this one. Guess its my fault though. Anyways all one has to do is browse through the forums to see daily requests to fix the ridiculous server side latency issues that have been progressively getting worse since January.

Instead all we've gotten in reply is, (oh contact our ISP.)

Laughable. 

30 minutes ago, Mortal Kombat said:

Well aren't you fortunate.

Unfortunatley a vast majority do. I live in the US, (NA East), and I get upto 150 ping at worse, (1-3 second skill activation delay while trying to play KFM is fun!) Every single other game or server I connect to hosted Central US including Texas returns a ping of no more than 50. Alas not this one. Guess its my fault though. Anyways all one has to do is browse through the forums to see daily requests to fix the ridiculous server side latency issues that have been progressively getting worse since January.

Instead all we've gotten in reply is, (oh contact our ISP.)

Laughable. 

150 ping AT [WORST] and you're complaining? wth

Is this the number displayed in game on top the screen?

12 minutes ago, Napping said:

150 ping is laughably bad, especially considering that connecting to West Coast NA servers, (Seattle),  usually yields around 80 to100. How is it remotely possible for me to get worse results connecting to Central/Texas servers?

With gameplay as reliant on good ping as this one random 1-3 second skill delay is game changing.

7 minutes ago, Mortal Kombat said:

150 ping is laughably bad, especially considering that connecting to West Coast NA servers, (Seattle),  usually yields around 80 to100. How is it remotely possible for me to get worse results connecting to Central/Texas servers?

With gameplay as reliant on good ping as this one random 1-3 second skill delay is game changing.

Is that the number displayed in game on top the screen? And you said it's AT WORST; so I guess your normal ping should be good.

That 1-3s delay must be exaggerated. The number displayed in game on top of my screen fluctuates around 75-140ms, and I play just fine (with SIN and BM).

I play in NYC with an average of 120 ping (fios 60/60) and also main kfm so the delays hurt more than other classes. I recently tried mudfish and it has dropped the ping down to about ~60 and it has been pretty steady.  

2 minutes ago, Napping said:

Is that the number displayed in game on top the screen? And you said it's AT WORST; so I guess your normal ping should be good.

I shouldnt of said at worst, more like on at best average. At worse it can reach roughly 500ms. No that number on top of the screen isnt ping, I dunno what that is tbh. But if you pay close attention to it, it fluctuates wildly upon rapid skill activation.

No I use This method. Just now logged over a span of just over 10 minutes. It ranged from min 62ms, to max 485ms. 

Those kinds of latency spikes cause havoc. If it was just a steady 100-110ms I could deal with it. Even 150ms to a lesser degree.

lol

On 23/08/2016 at 6:51 PM, Napping said:

That 1-3s delay must be exaggerated. The number displayed in game on top of my screen fluctuates around 75-140ms, and I play just fine (with SIN and BM).

When casual and fanboy clashes becoming the biggest pile of trash ever said on a game forum

Even 75ms is garbage if you're trying to perform fast combos or escaping CC that requires fast reaction time which you just can't have with servers like bns's and that is why even if optimization, hack and spectator mode problems ever get fixed, NA/EU would still not be fit for e-sports because you can't play competitevely on horrible conditions such as these. 

I honestly doubt this game will ever improve any of it's bad aspects because, i believe, the devs simply do not care. 

On 8/23/2016 at 1:34 PM, Napping said:

For this game, you need < 25ms to even get a fair chance to learn and play the classes as they are meant to be played.

Watch this video and see the differences for yourself. When I was playing in TW/CN, my ping was around ~200 (TW) and ~250 (CN) and I was barely able to play FM, nvm KFM compared to my ~45ms ping in NA.

ESports? Unless the players get < 50ms in NA/EU, most of the players will never get a chance to experience/develop the necessary quick reaction time they will face.

20 hours ago, cokaine said:

lol

When casual and fanboy clashes becoming the biggest pile of trash ever said on a game forum

Even 75ms is garbage if you're trying to perform fast combos or escaping CC that requires fast reaction time which you just can't have with servers like bns's and that is why even if optimization, hack and spectator mode problems ever get fixed, NA/EU would still not be fit for e-sports because you can't play competitevely on horrible conditions such as these. 

I honestly doubt this game will ever improve any of it's bad aspects because, i believe, the devs simply do not care. 

Dude, hold your horses, that number on top the screen is not ping, as I've recently found out.

16 hours ago, AttacKat said:

For this game, you need < 25ms to even get a fair chance to learn and play the classes as they are meant to be played.

Watch this video and see the differences for yourself. When I was playing in TW/CN, my ping was around ~200 (TW) and ~250 (CN) and I was barely able to play FM, nvm KFM compared to my ~45ms ping in NA.

ESports? Unless the players get < 50ms in NA/EU, most of the players will never get a chance to experience/develop the necessary quick reaction time they will face.

The left side looks like what I have.

Archived