Need advice regarding Freezing Twin Cobra

studioMagicalFox

I am having a very difficult time getting the skill Freezing Twin Cobra (1/1) to go off. My level is currently 27. I have two points in Elbow Smash. My understanding is that in Martial Stance my basic attack rotation should be 1/1 (Freezing Twin Cobra), LMB (Straight Jab), RMB (Cobalt Punch), F (Iron Shoulder or Howling Blast) then repeat. I understand that Freezing Twin Cobra is supposed to be one of my best iFrames. In practice, say for example during the Blackram Narrows boss fights, I am never able to get Freezing Twin Cobra to execute. I spam the 1 key, never to any effect. So what I have been doing is tapping the E and Q iFrames during my attack rotation to step around the boss. I alternate LMB and RMB and spam F when it appears, occasionally firing off 4 (Leg Sweep). When necessary, like before a boss does aoe, I will SS (Backstep) then switch stances and use ranged attacks. My net connection is very fast (1Gb/s) and I have never experienced anything that seems like lag. I am not sure what my ping is (not sure how to check it) but that is most likely not my problem here. What am I doing wrong such that I can't get FTC to work for me? What should I be doing? Am I on the right track as far as playing my Soul Fighter correctly. I would appreciate any advice or feedback regarding this and how I can optimize my rotation. Also, below is my current build. Feedback on it would also be welcomed.

[(points)Skill-Form&Tier] --> (2)Straight Jab-F1T2/(4)Cobalt Punch-F1T4/(2)Elbow Smash-F1T3/(1)Second Wind-F1T1/(1)Backstep-F1T1/(2)Iron Shoulder-F1T2/(1)KingFist-F1T1

over the next few levels I plan to put 3 points into Focus Chi-F1T3 and 2 more points into KingFist-F2T2.

This is a counter ability so you need to time the attack to counter the enemy attack. When he is casting say an aoe circle on the ground you wait till the end right before it goes off to hit your 1 key. The counter is very brief so timing is everything. If you do this you get 1 chi level.

Yes and later boss fights will last longer so you can get stacks up and use it more regularly. For leveling I would recommend using the first tree though since you can time it and it will freeze mobs and if you hit 1 again it will port you behind the mob. So you have a frozen mob and free dps for 5 secs or so. Also the cooldown is 3 secs instead of 9 so you can practice the timing better with this skill. You are welcome

Archived