Forums

High Expectations

CrimsonKitsune

I have high hopes that the games update this wednesday will ease some of the problems the majority of players are having although it will not fix all. I do still have an inkling that true to their nature BNS will some how through this update make things worse for people so I'll list off my expectations and see what ya'll opinion are. Please note that will respond to posts that I deem to need a response to (I have a life too people).

1. Weapon reduction doesn't create a new problem that is bigger or equal to the current weapon problem we have now.
2. The tomb dungeon doesn't inspire people to take even more liberties with their ap requirements.
3. Brings easier ways to get moonstones.
4. Fosters unity to this far gone toxic community.
5. Makes a viable way for people to farm reasonably.

I hope this patch helps because I can just imagine the blow back from the community if this fails, especially since other mmos are coming out this year. This game at its current state can't afford to take chances. 

1 minute ago, Lunakitty said:

1. If they add the refining stones for bidding it will cause them to be really wanted and people bid high price for them especially main characters with HM10+ since they are account bound so you can expect them to be pretty expensive. No one yet knows if the weapon boxes will be dropped from box loots or are they for bidding also like the weapon box in Tainted Lab. If they are bidded you can imagine the bid war those will cause.

2. Most likely AP requirements for premade parties will be 550-650 from now on.

3. If I recall correctly they were planning to add more moonstones into pvp content.

4. Pretty much this won't change. Once toxic community will always be toxic community. There will always be the rotten apples ruining other people's gaming experiences. Pretty sure it will only get worse. I fear that the DPS meter will somehow shoot back against the community by making things even worse. If you see only three best DPSers and it is only for 4-man bosses (and Mushin's Tower) it's pretty sure who the last one is.

5. They only added high level dungeon with more hard mechanics and wipe possibilities. Pretty much all the things for lower levels will unfortunately stay the same.

Now that is a well reasoned out argument, I hope some things don't happen because it'll be bad for community 

1. If they add the refining stones for bidding it will cause them to be really wanted and people bid high price for them especially main characters with HM10+ since they are account bound so you can expect them to be pretty expensive. No one yet knows if the weapon boxes will be dropped from box loots or are they for bidding also like the weapon box in Tainted Lab. If they are bidded you can imagine the bid war those will cause.

2. Most likely AP requirements for premade parties will be 550-650 from now on.

3. If I recall correctly they were planning to add more moonstones into pvp content.

4. Pretty much this won't change. Once toxic community will always be toxic community. There will always be the rotten apples ruining other people's gaming experiences. Pretty sure it will only get worse. I fear that the DPS meter will somehow shoot back against the community by making things even worse. If you see only three best DPSers and it is only for 4-man bosses (and Mushin's Tower) it's pretty sure who the last one is.

5. They only added high level dungeon with more hard mechanics and wipe possibilities. Pretty much all the things for lower levels will unfortunately stay the same.

Didnt they say already that the dps meter will be only for the 4man. And seriously, for some things there is no way to satisfy everyone. I remember posts months ago where a lot of people were asking for the dps meter and noone was objecting..

I don't have any expectations.This game is getting more laggy and bad optimised each patch.And the pvp for moonstones in Whirlwind...no ty. I would go there ,if would be gear equalised. Why they don't make this optional so one can go for the equalised side and the ones that want it non equalised to opt for it ...Whirlwind is a big disapointment for me ,I don't like it at all.They should add different maps also .I would re make all this Whirwind ,its really bad.

I'll stick with Naksun,he seems to like me ,kappa.

1 hour ago, CrimsonKitsune said:

There's no enjoyable endgame content in BnS. Easier it gets, faster you'll get bored. How do i know that? I have maxed my items ( currently 705 ap ) two months ago when moonstones were 5,5g and stingers were 3,2g each and i haven't logged in since then. You'll see what i mean in 2-3 months. 

1 hour ago, InstantDeath said:

There's no enjoyable endgame content in BnS. Easier it gets, faster you'll get bored. How do i know that? I have maxed my items ( currently 705 ap ) two months ago when moonstones were 5,5g and stingers were 3,2g each and i haven't logged in since then. You'll see what i mean in 2-3 months. 

Quit two months ago, still on the forums though complaining about the game?

7 hours ago, InstantDeath said:

And how many quit because of gear grind? 10000?

19 minutes ago, Shukran said:

players quitting because of grinding in a MMO?  how cute!

players, ehm..wallet warriors bored because they get max stuff few hours/days after content released? how cute!

tell me more , please.

You forgot players quitting because game 2 hard.

15 hours ago, Pulmi said:

Didnt they say already that the dps meter will be only for the 4man. And seriously, for some things there is no way to satisfy everyone. I remember posts months ago where a lot of people were asking for the dps meter and noone was objecting..

The DPS meter is a good tool to check and gauge your skill rotation or which skill set build is better than which AND best used when it is for personal use, mean only you can see your own DPS meter.

Meanwhile, we are given a group DPS meter, which is really bad given the amount of toxic this community has become. 

17 hours ago, CrimsonKitsune said:

-. Weapon reduction doesn't create a new problem that is bigger or equal to the current weapon problem we have now.
2. The tomb dungeon doesn't inspire people to take even more liberties with their ap requirements.
4. Fosters unity to this far gone toxic community.
5. Makes a viable way for people to farm reasonably.

1) There will be no problem for the 30% reduction. For the 50% it depends how the stones and weapons have to be aquired.

2) You can be pretty sure it wil inspire ppl to set up high ap-requirements. Not because they are needed - but because ppl can auqire ap more easily and there is no other way to check the skills of ppl.

3) I think you get them pretty easy atm - just look at the market price drop.

4) Toxic stays toxic...

5) This eiter means to increase daly quest rewards or make a prouct rare (what you do not wish for - as you said it for point 3 - moonstones where the stuff most players farmed...)

Moonstone will always be an issue until NCsoft decided to implement another faction contested territory (I wont be telling the area name). It is quite similar with Soulstone Plains with exception of :- 

1. You CANT hop into another channel. Only way is to re-login.

4. You CAN NEITHER invite NOR be invited by someone for a party outside of the area or even different channel. You can only make party with another inside the same channel.

5. Special Key will always drop as long as you can get the loot. Given that the channel is locked and cannot be overloaded, chance to get the loot are relatively higher compared to that Grindtooth.

Hmm.  A few quick thoughts.  I think in general the OP and responses are good.  We will see what the patch will actually mean in practice.  But one other thing to think about especially for those that believe the end of the game is near.

This game is 4 years old.  In that time it has become NCsoft's second best selling MMO behind only Linage.  Regionally, EU/NA finally launched the game this year and while heavily anticipated in EU/NA there was barely any marketing or advertising of the game.  The reason it came late and it is not heavily promoted?  The core of the profit and success of BnS comes from other regions.  EU/NA is just icing on a huge cake of money.

The result is that this game will be around for quite awhile despite whatever might be offered by other MMOs.  It doesn't matter how BnS does against, WoW or SWTOR etc. etc.  The driving force isn't existing competition in NA or EU.  The driving force is and will continue to be how the game fairs in Kor, Japan, and China.

So relax and enjoy.  Players come and go in MMOs these days.  This patch will not save BnS.  BnS doesn't need saving.

3 hours ago, JatoJato said:

3) I think you get them pretty easy atm - just look at the market price drop.

LOL its still to hard to get them its too difficult at the moment all methods for low level to get them are hidden behind ap wall and mushins tower.

2 hours ago, Yolie said:

The result is that this game will be around for quite awhile despite whatever might be offered by other MMOs.  It doesn't matter how BnS does against, WoW or SWTOR etc. etc.  The driving force isn't existing competition in NA or EU.  The driving force is and will continue to be how the game fairs in Kor, Japan, and China.

So relax and enjoy.  Players come and go in MMOs these days.  This patch will not save BnS.  BnS doesn't need saving.

Oh yes they do in its 7-8 month life span its already this barren and dry bots are taking over forums now and in game chat is their stronghold. BNS isn't even a match to WOW or SWTOR because they have way more people on them  than BNS. Its appeal is there but the rest of the game drives people away there only so much gameplay can do for you. BTW each region has a quota BNS is not going to hold servers in a failing region because other regions are doing good they will cut NA/EU and move resources to profiting regions to make them more profitable plain and simple. No players don't come and go they either stay or they leave and when they leave it'll be a while before they come back to spend money liabilities/bills aren't going to wait for them to return to get their money.

5 hours ago, Napping said:

The toxic players are the whiners on forums who keep calling people toxic.

Ok but you do know those people voicing their displeasure are the majority right?

I'll just comment on one thing of what op posted.

What you mean easier ways to get moonstones exactly?They are all behind rng still,you cant farm them.You know you can end up with a total 0 right?

I opened like 50 seed boxes so far and i got 10 ms bundle once only.Thats maybe 60 moonstones then about,but nowhere near the 800 you need for all your gear :P

You know whats easy way,doing your dungeons for daily quest that gives stinger as reward,you dont do the dungeons anymore for the stingers and you end up with many without even thinking about it.That is what means easy,prolly semantics tho :P

22 minutes ago, CrimsonKitsune said:

Ok but you do know those people voicing their displeasure are the majority right?

No, majority among the whiners maybe, not the whole community of players. From my experience in two clans ( I play 2 chars, 1 in 1 clan, and 1 in another clan) and with friends, I don't see anyone complaining about the so-called toxic players. They just happily play their games even when their stats are low, and when they need help they ask. They don't go around labeling the community because they don't get a royal treatment; this seems like the kind of thing happening in real life society and politics as well.

Admittedly, I've seen some undesirable individuals. But I don't think they're rampant and the community is "toxic".

41 minutes ago, Napping said:

No, majority among the whiners maybe, not the whole community of players. From my experience in two clans ( I play 2 chars, 1 in 1 clan, and 1 in another clan) and with friends, I don't see anyone complaining about the so-called toxic players. They just happily play their games even when their stats are low, and when they need help they ask. They don't go around labeling the community because they don't get a royal treatment; this seems like the kind of thing happening in real life society and politics as well.

Admittedly, I've seen some undesirable individuals. But I don't think they're rampant and the community is "toxic".

Nope its the majority of players and also when I use toxic I mean the few people who come on  my posts and say stop whinning and git gud and other nonsense. I have been in 10 clans 2 characters as well and everyone has voiced their displeasure of the game with its insane upgrade requirements. Funny thing is I like when people who have barely ventured into the game want to say nothing is wrong with the game and uses experiences that have no bearing or association with the matter as references and proof lol.

6 minutes ago, CrimsonKitsune said:

Nope its the majority of players and also when I use toxic I mean the few people who come on  my posts and say stop whinning and git gud and other nonsense. I have been in 10 clans 2 characters as well and everyone has voiced their displeasure of the game with its insane upgrade requirements. Funny thing is I like when people who have barely ventured into the game want to say nothing is wrong with the game and uses experiences that have no bearing or association with the matter as references and proof lol.

Who said its "proof"? What part of "from my experience" 's meaning eludes you? And do you know my characters?

I don't debate upgrade material. I have issue with people bad-mouthing other players with the word "toxic".

You're so full of nonsense.

Archived