Thinking of coming back

Ciocolici

3 minutes ago, Soube21 said:

Because that is literally the exact opposite of what the OP was asking?

If someone wants to "log in and find out for themselves" they would have done so with or without your permission. When someone comes to the forums asking, it's pretty a pretty safe bet they want advice BEFORE they log in and find out themselves.

Though this did remind me to point out that we still haven't gotten the optimization patch for SSP, and that the recent server merges left most imbalanced faction servers even more severely imbalanced. Not even to mention that NCsoft has pretty much said "this is the best optimization you're getting" when they admitted that the other servers have gotten none either except the SSPs one.

The thing I meant is that there are two views: that situation with bots is still the same and that amount of bots have been reduced. It's now up to OP to decide what to do. To listen one player saying they are the same or multiple players saying the amount was reduced. Not meaning like he shouldn't be asking and instead going check game himself.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Lunakitty said:

The thing I meant is that there are two views: that situation with bots is still the same and that amount of bots have been reduced. It's now up to OP to decide what to do. To listen one player saying they are the same or multiple players saying the amount was reduced. Not meaning like he shouldn't be asking and instead going check game himself.

Absolutely, if he wants an idea of how much the bots have been "reduced", logging in and instantly being spammed by gold bots should give him a good idea.

20 minutes ago, Lunakitty said:

Thats a slight swipe at me luna but eh whatever because I know there are more people talking about the bot problems than there are pushing the lie that it is reduced  but sure I am one person

6 minutes ago, CrimsonKitsune said:

Thats a slight swipe at me luna but eh whatever because I know there are more people talking about the bot problems than there are pushing the lie that it is reduced  but sure I am one person

So should I be lying to myself then, being like: 

OH MY GOSH PLEASE DON'T PLAY AGAIN. NOTHING WAS CHANGED, NOTHING WILL CHANGE. THERE ARE GAZILLION BOTS ROAMING AROUND EVERYWHERE. SPAM IS INCREDIBLE!

All I am saying the amount of bots was reduced by ALOT. Never said there is no bots at all. Been now 8 hours since I last had to block gold spammer bot. Maybe my server died seeing how active the end game content is still.

Ps. Sorry for the caps.

Just now, CrimsonKitsune said:

First off where is this holy land server with no bots I want to join it please message me. 

You will see couple of bots everywhere but removing certain chat modes helps alot with that to begin with. With the settings I have I barely see bots so feel free to join EU Group 2.

9 minutes ago, Lunakitty said:

So should I be lying to myself then, being like: 

OH MY GOSH PLEASE DON'T PLAY AGAIN. NOTHING WAS CHANGED, NOTHING WILL CHANGE. THERE ARE GAZILLION BOTS ROAMING AROUND EVERYWHERE. SPAM IS INCREDIBLE!

All I am saying the amount of bots was reduced by ALOT. Never said there is no bots at all. Been now 8 hours since I last had to block gold spammer bot. Maybe my server died seeing how active the end game content is still.

Ps. Sorry for the caps.

Caps does nothing my dear its nothing to apologize for I am not a grammar critique. First off where is this holy land server with few bots I want to join it please message me. Second never said for people not to play that is totally against my stance I want more people to play not less I want people to experience the fun things in the game however few they maybe I don't want to see this game dying. With that said there are certain ways BNS can fix the problems and they're very easy and until they change it more and more new people will leave thats all I am saying, I can't find good things to say because there are none I have no vendetta against BNS. 

6 minutes ago, Lunakitty said:

You will see couple of bots everywhere but removing certain chat modes helps alot with that to begin with. With the settings I have I barely see bots so feel free to join EU Group 2.

So now you're telling me that I have to work around the bots instead of BNS doing their JOB and make sure the bots are gone. If I have to do that BNS must fix their TOS (term of service) and take out their pledge to provide good service because obviously they don't care if I have to do that. Lastly you said the devs reduced bots if what you're saying then they did nothing and you had to do all the work thus I was right they're still the same.

4 minutes ago, CrimsonKitsune said:

So now you're telling me that I have to work around the bots instead of BNS doing their JOB and make sure the bots are gone. If I have to do that BNS must fix their TOS (term of service) and take out their pledge to provide good service because obviously they don't care if I have to do that. Lastly you said the devs reduced bots if what you're saying then they did nothing and you had to do all the work thus I was right they're still the same.

I did not say that you have to work around. I am just saying with the settings I have I don't see the bots so I can't agree with you in this bot situation. I have no Idea if there are bots spamming gold selling stuff in party application things as I blocked all those since I started as the situation was horrible back then. Of course NC must work to fix it and for me they already did something as the amount of bot is minimal compared to what it was when I started. As long as the game is F2P and people can keep making new accounts you can expect there to be bots. Banning IP does not do much as it is super simple to work around that ban.

20 minutes ago, Lunakitty said:

I did not say that you have to work around. I am just saying with the settings I have I don't see the bots so I can't agree with you in this bot situation. I have no Idea if there are bots spamming gold selling stuff in party application things as I blocked all those since I started as the situation was horrible back then. Of course NC must work to fix it and for me they already did something as the amount of bot is minimal compared to what it was when I started. As long as the game is F2P and people can keep making new accounts you can expect there to be bots. Banning IP does not do much as it is super simple to work around that ban.

I'm sorry, what? 

Of course the amount of bots you SEE is less than when you started if you BLOCKED THE CHAT CHANNELS SINCE THEN. The fact that you can't see them doesn't mean they aren't there anymore.

You realize you just kind of made Crim's point right? That YOU did the work to take care of the bots yourself and have no idea if there are actually less of them?

13 hours ago, Ciocolici said:

1. -How's the bots,hackers and spammers issue going on? 

2. -Have the servers been improved? (latency)

3. -Have they optimized the game in any way? (fps drops)

4. -Is getting geared up/upgrading still so demanding to play the game as your full-time job?

5. -How's the game's population going on? Is it bigger or not, than ... let's say 3 months ago? + or -?

1. Greatly reduced, don't see bots farming open dungeons anymore, but I still hear players complains about N:N PvP and stuff.

2-3. Nope. It is the same old same old.

4. Yes. Game has gone way too much P2W with serious embedded gambling. Hearing players spending $200-500 real money just to buy some RNG boxes for upgrades seems to be the norm nowadays.

5. Population has seriously dropped, maybe because tons of it were the BOTs to start with. The servers were only merged last month down to < 1/2 of its original count.

Worth coming back? If you don't mind playing this game. Should it be your main? No, unless you don't mind having a 2nd job.

11 minutes ago, Soube21 said:

I'm sorry, what? 

Of course the amount of bots you SEE is less than when you started if you BLOCKED THE CHAT CHANNELS SINCE THEN. The fact that you can't see them doesn't mean they aren't there anymore.

You realize you just kind of made Crim's point right? That YOU did the work to take care of the bots yourself and have no idea if there are actually less of them?

Only chat mode I removed was Dragonspire Party application and that was since the bots started spamming in there before Silverfrost came.

Even after that the amount of bots in all other chats reduced in my server by alot with the random peak during server links as my server used to be one of the small ones getting bigger servers linked to it thus allowing more bots but these ones also died down one by one. Not sure if the bots are avoiding me also now but it has been closer to a month now since I last time got friend request from those abominations. But I suppose things might not be the same in other people's servers so can't talk for them but just saying there are very few bots in EU Group 2 Cerulean side (can't see Crimson's chats).

People focus too much on certain things just to make their view apply and trying to turn the words others say against them. I have now said my view on this topic and letting it be as we could debate forever did the amount of bots get reduced or not.

7 minutes ago, Lunakitty said:

Only chat mode I removed was Dragonspire Party application and that was since the bots started spamming in there before Silverfrost came.

Even after that the amount of bots in all other chats reduced in my server by alot with the random peak during server links as my server used to be one of the small ones getting bigger servers linked to it thus allowing more bots but these ones also died down one by one. Not sure if the bots are avoiding me also now but it has been closer to a month now since I last time got friend request from those abominations. But I suppose things might not be the same in other people's servers so can't talk for them but just saying there are very few bots in EU Group 2 Cerulean side (can't see Crimson's chats).

People focus too much on certain things just to make their view apply and trying to turn the words others say against them. I have now said my view on this topic and letting it be as we could debate forever did the amount of bots get reduced or not.

I get 30+ friend requests from bots within one or two days. I can guarantee on my server group the amount of bots has not been reduced in any meaningful way.

5 minutes ago, Soube21 said:

I get 30+ friend requests from bots within one or two days. I can guarantee on my server group the amount of bots has not been reduced in any meaningful way.

I used to get 5 or so bot friend requests a day and with the last update I haven't seen one in weeks. I guess I am lucky.

14 hours ago, Ciocolici said:

Hello guys!

After some time, I consider coming back to the game, is it still worth? I have some questions below. Please try asking them friendly and please don't troll me. Thank you!

-How's the bots,hackers and spammers issue going on? 

-Have the servers been improved? (latency)

-Have they optimized the game in any way? (fps drops)

-Is getting geared up/upgrading still so demanding to play the game as your full-time job?

-How's the game's population going on? Is it bigger or not, than ... let's say 3 months ago? + or -?

-Are the disconnects still there?

Thank you for taking your time answering my questions. As soon as I entered the site I've noticed something different. The forum is no longer full of troll and hate topics, as it used to be back when I was still playing. No longer 100000 topics "i quit/worst game/i'm done/etx", so that makes me hope that something changed in good. This is probably why I consider coming back.

Let me give you my honest opinion,

There are not many bots around, at least not where i usually hang out,
Servers are better, but still there are ping issues,
No, optimisation is worse,
Gearing up is much more easier, but still you'll need to farm a bit,
Population is low, really low i mean,
Never had disconnection issues, so i don't know about that.

But here's the thing, as soon as you max up your gears, there's nothing to do. Endgame content is not enjoyable. Everyday, i used to login, do all heroic dungeons and log out, that's it, nothing more... As for pvp, 6v6 is a joke, there are not many people in 1v1 anymore, sometimes you end up with the same person even if it was your 8th match. So BnS is a dead end. If i were you i wouldn't start again. You can ask me why do i still play, i don't. I maxed my gear up 2 months ago, played a little bit more and stopped it. I'm just following the forum & reading the patch notes to see if they actually decide to make a move.

It depends what group you are in

In some groups it may or may not be populated as it was before the merge and/or during the merge, so some groups will get a ton of bots and some may not and its also depends how you have your chat settings or how populated the faction is too

Some groups may or may not have it easy as some groups though imho i believe some groups are struggling in many different ways on how things are atm until after the patch.

As terms of gearing, there will always be grind even with the new weapon path there is going to be some grinding to do (Silverfrost stones x99 or less/more depends where you stopped at)

As in stability of servers? It really depends can be there end, your end if you use something like wtfast then maybe that'll answer your question also depends if you playing in eu on us server or vice versa. Yet even people that plays on their own server near or somewhat near the servers line are having issues even with wtfast or whatever programs out there and had help from both supports (bns and isp)

Is it worth coming back? Uhhh this game isn't worth to take at heart to be serious on and things have become a big rng/gamble with some big p2w(gold and the $$$$). Gold making been a little earning to the point all you do is log in do dailies farm some ssp done.  

With the new content coming and treasure trove the gold making maybe still be little in earning (unless you have guts to do xserver and people asking redicules requirements for there grouping cause of multiple wipes they had) even with statistics group, i could be wrong though not sure how the loot table will be for tradable items. And it'll be a rinse and repeat process.

So OP its up to you to believe whoever comments in your post and see rather it's worth or not to play bns.

P.s even though there is no toxic quiter posts there are some toxic commenters on the forums it's terrible beyond means.

I thank you all for the answers. Haven't thought I'll get so many answers. 

Now, please, stop "attacking" each others only because you have diff. ideas. I get it. There are bots, but not as many as before. Or maybe more. I will see. I've made up my mind. I just finished installing my new hardware so I'll go to sleep for some hours, and after that I'll be trying the game and decide if I'm gonna stay. With Legion on the way it's pretty hard for me to main BnS anyway, even if it would've been in a better state. I'll just finish the story (from the last story update) and then do some content and see how it is. Then I'll decide.

Again, thank you all for the suggestions and for taking a bit of your time answering to my questions. And to those that fought over the bots subject... please stop. The attitude and rudeness of the community is what took a lot from my love towards this game. Be friendly, it's just a game and we're all here to have fun, I guess.

21 hours ago, Ciocolici said:

Hello guys!

After some time, I consider coming back to the game, is it still worth? I have some questions below. Please try asking them friendly and please don't troll me. Thank you!

-Is getting geared up/upgrading still so demanding to play the game as your full-time job?

-How's the game's population going on? Is it bigger or not, than ... let's say 3 months ago? + or -?

Thank you for taking your time answering my questions. As soon as I entered the site I've noticed something different. The forum is no longer full of troll and hate topics, as it used to be back when I was still playing. No longer 100000 topics "i quit/worst game/i'm done/etx", so that makes me hope that something changed in good. This is probably why I consider coming back.

Hmm.  Ok, so here is my take.  I speak for myself and no one else.  Also, I do think that there is some value in trying it yourself and then with the input passed along here making your decision.

- Bots.  I barely see them anymore.  And keep in mind there was a time that not only did you see them cruising in and out of dungeons like there holiday shoppers but they made impossible to farm for soul stones in ssp.  They have, in large part disappeared.  SSP in particular is a much better place.  It doesn't mean they aren't a few around, but the numbers have been greatly reduced.  Hacks?  Hmm you don't see them as much.  A few speedhacks here and there, but the cleaned up the PvP arena alot.

-Latency?  Hmm.  I don't see much of an improvment.  They merged zones instead of servers and that helped population issues in areas that were desolate, but this did not improve latency by any means.  Lol.  So, I would say it is the same although I don't know when  you left exactly.

-Optimization?  I don't really know.  I have a high end system and really don't have much issue.  The only time I see significant drops is in GHS.  But when I use CTRL-F, everything goes back to a playable frame rate.

-Gear and upgrading will be greatly improved this come week.  We are talking about a 30 percent reduction across the board.  That is what they have told us.  We will see how it plays out in practice after this weeks patch.

-The games pop is not what it once was.  As I said the merged zones and not servers to help that situation and it has helped.  But, this isn't the pop we had in Feb of this year.  Then again, pop drops aren't new in MMOs.  We will see how things go moving into the last few months of the year.  People like to chase shiny loot and come and go like the tide.

-I don't have issues with disconnects.  So, I can't comment on that.

Generally, I would give it a shot this week especially.  You might be able to gear up a few levels pretty quick and maybe play some of the new content.

*cricket* what everyone says about *cricket*ing p2w

With the upcomming patch. gearing is ridiculously easy.

Player base is about the same but i see nicer people.

Bots? havent seen any

Ping is ok.

Fps is ok too. if you still have issues. contact ncsoft and they will guide you to get beter fps ( they helped me got atleast +30,40)

Disconnects? nope not for me at the very least.

Note: I came back last week. and i DO NOT REGRET IT

22 hours ago, Ciocolici said:

-How's the bots,hackers and spammers issue going on? I think it's better than when I left 3 months ago.

-Have the servers been improved? (latency) Servers are performing better for me than 3 months ago.

-Have they optimized the game in any way? (fps drops) I have been playing on high settings and it seems ok with all dungeons. Still some lag in ssp but I can still do it and get loot np.

-Is getting geared up/upgrading still so demanding to play the game as your full-time job? As with any game there will be a grind but there are quite a few ways to go about getting gold and the cost reductions for the weapon path are coming tomorrow. 

-How's the game's population going on? Is it bigger or not, than ... let's say 3 months ago? + or -? Hmm I think it's about the same tbh but they did merge servers. LFG is always busy and hopefully with the whirlwind changes the pvp in 6v6 will return. 

-Are the disconnects still there? I had this the patch before the last but none this patch. 

I am founder and beta tester and I am really happy I came back. I am playing as many hours as when the game lauched and I absolutely love soul fighter. So far I have unlocked most of my hm skills and have upgraded many items on this new character. He is sitting with 559 ap as well. I did this in the time since my return last month so I don't feel at all handicapped. I have 2 other level 50's all 500+ from before and was able to start a new character and gear him  to the same level. The patch tomorrow will give a big discount on upgrading and for you it will be even 30% cheaper than me. Also I have done all the 4 man versions of dungeons with my 500+ character. I did run into some bots in tag arena that just afk. I haven't seen any that are actually pvping which is strange. I don't know the benefit of afking in tag. Maybe they were deranking or something. 

22 hours ago, Ciocolici said:

- Less bots and hackers, spammer are the same

- Latency is bad (i am on EU)

- No

- Yes

- After merge it is fine

- Its very rare for me

9 hours ago, CrimsonKitsune said:

Show me 1 MMORPG Game/concern which have 0 (in words zero) bots.

14 hours ago, Zerecas said:

Obviously you can't.

You're the one who insisted that the bot issue got worsen compared to back then, but it isn't.

No it is still bad it even got worse after the merge. What I meant I can't respond to it is that it was soo off point you were in your own perfect haven to tell me and the rest of the community who has been dealing with bots non stop to actually believe bots has been greatly reduced (Which is a lie). To claim so boldly that bots are greatly reduced is not only dishonest but shows the disconnect players have in this game. I keep finding few people saying the bot problem went down and plenty who still say the bot problem increased. 

11 hours ago, Blackvard said:

Dont spit your one-sided thoughts 

We don't want to hear how you dislike the game cause you bad.

GIT GUD

Sorry but not even getting good will help with the grind

12 hours ago, RainbowDashie said:

Show me 1 MMORPG Game/concern which have 0 (in words zero) bots.

I didn't say zero I am saying that it shouldn't be when you log in you are bombarded with bots and then after you block them 6 more take their spot. It shouldn't be a challenge to wade through chat to find a message in all that spam clutter.

Archived