Thinking of coming back

Ciocolici

Hello guys!

After some time, I consider coming back to the game, is it still worth? I have some questions below. Please try asking them friendly and please don't troll me. Thank you!

-How's the bots,hackers and spammers issue going on? 

-Have the servers been improved? (latency)

-Have they optimized the game in any way? (fps drops)

-Is getting geared up/upgrading still so demanding to play the game as your full-time job?

-How's the game's population going on? Is it bigger or not, than ... let's say 3 months ago? + or -?

-Are the disconnects still there?

Thank you for taking your time answering my questions. As soon as I entered the site I've noticed something different. The forum is no longer full of troll and hate topics, as it used to be back when I was still playing. No longer 100000 topics "i quit/worst game/i'm done/etx", so that makes me hope that something changed in good. This is probably why I consider coming back.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dont comeback, its way to p2w to catch up, you will have to invest so much time into the game everyday to not even go up at all, its seriously not worth the time to get back into this game, all of the events are literally p2w rng gamble events, they never have events where they give ppl free stuff like other games, its just a complete hell hole here man, the only ppl playing are the ones who  already had the gear. new players get cap then leave instantly realizing they cant do 50 content. unless u have 550 AP, do not comeback to this game because you will not be able to do runs, you will not beable to do dungeons, you will not be able to do ssp faction battles, you will not be anything to do anything thats worth the time... i beg you dont put your self through this man you only coming back to a huge disappointment, unless ofc your willing to p2w

i quit the game long ago but i dono why i'm still active on forums

i really did like bns it has the best battle system i have ever seen

but the grind is just insane i'm an alt kind of guy i never like to stick with 1 main

for me all my alts are main i did play equal time on all but the problem is

u can only pick 1 or 2 char's max to try end game cuz this game sadly all about the gear grind and not the pvp

i just gave up cuz i wanna play all my alts but i can't do everything on all cuz they need to be heavly geared equally

and i have a life i don't have time to gear every alt i play its a bad model  

a game with account bound stuff should have every single item account bound gear and all..

1. bots is greatly reduced, never saw 1 in ssp anymore, speedhacker still there but they don't do harm much, while spammer going crazy their number tripled and there is scammer that whisper that you won sugar pooping unicorn and need to login to scam website

2. Still the same, some say it's worsen

3. Still the same, some say it's worsen

4. Yes, we still catching up with KR version, don't lazy and expect to be carried BUT Dev just put mats discount for weapon progression up to true scorpion at 24th august, so it's easier to gear up to true scorpion but legendary tier is massive grind. And expect people to put 600-700+ ap for future dungeon which made legendary gear is necessary 

5. The game population is... shrinking, I don't have solid proof or statistic but I feel BnS is more empty than before merge happen, probably people taking break and will came back later and school start also Battle field 1 , Mafia 3 , Deus Ex is about to released, expect people to just login for daily dash and go again

6. Yes

Greatly reduced and its much less of it now, you may have 2-3 spammers that you need to block during the day but thats it. Bots only saw like 3 in the past 2-3 months.

The question is rather broad. Some people blame the servers while when you do an actual check its the connection route from their ISP to the server which causes spikes. If you have a lot of these try sending it to support, they will check it with you and perhaps solve it even, they did it for several players.

Fps still drops if you have a lot of people around. But i actually think its better than it was, but depends per player and system.

-Is getting geared up/upgrading still so demanding to play the game as your full-time job?

Arent all other MMO's this way? Every MMO has a grind to it some more some less. Considering prices for a lot of materials dropped to the floor and some have even more ways to be obtained now, and adding the cost reduction they will implement in the next 2 days i say its easier to upgrade than what it was before. Not to mention with the current oceanic event you can get nebula stones which already reduce costs to upgrade accessories when used.

-How's the game's population going on? Is it bigger or not, than ... let's say 3 months ago? + or -?

Its smaller but still a lot of people play the game, i would say people come and go, just cause you dont see them around doesnt mean they do not play.

Never had any from my side which are game related. Had only 2-3 dc's but thats cause of my WTFast which lost connection to their servers and not the game itself.

Someplayers randomly DC during porting,

All in all, if you have nothing better to play just come back, play again for a while and see if you find it different. I think its worth to come back to tho.

4 hours ago, Ciocolici said:

Hello guys!

After some time, I consider coming back to the game, is it still worth? I have some questions below. Please try asking them friendly and please don't troll me. Thank you!

Thank you for taking your time answering my questions. As soon as I entered the site I've noticed something different. The forum is no longer full of troll and hate topics, as it used to be back when I was still playing. No longer 100000 topics "i quit/worst game/i'm done/etx", so that makes me hope that something changed in good. This is probably why I consider coming back.

Don't take the forums as indication of the game lol. 90% of the players rarely ever post on forums (just from my experience). None of my clanmates and friends rarely ever does; most of them do not at all. 

4 minutes ago, Napping said:

Don't take the forums as indication of the game lol. 90% of the players rarely ever post on forums (just from my experience). None of my clanmates and friends rarely ever does; most of them do not at all. 

I agree with this one. Also majority of forum users will only give you the negative side of the game as they are the ones having issues with the game while the ones who don't really have problems with dc/latency rarely even peek in forums.

3 hours ago, Ciocolici said:

@RoyalMiku Thank you for your answer. As well to others, but this reply was the most accurate. 

In your opinion, @RoyalMiku, is it worth coming back to the game and making it my main game again?

You're welcome.

IMO, it's worth coming back but don't main it.

Play it casually is recommended because P2W player is already far way ahead of us and they already have static group so chasing them is kinda useless now, just play whenever you want to play and be happy about it.

I almost forgot how game supposedly for fun since I no living BnS then I played middle earth : shadow of mordor and it was very fun.

20 minutes ago, Shukran said:

if u tell me

your ap

reasons why u left

what u expect from coming back 

i can answer better.

I'd love to tell you my ap, but I don't remember. There's some time since I left.

I left because of 2 reasons. 1. My mobo died. Today I received my new mobo, gpu, cpu and cpu cooler, and later today I'll be assambying (sorry for grammar/typo, I know the word's not rightly wroten) my new pc. And 2. I would've taken a break anyway after seeing that livestream with that "big" guy (no insult or offence intended. I just don't remember his name) and that french guy. Seeing how they treated the community in that stream session. How they barely knew anything about the game's issues and how they were throwing ridiculous answers at us. That's what made me not want to play the game anymore, seeing how NCWest behave towards their players\customers.

I was expecting and still expect or better say hope a less toxic community, better NCWest staff.. having a better and tighter bond with the community and some changes to the upgrade paths. I love grinding and feeling rewarded in-game after time spent to gear up. But I wasn't feeling rewarded before. Dunno. Maybe that's just me. But I was feeling like a cow waiting to be milked out. (If you get what I mean)

I think.. a question that I forgot to ask is if NCWest changed their way of treating the playerbase/community. I'd love to get an answer to this question too. Thank you!

16 minutes ago, Ciocolici said:

I think.. a question that I forgot to ask is if NCWest changed their way of treating the playerbase/community. I'd love to get an answer to this question too. Thank you!

So they are changing weapon upgrade paths on the 24th...well they're reducing the costs and allowing you to use alternate items to reduce the material cost as well.

As for the community, if by toxic you mean the AP requirements then no. Still high AP requirements, and with the dps meter they're releasing into the game I can't imagine the community is going to get more friendly in the coming months. 

As for NCsoft, no they still act like they've never played the game before and have no idea how to treat customers like anything other than cash cows. Well, unless you've already paid them lots of money to get to rank 10 premium, then you get all kinds of special treatment.

First of all i want to say i love this game. I love the setting, the story and the combat. However the game is plagued by serious issues that have to do with the management, the business model ncwest follows and the character progress. It is constantly disappointing me with the grindy gear requirements and the poor rewarding. Add the events that are truly depressing and offer no fun / reward whatsover and there you have it. A diamond mmo being destroyed by an inexperienced company.

what will save bns imo is ncwest making gear progress very easy up until the last 2 - 3 tiers of gear. Allow more players to access the harder dungeons and make us feel our efforts being rewarded instead of wanting to poke our eyes out with hot needles, which is bad for business. They should realize, happy players = more money for ncsoft. Unhappy players who wont stop complaining and badly advertise the game = eventual death of their product.

ugh

39 minutes ago, Ciocolici said:

I'd love to tell you my ap, but I don't remember. There's some time since I left.

I left because of 2 reasons. 1. My mobo died. Today I received my new mobo, gpu, cpu and cpu cooler, and later today I'll be assambying (sorry for grammar/typo, I know the word's not rightly wroten) my new pc. And 2. I would've taken a break anyway after seeing that livestream with that "big" guy (no insult or offence intended. I just don't remember his name) and that french guy. Seeing how they treated the community in that stream session. How they barely knew anything about the game's issues and how they were throwing ridiculous answers at us. That's what made me not want to play the game anymore, seeing how NCWest behave towards their players\customers.

I was expecting and still expect or better say hope a less toxic community, better NCWest staff.. having a better and tighter bond with the community and some changes to the upgrade paths. I love grinding and feeling rewarded in-game after time spent to gear up. But I wasn't feeling rewarded before. Dunno. Maybe that's just me. But I was feeling like a cow waiting to be milked out. (If you get what I mean)

define rewarding loots.

but overall, no, nothing u wrote on your post is better/changed.

9 hours ago, Ciocolici said:

Hello guys!

1. It has gotten worst not better its soo bad it scared off my fren who just joined recently he took a week to see if things will change. Op don't listen to people who stump for the devs with this lie it is the worst it has ever been.
2. The devs merged the servers to keep the appearance of a full server but that backfired and made things unbelievably bad don't take my word look at the forums.
3. It is still garbage and I have a high end PC 2500 plus spent on it.
4. I can't answer to this because the update aint out yet but I have a review in the works for the game and if this update fails to help new people get ready to see a blitzkrieg of negativity.
5. It has gotten anorexic compared to when it first launched it is a phenomena that its dying so fast, they were forced and shamed to lower the costs for upgrades also on a side note the live streamer didn't even focused that much on the cost reduction in the stream. 
6. I rarely have them so I guess not.
The reason why you stop seeing negativity is that we are giving the game a chance with the reduced cost update to see if it helps or fails and if it fails we're gonna rip them a new one.

5 hours ago, Lunakitty said:

I agree with this one. Also majority of forum users will only give you the negative side of the game as they are the ones having issues with the game while the ones who don't really have problems with dc/latency rarely even peek in forums.

Please stop lying to this poor individual as you did the other person, the only reason why there seems to be a calm is that people are gonna give this update a try and if it fails get ready to be in the wilderness for a while because BNS can never get the hype it once had.

8 hours ago, RoyalMiku said:

1. bots is greatly reduced, never saw 1 in ssp anymore, speedhacker still there but they don't do harm much, while spammer going crazy their number tripled and there is scammer that whisper that you won sugar pooping unicorn and need to login to scam website

2. Still the same, some say it's worsen

3. Still the same, some say it's worsen

4. Yes, we still catching up with KR version, don't lazy and expect to be carried BUT Dev just put mats discount for weapon progression up to true scorpion at 24th august, so it's easier to gear up to true scorpion but legendary tier is massive grind. And expect people to put 600-700+ ap for future dungeon which made legendary gear is necessary 

5. The game population is... shrinking, I don't have solid proof or statistic but I feel BnS is more empty than before merge happen, probably people taking break and will came back later and school start also Battle field 1 , Mafia 3 , Deus Ex is about to released, expect people to just login for daily dash and go again

6. Yes

Stop lying and tell the truth bots down???? lol next you're gonna tell me grind is bearable the fact that you all have to lie to make the game look good shows whos side is correct.

7 hours ago, Ciocolici said:

@RoyalMiku Thank you for your answer. As well to others, but this reply was the most accurate. 

In your opinion, @RoyalMiku, is it worth coming back to the game and making it my main game again?

Sir don't be deceived into their delusions if this was the case why everyone leaving?? School,college, work when has these ever affected a people playing games? lol

8 minutes ago, CrimsonKitsune said:

1. It has gotten worst not better its soo bad it scared off my fren who just joined recently he took a week to see if things will change. Op don't listen to people who stump for the devs with this lie it is the worst it has ever been.
2. The devs merged the servers to keep the appearance of a full server but that backfired and made things unbelievably bad don't take my word look at the forums.
3. It is still garbage and I have a high end PC 2500 plus spent on it.
4. I can't answer to this because the update aint out yet but I have a review in the works for the game and if this update fails to help new people get ready to see a blitzkrieg of negativity.
5. It has gotten anorexic compared to when it first launched it is a phenomena that its dying so fast, they were forced and shamed to lower the costs for upgrades also on a side note the live streamer didn't even focused that much on the cost reduction in the stream. 
6. I rarely have them so I guess not.
The reason why you stop seeing negativity is that we are giving the game a chance with the reduced cost update to see if it helps or fails and if it fails we're gonna rip them a new one.

Please stop lying to this poor individual as you did the other person, the only reason why there seems to be a calm is that people are gonna give this update a try and if it fails get ready to be in the wilderness for a while because BNS can never get the hype it once had.

Stop lying and tell the truth bots down???? lol next you're gonna tell me grind is bearable the fact that you all have to lie to make the game look good shows whos side is correct.

Sir don't be deceived into their delusions if this was the case why everyone leaving?? School,college, work when has these ever affected a people playing games? lol

Just because you live in the delusional world that nothing got any better doesn't mean others see it such. Bots got down by 70% if not more. Do you see the masses of bots running in narrows or other dungeons entrances? No, neither do I. PS. I don't find the grind unbearable.

3 minutes ago, Lunakitty said:

Just because you live in the delusional world that nothing got any better doesn't mean others see it such. Bots got down by 70% if not more. Do you see the masses of bots running in narrows or other dungeons entrances? No, neither do I. PS. I don't find the grind unbearable.

See that is why my view resonates with the common people while yours don't. You say bots down 70% that must be in your dreams, everytime I block a bot three more spawns, block them six more spawns in its a endless cycle either that or I am in the barely populated server and worth botters time or you're in the graveyard server which barely catches the botters attention. No I am not delusional but you sure are living in fantasy if you believe the grind isn't unbearable or the bot problem has gone down. Also you say others might not see it that way (or positive posts)  the only non complaining posts are about lyns having boobs and boobs themselves so yes you have intelligent people on the positive side. Lastly I still run into bot trains on misty woods and silver frost areas also Chat is still riddled with them but you wouldn't dare include chat and dungeon lobby because you they still hold dominion over those areas so yes you don't see them in narrows.  

Arena 1v1 bots reduced compared to the past. Back then, when you're just good enough to reach within Gold rank threshold but getting to Platinum rank thanks to the countless 1v1 bots. But That no longer happen currently.

Arena 3v3 bots reduced compared to the past, unless you consider actual players who afk throughout the matches as a bot then that's another story. But that's still a deduction nonetheless.

Spam bots in all possible in-game communication medium remains the same to me.

Cross Server dungeon actual bots where they leeching off the party is probably non-existent by now.

Bots on the PvE domain are lesser compared to the past.

If this isn't a reduction in the general population of bots, I don't know what is.

Edit: Oh wait, before commoner strikes in, I'm from populated server.

1 hour ago, Zerecas said:

Arena 1v1 bots reduced compared to the past. Back then, when you're just good enough to reach within Gold rank threshold but getting to Platinum rank thanks to the countless 1v1 bots. But That no longer happen currently.

Arena 3v3 bots reduced compared to the past, unless you consider actual players who afk throughout the matches as a bot then that's another story. But that's still a deduction nonetheless.

Spam bots in all possible in-game communication medium remains the same to me.

Cross Server dungeon actual bots where they leeching off the party is probably non-existent by now.

Bots on the PvE domain are lesser compared to the past.

If this isn't a reduction in the general population of bots, I don't know what is.

Edit: Oh wait, before commoner strikes in, I'm from populated server.

I can't even bother to respond to this

How about we let OP check it himself how the game is now. I am going to be honest here: you will feel at first desperate as you won't be able to do all the dungeons with your low attack power and since it has been quite long people got more lazy or simply unskilled so many parties want 500+ at minimum for even the easiest dungeons that could be done with 400-450s. It's ok, don't rush to do all the dungeon in one day. Luckily NC will lower the evolution materials needed so you are lucky in that sense so you can gear up faster to 500+ which help you a ton. It won't take much time and especially if you just have couple of hours time just do dungeons once to get the daily rewards. In no time you will eventually gear up.

SSP nowadays is hell because you can imagine the amount of people when there are 3-4 servers at the same time packed in 2 channels. FPS drops are real especially in there. Otherwise if you had problems with disconnections and FPS drops there is 90 % chance that it did not fix during this time. If you never had this problem then there is good chance that nothing was changed for you.

21 minutes ago, Lunakitty said:

How about we let OP check it himself how the game is now.

Because that is literally the exact opposite of what the OP was asking?

If someone wants to "log in and find out for themselves" they would have done so with or without your permission. When someone comes to the forums asking, it's a pretty safe bet they want advice BEFORE they log in and find out themselves.

Though this did remind me to point out that we still haven't gotten the optimization patch for SSP, and that the recent server merges left most imbalanced faction servers even more severely imbalanced. Not even to mention that NCsoft has pretty much said "this is the best optimization you're getting" when they admitted that the other servers have gotten none either except the SSP one.

Archived