Forums

Summer treasure trove YAY!

Teijin

22 minutes ago, Sasuke said:

I'm excited this time around for this event too. Hopefully new costumes and more gems and mats ^_^.

Im wondering if ppl who wrote stuff like this are just trolls or rly prefer to be ripped off for 100+ $/€ for things they should usually have for free or much less money like 15-20€/$.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Provois said:

Im wondering if ppl who wrote stuff like this are just trolls or rly prefer to be ripped off for 100+ $/€ for things they should usually have for free or much less money like 15-20€/$.

Not trolling. I actually got a lot of things from 2 troves ago. And since I don't drink or smoke and I'm set in a career, I have money to spend on something I enjoy doing in my spare time--which is this partially. And also doing it to support the life of this game too. 

Take it for what you may.

Well i don't smoke and drink too but still don't get why someone prefer to pay 10 times more then it should be needed. Do you buy bread from baker for 30€/$ each too because your "set in a career" (how can someone being "set in a career" anyway if he obvious cant handle money)? 

13 minutes ago, Provois said:

Well i don't smoke and drink too but still don't get why someone prefer to pay 10 times more then it should be needed. Do you buy bread from baker for 30€/$ each too because your "set in a career" (how can someone being "set in a career" anyway if he obvious cant handle money)? 

if its his money so why let him choose what to do with it? Why did you want to tell him what he shall do with his money?

17 minutes ago, Provois said:

I dont try to tell him what he should do with his money. I was just curious what the reason may is for wanting to paying more then needed. But well it is kinda obvious that this guy is a troll (like you).  

for you everyone who dont have the same opinion as you is a troll.. 

9 minutes ago, RainbowDashie said:

if its his money so why let him choose what to do with it? Why did you want to tell him what he shall do with his money?

I dont try to tell him what he should do with his money. I was just curious what the reason may is for wanting to paying more then needed. But well it is kinda obvious that this guy is a troll (like you).  

Trove is always a whale-bait and gold-sink event.

How to legitimately deal with gold inflation rate? Just make players sell gold for HM coins. Make them sell a lot. Make the rich becomes poor. Make the poor becomes poorer. Make a void of gold demand, hitting the exchange rate bad enough so that there will be more legal gold buyers in future.

And for whales with unlimited wallets, let them prosper so that they will continue to be whales. And oh, let not forget to make some of the Free Players become rich too, to trigger the gambling instinct and envious stares of other players, who might not be whale, but can become dolphins. US dollar looks the same no matter which hands it comes from.

20 minutes ago, RainbowDashie said:

for you everyone who have the same opinion as you is a troll.. 

For what reason should i call ppl who share my opinion a troll?

Well.. what else then a troll should someone be who basically say "i hope that stuff like new costumes and gems are hidden behind a pay wall huge as possible so noone who is not rich like me can access trollolololol"?

Blade and Soul is not the only game out there , p2w events hurt both the community (you) and the company.

Oh look i have money and im gona spend it like an idiot instead of focring the company to make events that benefit both YOU AND THEM. Yes , you , the paying customer and the big whales have FULL control over this. Having money doesn't make you a good player and neither a smart customer.

Is NC making money from trove and the like events ? Sure they do. What i really can't get in my head is why the hell don't they want to make more. But i guess they don't care , cause there are people that will buy ANYTHING as long as it is covered in fake gold leafs.

Let's just really, really really hope ncsoft / the staff revamped the system and gave the free/bought keys the same proc chance..... If not, well that's disgusting.

So the rich gets richer and the poor remains poor.

People who don't have to pay bills irl or can afford spending money on BnS are in advance. (As for me, I'm in debt for like 3 months because of house renovation. Yay adult obligations!) Or alternatively, you can sell your gold for HMcoins. If you HAVE, that is! I literally have like 10 gold on my account overall, because 1) I didn't have time to play lately cause I was desperately trying to make money irl 2) I had to use my oceanic nebulas I got from the event on 3 characters and the upgrade took my money. SO even if I sell all my 10 gold to buy keys, and my keys proc, I won't even be able to buy good things from the trove! Ridiculous.

I know not everyone in BnS is in a similar situation as me, but I've seen enough people complain to see trove event spits in the poor people's face, and it's NOT how events should be made. Events should give EVERYONE the SAME chances for obtaining things!!!

(Then people are like "YAY TROVE EVENT IS HERE, I GET TO SPEND MY IRL/HARD EARNED INGAME MONEY, BEST EVENT EVER!!!!!" .......ARE YOU GUYS SANE?? Really, that is what you expect from a free-to-play game's ingame event???? )

I think the thing is that a lot of people aren't looking at these trove traps from a bigger picture like how some of you guys are explaining it, neither would they care to. From the mind of an average player who can afford to spend for something like a trove event, they're only thinking about themselves and what they want or need at the time. Some of these players have a lot of their focus elsewhere and don't really have the time to think about what this trove event entails and how it affects the ingame economy and other players.

I'm a F2P player who farmed and grinded for everything I have now(max accessories, legendary 4 going to 5) and who has only spent ncoin on service vouchers and outfits. But personally, I can impart some understanding and empathy towards certain players who will be partaking in the event, at least to those who I know are very busy IRL and cannot manage to spend > 3 hours a day on the game. I think the trove event isn't completely a bad thing but just like everything else, it can be prone to misuse and overuse like "whaling".

Problem of such event is not that some people can spend excessive amount of cash to get their items. Many people can do that but do not . Simply because it would ruin their game experience. They do not care so much about others progress. They care about core of RPG , which is development of your character. By being more dedicated and efficient in game mechanics you should advance faster. Together with clever trading items it makes this process fun. For all that you need working game economy.
Core of this game are 4man dungeons. This is place, where more dedicated/effective players should generally get the edge despite of RNG.

Problem of events comes here. It has influence on game economy in a way, that prices drops too low. However drop percentages remain same. This makes whole 4man dungeons not worth doing, or better not worth doing more than once per day . Instead of that we are forced into boring outdated content (Tainted Lab best dungeon of 2001), because only income is daily challenge or doing all dailies.
After few weeks of new content, newest content becomes not worth farming. People get stuck in endless loop of boring dailies.

I am NOT saying that it is hard to upgrade in this game , it is actually quite easy. I am almost maxed with 7/38 success rate on premium stone transmutes. What I am saying is that perma cash events destroys game economy, work against core of the game (farming newest 4mans) and makes it not rewarding for players who try to be more efficient/dedicated.

4 hours ago, TwoPunchMan092 said:

Treasure Trove 2.0 isnt even live yet and people are already complaining.

The next few weeks on this forum are going to be fun to read :D.

I'm complaining because of the way Trove 1.0 was made and I'm afraid they didn't change it the least. If they did, i'll apologize later!

Trove 1.0 pulled a line between the "rich" and the "poor" people. It didn't give equal chances to all players to get good items. If you're rich? Yes, you can get market keys with max proc chance/more trove slots so you can get even more rich!! If you're poor? Oh no prob, here have this free key, it will probably give you a nice choice between 3 pirate emblems or 5 hongmoon unsealing charms! OH DID YOU THINK FREE KEY HAS THE SAME CHANCE? HAHAHA YOU SILLY. Unless you're rich, don't even think about getting nice items.

THAT IS MY PROBLEM WITH THE TROVE!! That it doesn't give equal chances to all players! Rich people/ncoin users don't give a damn about this because rarely any people have empathy towards people who can't afford key resets and have to stick with the free key that gives literally nothing. I WOULD LOVE TO SEE AN EVENT WHERE THE POOR PEOPLE ACTUALLY HAVE A CHANCE TO CATCH UP. NOT THIS CRAPPY TROVE EVENT WHERE THE RICH WILL JUST GET RICHER AND JUST MAKE THE POOR PEOPLE FEEL SHIT EVERY DAY BECAUSE THEY DON'T HAVE THE SAME CHANCE TO GET GOOD ITEMS.

If they give the free keys the same proc chance, I'd be fine with this event. Not happy, but fine. That would mean poor people will have chance to get something useful too. But if the free keys will keep giving crap, AND the daily dash is taken away too, that's just a spit in the casual "free-to-play" people's face.

12 hours ago, Provois said:

House paid off, 2 cars, stress free life, all before the age of 34, debt free and yet I can't handle money? I'm not the troll here sir ^_^. I can't take someone who assumes things about someone behind a computer screen seriously just because you complain about an in game event that involves someone else's money and what they decide to do with a partial bit of it ^_^.

12 hours ago, RainbowDashie said:

I'ts all good...

Let him say what he wants. He makes assumptions about someone he doesn't even know, so his credibility regarding this situation is inane and I can't take what he says seriously because he sounds just like the rest of the whiners out there -__-.

Like someone else said, there are other MMOs out there. This one I just happen to enjoy and want to support. With all the whining and toxicity that goes on here on the forums I'm surprised I still see the same whiners and "I want to quitters" come back and posting and playing the game. Makes no sense to me. 

So...another event that gives more to people who already have it and nothing to people who actually need it?

Yay.

(Seriously does NCsoft not grasp that people who need these mats AREN'T the whales that already have baleful/seraph?)

20 minutes ago, Sasuke said:

I'm not the troll here sir ^_^.

With your post you just prove it again but since you like to pay more, and you want upgrade mats as well, i sell some moonstones, stinger and soul stones just for 1000g each. but well im somehow sure that all about your awesome richness is just a part of your Troll nonsense and in reality you not even buy a single key :D.

13 hours ago, Provois said:

"set in a career" (how can someone being "set in a career" anyway if he obvious cant handle money)?

23 minutes ago, Provois said:

With your post you just prove it again but since you like to pay more, and you want upgrade mats as well, i sell some moonstones, stinger and soul stones just for 1000g each. but well im somehow sure that all about your awesome richness is just a part of your Troll nonsense and in reality you not even buy a single key :D.

khmm.... envy ... khmm...
I guess he has put something on the table if he lives in a situation like that. and that shows that he actually can manage his money and his life.
also, you r baically saying that he can't handle money because he spends some of it on a game he likes? BS
it's all your envy that is talking from you, nothing more. you should respect ppl like him that they have already achieved something in their life and look upon them.
honestly, I'm still just 20, so I'll have time, and I really hope that once in my life I could get there where this guy is. (even if it's not a being a billionaire situation)

18 minutes ago, QRob said:

khmm.... envy ... khmm...
I guess he has put something on the table if he lives in a situation like that. and that shows that he actually can manage his money and his life.
also, you r baically saying that he can't handle money because he spends some of it on a game he likes? 

If you come to this conclusion you should read my posts again. 

26 minutes ago, Fufia said:

Sad is ppl supporting this dont realize this is steal!

Actually you guys dont support game you guys just put $$$ in NCS pockets.

Not even if i have all Bill Gates Money i spent 1 euro in this event

tell me why this should be steal, if WoW or any other full price game isnt.

5 minutes ago, RainbowDashie said:

tell me why this should be still, if WoW or any other full price game isnt.

This is the argumente NCS love!

You here to try get a beter game or help NCS make money?

And yes all companies do the same because is a beautiful market get max maney for addicts kids.

For all do the same is right? or a good practice? just for companies pockets! for players is very bad sad ppl cant see this

Just my opinion.

Archived