Summer treasure trove YAY!

Teijin

F2p players (like me) should sell their gold for HMCoins before the update, because when treasure trove event hits in, the currency exhcnage is gonna be messed up again. Thousands of people will want to sell their gold at the same time, which will cause that some people won't be able to sell their gold - almost at all, and it will also cause the ratio go down (to like 1:3 or even lower eventually - atm it's around 1:9).
I've already sold 350g to gain HMCoins for the trove event as preparation.
If you will want to play this gamble trove event, I'm suggesting you to do likewise, because after 24th of August, you'll suffer.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, BeK said:

Will there be Hongmoon Gems in the Treasure Trove this time around?

unknown yet.
there hasn't been any announcement about the rewards yet
however, from the WW V event you can get the citrine gem.

On 8/19/2016 at 7:07 AM, Provois said:

Because everyone has his own definition of p2w. 

normal Players: p2w is happened if you can buy ingame power with real money. What is happened here in Bns where whales can cash themeself instant to endgame gear.

N€soft/fanboys: p2w is only happened if you can buy for example the OneHitKillEverything sword +4523421 with real money but only if it is not purchasable with hmcoin.

So in N€soft's eyes they didn't lie.

I always thought the 2nd one was the original definition of p2w though? Buying over powerful weapons that couldn't be gotten otherwise or better weapons them currently in game. Hmm something along those lines.

At any rate indeed p2w now is a general term and tbh is a slippery one at that. Despite if people wish to admit it. Pay to progress and pay for convenience is border lining it depending on how it is handled. 

I define P2W as someone who doesn't have the patients or time to "G2W" or " Grind to Win".  I will be the first to admit I use my CC on a regular basis. But I also am respectfull

of studying and knowing dungeon mechanics before entering.  I work a lot and don't have the time to grind to get to upper level dungeon gear. I enjoy the challenges of the

upper dungeons. I believe no matter if they Pay or Grind, if they have the gear and know the mechanics of the dungeon, the more people we have at the top, the more runs and less que times. That doesn't mean I skip the Misty Woods or SSP either, or crafting I enjoy all of it.

Just remember all you who are hating on P2W , they are the ones who are buying your merchandise on the Marketplace.  

1 hour ago, Morgwais said:

NC has already made enough money to keep the servers up for a long time , a really long time. You think that this level of servers needs like a mil per month or something ? 

You would be surprised of the operation costs. Maintaining the servers is one part of the cost, then you will have server rental space in the rack, routing services, personnel costs, and a host of other costs required to keep all their servers operational, updated, and running smoothly.

2 minutes ago, ChubbyFatBoy said:

Performance wise and player count from my experiences......I can't imagine they are all that strained with server costs xD~

It is expensive operating all the servers they have available for us. If it is less than a million a month I'd be surprised. SWTOR put out the operation cost showing their net profit and operational expenses ate up a lot of their gross income. This is why most MMOs use similar F2P business models with cash shops for all to get things they need or want to make the game fun for them.

6 minutes ago, DamnedYankee said:

You would be surprised of the operation costs. Maintaining the servers is one part of the cost, then you will have server rental space in the rack, routing services, personnel costs, and a host of other costs required to keep all their servers operational, updated, and running smoothly.

Performance wise and player count from my experiences......I can't imagine they are all that strained with server costs xD~

On 19.8.2016 at 3:20 PM, mrpeeng said:

Who cares what your definition of P2W is, this is good for everyone.  Those who don't want to put real money will get cheaper mats and those who do get better mats.  This is like getting mad at people who buy lotto tickets or scratch offs.  There are other aspects of the game that should get more attention but people  want to quibble over what other people have instead.   I personally can't wait for trove so I can hopefully get cheaper PSTS.

Removed

1 hour ago, StellaNoxFleuret said:

Such Nonsense... all this Event does is create more Max Gear Noobs with big Ego who will get horney at there Dps on the upcoming Dps Meter Tool.

As for your Statment its good for everyone...

- Cheaper Materials also meaning lessGold income for F2P coz most of them are ofc Farmers... so it even itself pretty much out... less income and less spending

- Treasure Trove will crash the gold to HM Coin rate oce again ( as if it isnt bad enough atm) i was lucky and smart to get myself all coins needed with Gold at game start to max my Inventory and Skill pages etc ... but i suffrered with no enhanced gear for it backdays but it was worth it .... however what u expect f2p do today with this rate...?!

- So all this Event will bring is that P2W whales will get cheap gold from F2P who try desperatly change there gold for Coins for a ridioculse ratio...

- I see Tomb of Exiles allready for 4 man at 700+ trust me on that one ( at least at start coz those whales will be scared and hide behind there ap)

PS: i not want to offend anyone just say the truth here u can have your opinion and i have mine thx u.

Let me ask.  How long does it take for you to farm, 200 gold?

17 minutes ago, Katsapliakos said:

True f2p,non p2w event was vipercap,hands down.

I am rly amazed that ppl scream for more p2w-rng events and dont try to make company to make things easier for all f2p,paying customers as well.

in the long run, the whales will stay and play alone, f2p will get annoyed and leave.:P

1 hour ago, Katsapliakos said:

True f2p,non p2w event was vipercap,hands down.

no. you could even buy resets from shop.. it was a very fair event I admit, but it was not the true f2p.
the "true f2p" event was the daily challange event, where you got 3/5 pouches. p2w ppl couldn't buy more pouches, they couldn't buy more unsealing charms for them either, it was the same amount for everyone, the event was with the same odds for everyone. that was the TRUE f2p event.

4 hours ago, QRob said:

no. you could even buy resets from shop.. it was a very fair event I admit, but it was not the true f2p.
the "true f2p" event was the daily challange event, where you got 3/5 pouches. p2w ppl couldn't buy more pouches, they couldn't buy more unsealing charms for them either, it was the same amount for everyone, the event was with the same odds for everyone. that was the TRUE f2p event.

Ya best Event that they made... i really dont get why another treasure trove again... specialy after that fail event with the coralite zzz

51 minutes ago, StellaNoxFleuret said:

Ya best Event that they made... i really dont get why another treasure trove again... specialy after that fail event with the coralite zzz

look at it that way bcuz of the treasure trove, pricez of materials will decreas a little so you can make ur upgrade cheaper :>
i just rly regretted not getting the hm coins before the previous treasure trove and after it had come in i was not able to gain any hm coin cuz of the messed up currency exchange, but now i have prepared!:D
yes btw, it is the same p2w event as the rng boxes in the shop, i admit, but we get another event as well. the 6v6 event. and we really can get goods from that event. 50 battle coins or how it's called +20 feathers for citrine gem is a garanteed prize, we will be able to get it "freely". and the skin which comes with the event is just so freaking awesome on lyn female that i'd kill for it.
i'm rly hyped about the events and other upcoming staffs on this update. I don't even mind treasure trove, since we get almost a complitely free another event at the same time so.
im thrilled.:>

Summer Treasure Trove-- NAY!!!

When the first treasure trove event came, I almost quit the game because I was just a poor unfortunate soul, unable to afford ncoin/HMcoin keys, while everyone around me kept rubbing their awesome things in my face they got for their market keys.

Yes, you got free keys once a day? THEY DIDN'T WORTH CRAP. FREE KEYS NEVER PROC'D ON ME. ONLY MARKET KEYS PROC'D AND IT'S DISGUSTING. IT MEANS YOU HAVE TO PAY TO GET BETTER STUFFS. YES I CONSIDER THAT PAY2WIN.

I honestly think people should support the game they like to play BUT NOT LIKE THIS. Buy costumes, buy pouches, petnip, brilliant keys, designs, idk crap like that, BUT WHY WOULD THEY PUT THINGS IN THE TROVE WHICH YOU CAN'T GET FROM ANYWHERE ELSE, then give a damn free key daily which gave you ABSOLUTE CRAP. 

And people are lured into the trap because I keep seeing people all "yay yay" about the trove, but it just means more spending!! Because the free keys don't give you shit! So either you waste irl money on the troves or sell your ingame gold (IF you have). So the rich becomes richer, as usual? That shouldn't be like this.

I REALLY HOPE they revamped the trove system or atleast gave the free keys the same proc chance because this event is the MOST DISGUSTING of all the BnS events.

8 minutes ago, Huuxera said:

When the first treasure trove event came, I almost quit the game because I was just a poor unfortunate soul, unable to afford ncoin/HMcoin keys, while everyone around me kept rubbing their awesome things in my face they got for their market keys.

Yes, you got free keys once a day? THEY DIDN'T WORTH CRAP. FREE KEYS NEVER PROC'D ON ME. ONLY MARKET KEYS PROC'D AND IT'S DISGUSTING. IT MEANS YOU HAVE TO PAY TO GET BETTER STUFFS. YES I CONSIDER THAT PAY2WIN.

I honestly think people should support the game they like to play BUT NOT LIKE THIS. Buy costumes, buy pouches, petnip, brilliant keys, designs, idk crap like that, BUT WHY WOULD THEY PUT THINGS IN THE TROVE WHICH YOU CAN'T GET FROM ANYWHERE ELSE, then give a damn free key daily which gave you ABSOLUTE CRAP. 

And people are lured into the trap because I keep seeing people all "yay yay" about the trove, but it just means more spending!! Because the free keys don't give you shit! So either you waste irl money on the troves or sell your ingame gold (IF you have). So the rich becomes richer, as usual? That shouldn't be like this.

I REALLY HOPE they revamped the trove system or atleast gave the free keys the same proc chance because this event is the MOST DISGUSTING of all the BnS events.

We should not forgot about the limitation of slots to 2 for ppl who don't cash this sh!t. The f2p part of trove is just useless and a bad joke because of this limitation all around and. Whales cash stuff like trove exclusive costumes, a sh!tload of upgrade mats and gems and a f2p get ... well... yeti SS part, siren token or similar crap in his 2 sh!ty slots. And this sh!t replace daily dash where you got at last sometimes stuff like hm coins or dragon pouch, gg N€soft. 

8 hours ago, QRob said:

Aha yeah you are right,i forgot about resets.Still i prefer a vipercap type of event,couse no matter how many days i can do this event,i know in the end what i will get,no rng involved at all.Well yeah you could get more items from box if lucky,but that was a rly minor thing.All my toons got a nebula stone at least,i am sure every Player got one at least and not cross fingers to get what you need.

This game has rng in everything,i dont wonder why so many ppl left.Hell one friend of mine stopped couse she coudnt get her blight weapon after 22 runs,she hasnt logged since then sadly.

I kind feel sry for the ppl who gonna spend so much money on this and end up with nothing.

1 hour ago, Huuxera said:

Removed

Archived