Any chance of fixing server lag since dps meters are coming out?

BirdSpirit

I have started playing an alt soulfighter and the spikes on ping are absurd to the point i cant even do my rotations or escapes.I don't understand how this can be. My ping seems to have been lowered since the last update but it has random lags pikes. I had a stable ping from 190-200 ping but now it goes from 150-300. sometimes it has 1 sec delays and sometimes im hitting the boss 10 times per second. because of this my F skills sometimes don't come out ruining my rotation.

HOW IN THE HELL DO YOU KNOW IT'S THE SERVER'S FAULT? There is a whole slew of nodes in the traffic between you and the server.

If the server was another player like you, they'd tell you to fix your lag problem like how you tell them to fix their lag problem.

Just loged out... it took me over 1 Hour to do Mushin Dailys... and i even died on it once... coz game not did what i comannd it to do... it did after 5sec delay and i instant was dead on the ground after game worked again... not fun at all... worst lag ever today

MY ISP? well weird i live near farnfurt in germany... where the servers should be... i should have ez game ? no not at all... other game si have 20- 43 ms... here today up to 400+ ms...

and random 1-5 sec delay where game just stop... and after unfrezze u instant dead... coz game got 0.5 sec evade atks situations...

3 hours ago, Napping said:

HOW IN THE HELL DO YOU KNOW IT'S THE SERVER'S FAULT? There is a whole slew of nodes in the traffic between you and the server.

If the server was another player like you, they'd tell you to fix your lag problem like how you tell them to fix their lag problem.

Use Pingplotter I get bad pings/ISPs at nc soft's second connection.

7 hours ago, Napping said:

And this is exactly why Blizzard has regional servers for their games, so their players shouldn't have to be more then 25-50ms ping to their closest data center.

A ping demanding game, located at only ONE location for the whole NA, and some functions for EU, it is the servers.

43 minutes ago, AttacKat said:

And this is exactly why Blizzard has regional servers for their games, so their players shouldn't have to be more then 25-50ms ping to their closest data center.

A ping demanding game, located at only ONE location for the whole NA, and some functions for EU, it is the servers.

that would be pretty neat. maybe they are not experienced with eu/na server routing stuff and just took a big company to do the work..

completely offtopic: playing arena with wtfast (premium membership for bns) and everythings ok until.. my fps drops by 10-15 each match and now I am dying to the worst KFM in my queues due to me watching some 20fps diashow

16 hours ago, MushinKFM said:

that would be pretty neat. maybe they are not experienced with eu/na server routing stuff and just took a big company to do the work..

completely offtopic: playing arena with wtfast (premium membership for bns) and everythings ok until.. my fps drops by 10-15 each match and now I am dying to the worst KFM in my queues due to me watching some 20fps diashow

The arena fps happens to me too. I contaced the support and nothing seemed to work. Out of frustration, I stopped answering as they won't accept that it's happening to many people. 

Exiting arena and then going back in works for me.

JSYK, there are many factors that affects lag:

1) The load of the server you are in is high. If you're not on Premium you will definitely feel this difference because you don't have login queue priority. You will want to relog so it will connect you to another server with different IP.

2) Even if NC servers are near your location, it doesn't mean that the ping will be too low all the time. It's been said many times that your ISP hops on soooo many servers before it reaches the destination. Hence, the suggestion to use a VPN as a shortcut. (But bots usually use VPNs so I wouldn't recommend them.) If you're lucky to get an ISP that is reliable and is fast then better stick to them and avoid anything else.

3) Your VPN's server load is also high.

4) Packet loss between hops. It could be your modem or the connection hopped on a slow server.

5) Too many open connections. *cough* torrent *cough* other devices *cough* 3rd party applications.

6) Your PC could have lower specs that don't meet BnS optimum requirements.

7) Your graphics settings are way too high. Does anyone need to have shadow visibility and all the settings are set to 5?

8) Your location.

What can YOU do about it? Almost none and most likely NCsoft will just tell you the same thing OR contact your ISP.

NCsoft has vast amount of IPs meaning they have a lot of servers. Cloud servers? SSD storage? That's something confidential so who knows. The game is also optimized for older specs afaik particularly with Direct X as someone mentioned on FB but I believe the newer rigs can adapt to the old versions.

This issue isn't a specific ISP related matter. Also, It isn't entirely on the hosting company either. It comes down to the following.

• Biggest factor related to NA is the way the internet infrastructure is setup.
    • Everyone's connections travel through a few different company servers (ex: Microsoft and Google)
    • This narrow path on how information is routed is the major problem
  • Hosting company
    • Servers regarding load
    • Host company internet quality
  • Individual
    • Computer network card (CPU computation and motherboard feeding data to the card as well)
    • Network connection (ethernet cable quality or wifi speed)
    • coaxial cables or other connections that feed from the main box to the router
    • coaxial splitters quality that routes wires in different directions
    • Internet quality for upload and download speed (ex: 100Mbps or 12.5 MB/s)

These are all factors regarding why a connection can be bad or unstable for various reasons. There is also a factor of certain frequencies not working while others are fine.

6 hours ago, xxxAoi said:

JSYK, there are many factors that affects lag:

1) The load of the server you are in is high. If you're not on Premium you will definitely feel this difference because you don't have login queue priority.

2) Even if NC servers are near your location, it doesn't mean that the ping will be too low all the time.

3) Your VPN's server load is also high.

Sorry, but all those has been narrowed down during the months of playing BnS, even did their turn-key "turn all of your non MS services off"  support method.

I can 110% say it is their server.

1. Why is the server load high? Because they are too cheap to put in place the proper infrastructure for a ping demanding game. The login queue has nothing to do with your server connection, as they are performed by different servers.

2/3. Constant ~40-45ms ping using WTFast from NYC, so network issue has already been removed.

None of this, erases the fact that FPS drops from 60-70 FPS down to 20-25 FPS when you have a few players on your screen DPS'g the same boss.

Majority of the lag is caused by the game and it server.

13 hours ago, AttacKat said:

Sorry, but all those has been narrowed down during the months of playing BnS, even did their turn-key "turn all of your non MS services off"  support method.

I can 110% say it is their server.

1. Why is the server load high? Because they are too cheap to put in place the proper infrastructure for a ping demanding game. The login queue has nothing to do with your server connection, as they are performed by different servers.

2/3. Constant ~40-45ms ping using WTFast from NYC, so network issue has already been removed.

None of this, erases the fact that FPS drops from 60-70 FPS down to 20-25 FPS when you have a few players on your screen DPS'g the same boss.

Majority of the lag is caused by the game and it server.

Please give me insights why the login queue is not part of the process that could affect lag in a gaming server admin's perspective or anyone who has an idea with networking. Of course, all of these are being run by different servers - maps, login, etc. - each of these need to check your information from their humongous database. This is why they also made these available for Premium users because they can skip most of these parts.

Everytime you change maps, cast your skills and block monster attacks are just some that are taken to consideration here. We can't really tell what kind of infrastructure they have but think of it that the players on that server where you logged in were mostly zombies/AFKs until suddenly some of them decided to go farm which requires resources just like you. If you require more resources - you are sharing them with other players after all - then the load will increase. Same thing goes with VPNs and ISPs.

This is MMO, you are expected that every loading of costumes, cats, monsters, your graphics settings, CPU cycles, memory, etc. needs to be checked timely by the servers so they can keep you from experiencing lag. But sometimes because of these too many connections, you will also experience packet loss along the way. Should they tell you what settings to use? We cannot generalize that because we have different rigs, ISPs among others that we use.

On 8/20/2016 at 4:23 AM, xxxAoi said:

1. Please give me insights why the login queue is not part of the process that could affect lag in a gaming server admin's perspective or anyone who has an idea with networking. Of course, all of these are being run by different servers - maps, login, etc. - each of these need to check your information from their humongous database. This is why they also made these available for Premium users because they can skip most of these parts.

2. We can't really tell what kind of infrastructure they have but think of it that the players on that server where you logged in were mostly zombies/AFKs until suddenly some of them decided to go farm which requires resources just like you.

This is MMO, you are expected that every loading of costumes, cats, monsters, your graphics settings, CPU cycles, memory, etc. needs to be checked timely by the servers so they can keep you from experiencing lag. But sometimes because of these too many connections, you will also experience packet loss along the way. Should they tell you what settings to use? We cannot generalize that because we have different rigs, ISPs among others that we use.

1. Because we known since CBT that login and game server are different servers. Back in those 6+ hour queue days, players weren't able to login, but yet, those that are logged in, can play w/o issues. This layout is the most basic of all server layouts, login front end/lobby, linked to a back of back end game servers. Being premium does not give you any advantage in term of gaming priority.

2. And this is the major underlaying issue EU players have to deal with all the time. Their gaming server is located in GR, but their market/lobby/party servers are in TX. NCS West was too cheap to even place a whole server bank in EU, so they force the EU players still having to connect to NA for all of their non-combat functions.

3. Hence the lag being caused by the gaming servers, because they are overloaded. Go play on the most populated server like Mushin, vs the least populated one and see the difference yourself. Keep in mind that you don't have to change anything for your ISP connection to do this test.

8 hours ago, AttacKat said:

1. Because we known since CBT that login and game server are different servers. Back in those 6+ hour queue days, players weren't able to login, but yet, those that are logged in, can play w/o issues. This layout is the most basic of all server layouts, login front end/lobby, linked to a back of back end game servers. Being premium does not give you any advantage in term of gaming priority.

2. And this is the major underlaying issue EU players have to deal with all the time. Their gaming server is located in GR, but their market/lobby/party servers are in TX. NCS West was too cheap to even place a whole server bank in EU, so they force the EU players still having to connect to NA for all of their non-combat functions.

3. Hence the lag being caused by the gaming servers, because they are overloaded. Go play on the most populated server like Mushin, vs the least populated one and see the difference yourself. Keep in mind that you don't have to change anything for your ISP connection to do this test.

Dude, I only mentioned having login queue priority, yes? If you know a lot of their infrastructure then go apply to be one of their server admins instead of complaining and telling them what to do. Let me repeat that there are numerous factors but that doesn't mean NC must be solely blamed for all of these. I already named some.

On 19/8/2016 at 2:13 PM, Viblo said:

The arena fps happens to me too. I contaced the support and nothing seemed to work. Out of frustration, I stopped answering as they won't accept that it's happening to many people. 

Exiting arena and then going back in works for me.

Yes thats the fps drop bug in arena they never fixed it.getting out of lobby n re enter only works.

10 hours ago, xxxAoi said:

Let me repeat that there are numerous factors but that doesn't mean NC must be solely blamed for all of these. I already named some.

Look at the Ping Plotter post above. Worst case, go use ping plotter, which is the recommended tool by Support, and see for yourself if your ISP/internet connect is the factor, or it is their server. 

Archived