Thank you for the Damage meter now i can come back and Play!!!!!!!!

Maginbolo

I don't know if you're using the term properly, but undergeared actually means you don't meet minimum or recommended requirements for the dungeon.

Regardless, you will actually need to gear up if you plan to do current endgame content, there's no avoiding that. If you left around April and claim to have been undergeared, then that puts you in True Profane or Awakened Siren, and now that the Pirate path is gone, you have quite a bit of work to do.

16 hours ago, ChubbyFatBoy said:

So you had a good run....that is suppose to? What exactly? I am happy for you that you grouped up with those types of people, really I am. Gets me all tingly inside. But fact is that that is not something that will occur on every pub run. Also you keep saying destroyer. I made no mention of any class, so why do you keep bringing that up? I am guessing as an example of some sort but it remains moot. What you seem to be banking on (since you either don't or won't admit to the other side) is that everyone will be like you. Using this meter to better themselves and not also use it as a tried and true method to shit on others. That a lot of people who play this game use sense that should be common and don't just rely on exactly what they see. Now THAT is a "delusion" since you love to keep bringing that word up. I am not saying this will be a world ender. I am not saying this will have a huge impact on things. I am not saying everyone will do it, but to just sit there and act as if nobody will use it as a way to shine they e-peens, belittle others and all around use it for a power trip is just LoL. It will happen and the only question is to what severity. 

13 hours ago, Shirou said:

Yes ignore them coz I can take aggro with 6 fps LOL

Adding dps meter in NA/EU is just another way to sht on newbies, because eyyy COMMUNITY IS GREAT..ew

13 hours ago, Zekken said:

The solution to make both parties happy has already been stated multiple times. They should have just added dps meters that only tracks your dps. This appeases those that want to tweak their build to optimize dps and those that don't want to deal with the toxicity that may arise from public dps meters. The only people who seem to be in support of public dps meters are those that want to use it to belittle other players.

For *cricket*s sake do you even know how dps matter will work. No one will make fun of you because they won't know what you dps is because the dps meter just shows the top 3 dps. If u aren't in top 3 then no one can tell what your DPS is except you. Nothing will change. the only thing im worried are stupid idiots who will only use dps skills and *cricket* over the party because of paranoia of being laughed at. Stop panicking and go look at a video of how dps meter will work. Since in this game AP is the primary stat even a non dps class with 700 ap can out-dps FMs with 500AP. Who will blame you for that. The only thing that will happen after the DPSmeter update is you getting a feel of where u stand and your rotation skills improving.

9 minutes ago, Whiteflashkevin said:

For *cricket*s sake do you even know how dps matter will work. No one will make fun of you because they won't know what you dps is because the dps meter just shows the top 3 dps. If u aren't in top 3 then no one can tell what your DPS is except you. Nothing will change. the only thing im worried are stupid idiots who will only use dps skills and *cricket* over the party because of paranoia of being laughed at. Stop panicking and go look at a video of how dps meter will work. Since in this game AP is the primary stat even a non dps class with 700 ap can out-dps FMs with 500AP. Who will blame you for that. The only thing that will happen after the DPSmeter update is you getting a feel of where u stand and your rotation skills improving.

You really are dense aren't you? Alright allow me to break it down nice and slow for you. There is no DPS meter currently in our version correct? no way to know who is doing how much dmg aside from guesses and who takes aggro. Yet people still will judge your performance correct? People will still accuse you of bad dmg, crap gears, ruining runs, etc., correct? So what in the sweet hell do you think will happen once this meter comes? You don't think people will use it to gloat? use the meter to put someone down? use it as proof that the person they accuse of being bad is bad? No DPS meter, people still attack and accuse you of garbage dmg without even actually knowing. So you somehow think that this being added that actually shows who is doing the most dmg won't add onto that? that it will do absolutely nothing and people will solely use it to better themselves. I mean good lord those prescription roses must be epic because you are in the biggest cases of denial I have seen lately and that is something considering "internets!"

Unless your one of those people that go with "I don't see it therefore it doesn't exist"? it is either that, denial, or pure ignorant bliss. As I have said it will happen. Just leaves the question to what severity~

53 minutes ago, ChubbyFatBoy said:

You really are dense aren't you? Alright allow me to break it down nice and slow for you. There is no DPS meter currently in our version correct? no way to know who is doing how much dmg aside from guesses and who takes aggro. Yet people still will judge your performance correct? People will still accuse you of bad dmg, crap gears, ruining runs, etc., correct? So what in the sweet hell do you think will happen once this meter comes? You don't think people will use it to gloat? use the meter to put someone down? use it as proof that the person they accuse of being bad is bad? No DPS meter, people still attack and accuse you of garbage dmg without even actually knowing. So you somehow think that this being added that actually shows who is doing the most dmg won't add onto that? that it will do absolutely nothing and people will solely use it to better themselves. I mean good lord those prescription roses must be epic because you are in the biggest cases of denial I have seen lately and that is something considering "internets!"

Unless your one of those people that go with "I don't see it therefore it doesn't exist"? it is either that, denial, or pure ignorant bliss. As I have said it will happen. Just leaves the question to what severity~

did you read about the *cricket* DPS meter and how it doesn't show your dps if you are bottom 3.People can already check your profile for your AP and other stats but they won't know your dps unless you are one of the top 3. Nothing will change you insecure idiot. people will still look at your AP for reference. Also if you don't do the necessary dps then don't do the dungeon. why does your party have to carry your ass if all u contribute is just another weight on the back. I have had people tell me that i don't have the necessary stats for the dungeon halfway through it because we failed to kill boss. They were right they have no obligation to waste their time to carry me. I did what i could to increase my stats so i can enter. 

All i hear are people saying that playerbase is toxic because they criticise you for having lower stats. I think entitled assholes who think others have to deal with their shit at the expense of other players time are the toxic ones. Nobody has to cater to your needs.

8 minutes ago, Zerecas said:

If you lose your shit about dps meter, you might as well piss yourself because of the character profile checking,

exactly!

47 minutes ago, Whiteflashkevin said:

did you read about the *cricket* DPS meter and how it doesn't show your dps if you are bottom 3.People can already check your profile for your AP and other stats but they won't know your dps unless you are one of the top 3. Nothing will change you insecure idiot. people will still look at your AP for reference. Also if you don't do the necessary dps then don't do the dungeon. why does your party have to carry your ass if all u contribute is just another weight on the back. I have had people tell me that i don't have the necessary stats for the dungeon halfway through it because we failed to kill boss. They were right they have no obligation to waste their time to carry me. I did what i could to increase my stats so i can enter. 

All i hear are people saying that playerbase is toxic because they criticise you for having lower stats. I think entitled assholes who think others have to deal with their shit at the expense of other players time are the toxic ones. Nobody has to cater to your needs.

No I completely came in here without knowing it shows the top 3. I absolutely did not click on the "learn more button" on the front page and scroll down to it. I also completely ignored how you mentioned it before in the post I quoted. Even more I absolutely have never seen it mentioned ever in any convo about the meter including the bigass one on reddit about it! I was just talking and talking and knew absolutely nothing about it whatsoever. I have made it as clear as possible but those roses tinted glasses are obviously too powerful. Simple explanations and multitude of examples are obviously too complicated and your hold on your fantasy world too strong. Obviously nobody will use the meter for any other purpose but good. Obviously nobody has so far used less information to make certain statements about ones performance negative of otherwise. Obviously with that info of simply not even being in the top 3 won't be used at all for any negative purposes! Said it once, said it again, now for a 3rd. Will happen despite your unwillingness to admit it.

But what do I know? what do any of these other people know? no no only your thoughts are correct. This DPS meter will solely and only be used for good! because that is how everyone rolls. Nope nope no possible negatives here.....thanks for the enlightenment~

Guys... our Dps Meter Version Shows only 3 PPL ... coz it will only activate in 4man Dungeon but Not 6 man...

Think logical for a sec... what will happen is that all super Nubs who only do 6 man will be save ...

HOWEVER... if u plan to go 4 man... think logical... it shows the top 3 dps guys.... the 4th one it NOT show... meaning the one NOT shown... is the one with low dps...

And this means the ppl know exactly who they can look down on and call words... XD

So no... there is no hiding... ppl can check you stats anytime and also see who is the weakest in dps on the meter ( the one not shown weakest)

The Meter also activate on Mushin tower when u solo ( not training dummy) Bosses only.

So ya have fun with another tool to look down on ppl and another treasure trove p2w nonsense.... while we f2p cant even... use daily dash anymore.... for some weeks YAYYY(NOT)!

8 minutes ago, StellaNoxFleuret said:

Guys... our Dps Meter Version Shows only 3 PPL ... coz it will only activate in 4man Dungeon but Not 6 man...

Think logical for a sec... what will happen is that all super Nubs who only do 6 man will be save ...

HOWEVER... if u plan to go 4 man... think logical... it shows the top 3 dps guys.... the 4th one it NOT show... meaning the one NOT shown... is the one with low dps...

And this means the ppl know exactly who they can look down on and call words... XD

So no... there is no hiding... ppl can check you stats anytime and also see who is the weakest in dps on the meter ( the one not shown weakest)

The Meter also activate on Mushin tower when u solo ( not training dummy) Bosses only.

So ya have fun with another tool to look down on ppl and another treasure trove p2w nonsense.... while we f2p cant even... use daily dash anymore.... for some weeks YAYYY(NOT)!

There are simply classes that do lower dps.

No need to blame them.

22 minutes ago, ChubbyFatBoy said:

No I completely came in here without knowing it shows the top 3. I absolutely did not click on the "learn more button" on the front page and scroll down to it. I also completely ignored how you mentioned it before in the post I quoted. Even more I absolutely have never seen it mentioned ever in any convo about the meter including the bigass one on reddit about it! I was just talking and talking and knew absolutely nothing about it whatsoever. I have made it as clear as possible but those roses tinted glasses are obviously too powerful. Simple explanations and multitude of examples are obviously too complicated and your hold on your fantasy world too strong. Obviously nobody will use the meter for any other purpose but good. Obviously nobody has so far used less information to make certain statements about ones performance negative of otherwise. Obviously with that info of simply not even being in the top 3 won't be used at all for any negative purposes! Said it once, said it again, now for a 3rd. Will happen despite your unwillingness to admit it.

But what do I know? what do any of these other people know? no no only your thoughts are correct. This DPS meter will solely and only be used for good! because that is how everyone rolls. Nope nope no possible negatives here.....thanks for the enlightenment~

Ok im done with your paranoid bullshit because you are to afraid people will make fun of you if u have low AP."Be prepared. You will be tormented for the rest of you life and people will dox you and send you messages mocking you of how useless ur dps is. And it wont stop until u hang yourself just to escape this endless torture. Fear the apocalypse that is the DPS meter coming this august 24." See you in a year time if you don't quit playing out of fear of being laughed at your dps. MAybe its you who should take of his paranoid glasses. bye.

Lol. So much angst and consternation for a simple tool that has been asked for, in fact, by many players since launch.  It is a tool, nothing more.  Some will use it to improve and some will use it exclude.  It is no different than gear, achievements or AP because dps means nothing without situational awareness.  It means nothing if you don't know when to iframe, stun, SS, heal, use utility, etc. etc.

According to the live stream yesterday: 

• The dps meter will not be something  you can use in six mans.  Thank god.  Lol.  No in group fighting while pugging the majority of dungeons or excluding newbies. 

• But it will be up in Mushin's tower which is the place fine tune and truly learn how to maximize your ability.  Perfect.  Love that.  

• And, it will apply to Raid bosses.  Raid bosses we haven't seen presumably because at the moment all we have is dungeon bosses but a Raid is coming at the end of the year.  Yup.  Exactly where a dps meter is needed.

A good implementation in my view.  4 man's are dependent on maximizing dps in the harder dungeons.  Mushin's is where you learn to improve.  And Raid bosses are where cooperation and maximizing dps are a premium.

I don't like that it will only show the top 3.  All should be shown because when using a the meter in a 4 man there is no mystery on who the odd man out is.  And it is important to see the low man output.  In a Raid all should be shown as well because because it is very helpful to understand group dynamics.  But, this may be changed according to the stream

So, we will see in practice how it works soon enough.  I welcome it and look forward to it.  In reality, it seems it will have very little impact either way.  But it will feed walls of text in these forums for a good long while.

7 hours ago, Whiteflashkevin said:

You really are naive if you don't think some people will use this tool in a negative fashion. I'm not even sure why you quoted me when I simply stated a solution that would make both sides happy.

On 8/18/2016 at 3:22 AM, Whiteflashkevin said:

Maybe its good because it will remind some stupid people that AP isn't the only thing that matters when your crit is 20% and crit damage is still 150%.

haha your crit damage is only 150%!   :D

j/k

Couldn't resist.

Seriously though, if you only crit 20% of the time it doesn't really matter how much crit damage you have honestly.   Yes, when and IF you do crit it will hit hard, but the fact that it happens so seldom basically offsets it's value all together.    Spike damage vs Sustained damage are 2 different things.  Most spike damage dealers don't have high sustained, but a high sustained damage dealer will on average out damage anyone.  But a sustained dps will never hit as hard in a short time as a spike damage dealer.  It's a double edged sword.

DPS meter in my eyes provides a way for newer players like myself study our skills and combos more to try to develop the most efficient combo with the highest spike and sustained we can get.   I use it as a development tool, not to discredit another player.  

And any of the attitudes expressed by the high levels to look down on these newer players is unfounded because they simply forget they were noobs once too.  And I'm willing to bet were carried just as much as a newer player is now.   I find it laughably boring when I see 50 HM+ players doing lower level dungeons, while it makes it nice for queue times, it also makes it boring as hell for a low level.  And in most cases these 50 HM+ are in such a hurry they end up killing low levels out of stupidity instead of waiting for them to catch up.  Ironic as it were I actually got criticized by a lowbie recently because I wasn't moving through the dungeon fast enough lol?   Noted, next time I'll make sure to kill you in the fire just like all the high levels did to me in Tomb of the Exiles.

It's not a big deal I don't see what the issue is with the damage meter.  People are going to criticize you because they are assholes, not because you are low level and still trying to develop your character and experience with that class.  Come to think of it, I was in a raiding guild in WOW when I last played it long time ago, they used to criticize me a lot when I raided with them because I did so in PVP gear.   They would ridicule me unmercifully, until I showed them their Raid geared Mage, and Huntards were not as high on the damage meter as I was.  Yes, sometimes it depends how well you know your class, but if every lowbie gets carried by 50 HM+'s then we don't learn anything, until we reach your level, then we get criticized for it.   

Now to be fair to the 50 HM+  I am an advocate of finishing the dungeon/raid whatever, but I also condone the use of 1 or 2 newer players so they can see what to expect and how things should be done.  It's a mentality that doesn't exclude a newer player, but in fact teaches them what to do and how to do it.  It helps if those high levels have a little more patience and actually explain things instead of throwing the newer players to the wolves since we didn't learn anything at low level dungeons because we were carried.

My thoughts, taken with a grain of salt.

The downside of the dps meter that I think people are worried about.... While you may not be in the top 3 DPS on the meter, it also invokes a right of superiority, and those group leaders will kick you from the group.  They don't need to see your DPS if you are never in the top 3 for DPS.

But as I said in my previous post, sure stack the deck in your favor, but at least bring 1 noob along to show them how to do the dungeon and not expect them not to top the DPS chart.   Don't just kick them because you are the one's who carried them at low level in dungeons to the point they didn't learn anything by the time they reach your level.

2 hours ago, RageFrost said:

haha your crit damage is only 150%!   :D

j/k

Couldn't resist.

Seriously though, if you only crit 20% of the time it doesn't really matter how much crit damage you have honestly.   Yes, when and IF you do crit it will hit hard, but the fact that it happens so seldom basically offsets it's value all together.    Spike damage vs Sustained damage are 2 different things.  Most spike damage dealers don't have high sustained, but a high sustained damage dealer will on average out damage anyone.  But a sustained dps will never hit as hard in a short time as a spike damage dealer.  It's a double edged sword.

DPS meter in my eyes provides a way for newer players like myself study our skills and combos more to try to develop the most efficient combo with the highest spike and sustained we can get.   I use it as a development tool, not to discredit another player.  

And any of the attitudes expressed by the high levels to look down on these newer players is unfounded because they simply forget they were noobs once too.  And I'm willing to bet were carried just as much as a newer player is now.   I find it laughably boring when I see 50 HM+ players doing lower level dungeons, while it makes it nice for queue times, it also makes it boring as hell for a low level.  And in most cases these 50 HM+ are in such a hurry they end up killing low levels out of stupidity instead of waiting for them to catch up.  Ironic as it were I actually got criticized by a lowbie recently because I wasn't moving through the dungeon fast enough lol?   Noted, next time I'll make sure to kill you in the fire just like all the high levels did to me in Tomb of the Exiles.

It's not a big deal I don't see what the issue is with the damage meter.  People are going to criticize you because they are assholes, not because you are low level and still trying to develop your character and experience with that class.  Come to think of it, I was in a raiding guild in WOW when I last played it long time ago, they used to criticize me a lot when I raided with them because I did so in PVP gear.   They would ridicule me unmercifully, until I showed them their Raid geared Mage, and Huntards were not as high on the damage meter as I was.  Yes, sometimes it depends how well you know your class, but if every lowbie gets carried by 50 HM+'s then we don't learn anything, until we reach your level, then we get criticized for it.   

Now to be fair to the 50 HM+  I am an advocate of finishing the dungeon/raid whatever, but I also condone the use of 1 or 2 newer players so they can see what to expect and how things should be done.  It's a mentality that doesn't exclude a newer player, but in fact teaches them what to do and how to do it.  It helps if those high levels have a little more patience and actually explain things instead of throwing the newer players to the wolves since we didn't learn anything at low level dungeons because we were carried.

My thoughts, taken with a grain of salt.

The downside of the dps meter that I think people are worried about.... While you may not be in the top 3 DPS on the meter, it also invokes a right of superiority, and those group leaders will kick you from the group.  They don't need to see your DPS if you are never in the top 3 for DPS.

But as I said in my previous post, sure stack the deck in your favor, but at least bring 1 noob along to show them how to do the dungeon and not expect them not to top the DPS chart.   Don't just kick them because you are the one's who carried them at low level in dungeons to the point they didn't learn anything by the time they reach your level.

I wasn't talking about my crit being 20%> im talking about people who fixate so much on ap that they forget all other stats which has happened quite fen during my dungeon runs. My main is warlock which mostly relies on crit chance to do damage and heal more than any class in the game.

Archived