Thank you for the Damage meter now i can come back and Play!!!!!!!!

Maginbolo

Thank you for the damage meter like the title said and i mean it, i left Blade and Soul to go to Skyforge even though Blade and Soul is my favorite game because of the damage meter back in april 2016. i mean i was always under geared and when i played with Super geared people they would look down at me and when i passed them through the dungeon , in other words "labyrinth" which was one of the end game dungeons back then, they would friend me or just leave because i made them look bad, it was rare to get a good group anyways in the end it got tiring doing all that work without knowing how much i actually did. so with this now i can actually know were i stand.

Your post sound so wrong and offensive to be honest, but i guess that you are just that kind of person.

DPS Meter should only show the damage done by yourself in your screen, in order to prevent toxic players, soon or later this will turn into league of legends, everyone posting their DPS Meter in the forum and making fun of other players.

29 minutes ago, BattleKat said:

Your post sound so wrong and offensive to be honest, but i guess that you are just that kind of person.

DPS Meter should only show the damage done by yourself in your screen, in order to prevent toxic players, soon or later this will turn into league of legends, everyone posting their DPS Meter in the forum and making fun of other players.

Agreed.  Though, I've never seen anyone leave a dungeon because someone made them look bad.  :p  Some possible stretching of the truth there.

4 hours ago, BattleKat said:

I don't understand what's so offensive and wrong about OP's post to even judge the person behind it.

6 hours ago, BattleKat said:

Dps meter just shows top 3 dps so scrubs like u are safe at the end. Seriously people are treating this like its the end of the world. Toxic this toxic that. Maybe its good because it will remind some stupid people that AP isn't the only thing that matters when your crit is 20% and crit damage is still 150%. Odds are u are just one of those leaches who expect other people to do shit for you. Also DPS isn't the only contribution you can give. Party buff or party escapes are a thing in this game. Learning the mechanics or grabbing boss when needed for the other to do dps. I have been in countless parties where my AP was the lowest and no one made fun of me, instead they helped me for certain areas of the dungeon and i have helped them by using buff when they needed it.  If people want to brag about their dps on forums just let them why do u care. Everyone knows this game has serious lad problems so i don't think anyone would make fun of anyone for bad dps. So pull your head out of your ass and learn to play the game. use dps meter to your advantage and see what build gives better dps.

Moving on from the whiners. Im just happy because now i can see which build does more dps on my warlock. i have learned my rotations now. i just need some HM skills and im set.g

6 hours ago, BattleKat said:

I don't know what was offensive of it honestly.

18 minutes ago, Whiteflashkevin said:

Dps meter just shows top 3 dps so scrubs like u are safe at the end. Seriously people are treating this like its the end of the world. Toxic this toxic that. Maybe its good because it will remind some stupid people that AP isn't the only thing that matters when your crit is 20% and crit damage is still 150%. Odds are u are just one of those leaches who expect other people to do shit for you. Also DPS isn't the only contribution you can give. Party buff or party escapes are a thing in this game. Learning the mechanics or grabbing boss when needed for the other to do dps. I have been in countless parties where my AP was the lowest and no one made fun of me, instead they helped me for certain areas of the dungeon and i have helped them by using buff when they needed it.  If people want to brag about their dps on forums just let them why do u care. Everyone knows this game has serious lad problems so i don't think anyone would make fun of anyone for bad dps. So pull your head out of your ass and learn to play the game. use dps meter to your advantage and see what build gives better dps.

Moving on from the whiners. Im just happy because now i can see which build does more dps on my warlock. i have learned my rotations now. i just need some HM skills and im set.g

i back you up on that i normaly spend countlest hours just testing out my builds for highest possible DPS on every game with a dps meter for me thats fun. since my main 3 classes are FM,WL,SIN Last i checked their the top 3 damage dealers.

With a decent amount of time spent with online (and competitive) games I'm not sure about the DPS meter yet. It can be used wrong if it's a public info for the whole party.

HOWEVER! Tons of topic can be found around the "top dps" and "dps order" theme. I personally have 4-5 characters with pretty much the same gear (I'm still not sure which class should I main lol) so now I can make my own order based on my own playstyle and capabilities.

7 hours ago, BattleKat said:

1 hour ago, Whiteflashkevin said:

So after all that trash talking you actually agree with them.

54 minutes ago, Trilioh said:

So after all that trash talking you actually agree with them.

agree on what? what else would u use dps meter other than build the rotation which gives more dps. if people like to brag about their dps let them. Your soup won't get cold from others posting on how well they are doing. Instead use their research to fix your own build.

16 minutes ago, Shukran said:

ehy OP stay calm.

if u stopped playing in april(?) u are now so behind the average player that they will avoid you even in LFP.

keep cool!

x,D ouch but sadly true... but who knows he might be a whale and can buy himself to max Gear just to be back on Track and then Brag on dps meter ;)

Why do some people keep calling others toxic? I don't see anything wrong when players want to compare to each other. Even if they shun someone due to that comparison, why would someone stick their neck in where it's not welcome (to say the least)? Do they want to hide everything under obscurity?

13 minutes ago, ChubbyFatBoy said:

And some people think this meter won't do anything.....

Just looking at this thread simply talking about it speaks volumes :v!

Because this thread has people arguing pros and cons of dps meter, Dps meter will make the game worse. Logic on point this guy.

people who are paranoid that bns will turn into who has the highest dps type of game are deluded. No one will ask a tank to be top dps because their role is set in the game. destroyers must grab enemy for others to do dps and warlock should prioritise party buff to raise other dps. No high level player would want a dps *cricket* in their team.

6 minutes ago, Whiteflashkevin said:

Because this thread has people arguing pros and cons of dps meter, Dps meter will make the game worse. Logic on point this guy.

people who are paranoid that bns will turn into who has the highest dps type of game are deluded. No one will ask a tank to be top dps because their role is set in the game. destroyers must grab enemy for others to do dps and warlock should prioritise party buff to raise other dps. No high level player would want a dps *cricket* in their team.

Could you do me a favor? can you please tell me the name of person that gave you that prescription? those rose colored glasses seem to do wonders. I do like the way you "try" to make it seem like this is just some simple discussion consider you came out the gate with an insult to someone and OP coming in with a hard on for themselves. Also LOL? game has already been about "who has the highest dps". Meter will simply add on to or reignite that. Yet you speak on others delusions......k. Once again give me that persons number cause I need me some of that sweet sweet rose. 

27 minutes ago, ChubbyFatBoy said:

Could you do me a favor? can you please tell me the name of person that gave you that prescription? those rose colored glasses seem to do wonders. I do like the way you "try" to make it seem like this is just some simple discussion consider you came out the gate with an insult to someone and OP coming in with a hard on for themselves. Also LOL? game has already been about "who has the highest dps". Meter will simply add on to or reignite that. Yet you speak on others delusions......k. Once again give me that persons number cause I need me some of that sweet sweet rose. 

my most recent dungeon was shattered masts and my weapon broke halfway through the dungeon. My party was made out of random strangers and they said not to worry and just focus on buff with my warlock and they will take care of doing dps. Again how is a destroyer supposed to keep dps if he has to grab enemy. everyone knows that and everyone knows ping is a problem with this game. If you think they will take a dps destroyer over someone who knows the mechanics of the fight you are deluded. AP is and will remain the factor of party requests. DPS meter will only show top 3 so noone will judge you except yourself. all these people talking like the apocalypse will come with it for gods sake take a chill pill. Dps will be more for dps classes besides with such disparity in ap a group has no wonder a 700 ap player will out dps a 550 player.

The DPS matter will come and nothing will change. Maybe some players will get better my studying their rotation.

10 minutes ago, Whiteflashkevin said:

my most recent dungeon was shattered masts and my weapon broke halfway through the dungeon. My party was made out of random strangers and they said not to worry and just focus on buff with my warlock and they will take care of doing dps. Again how is a destroyer supposed to keep dps if he has to grab enemy. everyone knows that and everyone knows ping is a problem with this game. If you think they will take a dps destroyer over someone who knows the mechanics of the fight you are deluded. AP is and will remain the factor of party requests. DPS meter will only show top 3 so noone will judge you except yourself. all these people talking like the apocalypse will come with it for gods sake take a chill pill. Dps will be more for dps classes besides with such disparity in ap a group has no wonder a 700 ap player will out dps a 550 player.

The DPS matter will come and nothing will change. Maybe some players will get better my studying their rotation.

So you had a good run....that is suppose to? What exactly? I am happy for you that you grouped up with those types of people, really I am. Gets me all tingly inside. But fact is that that is not something that will occur on every pub run. Also you keep saying destroyer. I made no mention of any class, so why do you keep bringing that up? I am guessing as an example of some sort but it remains moot. What you seem to be banking on (since you either don't or won't admit to the other side) is that everyone will be like you. Using this meter to better themselves and not also use it as a tried and true method to shit on others. That a lot of people who play this game use sense that should be common and don't just rely on exactly what they see. Now THAT is a "delusion" since you love to keep bringing that word up. I am not saying this will be a world ender. I am not saying this will have a huge impact on things. I am not saying everyone will do it, but to just sit there and act as if nobody will use it as a way to shine they e-peens, belittle others and all around use it for a power trip is just LoL. It will happen and the only question is to what severity. 

13 hours ago, BattleKat said:

Personally i was disapointed when i joind this game and there wasn't one , so far dps is based on agro , really ???

This community is toxic both ways and i clearly understand why some players are afraid from dps meter , but i think it's needed , mmorpgs are for competition and showing off in the first place (gear/costume/achievements/ranks and now dps meter )

Meh... cuts both ways.  Some will use meters to try and justify themselves even though situational awareness can be much more important than dps.  Some will use dps meters to exclude even though situational awareness can be much more important than dps.  Lol.

Either way it doesn't matter.  Most that use it will look at it as personal tool to improve their skill.  Others still will not use it at all.  

Will it have an impact?  Sure.  Will it kill this game? No.  Will it save this game?  No.  Like most things in MMOs, it will be dramatic for some and for others hardly noticeable.

So welcome back OP.  Don't hang your hat on that meter you have been waiting for because if you do, you will be gone again soon.

The solution to make both parties happy has already been stated multiple times. They should have just added dps meters that only tracks your dps. This appeases those that want to tweak their build to optimize dps and those that don't want to deal with the toxicity that may arise from public dps meters. The only people who seem to be in support of public dps meters are those that want to use it to belittle other players.

Archived