why add a dps meter?

LaraKelly

6 hours ago, arkvard said:

yeah while you telling them they are bad for using time disto, the dps meter showed they are highest dps and they gonna tell you "but you can't do more dps than me, why are you complaining?"...what can you do? LOL

go out of group if i see he wont use soulburn, block and warn some players to not run with this useless wl. GG EZ

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, azraelkun said:

Dat rotation excuse again lmao.

What rotations an fm should test ..apply burn n lmb rmb 2 lmao again.

Anyway i care less about meter i play the2 best dps class in game (sin fm)

But i hate those crap excuses

Test rotations etc.

Its not nuclear science ppl.

If you play a BM, you'd not be saying the same, considering all the changes we're getting, and how close Fire and Lightning builds are going to be.

Rotations are a perfectly valid excuse.

Why are you people so against the DPS meter?

I've played other games w/ a DPS meter, and the only people that ever get called out are the ones that actually deserve to be called out for being lazy(ie: doing less than 20% of what others are doing)

You can't even see who're bottom in DPS. It only displays the top 3 players + your own.

DPS meter is a great addition to the game and those who say otherwise are just afraid of being called out for being lazy.

Dps meter is pointless cause even if someone is doing shit damage, they still cant be kicked from parties. I don't care how many ccs and crap you are using your dps on most classes is determined by just a few skills. Summoners main dps is sunflower, warlock from dragon call/helix, etc. Blaming your shitty dps on anything other than your horrible connection or lack of a brain still doesn't change the fact that we are stuck with crap players in parties with the only option to leave and start over.

well looks like the decision about dps meter is final. To melees with 250+ ping please don't get disheartened, don't listen to those people telling bad things to you. Keep improving and show them you are a better person than them. I will be cheering on you guys xD

On 22/08/2016 at 1:42 PM, arkvard said:

yeah while you telling them they are bad for using time disto, the dps meter showed they are highest dps and they gonna tell you "but you can't do more dps than me, why are you complaining?"...what can you do? LOL

If u have half a brain you will come to realize that having the pary dps buffed so they can kill the boss is better than using time distortion so that you can have a 5 sec dps increase and than waiting another 3 minutes. If party can kill boss they will blame you for not buffing them and will leave your ass.

53 minutes ago, Whiteflashkevin said:

If u have half a brain you will come to realize that having the pary dps buffed so they can kill the boss is better than using time distortion so that you can have a 5 sec dps increase and than waiting another 3 minutes. If party can kill boss they will blame you for not buffing them and will leave your ass.

yeah blame them for doing highest dps, good logic there *slow clap* I approve !   /s

8 minutes ago, arkvard said:

yeah blame them for doing highest dps, good logic there *slow clap* I approve !   /s

What are you talking about. Time distortion is not a reliable source of dps since it is just a momentary burst then you go back to dealing shit dps. Did you just read half the sentence or are you looking to complain.

21 minutes ago, Whiteflashkevin said:

What are you talking about. Time distortion is not a reliable source of dps since it is just a momentary burst then you go back to dealing shit dps. Did you just read half the sentence or are you looking to complain.

every good warlock knows how to minimize their downtime and maximize their dps with the right build. We are not talking about level 50 hm 1 warlocks using level 42 profane soul shields here.

55 minutes ago, Whiteflashkevin said:

Uhm that 15sec momentary higher dps with SB would go into the same region as a 5sec time distortion ^^

Beside the whole party can also profit from time distortion too...

For me im happy about the dps meter. Quite sure Warlock is top tier dps and only has low threat on most of his dmg so aggro is a bad identifier to meassure warlocks dmg.

1 hour ago, arkvard said:

every good warlock knows how to minimize their downtime and maximize their dps with the right build. We are not talking about level 50 hm 1 warlocks using level 42 profane soul shields here.

I main warlock and since i got shit ping im trying to perfect ice build over shadow. Ice build has high bursts of damage but has terrible downtime so its the job of a warlock to minimise that downtime. I can get the same number of 4dragoncall spam in those 15 sec that i get from time distortion plus you have 50% crit damage increase in soulburn + party deals more damage also. When the august update comes to west the gap between Soulburn and distortion will get bigger and distortion will be more pvp focused.

1 hour ago, Midu said:

Uhm that 15sec momentary higher dps with SB would go into the same region as a 5sec time distortion ^^

Beside the whole party can also profit from time distortion too...

For me im happy about the dps meter. Quite sure Warlock is top tier dps and only has low threat on most of his dmg so aggro is a bad identifier to meassure warlocks dmg.

The problem with distortion is that it is most efficient on warlock who has high damage abilities that can be refreshed to deal most of the dps but most classes relies on spamable abilities like fm lmb rmb and so is for most of the classes. Bm for example relies on rmb pierce and flicker so refresh is mostly useless since his flock of blades ability can't be refreshed. Once the august update hits you will mostly see people who have 2 warlock have one on sb and the other on time distortion since cd will be reduced and having 2 warlock soulburn will be useless.

Actually been debating between SB and TD on my new WL 

I have a summoner that's like HM5 I think but i wanted a playstyle change and even before i saw the DPS meter being added I was in favor of TD but it wouldn't be for anything other than a personal taste. I am still debating it though. 

Although reading these arguments has me laughing because it is the same ones I participated in before when this first came up. 

A personal meter sure, a group meter that shows your DPS and the top 3 is something I am not thrilled about. I care about perfecting my style and it might not live up to some standards but that doesn't mean it won't be helpful to the party. 

and don't attack me for the TD/SB stuff I still don't know which way I'm going it was just and observation 

On 8/23/2016 at 1:27 PM, RevivedTera said:

Dps meter is pointless cause even if someone is doing shit damage, they still cant be kicked from parties. I don't care how many ccs and crap you are using your dps on most classes is determined by just a few skills. Summoners main dps is sunflower, warlock from dragon call/helix, etc. Blaming your shitty dps on anything other than your horrible connection or lack of a brain still doesn't change the fact that we are stuck with crap players in parties with the only option to leave and start over.

So basically.... if you get a player in a party who:

- does all the mechanics nearly perfectly

- doesnt die at all

- contributes with CC's to the party and the buffs

But has low dps compared to others....you would just kick them cause....what? Cause they rather focus on their skillset to help the party damage overall or cause we have a "elitist" here who just cares about damage cause...thats everything?

This is why group dps meters are just making everything worse. If it would only be individual...sure.

I find it funny tho how everyone goes "we want a dps meter so we can improve ourselves and see what builds are best" but they say no to a personal meter cause then they cant brag.

40 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

- doesnt die at all

But has low dps compared to others....you would just kick them cause....what? Cause they rather focus on their skillset to help the party damage overall or cause we have a "elitist" here who just cares about damage cause...thats everything?

This is why group dps meters are just making everything worse. If it would only be individual...sure.

I find it funny tho how everyone goes "we want a dps meter so we can improve ourselves and see what builds are best" but they say no to a personal meter cause then they cant brag.

I must agree with you completely. 

I remember when i played rift I was a Mage an Archon Mage when they were no longer cool except for 20 Mans LOL 

I was with my static 10 man group and I always swapped to raid heals because Archons weren't great for 10 mans but we were struggling on the 3 boss out of 4 bosses and someone said we had enough heals and not enough DPS and I should switch to Archon to buff the party, Plus that raised my DPS too and we killed the boss the first time after the switch. and the fourth boss in three tries. 

Down side: DPS meter might make people with cheap ISP plans or lower ping rate for other reasons look like they aren't working as hard as they are. Also, if the DPS meter does show someone just standing around and leeching, there is zero anyone can do about it. I'd rather have a fire wall near the start of the dungeon that prevents bots from getting the quests and a time-out to join.

Up side: There are some really annoying trolls in game who will claim other players are doing nothing, and there is no way to prove you've been working hard as long as you don't have the top damage. I'm not sure if they do this to shame people into not bidding against them or whether they are targeting particularpeople to try to give a bad rep, but a DPS meter would show that they are lying.

6 hours ago, Grimoir said:

- doesnt die at all

So i should keep in a squad a guy who is just doing the base minimum to help party. You can do all the buffs you want and dance around the dungeon to avoid death all you want but if the total dps of the group isn't enough to kill boss you need to either change build or the party leaves you to find someone who does the same and more. You can be follow the mechanics to the best of your abilities but if you come to Yeti with 300ap you are just a dead weight doesn't matter how good you are.

I keep repeating this over and over. You don't need to be FM tier dps dealer. If you have at least 450Ap you are probably doing enough dps for yeti despite how messy your rotation is. The result is never that close where if u used something to do a bit more dps it would change the entire outcome of the fight. You either kill the boss with 3 min overtime or you don't. AP will always be the final factor and dps meter is mostly for yourself.

Since im a warlock i can shift between ice and dark to see what gives me more dps and our party can reply the fight if i was a close call like 20 sec or something.

I think DPS meter can only help since people tend to blame the person with the lowest AP even if it could not even be his fault. For example if you are doing all the cc and doing more dps than a guy with higher AP the team would blame you for having low AP but with dps meter you know who is to blame for failing to kill boss. DPS meter should help more people like you who do hard work and not AP elitists who don't bother checking other stats like crit chance and crit damage. Im surprised you are not seeing the potential of this tool for the community.  

Running Gloom today, some guy was pissed at me because I have 30 AP higher than him and he was out dps'ing me. I mean, I guess he didn't take into account that free 8 seconds he got to beat the crap out of the boss while I had the boss grabbed.  Minbd you, I grabbed the boss sevral times, so he got even more time to DPS when I couldn't.  Guess I just won't grab anymore and let everyone have 8 free seconds to pummel the boss.

26 minutes ago, triplethreat said:

Running Gloom today, some guy was pissed at me because I have 30 AP higher than him and he was out dps'ing me. I mean, I guess he didn't take into account that free 8 seconds he got to beat the crap out of the boss while I had the boss grabbed.  Minbd you, I grabbed the boss sevral times, so he got even more time to DPS when I couldn't.  Guess I just won't grab anymore and let everyone have 8 free seconds to pummel the boss.

Anything that increases the blamestorming that already goes on is a bad thing.

Some bosses have different rotations, and one class rotation will mess up another one's. Or there are different approaches to the mechanics (like whether to get the mushrooms at Yeti), and people blame each other for following different plans even if it was never discussed before-hand.

Yesterday in Gloom someone (who was curiously the lowest level of the party) started name-calling out people for not CCing the final boss. I focus on DPS and being in the right spot there, because I don't want to be the one who has put status on the boss to prevent him from jumping. However, you can't stop and argue in the middle of a fight. In short, there are lots of misunderstandings, especially in PUGs on European servers where people speak different languages - and any new "feature" of the game that gives people an excuse to start blaming each other is probably going to turn out badly.

Archived