why add a dps meter?

LaraKelly

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, arkvard said:

hat game lunia online is already closed from 2014... that is a sign of unhealthy game

There is a nice comment about Lunia closure :

" These titles would have been kind of fun if they werent so grindy. The goal was to produce a game with an unlimited gameplay life by reducing the speed of progression and increasing the amount of a time a player must run the same content. The result is that large segment of the consumer population dont then even dare to try. "

51 minutes ago, arkvard said:

uhhh sorry to say but that is not built in...

and vindictus is toxic...

that game lunia online is already closed from 2014... that is a sign of unhealthy game

I know Lunia is officially not around anymore, I just used it as an example.

And are you talking about the Lunia vid i linked with it's Dps meter not built in?

then I have to disagree with you, I played the game before and during the time when the meter was introduced, so in the version of the game i played at least, it was an added/built-in feature.

If your wondering, I played Lunia when Nexon hosted it then when it was moved to, I think, aeria games or webzen, then it died there and then I think All-m hosted it themselves for a time, before it finally died. and just a private server version of it is alive.

If your talking about Vindictus, then yeah, it wasn't a meter.

While I'll agree that the Vindictus forum community is toxic, in game is fine, in my experience in playing it since release at least. sure there are ridiculous attack requirements, but i wouldn't call that toxic, like here, people just want a quick, smooth run.

I've unfortunately quit it though shortly after the much desired Karok revamp because it was getting boring.

There is always *cricket* in parties and will continue to be with or without dps meter and no there will not be MORE *cricket*, there will be truth and the truth hurts.

Fm that will never burn if another fm in party.... your telling me this never happens or rarely happens and only with a dps meter people will do this to each other? same with the warlock buff/blue buff/ destro grab ect ect... man you guys really make no sense whatsoever if you really believe this stuff I pity you.

pros to dps meter:

• check personal dps in group and compare/contrast with party members
  • try different rotations/builds
  • find leechers/bots
  • provide feedback to the lowest dps and class improvements 

I will give you the three real reasons why people do not want a dps meter in this game:

#1: There are a lot of people that suck at their class/rotations with high AP, and leech off other people in dungs, because of their "high ap" and do not want people to "see". 

#2: There are a lot of people with really high ping/bad connection that have high AP but do less DPS than lower ap people with low ping.

#3: FEAR

the game is going to get more toxic because of a dps meter? really?.../giggle

p.s. I am a KFM one of the lowest dps classes and I AM PRO DPS METER. 

That's a given. It's so the "elites" can continue to be "elite" and keep others from joining the levels. It's typical BS and nothing I wouldn't expect from this toxic community. It's really bad when you cut off region AND faction chat due to both gold sellers and toxicity. If there's going to be something that kills BnS, it will be the toxicity in game.

No, it's just the elitists trying to make this game a clique for themselves. And once you do, and there's no one left, then you'll grip about being bored and move to another game to kill it. 

21 hours ago, Solidarius said:

There is always *cricket* in parties and will continue to be with or without dps meter and no there will not be MORE *cricket*, there will be truth and the truth hurts.

Fm that will never burn if another fm in party.... your telling me this never happens or rarely happens and only with a dps meter people will do this to each other? same with the warlock buff/blue buff/ destro grab ect ect... man you guys really make no sense whatsoever if you really believe this stuff I pity you.

pros to dps meter:

• find leechers/bots

I will give you the three real reasons why people do not want a dps meter in this game:

#1: There are a lot of people that suck at their class/rotations with high AP, and leech off other people in dungs, because of their "high ap" and do not want people to "see". 

#2: There are a lot of people with really high ping/bad connection that have high AP but do less DPS than lower ap people with low ping.

That's not why I'm against it. I know I'm a poor DPS (great healer, bad DPS) but more because I know human nature. It won't be used how you're describing it. It'll be used like I've been saying and, trust me, everyone, including the elites pushing for it, know that's the truth.

pros to dps meter:

• find leechers/bots

i never see once warlock using time disto instead of soulburn, but with dps meter i'm sure no one using soulburn anymore...LOL

just look at those who pro with dps meter, their attitude is just like another internet tough guy

All people against dps meter are the same, they bought expensive their 650+ AP so they can be carried, and now they're afraid they wont be anymore cause that's a new tool to notice skill cant be bought (and pve skill in bns is very limited...). Just remember u cant kick ppl in bns, once ur in the pt, so why do u care so much, ppl will only see your AP before makin group.

Rest are happy of this or just dont give a fk, but seriously, what other reason can u give exept the classic 'i dont wanna be called a noob in my 4m dungeon , it will hurt my feelings !'

Ppl stop using sb or grab is BULLSHIT, it wont happen, only ppl sayin they're gonna do this are the very ones against the dps meter (see in this thread)

pros to dps meter:

• find leechers/bots

What will you get from comparing your dps to other party members other than a boost/hit to your ego? You can't rally learn anything useful due to differentiating circumstances between the players.

Finding bots is very easy already. The issue is that you can't do much about them, but that's another topic.

I doubt the lowest dps will be getting much feedback from the party, not a positive one at least. When someone makes a mistake in dungeon today, will the average F8 party react with calm understaning? from my experience they will rage on him.

For self improvement, again, it's best to look up and test builds and rotations yourself, which again, requires only a private meter.

Yes I do believe the game would become more toxic, as it will provide negative players with a great new weapon to abuse. Just going through these thread gives you some good examples of that, and of players stating they will stop using party skills

10 hours ago, Bim404 said:

All people against dps meter are the same, they bought expensive their 650+ AP so they can be carried, and now they're afraid they wont be anymore cause that's a new tool to notice skill cant be bought (and pve skill in bns is very limited...). Just remember u cant kick ppl in bns, once ur in the pt, so why do u care so much, ppl will only see your AP before makin group.

Rest are happy of this or just dont give a fk, but seriously, what other reason can u give exept the classic 'i dont wanna be called a noob in my 4m dungeon , it will hurt my feelings !'

Ppl stop using sb or grab is BULLSHIT, it wont happen, only ppl sayin they're gonna do this are the very ones against the dps meter (see in this thread)

I don't know how you came to this notion.

EVERY single person against the dps meter is a clueless whale and ALL the rest are pro meter? some(/few) are, maybe, but that's^ just a silly generalisation.

Dat rotation excuse again lmao.

What rotations an fm should test ..apply burn n lmb rmb 2 lmao again.

Anyway i care less about meter i play the2 best dps class in game (sin fm)

But i hate those crap excuses

Test rotations etc.

Its not nuclear science ppl.

How will benefit lbd that are crap dpsers or des or u would say every lbd n des are leechers.

The only benefit is that i see many sins slacking when in stealth n not dps so we gonna catch em but then so what ?

Most important even with dps meter u cant compare dps cause no one has same ap or crit dps r crit damage etc

Dps meter whould be ok if it show u what skills u used n what the damage of every skill was in average.

Meteor total dps 400k average 15k 

Etc

4 hours ago, Bim404 said:

That's not why I'm against it, so do not make general assumptions.

7 hours ago, Trilioh said:

What will you get from comparing your dps to other party members other than a boost/hit to your ego? You can't rally learn anything useful due to differentiating circumstances between the players.

Finding bots is very easy already. The issue is that you can't do much about them, but that's another topic.

I doubt the lowest dps will be getting much feedback from the party, not a positive one at least. When someone makes a mistake in dungeon today, will the average F8 party react with calm understaning? from my experience they will rage on him.

For self improvement, again, it's best to look up and test builds and rotations yourself, which again, requires only a private meter.

Yes I do believe the game would become more toxic, as it will provide negative players with a great new weapon to abuse. Just going through these thread gives you some good examples of that, and of players stating they will stop using party skills

I don't know how you came to this notion.

EVERY single person against the dps meter is a clueless whale and ALL the rest are pro meter? some(/few) are, maybe, but that's^ just a silly generalisation.

Compare my dps with other party members will help me realize where I stand as a class and as a player. 

feedback is not limited to the parties or players, it could be used to show the weakness or strength of  a class to DEV's via vid's/post on these forums ect

finding bots is easy yes, but not 100% accurate and a dps meter will always tell you if someone is purposely leeching in a dung.

AGAIN, the game will not become more toxic. If there is a person saying he/she will not use "blue buff" or "soulburn" because of a DPS meter, then they are already not using these in parties, it makes no sense not to use these partie buffs because 5 people dps are way more important than 1 person dps.

There is not one logical/reasonable person in the world that will abuse or call out a "WL" for low dps,  If they used soul burn properly during the dung and did not  just stand there for the rest of the time to do a total damage of 10,000. Same with destoyer/bd/kfm/ any other class that people think are weak dps. It is my opinion that the only people that will be called out during dung runs is high DPS classes that are under performing or doing less damage than lets say a Tank or a destroyer. 

"Yes I do believe the game would become more toxic, as it will provide negative players with a great new weapon to abuse. "

just because something can be abused by negative people does not mean it should not be made/created/introduced, if people believe in this then there would be no new things in the world or in BnS. 

The positives of a DPS meter outweigh the negatives, such silly things as "people will laugh/make fun/belittle me because of my dps" have a simple answer: Block them, or improve your rotation/build if their accusations are legit. 

6 hours ago, arkvard said:

i never see once warlock using time disto instead of soulburn, but with dps meter i'm sure no one using soulburn anymore...LOL

just look at those who pro with dps meter, their attitude is just like another internet tough guy

Let me tell you why that is bullshit kind sir. 2 words: soulburn buff. Time-distortion is mostly for pvp for that momentary damage burst for those moments ur opponent is out of escapes. Also *cricket* you if u are warlock and dont use soulburn. if you don't then know you are the reason we cant have good things in this world.

3 hours ago, azraelkun said:

Dat rotation excuse again lmao.

What rotations an fm should test ..apply burn n lmb rmb 2 lmao again.

Anyway i care less about meter i play the2 best dps class in game (sin fm)

But i hate those crap excuses

Test rotations etc.

Its not nuclear science ppl.

How will benefit lbd that are crap dpsers or des or u would say every lbd n des are leechers.

The only benefit is that i see many sins slacking when in stealth n not dps so we gonna catch em but then so what ?

Most important even with dps meter u cant compare dps cause no one has same ap or crit dps r crit damage etc

Dps meter whould be ok if it show u what skills u used n what the damage of every skill was in average.

Meteor total dps 400k average 15k 

Etc

it shows what percentage of the dps was dome by which skill.

36 minutes ago, Whiteflashkevin said:

Let me tell you why that is bullshit kind sir. 2 words: soulburn buff. Time-distortion is mostly for pvp for that momentary damage burst for those moments ur opponent is out of escapes. Also *cricket* you if u are warlock and dont use soulburn. if you don't then know you are the reason we cant have good things in this world.

Again awesome xd

8 minutes ago, azraelkun said:

Again awesome xd

I didn't know this but now that i learned that it was no in depth i want it even more but for now is just 4 man and hat sucks since i cant test with dummies on which warlock build gives highest dps. People say for now is dark build but korean top player says is frost build and that frost build is better for high ping.

51 minutes ago, Whiteflashkevin said:

yeah while you telling them they are bad for using time disto, the dps meter showed they are highest dps and they gonna tell you "but you can't do more dps than me, why are you complaining?"...what can you do? LOL

Archived