Forums

why add a dps meter?

LaraKelly

Well I love the fact that there will be a dps meter.. In every MMO I always have wanted one and now that it is in my favorite one im really happy.

I think this is a great tool to explore your class more and actually understand whether you are good or bad as a damage dealer.

And if you will get bad results then you know you have to go through your build again, explore other skill rotations, builds..

There was a bd claiming he loves to stack block and evade, lol.. if you are supposed to do dmg, while there is a timer ticking then fcking do damage and not swirl around the boss room doing jack, Jeez.. 

And noone will expect from a destro that will pick the boss time to time to have the best dps and even if they do then they are just stupid, little children with some sort of disorder syndroms that dont understand whats best for the party...

And last thing to all the classes that wouldn'p pop their party buffs, you guys are the toxic palyers, creme de la creme. Instead of doing your job makeing everyone see how much all their dps rises because of you, you will sit on your buff.. sooner or later no one will be willing to play with you beside randoms.. there you can be the king of dps because the 12 year olds will not understand what is that or what to do with it.. :)

TL;DR

Very happy about the DPS meter, all the other haters can GTFO. :)

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, LaraKelly said:

http://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/game/desolate-tomb/

I been from another game which does have a score card and everyone just going insanely competing with each other, no one really cares to help much, even putting themselves in severe danger just to gain that extra dps, and in soma extreme  cases rather like the other dps to die so they can gain more dps.  

In BnS we have things like destroyers who can carry the boss and makes it easier for everyone to hit it further, warlock giving buff, cat from summoner reviving  where everyone helps out at then just dps, and these helps may actually reduce one's personal dps and help increase other player dps. and this is just a small sample of what can be done, there so many skills that help that group.  It been great and fun, it's teamwork to get it all done.

Now adding a dps meter, would all this make this change? everyone be obeses in proving they are the better dps that Destroyers won't care to help carry the boss anymore, warlock may not give buff anymore since it helps other dps, summoner's won't care to use their cat to revive since everyone be more focus on trying to out dps each other?  and what about join attacks would player help each other anymore? and will anyone be interested in helping the group anymore since helping the group may reduce your own dps and increase other player dps.

I just feel that this may not really be a great addition since BnS has so much way we can help each other, and having this dps meter may just ruin all this.

How people would use it is up to them. You shouldn't consider the feature responsible for how people use it. This is a GAME after all. The devs are not some sort of high power engineers trying to shape the in-game society into mold. 

9 minutes ago, Napping said:

How people would use it is up to them. You shouldn't consider the feature responsible for how people use it. This is a GAME after all. The devs are not some sort of high power engineers trying to shape the in-game society into mold. 

basically what have I observe is that given this feature in other game I play, it is normally not used for anything really great and just generates annoying dps battles that careless about the team or even objective of the mission. By not having it may actually be better since I feel the tendency to abuse it is far greater. 

I observed that since BnS never had this and now i can see the tendency to help each other is greater as compared to game I play that does have this sort of thing [everyone is competing with each other] , it not all dps focused and I feel it makes greater teamwork [everyone buffing and helping each other] and make it way easier and  faster to complete dungeon as how it is now.  So I am  Just saying that this tool is most likely going to be misused and thus may be better to not have it. 

and besides we already have the combat log that show everything and everyone's contribution in FULL details and not just DPS.  

That just how I feel about this.....

6 minutes ago, LaraKelly said:

basically what have I observe is that given this feature in other game I play, it is normally not used for anything really great and just generates annoying dps battles that careless about the team or even objective of the mission. By not having it may actually be better since I feel the tendency to abuse it is far greater. 

I observed that since BnS never had this and now i can see the tendency to help each other is greater as compared to game I play that does have this sort of thing [everyone is competing with each other] , it not all dps focused and I feel it makes greater teamwork [everyone buffing and helping each other] and make it way easier and  faster to complete dungeon as how it is now.  So I am  Just saying that this tool is most likely going to be misused and thus may be better to not have it. 

and besides we already have the combat log that show everything and everyone's contribution in FULL details and not just DPS.  

That just how I feel about this.....

i feel better having it for my builds. its your job to find the perfect balance of party help and dps.

Guys.  Those that want to use meters to exclude others are already excluding others with AP or Gear checks or Achievement checks etc.  DPS meters will be another one of those things but it will not change something that already happens.

As a personal way to improve your dps output it is great.  It will not however take the place of situational awareness or experience.  So... same old, same old.  But overall, it is a good tool.

I look forward to it.  I know that in cross-server you will see a new captions to the already "must be 600 AP" crap. Lol.  So what.  I don't play with those folks anyway.

Like anything else in this world it will depend on the person using it.

Wait.  Does this DPS meter have to show the parties DPS?  Could just as easily show the player their own DPS and no one elses.  :p  Gives the DPS meter to those who want it to "check their own DPS" while not showing everyone elses DPS to the team, for those who don't want to have their dps displayed. :)

I understand dps meter can be useful! but all know just come give more problems.

The best use we can give for dps meter is start post here on forum dps + ping so perhaps NCS realize we need more stable and best serve. (i know NCS realize this but just try save $$$)

19 hours ago, LaraKelly said:

http://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/game/desolate-tomb/

I been from another game which does have a score card and everyone just going insanely competing with each other, no one really cares to help much, even putting themselves in severe danger just to gain that extra dps, and in soma extreme  cases rather like the other dps to die so they can gain more dps.  

In BnS we have things like destroyers who can carry the boss and makes it easier for everyone to hit it further, warlock giving buff, cat from summoner reviving  where everyone helps out at then just dps, and these helps may actually reduce one's personal dps and help increase other player dps. and this is just a small sample of what can be done, there so many skills that help that group.  It been great and fun, it's teamwork to get it all done.

Now adding a dps meter, would all this make this change? everyone be obeses in proving they are the better dps that Destroyers won't care to help carry the boss anymore, warlock may not give buff anymore since it helps other dps, summoner's won't care to use their cat to revive since everyone be more focus on trying to out dps each other?  and what about join attacks would player help each other anymore? and will anyone be interested in helping the group anymore since helping the group may reduce your own dps and increase other player dps.

I just feel that this may not really be a great addition since BnS has so much way we can help each other, and having this dps meter may just ruin all this.

Because the game isn't toxic enough already.

And to give a purpose to the KFM's "Focused Fighting Spirit" skill.

5 hours ago, Whiteflashkevin said:

Ok i had enough of people talking out of their ass making assumptions and alarming everyone like the apocalypse is coming. some im going to explain why dps meter is a good thing and it wont be the replacement for AP elitists.

Lets start with why there are ap elitists and why it will probably never go away.there are 2 reasons.

1. is the fact that Ap elitists think that having players with higher AP will balance the fact that some players suck at rotations and dps. This is true since i have myself done parties where the average ap was more than enough to do the dungeon but failed to kill the boss before the enrage timer ran out. probably tanks were not used to evading and dps all the time or some players just stopped dps and went far away to heal. On this point i can agree with elitists(well to a certain point. u dont need 600 for *cricket*ing yeti.). sometimes u don't want to deal with the bullshit of people who don't bother to look for class guides to better themselves and just invite strong idiots so even if they suck u are still assured you will finish the dungeon on first run.

2. Are the speed-runners who want to speed-run  dungeon several times to get better rewards. nothing much to say here.

Now to why DPS whores wont be the replacement to AP elitists.there are also 2 reasons for this.

1.This game has serious ping problems and everyone knows that.  you may have 600 ap but a 500 ap guy with lower ping will out dps you in a heartbeat. Since only the top 3 dps are shown i don't think anyone will know who is the bottom. that will just be there for you to learn were u stand and were to get better.

2. blade and soul dungeons will get progressively harder and each class has to play its role. i think the community has a general idea of what each class role is. fm will most likely be the top dps. tanks will probably be at the bottom since they have to aggro and defend. So jugging a player by dps is the most stupid thing to do and i think anyone who makes a team looking for dps should be avoided since this shows they don't know jack shit about their class duty in the party. Those that will require dps in the chat will be avoided like the plague if the dungeon they want to clear is a high difficulty one.

Basically AP will forever be the requirement while dps meter might help alleviate that even if slightly. People who are complaining about other people casting away their role for doing just a bit more dps will be the first to do this. Stop panicking dps wont change a thing. most likely it will help players to decide on what is the best choice for helping the team. you don't need to be top dps as long as u do your job in a team. I know players would prefer a player with lower AP if they know their rotations and buff/protect their team but since you cant measure a players skill they just go for the safe bet with the player with more AP. If players want to brag about bigger dps just let them. Sometimes its fun to enter a dick measuring contest of who does more dps. besides we already have that where we fight on who pulls aggro from the boss. Expect new builds and rotations to come out after the update goes live

T.L.D.R: DPS meter good for new player for rotation. AP elitism will be forever. DPS will never be the requirement for dungeons.

Here's the problem. As you mentioned dungeons will get progressively harder. Which of course will require players to use all of their skills, like utility etc, not just pew pew. However the introduction of a dps meter will encourage the opposite. At least at first.

I already see far too many situations wherein dps like FM's go ape shit on mobs at the start of fights, before the poor KFM can even touch it. Nevermind easing up on the pew temporarily till the KFM or BM regains control. Now with "legit" incentive to pew pew harder faster longer, those types of selfishly detrimental players will increase. 

Forget about FM's using Divine Veil or Frost Sheath for example. Its pew pew till qq. Unless you run exclusively with knowledgeable clan members, or "pro" statics, expect to run into alot of one dimensional damage dealers. Eventually players will be forced to adapt or gtfo if they want to compete at end game. But for now I expect a shitstorm of epic proportions to ensue.

Well at least it'll make faction chat fun again.

51 minutes ago, Mortal Kombat said:

Forget about FM's using Divine Veil or Frost Sheath for example.

Its not that those 2 skills require you to stand still and do nothing while you use them (except sheath which is a party-saver skill) :D but I see where you are going. But yeah, I can feel that those tarded WLs go TD just to boost their own dps but that wount work at all, or those KFMs using self buff instead of party buff for instance. Oh and forget about destros or LBDs using grab (not that in the later dungeons it will help but still) so they cant boost other peoples dps. Selfish people everywhere, cant help it. Lets see what will happen in the end, I expect a major failure with this feature in the west and even more QQing in sort of "why is my class dps low" to come :D

21 hours ago, Nattia said:

i'm going to do mechanics carefully even at the cost of my dps. any flamer will get a block.

If you're not trash, you can dps while doing the mechanics correctly, especially when the mechanics in this game are jokes compared to others. Please go ahead and block me so I don't have to run into you in game

23 hours ago, Cherish said:

.  I am a Warlock and in all PUG groups I will no longer be using Soulburn.  If we are to be DPS driven then I will ONLY use skills that ouput DPS.  I also know quite a few others who will not be using their party skills so I see this DPS update as being extremely detrimental to the game.

So to all the DPS Meter lovers please don't scream when you are getting no party buffs etc because you did get your DPS Meter and now we are all ruled by it.

Why wouldn't you use soulburn. Its to hard to use TAB? FFS you are just telling how noob you are. Get good! Everyone should use dps matter to improve there skills. Not havinb 650 AP and wiping Yeti 4 man cause geering is to easy now ... Just learn to play, warlocks are getting buffed in the next patch so you should learn to play better and ure dps wont be bad. No one expects from you to have the best dps, but people expect that you have good dps. Its same in WoW but I doubt most of you know that ... And yes my main is Warlock ...

3 hours ago, NightFer said:

Oh and forget about destros or LBDs using grab (not that in the later dungeons it will help but still) so they cant boost other peoples dps.

This might have nothing to do with the topic, but I've seen so many LBD, Destros picking up mob/boss at wrong time or by moving them resulting in overall lost of DPS. This just shows how some people need BnS system to tell them that they are doing something wrong.

7 hours ago, Brand X said:

Wait.  Does this DPS meter have to show the parties DPS?  Could just as easily show the player their own DPS and no one elses.  :p  Gives the DPS meter to those who want it to "check their own DPS" while not showing everyone elses DPS to the team, for those who don't want to have their dps displayed. :)

Example: 2kfms in dung near same ap, 1 uses fire, and 1 uses wind, guy with wind doing a lot more dps than fire guy(or vice versa), so this helps the guy using fire build realize that maybe he should try to use win build for more dps/threat.

Also if someone sees a class near his/her ap lvl doing way more dps than him/her they can ask "Hey other fm in party... you got great dps, what build you using? this will spread info on classes and help people understand whats better for certain situations. I myself personally use diff builds/rotations in some dungs. 

this is why its a benefit to see your dps and other people dps so you can compare. 

i think people are making a big deal out of nothing......... people who play blade and soul KNOW who is top dps/tanks/support ect

8 minutes ago, Solidarius said:

Example: 2kfms in dung near same ap, 1 uses fire, and 1 uses wind, guy with wind doing a lot more dps than fire guy(or vice versa), so this helps the guy using fire build realize that maybe he should try to use win build for more dps/threat.

Also if someone sees a class near his/her ap lvl doing way more dps than him/her they can ask "Hey other fm in party... you got great dps, what build you using? this will spread info on classes and help people understand whats better for certain situations. I myself personally use diff builds/rotations in some dungs. 

this is why its a benefit to see your dps and other people dps so you can compare. 

i think people are making a big deal out of nothing......... people who play blade and soul KNOW who is top dps/tanks/support ect

Oh, I agree.  If it was used solely for that reason.  However, we all know it won't be.

Instead, you'll see that wind build does less than the fire build (or vice versa) and people will then harass that wind build for not being the fire build.  :p

We already see people go "AP!"  which does seem to be a bit better, as I'm noticing a few allow in slightly lower when they call for a higher AP.

5 minutes ago, Brand X said:

Oh, I agree.  If it was used solely for that reason.  However, we all know it won't be.

Instead, you'll see that wind build does less than the fire build (or vice versa) and people will then harass that wind build for not being the fire build.  :p

We already see people go "AP!"  which does seem to be a bit better, as I'm noticing a few allow in slightly lower when they call for a higher AP.

you are right, shitty people will most likely  "abuse" the dps meter.... but dont they always do this anyway????

its not the gun that does the killing, its the person behind the gun. 

the dps meter is not the problem :P, nor I believe will be, i think people are overreacting :D

p.s. As a tank kfm with one of the lowest dps class in the game, I am confident with my abilities and that no one will say anything about my dps but... even if they do, ill type the same thing I type when someone in a pug talks shit to me, and makes me rage GG, BYE.

1 hour ago, Solidarius said:

you are right, shitty people will most likely  "abuse" the dps meter.... but dont they always do this anyway????

its not the gun that does the killing, its the person behind the gun. 

the dps meter is not the problem :P, nor I believe will be, i think people are overreacting :D

p.s. As a tank kfm with one of the lowest dps class in the game, I am confident with my abilities and that no one will say anything about my dps but... even if they do, ill type the same thing I type when someone in a pug talks shit to me, and makes me rage GG, BYE.

You're right, but like I said, if it just shows your DPS to just you and not anyone else, then it does it's job to help you out.  Seeing someone elses isn't needed, as one could always just ask "What did you pull?"

Basically, it's an easy fix to what could be a problem without just not implementing it.  Those who want to see other players DPS, it can generally be said, are likely the ones who will and want to cause problems. 

@BrandX

the other person could always lie and not be truthfull about his/her dps though..... and I heard no dps meter for 6 mans and launch, so I guess no worries.... I still dont see the problem with see everyone dps in 6mans,

there is a mute/block option in the game if someone says anything you dont like.... 

I think the real issue here is people over 500ping, doing less dps and dont want other people to find out and flame them :D

56 minutes ago, Solidarius said:

@BrandX

the other person could always lie and not be truthfull about his/her dps though..... and I heard no dps meter for 6 mans and launch, so I guess no worries.... I still dont see the problem with see everyone dps in 6mans,

there is a mute/block option in the game if someone says anything you dont like.... 

I think the real issue here is people over 500ping, doing less dps and dont want other people to find out and flame them :D

The harm comes from players.  Think it's bad now with AP, imagine adding a DPS meter to it, but since it's just for 4mans and individual towers, I see no worries with it.

9 minutes ago, StellaNoxFleuret said:

In 4 Man it will exactly show who is the Loser on the Meter ( the one not shown) 3 top dps get shpown the last one not = lowest dps ... so ya =P Kappa .....

You could just be behind the 3rd place by just 5 dps. they don't know. Usually the teams in this game have players from 500 ap to 700 ap so its understandable who will come out on top. people are overacting to this. i have been allowed to stay in teams who requested 550+ when i was 530 something a bunch of times. People aren't that strict. If team fails to kill boss before enrage timer its easy to tell that the guy will lower ap is the problem and others have no obligation to carry you so you either quit the team so they can invite someone with higher stats or change your strategy(sometimes is better to go with what u have than invite some random with lower stats who wants you to carry him).

In Terms of 4 man Dungeons PPl are strict... infact so strict they kick u for having 0.8% crit rate lower then they want u to have =D ( true story )

Anyway its a fact they will exactly see who is lowest and if u not can come up with an excuse like... ( im a supporter or Tank Class ) its like NOOB =P

Dont get me wrong im not someone with 500 or lower atk im slowly walking to 670 so im pretty fine ... just being honest here what i saw so far and what is obvious...

Im just Glad in 6 man newbies will have not this anyoing tool to bother them...

And if it comes down to a dps raise ( example a Warlock who try to be cool ... biggest dps etc will go Time Desto instead of Soul Burn ;)

What is pretty stupid if u ask me Kappa

PS: I also not interrested to start a Fight over Opinions its just mine and u can have yours... anyway i log ingame now and hope its not 400 ping like yesterday =D

Have a Good one White ^^

Archived