The game's population is too unbalanced.

Napping

47 minutes ago, Napping said:

I didn't argue with anyone. lol My writing was informal. Do you want me to put my words in a precise and formal manner, like eg,

"According to my personal observations, the majority of female players choose Lyn to be the race of their main characters. Among those aforementioned characters, the majority are female summoners."

It's not to be construed that EVERY female player has a female Lyn summoner as her main character.

as long as you refer to all... yeah I have an issue with it. if you say MOST or many.. then ok.. I will let you go by... :P

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a mix personally.. both male and female toons, my original main being male, my new main female and my second favorite class is male. I have every class in the game and I think it's about equal on the sexes.

Now I am the only person in my tiny clan that runs male toons >.< We're a tiny clan of all friends from Lineage 2, one of our clannies refuses to make a male toon period in any game we play. The two men of our group both play female characters, two of the more casuals primarily play female though one does have male toons.  I'm with many of the guys here (though i'm female) I play males cause I don't wanna look at a chicks butt all day.

1 hour ago, Napping said:

It's not to be construed that EVERY female player has a female Lyn summoner as her main character.

Did you receive a satisfying replies to your query?

I am actually in a guild that is called Amazons, and was originally designed to have only female toons. I have my two best boys in it. When someone called me on it in SSP once, on my male Lyn, questioning (I am certain) my (purported) male virility and machismos, I had to dig deep and retort with: I know! I am one lucky son of a b***ch.

That was the most gender-confused, multi-level of virtual vs real exchange in a MMO I've ever had.

Also, playing a male Lyn, I dunno why, but I am really tempted to start making dirty jokes when I get into a party of all tall-race gals. I can't lie - I do really enjoy the subtle sexual context of it. Over my 3 years of playing a MMO, I went from being shocked that people just referred to me as man or bro, even when I played a female toon, to RP'ing men. 

8 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

Did you receive a satisfying replies to your query?

I am actually in a guild that is called Amazons, and was originally designed to have only female toons. I have my two best boys in it. When someone called me on it in SSP once, on my male Lyn, questioning (I am certain) my (purported) male virility and machismos, I had to dig deep and retort with: I know! I am one lucky son of a b***ch.

That was the most gender-confused, multi-level of virtual vs real exchange in a MMO I've ever had.

Also, playing a male Lyn, I dunno why, but I am really tempted to start making dirty jokes when I get into a party of all tall-race gals. I can't lie - I do really enjoy the subtle sexual context of it. Over my 3 years of playing a MMO, I went from being shocked that people just referred to me as man or bro, even when I played a female toon, to RP'ing men. 

So what youre saying is you get cheap sexual thrills from playing MMO's? K, cool story...uh...bro.

Really wish I could unread that whole sexual exploration story on an video game forum thing.

And since when is being confused about anything a good thing?

I guess i'm a cliche then. As a female, all my characters are female, I only main one though, it's not a summoner, no, although it was a coin toss between that and BD. BD looked cooler to me so that's why I play that. As this game isn't too alt friendly I haven't bothered much with actually gearing my alts. (yeah one of my alts is a summoner but shh) I do enjoy character creation though, making cute and pretty creations :3 after reading this thread though I gotta say, i'm tempted to break from my cliche, and make a nice male character to gawp at. Make him super handsome and shit. 

18 minutes ago, Arcayne said:

So what youre saying is you get cheap sexual thrills from playing MMO's? K, cool story...uh...bro.

Really wish I could unread that whole sexual exploration story on an video game forum thing.

And since when is being confused about anything a good thing?

I am sure you will be right as rain in an hour. :) I do find it incredibly amusing, and see absolutely nothing wrong with not playing Eowyn shampoo commercial all the time. "but I am no man!" swooshhhhhh....

I've never played an mmo before so I thought playing a female would be edgy ASSUMING everyone was going to choose males since majority of people who play are dudes. Man, never have I been so wrong.

22 minutes ago, Iucy said:

I've never played an mmo before so I thought playing a female would be edgy ASSUMING everyone was going to choose males since majority of people who play are dudes. Man, never have I been so wrong.

I know alot of people be taken back by it

One time on ts when i was helping one of my buddy's clanmate to duo asura to get relic pieces he was pretty shock to see a female play a male lyn a summoner at that and he had played a female assassin and thought was pretty cool that we play opposite gender

On that note when i was doing 4man mast with a good friend and her clanmates (before i joined their clan) one guy that plays a male lyn fm thought i was a guy before he hopped on ts and asked "who is niskka?" And was shocked to see me a female play a male summoner and once he look up close to my face he thought of shota when i mentioned girly boy lyn.

Good laugh that day xD oh how i love my char ♡ even have a wallpaper of him on my comp to smile and giggle over

32 minutes ago, Iucy said:

In the early days of MMO's I was hit on so many times by people thinking I was a girl because I played a girl character.  I was the only one in my guild that played a character the opposite gender.  I would say with character models becoming more aesthetic, it has changed to be the complete opposite.   

14 hours ago, MegaMouseGW said:

I am a male that plays Lyn females for several reasons. First I dislike watching some other mans hairy buttocks wiggle in front of me. I do not swing that way at all. Second, all my characters must be cute, that is why in almost all MMO's I play, my characters are always female (all but 2 of my TERA characters are Elin). Third the tail and cat ears are the best thing out there.

Okay, which race has the hairy ass you say is out there? :p

I'm a male player who plays Summoner, cuz it's pretty much the most ping-friendly class out there. Still suffer some setback, but doable regardless.

I play Lyn cuz I like animal-themed people. Raise a dog or cat and pet them to see why I get attracted to animal ears and tail :P

I play female cuz they're adorable and I have fun dressing them up. They can be both cute and cool, depending on the costume. Meanwhile, male is only suitable to being cool. Trying to make them cute would create comedic effect instead.

I also have recently made a male Lyn after creating three Lyn girls. However, this male Lyn has a feminine face cuz I want a trap character, and I would stay away outfits that expose his torso :P

Screenshot_160818_003_zpsr9zwcnzo.jpg

What I miss from this race is that I cannot make them adult-like enough. They may look old, but their height is that of a child, which is hard to treat them seriously enough.

7 minutes ago, Alysha Hawkeye said:

I'm a male player who plays Summoner, cuz it's pretty much the most ping-friendly class out there. Still suffer some setback, but doable regardless.

I play Lyn cuz I like animal-themed people. Raise a dog or cat and pet them to see why I get attracted to animal ears and tail :P

I play female cuz they're adorable and I have fun dressing them up. They can be both cute and cool, depending on the costume. Meanwhile, male is only suitable to being cool. Trying to make them cute would create comedic effect instead.

I also have recently made a male Lyn after creating three Lyn girls. However, this male Lyn has a feminine face cuz I want a trap character, and I would stay away outfits that expose his torso :P

Screenshot_160818_003_zpsr9zwcnzo.jpg

What I miss from this race is that I cannot make them adult-like enough. They may look old, but their height is that of a child, which is hard to treat them seriously enough.

holy shit i thought i made my male lyn too girly you sir beat my poor male lyn summoner

Screenshot_160804_000_zpsqoady0h3.jpg

8 hours ago, Kohashi said:

as long as you refer to all... yeah I have an issue with it. if you say MOST or many.. then ok.. I will let you go by... :P

You realize, when someone says "All these people" it usually means "Most these people"  the magic of language, it has meanings. :p

I'm a female player and all my characters are females, never liked playing male and in fact the thought of playing male character disturbs me >.>

I like dresses and swimmers ... and they look better on females :o

I DON'T like the lyn race -_-" !!!!!

only lyns I have are blade cancer and a scummoner and my blade cancer is either 30-ish or under 30 coz I can't stand that class + I simply s*cked with her lol

both of them look adorable in their outfits.. even got them both the yellow swimmers so they'll have some boobs :D

my fav races are gon and jin, not sure if in that order or not but my kfm and chi master are both gon, I main a sin and I love her ^-^

also have a jin warlock and a jin blade master... my force master is also gon lol

and remade my destroyer recently... even thou still lv1 .. also gon.

I love boobs and ass lol..

jin doesn't have much of both but they look normal unlike gon who are like... very unproportional in body structure and size lol everything's big bout them even when I try make their boobs somewhat smaller it's still atleast a C cup lol and a big round ass which I have no prob with ^-^

even my male friend plays fem characters, he likes fem characters coz of the outfits and everythin looks nicer.. althou he had male characters in the past but if he can make same class a female and not just male... (in some games the class is strictly male or strictly female..) he picks fem every time :o

he goes for "cute" looks I go for "sexy and daring" with a slight "teasy/flashy" looks lol o.O always makes me laugh as it suppose be other way around as it is with almost all the female friends I have lol they go for "cute" and not "teasy/flashy" (on bns that usually means gon character :P )

I'm not quite sure what this thread bout thu?

some1 QQ for having more outfits for female characters or...? lol

I honestly don't like most the outfits they put on cashop :\

most looks ugly af or another version of some outfit that is already in game just diff colors of slight diff in patterns etc.

also - I'd like have more weapon skin options instead being forced browse on google or fan sites of bns for weapon skins that drops or crafted in game so I'll know what weapon will look nicer on me since the ones currently in the cashop are just horrible and was really "WDF!?" moment when saw the new skins they so ugly ._.

they'd give em for free I would just trash them or not bother unpack it to my bag or wh.

one of the best skins that were in game so far (from cashop) were the ones we got from the master pack and it also was on cashop for a while.

more weapon skins that looks similar to actual weapons that we have these days or used to have years ago would be nice.

like ninja style weapons or from ancient times would be really nice to see in game.

5 hours ago, Brand X said:

You realize, when someone says "All these people" it usually means "Most these people"  the magic of language, it has meanings. :p

all doesnt means most nor many.

all: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/all

most: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/most

Many: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/many

but lets stop with the semantics now...

Meanwhile, male is only suitable to being cool. Trying to make them cute would create comedic effect instead.

Male lyns only look cool?
Actually i think 90 % of male lyns are cute and 10% are cool xD

And i dont see a comedic effect on cute male lynns either mhh :D

17 minutes ago, TecoTek said:

u are actually supposed to look at the boss :D

For example the titties of ken & gen.

Oddly enough those titties does catch my attention everytime i go do sogun anf makes me quickly want them dead

4 hours ago, Kohashi said:

all doesnt means most nor many.

all: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/all

most: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/most

Many: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/many

but lets stop with the semantics now...

Of course.  However, when someone says something to the effect of "all people are stupid" one generally knows they don't mean "all people are stupid" but rather they mean "most people"  Nevermind that they could have said "most people" and someone would have said "well, I don't, so you're wrong" because that is seen way to often too :p

• 1 year later...

I guess just bc it's hard to make a handsome male character in bns. This my best looking male character. Personally, I don't quite like Lyn boys or girls. But bns force me to like Lyn girls as lots of clothes are only good on Lyn. Other races' females are always forced to show half of their breasts. wbPh4BQ.jpg

This topic....

It told about unbalanced people on servers, but it's just female / male gender talk. That is NOT unbalanced. Topic title reads more about "combat unbalance" in first place.

Unbalanced = too much crimsons and not much ceruleans. If you play cerulean side, you have higher chance you will killed by crimson players.

More female players don't make game unbalanced, trollol... But nothing in this topic is about combat... It's just gender.

You should make title more "this game is gender unbalanced" but how many MMO games are also gender unbalanced? Tera is good example. Swordsman Online perhaps too. BDO perhaps? Skyforge perhaps? Who knowns. But i don't care about it. Many male players choose mostly female chars.

It's just because females looks better and clothes have better fashion.

But who complaned about gender unbalance? I don't see such topics on other games. This topic is really first time i see about gender unbalance.
If you watch show-off topic, you will see many girl characters.

Archived