Jump to content
Forums

Why i'm not seeing anyone alongside my journey?


Recommended Posts

Hao District

 

I rarely see one persong crossing by, noone is doing the open world bosses that are not needed for weapon progression.
Don't see anybody at the dungeon entrances either. Changed channels, still nobody.


Two or max tree(one is Lv50) people are killing the Wheel of Fate bosses for the breakthrough/transform weapons and they leave after one kill.

What if i want to upgrade my necklace? Nobody is killing the boss for it anymore, can't buy it from market cuz it costs 55 silver and i have 47. What should i do? I'm not able solo it.

 

Why do i feel that this is a singleplayer game with some multiplayer elements? Or is Hao District dead?

Link to post
Share on other sites

There are areas where there aren't many people and sadly those are the low level areas. Best thing you can do is to ask in faction chat if anyone was willing to help you out. Reason why bosses are empty with players is simply that if it's not needed for evolution then there is nothing worthy to farm for. If you lack money then simply keep going with the story and return later once you are bit stronger to upgrade items that you couldn't before.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, most of the players (I guess it's about 90%) are already lvl50 HMx and most of them are not leveling alt characters. Or if they do, they can skip the side quests and additional bosses because they can buy the items from the market or so. Or they just have enough experience to be able to solo them. So yea, the lvl <= 50 areas are dead more or less.

 

What is your class? Which boss(es) do you want to kill? Maybe we can help you. Most of the bosses (especially in early levels) can be solo'd.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Lunakitty said:

There are areas where there aren't many people and sadly those are the low level areas. Best thing you can do is to ask in faction chat if anyone was willing to help you out. Reason why bosses are empty with players is simply that if it's not needed for evolution then there is nothing worthy to farm for. If you lack money then simply keep going with the story and return later once you are bit stronger to upgrade items that you couldn't before.

Just as luna said ^ most low lvl world bosses are not needed to upgrade your weapon/accessories and you should see if someone in faction chat is willing to help.

Also try joining a clan and ask them or put out shout in region and see who's willing to help. You can also try soloing some of them but as a new player it can be hard and depends on class and skill to pull off. If you have reached high enough to do the Cinderlands I recommend collecting Cinderland Thorns and selling then for the silver they go for a decent amount of silver. Also the viridian poisons go for an ok amount of silver too.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The ppl killing the wheel of fate bosses leaving after one kill are most likely just changing channels to kill it there. I don't see any reason to kill these just one time.


Most dungeons are done via cross server (F8) so almost nobody waits outside one of them to form a party. Sadly this includes the green dungeons where tradable upgrade weapons/accessories drop as green dungeons were removed from F8. This is also the reason these items are relatively expensive on the market.

 

If you need help with things like Darkglimpse, Golden Deva etc. try asking in Faction or region chat. You may find other ppl in your level range or a friendly high level player to join you or even gift you some coins or items.

 

As leveling got a lot faster and you get decent amounts of silver/gold in higher levels I recommend rushing to 40 or 45 and then going back to get the accessoiries - you only need your weapon until level 45. At that level you will be in Moonwater where you will meet lots of other players - though the majority is in Silverfrost (around lvl 50).

Link to post
Share on other sites

To the OP the reason things are the way they are is because the weapon upgrade AP problem, most people left the game hence its dire state of affairs the little that remained are vigorously farming or just taking a chill. The solutions Luna and rose suggested are borderline lies and gives false hope, not that they did that knowingly (Nor am I calling them liars) but anybody with sense and experience can see they basically said you're on your own unless somebody takes pity and stop what they're doing (highly unlikely) to help you. 

2 hours ago, Slyce said:

If you need help with things like Darkglimpse, Golden Deva etc. try asking in Faction or region chat. You may find other ppl in your level range or a friendly high level player to join you or even gift you some coins or items.

That is lies people need every copper to upgrade their weapon so they don't get left behind and you expect the toxic community who call people whiners for wanting these insane weapon requirements to be lowered to take their hard earned money to help this random? lol next

 

 

2 hours ago, RoseKnight said:

Also try joining a clan and ask them or put out shout in region and see who's willing to help. You can also try soloing some of them but as a new player it can be hard and depends on class and skill to pull off. If you have reached high enough to do the Cinderlands I recommend collecting Cinderland Thorns and selling then for the silver they go for a decent amount of silver. Also the viridian poisons go for an ok amount of silver too.

 

Lies again this is not the case if he is having trouble finding new people to do this with him and people stopped lvling alts how can these newbies items sell for a decent price or anything at all. Its nice you want to give him hope but false hope isn't hope at all.

 

 

3 hours ago, Lunakitty said:

There are areas where there aren't many people and sadly those are the low level areas. Best thing you can do is to ask in faction chat if anyone was willing to help you out. Reason why bosses are empty with players is simply that if it's not needed for evolution then there is nothing worthy to farm for. If you lack money then simply keep going with the story and return later once you are bit stronger to upgrade items that you couldn't before.

Not just the low areas high lv areas as well you seem to omit from your statement the cause of these problems let me refresh your memory THE GAME IS DYING. With that said you say for him to continue the story with a weak weapon and gear and when he gets enough money he upgrade his stuff?? Really where is your empathy to the new people struggle?


As I conclude the op is looking for ways to help himself unfortunately I can't offer reasonable ways for him to achieve that my advice is to email support suggesting new ways to help your problem. I did it it took a while but finally weapons are getting reduced in cost after much feedback, accessories are on the way soon its one thing at a time it will happen. Also on a side note  the op confirms my theory that the game was dying (I know it's petty but still) 

Edited by CrimsonKitsune
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, CrimsonKitsune said:

Not just the low areas high lv areas as well you seem to omit from your statement the cause of these problems let me refresh your memory THE GAME IS DYING. With that said you say for him to continue the story with a weak weapon and gear and when he gets enough money he upgrade his stuff?? Really where is your empathy to the new people struggle?

Should I remind you that every single player was once new. I actually did do exactly how I described to do. Yes I was level 35 when I realized I may need weapon from Darkglimpse and I soloed that thing until I got my weapon. Some players sadly expect everyone else do things for them at low levels because "look at me I can't do anything because no gold or anything". I don't think anyone would like to be the one playing the game for someone else.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Lunakitty said:

Should I remind you that every single player was once new. I actually did do exactly how I described to do. Yes I was level 35 when I realized I may need weapon from Darkglimpse and I soloed that thing until I got my weapon. Some players sadly expect everyone else do things for them at low levels because "look at me I can't do anything because no gold or anything". I don't think anyone would like to be the one playing the game for someone else.

So??? you soloed it some people aren't good as you this game needs new people that is an undeniable fact. No they expect other people to be there to fight a boss that was meant for MULTIPLE people to fight its called a Massive MULTI(More than one)player role playing game. its all good you did it by yourself who is to say he will remain here and wait that long for this game? I don't like taking chnaces

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CrimsonKitsune said:

So??? you soloed it some people aren't good as you this game needs new people that is an undeniable fact. No they expect other people to be there to fight a boss that was meant for MULTIPLE people to fight its called a Massive MULTI(More than one)player role playing game. its all good you did it by yourself who is to say he will remain here and wait that long for this game? I don't like taking chnaces

Then how about we all on forums instead of saying what should be done go and change that fact that people need help. Let's all wait at low level areas and help out those poor souls shall we?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Lunakitty said:

Then how about we all on forums instead of saying what should be done go and change that fact that people need help. Let's all wait at low level areas and help out those poor souls shall we?

I do, time to time help new people but if we don't fix the main problems which the devs have the power to then our struggle will be for naught 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, CrimsonKitsune said:

I do, time to time help new people but if we don't fix the main problems which the devs have the power to then our struggle will be for naught 

Of course they do but the suggestions I gave were temporary helps for the time being. Things won't change at this very moment so best we can do is give tips how to move on and get forward with the game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CrimsonKitsune said:

But your ideas didn't really help nor was he asking for temporary fixes, I think instead what you should do is start posting in the forums about your displeasure with the game.

Too bad I am not displeased with the game. The only thing I was mildly displeased is already being fixed. Instead of ranting for the same thing that is ongoing in every single your topics why not give tips for OP since all my suggestions fail at it and apparently I shouldn't be giving tips to new players since that's never what they need.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Lunakitty said:

Of course they do but the suggestions I gave were temporary helps for the time being. Things won't change at this very moment so best we can do is give tips how to move on and get forward with the game.

But your ideas didn't really help nor was he asking for temporary fixes, I think instead what you should do is start posting in the forums about your displeasure with the game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Lunakitty said:

Too bad I am not displeased with the game. The only thing I was mildly displeased is already being fixed. Instead of ranting for the same thing that is ongoing in every single your topics why not give tips for OP since all my suggestions fail at it and apparently I shouldn't be giving tips to new players since that's never what they need.

I did suggest something fix the RNG, and AP elitism and people will gear alts which means more people for our new blood to play with simple no?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Brand X said:

Just like other MMOs, low level areas get empty.  Have you joined a clan?

Doesnt help that unlike most MMOs this one doesnt attract new players at all. People leave, insifficient players to replacement them = mostly empty zones 8 months after the games released in NA.

 

The fact that low level zones are barren outside of the occassional horde of  Destro bots, or handful of 50's chatting at Pyre is more emblematic of a steadily shrinking, (population wise), game.

 

Also, the number of level capped players at "high level" zones has also shrunk dramatically since April. Let alone January.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

When i started playing in january every area i went to was full of people. it was awesome to see, even though some times it was annoying when you were trying to kill monsters for a quest - now every area is lonely and makes the game really boring.

Edited by cokaine
Link to post
Share on other sites

I am on Mushin and I OFTEN respond to people asking for help in Faction or General chat.  Whether it be with questions or needing assistance doing a dungeon or a boss.  I am lvl 50 HM11 with 691ap and I'm NOT one of the ap elitists I am just someone who enjoys playing and helping others have fun.  I also don't for one minute think I am the ONLY player who does this its just that the majority of us do it quietly.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Arcayne said:

Doesnt help that unlike most MMOs this one doesnt attract new players at all. People leave, insifficient players to replacement them = mostly empty zones 8 months after the games released in NA.

 

The fact that low level zones are barren outside of the occassional horde of  Destro bots, or handful of 50's chatting at Pyre is more emblematic of a steadily shrinking, (population wise), game.

 

Also, the number of level capped players at "high level" zones has also shrunk dramatically since April. Let alone January.

 

 

I can speak for WoW, when I tried to check it out again.  Almost empty level 1 starting zone with my blood elf (not completely empty tho).

 

However, I don't think it's so much that BnS is mean to new players, as it's mean to alts.  Do you want that high geared character?  if so, alt is going to suffer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Brand X said:

I can speak for WoW, when I tried to check it out again.  Almost empty level 1 starting zone with my blood elf (not completely empty tho).

 

However, I don't think it's so much that BnS is mean to new players, as it's mean to alts.  Do you want that high geared character?  if so, alt is going to suffer.

So if BnS is empty and WoW is empty, where is everyone?

Link to post
Share on other sites

There were tons of ppl during the first 2 months of launch. In fact there where so many ppl that you'd wish there is a PK mode to pk those Kser lol.....game is empty now.....

 

TBH the rate of ppl leaving > rate of ppl joining.....this game is so not newby frendly.....

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...