WLraik

The faction insignias will be a problem for new people.

Recommended Posts

WLraik   

So, with the weapon cost change, the weapon cost will require a lot of faction insignia, they're NOT bound to account.

So you have to farm the insignias on your brand new character doing Misty Woods or SSP.

The problem is... Misty woods gives you around 4 insignias/day while SSP gives you unlimited if you keep farming it.

But how the hell you gonna get credit on monster with 400-430AP + 160-170% crit dmg?

 

You may think "oh, thats easy...", but, is that easy for new players? For people less experienced is not easy, this game requires a lot of time to fully learn it and a new player WILL NOT get credit on anything.

You may say "just choose the other path then", but whats the whole purpose of the cost reduction then? It's meant to mainly help new players.

You may say "make it bound to account, problem solved"... Well, new people doesn't have a geared main to sustain the undergeared alts.

See where I'm going here? Can you see the problem?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cor   

How about making every upgrade cost only 1 copper because i think people won't stop complaing until then. Seriously the normal reduction is already alot and market prices dropped alot too it's so much cheaper already. If someone wants the super cheap route he has to invest some time farming that's the trade-off for it. Also the areas before misty woods also give insignias so you can get more per day than you say.

Edited by Cor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Slyce   

400-430AP means we are talking about True Oathbreaker/Awakened Breeze at most which uses 15 or 19 Insignia respectively.
If you do all lvl 45 and lower Faction quests you get about 20 Insignia each day. You can also exchange pp for Insignia in Misty Woods. 

Depending on the drop rate of Refining Stones it will probably take longer to farm these.

 

Farming Moonstones and Stingers is much harder for new players (even Soulstones might be a problem) so the traditional path will be best for ppl who want to upgrade fast and have resources at hand - like twinks or credit card warriors.

The cheaper path will be for ppl without resources but time to farm for these tokens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cor said:

How about making every upgrade cost only 1 copper because i think people won't stop complaing until then. Seriously the normal reduction is already alot and market prices dropped alot too it's so much cheaper already. If someone wants the super cheap route he has to invest some time farming that's the trade-off for it. Also the areas before misty woods also give insignias so you can get more per day than you say.

1 copper ? There are 13 evolutions + 13 breakthrogh and accessories. I can't afford 50 coppers, please nerf it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've levelled two characters to 50 HM 7 since March. I am a junk player. I am so bad, I can't pass floor 10 of mushin' tower on a summoner. I barely play dungeons. I am barely geared (both below 550). I am below the bottom of the barrel. I should have recorded for posterity every time I've received the Grindtooth box because it was a rare historic event that will never occur again.

 

BUT.

 

If if there was one thing I've had in droves, it's the insignias. I don't even pick them up.

 

oh, and my Alts were on the different factions. I was ganked left and right on both. Hells, I had someone apologizing after ganking me once, I am so pathetic.

 

based on my experience, insignias will not be a problem. 

Edited by DomiSotto

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cor and ID ya'll both lack of understanding is showing nobody is asking for it to be that cheap only ignorant people is say that what I could only assume is meant to be in humour in a way but instead it falls flat. I don't agree with the Op in certain aspects but if a problem arises the devs have to fix it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can easily get 20-30 insignia per day from ssp with 450-500 ap and the total amount needed to upgrade from true oathbreaker to true scorpion is 228 insignia. Do the math. If you are talking about LvL40- people, well they won't even have the other materials for upgrade let alone insignia so it isn't a problem at all. They can do cinderlands and moonwater faction dailies and get 10-11 insignia per day which still is more than enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WLraik   
8 hours ago, Cor said:

How about making every upgrade cost only 1 copper because i think people won't stop complaing until then. Seriously the normal reduction is already alot and market prices dropped alot too it's so much cheaper already. If someone wants the super cheap route he has to invest some time farming that's the trade-off for it. Also the areas before misty woods also give insignias so you can get more per day than you say.

You lack understanding, you didn't read and don't want to understand.

If you read my post, will see i'm not complaining about anything but instead bringing to the table a problem that may or may not happen.

And you are the first one to scream this community is toxic...

 

Thanks for the others, acccording to your experiences the insignia will not be a problem. (we don't need more frustrated people coming here complain about ssp).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ZackGTie   

while i do see the problem and it may sound a bit grindy as someone who started since day one in NA server and went through many changes in RU server and japan. I Find it really easy to upgrade now compared to what we used to have. Atm, Faction insignias are pretty much useless other than clan crafting.  I have over 600+ on each character since i do misty woods everyday.

 

As anything in this game is going to take time but is not impossible to get there and since,  is cheaper than before and a little grind is not that bad to be honest. At then end as a new player you need soul stones anyways so you have to complete misty woods dailies regardless.  SSP is not viable for many reasons not just ap, it might be due to lag, fps, and new players are really easy to gank so misty woods is the safest place to get them plus the beach area also gives you faction insignias even scorching sand in the cinderlands give you 1.

 

On top of that you need rank to do ssp and to get prestige points so as a new player you just don't have enough rank and you have to do misty, scorching sand anyways.

 

I understand you point of view but i honestly do not see it as a problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Faction Insignias?

 

If I don't remember it wrong, you can get it from low-level area too:

 

1 from Dragonscale in Vidirian Coast.

3 from Scorching Sand in Cinderland.

2 from Razorwing Ravine in Cinderland.

2 from the Beach in Hogshead Pasture in Moonwater.

Don't remember much about Misty Wood quests giving Faction Insignias or not. I guess they give. I think you can exchange points gained from killing two faction bosses, Terrors and Blackwyrm for the item too.

SSP's pig captains drop one per chest. Not sure if there are any other sources.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Alysha Hawkeye said:

Faction Insignias?

 

If I don't remember it wrong, you can get it from low-level area too:

 

1 from Dragonscale in Vidirian Coast.

3 from Scorching Sand in Cinderland.

2 from Razorwing Ravine in Cinderland.

2 from the Beach in Hogshead Pasture in Moonwater.

Don't remember much about Misty Wood quests giving Faction Insignias or not. I guess they give. I think you can exchange points gained from killing two faction bosses, Terrors and Blackwyrm for the item too.

SSP's pig captains drop one per chest. Not sure if there are any other sources.

Faction Insignia should be easy to get IF the new people don't get kill while doing the dailies.

I understand the competitiveness in SSP since that's where the moonstones are coming from, but I think both factions should at least be nice at Viridian Coast, Scotching Sand, Razorwing, and Hogshead Pasture.

Then again...it's just me and my little wish... Although, I occasionally head-to-head with opposite faction person and we actually talk in normal chat. Once we found out we are on dailies, we just keep out of each others' way (this happened in Misty Wood). I would like people to be a tad civilized like this...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On my server, Soha, Crimson(my faction) rarely does the mining phase now so we get the few off Konta/Chosa and a few terrors so getting that box, for me, is only coming from those insignias.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People complained that the mats needed to upgrade were to much, so they got lowered. Now, someone is complaining that faction insignias are to hard to get? NCSoft should just give everyone stage 6 legendary since it's obvious people don't want to work for their stuff and just want it handed to them for free.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, triplethreat said:

People complained that the mats needed to upgrade were to much, so they got lowered. Now, someone is complaining that faction insignias are to hard to get? NCSoft should just give everyone stage 6 legendary since it's obvious people don't want to work for their stuff and just want it handed to them for free.

The OP expressed a concern. Some people assured him, it is fine as there are ways for the new players to obtain the quantities of the insignias required that are not gated. He posted acknowledging that he was wrong to bring the concern up in a mature way. If you took your time to read the thread you'd seen that responding to it in this manner was completely unnecessary.

Edited by DomiSotto

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ishtar   

Making them account bound wont really hurt ncsoft cash grab, rather it helps players progress easier, so tell me why it should't be account bound?

If you oppose to this, do explain your reasoning. The "holier than thou" attitude wont help us progress, it create issues. 

 

Farming insignia is easy in ssp, it wont be an issue in the long term, but it is for most new players, as they have no clue and that creates concerns/threads. 

Imagine if ncsoft just up everything, remove insignia from boxes all together and make it a quest reward, 1 per quest, i wonder then if you will start to complain instead..

 

It's great making it past newbie stage, kudos, but seriously. 

 

 

Edited by Ishtar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DomiSotto said:

The OP expressed a concern. Some people assured him, it is fine as there are ways for the new players to obtain the quantities of the insignias required that are not gated. He posted acknowledging that he was wrong to bring the concern up in a mature way. If you took your time to read the thread you'd seen that responding to it in this manner was completely unnecessary.

Maybe, however my comment is in general, not just insignias. Do you not see that people complain about whatever and it's to hard to obtain? People want their stuff given to them. Whether it be mats, insignias or anything else.  People who played from the beginning had to work for their stuff. Why do new players feel like they shouldn't have to put in the same work and effort?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ZackGTie   
23 minutes ago, triplethreat said:

Maybe, however my comment is in general, not just insignias. Do you not see that people complain about whatever and it's to hard to obtain? People want their stuff given to them. Whether it be mats, insignias or anything else.  People who played from the beginning had to work for their stuff. Why do new players feel like they shouldn't have to put in the same work and effort?

Because that "progression" didnt work and a majority of the player base or at least a huge chunk of it left because that "Hard work" is unrealistic and unnecessary grindy? and now they are trying to make it easier on something that through the year player have been complaining about that same issue you call "hard work" . To begin with, the post is about insignias alone, on  your comment as you pretty much complained about every other issue as a whole in a thread that is not related to that subject. Again, instead of explaining why his concern is not an issue and educate the poster you just oppress his point of view and you choose to be toxic.

 

I think i can even help you, i have a great book for you that if you read it and apply it. It may take you a long way.

 

 

810IASGMUYL.jpg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bim404   
1 hour ago, triplethreat said:

Maybe, however my comment is in general, not just insignias. Do you not see that people complain about whatever and it's to hard to obtain? People want their stuff given to them. Whether it be mats, insignias or anything else.  People who played from the beginning had to work for their stuff. Why do new players feel like they shouldn't have to put in the same work and effort?

People who played from the begining had 4 month to max their 45 gear.

People who played from the begining had groups farming misty woods, not desert area on week and 4 sec kill terrors on weekend. (go get reward with a 450ap lol)

People who played from the begining could farm SSP from start, until merge, easily .

People who played from the begining didnt have bored 700AP dudes killing them while doin pvp quests in misty (or even lower areas)

 

It's not the same effort, it's way harder. It's needed for new players that it's easier, and for people to be able to afford making new alts. For those, account bound insigna would be nice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, triplethreat said:

Maybe, however my comment is in general, not just insignias. Do you not see that people complain about whatever and it's to hard to obtain? People want their stuff given to them. Whether it be mats, insignias or anything else.  People who played from the beginning had to work for their stuff. Why do new players feel like they shouldn't have to put in the same work and effort?

If anyone new or old complains about anything, I aim to provide as good an answer as I can as how the problem can be resolved. If I do not see the way, I will agree that I also see a potential snag. 

 

As as the game develops and mature, unexpected and unintended problems do surface, and there might be new solutions to them. Or there might not be.

 

also, when anything new is proposed, be it a weapon path or rebalance or a way to get mat, it is a good practice to check it for doing what's intended. Otherwise, like the first nebula stone it might not to the intended result.

 

all and all, focusing on the specific question is better than generalizing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KzE   
9 hours ago, ZackGTie said:

People who played from the beginning had to work for their stuff. Why do new players feel like they shouldn't have to put in the same work and effort?

If you played from the beginning, you know, it was 100x easier. I had all my weapon and accessory upgrades from running every instance once / day. Now i do the same and i cant even get awekaned scorpio. There was no AP toxicity and p2w troves to boost whales.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hanadeus   
On 8/15/2016 at 3:15 PM, WLraik said:

So, with the weapon cost change, the weapon cost will require a lot of faction insignia, they're NOT bound to account.

So you have to farm the insignias on your brand new character doing Misty Woods or SSP.

The problem is... Misty woods gives you around 4 insignias/day while SSP gives you unlimited if you keep farming it.

But how the hell you gonna get credit on monster with 400-430AP + 160-170% crit dmg?

 

You may think "oh, thats easy...", but, is that easy for new players? For people less experienced is not easy, this game requires a lot of time to fully learn it and a new player WILL NOT get credit on anything.

You may say "just choose the other path then", but whats the whole purpose of the cost reduction then? It's meant to mainly help new players.

You may say "make it bound to account, problem solved"... Well, new people doesn't have a geared main to sustain the undergeared alts.

See where I'm going here? Can you see the problem?

True We Need more paths from the beginning, or after 45

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Slyce   

I expect the new path to be not much cheaper than the old in the first weeks after the patch. If Refining Stones work like they did in Moonwater, you will get one per daily dungeon + bosses will drop one or two. As everyone will need these, the price to bid on these will be high.

You save about 1.5g in other materials per Refining Stone (current EU prices). If you want to upgrade fast bidding 1-2g each would not be unexpected which is a lot for new players who can only run about 5-8 Silverfrost dungeons.

If you don't go for fast upgrades, the new path is really nice because it just takes a few weeks farming lower AP content to get to a decent weapon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ZackGTie   
9 hours ago, KzE said:

If you played from the beginning, you know, it was 100x easier. I had all my weapon and accessory upgrades from running every instance once / day. Now i do the same and i cant even get awekaned scorpio. There was no AP toxicity and p2w troves to boost whales.

its true but i guess you mean form the beginning as playing in japan and Russian unofficial servers... oh boy not it was not the same. At the beginning there was a chance to fail the upgrade and there were more steps to upgrade your weapon. They changed that after patch 2.0 like a year ago.

 

In this version i don't think it was easier because at the beginning we didn't have the ap to complete dungeons as efficient as we do now.  FOr the dungeons available at the time poh, bsh, naryu they don't really have any mechanics to be worried about.  At the beginning getting all your stuff to true pirate was not easy , I'm referring to NA servers. Eventually with the silverfrost patch we had way more income and it was actually easy to gather mats/buy from marketplace.  Sadly, every version of the game has some short of p2w troves and is the same complain across the platform now a days. T_T

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.