Why is the community never satisfied?

StingKun

1) Players complain that moonstones are hard/somewhat difficult to get

2) NCWest is adding more ways to get moonstones

3) Players complain that they cant make money with moonstones anymore.

fml. 

This has nothing to to with never beeing satisfied - it is just the classical discrepancy between players that have much time and players that have less time. While the first group gets their stuff rolling and they can make money with rare stuff - the others want to get stuff as well but do not have the time to play as long as others or do just not want to.

Becouse so many ppl stopped playing couse of the grind and the p2w and ofc some other reasons,like lag,bots.

Community cant do much about lag,bots.Many of my friends stopped playing couse of grind,rng,p2w,so reasons are so simple.

Server merges should give you a hint also,that they did little too late,else we woudnt have had them,so no they havent done much yet.

Giving more moonstones only behind rng,isnt a solution for everybody btw.

Moonstones were added on the 23rd of March (I believe, please correct me if I'm misinformed) and it took them five months to fix the lack of farming options, which is why I'm unhappy about the situation. 

Players being unhappy about that the price is dropping belongs in the nasty capitalist section.

7 minutes ago, triplethreat said:

As I posted in another thread, people complain if I speed run thru Narrows for the daily. They also complain if I leave party and do it by myself.  People just like to complain for whatever reason.

That's not the reason people complain about narrows. people complain if, during the course of you speed running, leave mobs behind (Assassins are guilty of this) and killing people who are trying to cross the bridge because you pulled the boss. People complain about people being jerks in Narrows.

Also, if you join through the f8 and then leave. that's pretty scummy yeah. Especially when you can simply teleport there anyway.

On topic: There are many people with conflicting opinions and interest. You cannot satisfy every person. It is impossible. the most you can do is try and find a middle ground which is still difficult but more doable.

15 minutes ago, Viblo said:

Moonstones were added on the 23rd of March (I believe, please correct me if I'm misinformed) and it took them five months to fix the lack of farming options, which is why I'm unhappy about the situation. 

Players being unhappy about that the price is dropping belongs in the nasty capitalist section.

That has nothing to do with nasty capitalism - i mean the other soultion would be everyone gets a weapon stage for every week he is in the game... 

The question is when is it not grinding anymore - how much time is acceptable to invest to get a specific weapon...

And the rng - yes i also flame about it almost every day - on the other side without rng the there would be less exitement if you drop sth rare.

I think a good solution for that would be some kind of a safety -> for example after x runs in azura your acc automatically unlocks the ember skill. Then you have at least sth to work for.

player A struggle to do content nad earn what he deserves

player B spend money when he can to avoid struggle and earn wht he deserve

player C sees player B and whine for p2w, then look at player A and think he did all in a matter of days, so when he realizes player A took a lot of effort in doing that, he whine because it is impossible player A was so crazy to play the content, so player C thinks he deserve all and now

10 minutes ago, JatoJato said:

That has nothing to do with nasty capitalism - i mean the other soultion would be everyone gets a weapon stage for every week he is in the game... 

The question is when is it not grinding anymore - how much time is acceptable to invest to get a specific weapon...

And the rng - yes i also flame about it almost every day - on the other side without rng the there would be less exitement if you drop sth rare.

I think a good solution for that would be some kind of a safety -> for example after x runs in azura your acc automatically unlocks the ember skill. Then you have at least sth to work for.

I just like to take out my distaste towards capitalism to be honest.

What I mean is how only ranged classes can get something out of SSP, like Moonstones, and how the ones with lower AP/Melee gets nothing. That to me sounds a bit like capitalism to me, but ignore that. 

1 minute ago, Viblo said:

I just like to take out my distaste towards capitalism to be honest.

What I mean is how only ranged classes can get something out of SSP, like Moonstones, and how the ones with lower AP/Melee gets nothing. That to me sounds a bit like capitalism to me, but ignore that. 

Yes it is much easier for ranged classes. But the real problem are not the ranged classes but mostly the leechers in general.

So the solution would be to change ssp in a way that leeching is not possible any more - mb you could need a buff that you can get from killing "normal" mobs to even be able to damage Grindtooth or to change the Grindtooth loot so that it is not that valuable any more (no key crits any more) and instead of that give every mob that comes a change to drop a key. Then the mining itself is valuable - not only killing a single fat Pig.

Also for lower chars the contribution system should be changed - so that they can at least get the quest with doing one single hit.

7 hours ago, triplethreat said:

As I posted in another thread, people complain if I speed run thru Narrows for the daily. They also complain if I leave party and do it by myself.  People just like to complain for whatever reason.

Well, you know, you could just windstride to it for all of what...3 silver? :p

8 hours ago, StingKun said:

Blame the devs, not the players, for screwing with the economy, as well as taking away players' ability to make gold by adding items in the cash shop.

12 hours ago, StingKun said:

fml. 

Stop complaining!

Do people ever actually try to take notice that when it comes to complaints it is not always the same people complaining? People have differences in opinion and wants therefore no matter what happens there will most likely be a complaint. It ain't rocket science. Add to this that not every fix is done properly and what happens if a fix sucks? come come now people. 

54 minutes ago, KzE said:

To be honest, never seen so many complains before on any other game forum. But the truth is, BnS have the worst game design, what i ever meet.

Tera, WoW, TOR, Aion.  Just as bad.

Infact, the only MMO I know of that was generally great was CoH.

I don't recall Final Fantasy having a bad forum either.

If it's people constantly complaining and begging NCSoft about Frozen Stingers, Moonstones, Legendary Equipment, and Hongmoon Skills being too difficult to get despite the fact that they've put in so much effort to alleviate the problem, then people are greedy and want everything handed to them period. They've added numerous ways to obtain Moonstones and Hongmoon Skills, that are exclusive to NA/EU, but it's still not enough to the community.

If people are concerned about the long-term effects, then it's simply a discrepancy. I'm perfectly fine farming Naksun for Moonstones, but I certainly didn't want Frozen Stinger prices to crash and I certainly don't want the same for Moonstones either as they'll become less profitable, making the only meaningful way to earn money is RNG factors of Legendary Materials and Hongmoon Skills. And then people who don't even bother with the long-term will begin to complain Legendaries being too difficult to get.

From what I saw with most people on Moonstones is that people wanted a consistent way to farm them without a heavy RNG factor involved. There were a few that wanted things handed to them but the majority wanted an alternative to the hell that is SSP. Soulstone Plains (SSP) was a double and sometimes triple RNG factor when it came to the loot. Hence why people were annoyed with the limitation on Moonstones. Floors 14 and 15 were a bad path to add Moonstones to. 4-man and/or 6-man loot drops should have been the way to go with low drop rates but constant farming would of balanced this out.

An alternative to this would have been to reduce the number of Moonstones needed to upgrade gear as needing 110 Moonstones at points is ridiculous for a heavily needed material. Premium Silverfrost Transformation Stones on the other hand should stay rare since that is complete endgame. 

As for Frozen Stingers I found no issue with them even before the drop rate or added instances to where this resource dropped.

While gold acquisition has gotten better since launch it has become more difficult since inflation is pushing more of an imbalance between income and ingame cost of living expenses. Sure once you max out you are set but RNG is too much of a factor and can severely hinder the less fortunate players.

Also, This is a game and not real life. People play this to have fun not survive. There is a difference between games (including MMOs) and the real world.

On 8/14/2016 at 7:54 AM, StingKun said:

3) Players complain that they cant make money with moonstones anymore

fml. 

A player complaining that other players are complaining! really?

Go back to your cave troll!

they_have_a_cave_troll_by_zenoon-d6a9flo

Archived