Minity

i really think this is the most boring phase of the game:

- no merchant who spices up the 4 dungeons we had previously

- moonstones on ssp are not worth farming due to dropping from 5.5g to 3g

- stingers 30s which makes basically all dungeons unprofitable

- current F10 costume rotation super ugly

- coralites anoying rng and weekend cash shop "event"

at the moment I really lost my motivation to play the game x.x

I hear you, same here. Last week, i played around 30-35 hours, this week it was just 7-8 hours. I log in, do a couple of arena matches, log out that's all. No reason to farm dungeons ( stingers worth nothing ), same as ss plains ( soulstones and moonstones worth nothing ), 

My aim was to upgrade my legendary weapon to stage 6 but why bother, in 2 months taikan skin will be 10g, premium stones will be 50g each.

49 minutes ago, Minity said:

Yea it happens who plays too much.

Aren't you happy the prices are dropping and people can gear up faster now?

Oh, sure.. You don't care about other people, you only care about you.

Why would you want to sell the stingers and moonstones in the first place? You should save them as you'll need a shitton of them to upgrade your gears. You'll earn your gold through quest and bids now so gold from quests would actually become somewhat useful now.

Unless of course you are already at max gear than im sorry to tell you that you game won't cater to you. You're already at the top of the food chain with gears enough for even next years content. They have to help the majority which are the players that *actually still* needs to gear up not players who are already overgeared pass this years content.

5 minutes ago, MasterBlaster said:

Why would you want to sell the stingers and moonstones in the first place? You should save them as you'll need a shitton of them to upgrade your gears. You'll earn your gold through quest and bids now so gold from quests would actually become somewhat useful now.

Unless of course you are already at max gear than im sorry to tell you that you game won't cater to you. You're already at the top of the food chain with gears enough for even next years content. They have to help the majority which are the players that *actually still* needs to gear up not players who are already overgeared pass this years content.

This.

The OP is another selfish guy that thinks the world turns around him.

If you play the same game for 10 hours a day, in a couple months you'll be burned out, it's not the games fault.

1 hour ago, Minity said:

Then take a break. You've obviously burned yourself out from playing too much.

Or just start playing casually; do what you want while you're on and get off if you don't feel like doing anything.

They'll be a slow point for some people if you play too much. For myself I've been taking it slow and just doing what I feel like during the day rather than doing my usual grind.

how are new comers supposed to progress if stingers are 30s ? I really dont understand how these low prices help new comers. the gold from quests cannot be enough to gear up to true scorpio or higher,moonstones are end game content meaning that new comers have to buy them by selling stingers.... previously it was 3g stingers vs 5,5g moonstone. so 2 stingers for 1 moonstone. now its 10 for 1... similiar it is with STSs

also im sure they want nice costumes too with HMcoins or expand their inventory, ....

only if you had alt chars with high gold in stock on your main, than yes, the low prices help alot to gear up an alt char.

3 minutes ago, Minity said:

how are new comers supposed to progress if stingers are 30s ? I really dont understand how these low prices help new comers. the gold from quests cannot be enough to gear up to true scorpio or higher,moonstones are end game content meaning that new comers have to buy them by selling stingers.... previously it was 3g stingers vs 5,5g moonstone. so 2 stingers for 1 moonstone. now its 10 for 1... similiar it is with STSs

also im sure they want nice costumes too with HMcoins or expand their inventory, ....

only if you had alt chars with high gold in stock on your main, than yes, the low prices help alot to gear up an alt char.

People seems to ignore that there are dailies in shiverpeak(snowy area north of the map) that gives about 10g plus stinger in dungs go for 20s or less on bids and some people that are already geared sometimes give stingers away to people that actually needs it for upgrading. Or people can just join a clan that is willingly to help them as they get their dung dailies done or make friends to run dungs together

i see, ok have fun with your 10g and stingers to farm up for a asura ember 700g or the 2 pages for volume 2, 400g or 200g for volume 3 :)   im happy i could effort these things by selling 3g stingers :) 

1 minute ago, Minity said:

i see, ok have fun with your 10g and stingers to farm up for a asura ember 700g or the 2 pages for volume 2, 400g or 200g for volume 3 :)   im happy i could effort these things by selling 3g stingers :) 

Those items/HM skills are not needed though. Those are more so a luxury.

And you do forget that there are dungeon dailies. Doing all Silverfrost purple dungeons(Yeti, Lair, Necro, Nexus, Asura, Shattered Masts, Gloom) can get you almost to 30G alone. Add the Shiverstones dailies(10G as the other person has said) and you got yourself about 40G. 10 days of that and that's 400G, give or take.

Is it required to rush to get the max gear? No. You can easily run all the dungeons(minus Asura most likely) with 475~500 AP. Just have to take the time to learn the mechanics as well.

i see no reason to cry about the crashing of MATS especially if your rocking anything higher than a legendary stage 1 not point figures. legendarys arent a requirement yet but i get it your gear proofing your toon now then later when it becomes a need but every action has a price  to be paid and gearing up to high teirs early means you had to pay more than the average joe who is now gearing up to same level as you at a fraction of the cost cause he either is buying gold now or saved his gold to the peak at which the market would crash and MATS are prime for buying. no matter who's side your on its a win/lose situation.

Your right it is kinda boring at the moment the whole game is,  i don't care for the mats or the price of them but the current event is monotonous as hell, it's that monotonous it  feels like Ground Hog Day, same goes for the dailies and Mushin....I'm in need of a game change does anyone know of any good or decent  MMO to play?

1 hour ago, Lunakitty said:

Once you hit endgame content it becomes pretty monotonous. That is pretty much in every single MMO.

True. However, some MMOs do try to have a variety of things to do at the end, in an attempt to keep it from getting monotonous faster...Blade and Soul doesn't even try to do that.

4 minutes ago, Nilkemios said:

True. However, some MMOs do try to have a variety of things to do at the end, in an attempt to keep it from getting monotonous faster...Blade and Soul doesn't even try to do that.

We cannot yet say that for sure as they haven't released all the contents that are incoming. Also I would say they did add a bit of spice by adding moonstones to Naksun instead of keeping them only in event boxes and SSP but that's still mild compared to what could be done.

4 minutes ago, Lunakitty said:

We cannot yet say that for sure as they haven't released all the contents that are incoming. Also I would say they did add a bit of spice by adding moonstones to Naksun instead of keeping them only in event boxes and SSP but that's still mild compared to what could be done.

That's not what I was getting at. From the Moonwater path, (or basically from Tomb of Exiles onwards), the game slowly spirals into a monotonous "grind up this much gold, this many materials, and get this specific thing" to upgrade or keep going on.

On top on this, they start gating it behind group content, in a game that does not encourage grouping in any way, period. There is simply no way to get what you need on your own merit or effort, and even for the things that you can, RNG can still screw you over if it's feeling dickish (which it usually did, when I still played.) That, plus the amount of materials and gold necessary, means you can spend a whole week either trying to farm up what you can, or farm dailies for gold to buy it off someone else, putting you effectively at the mercy of the market on how fast you progress, if you even can at all. Your only other choice is to try cross server matching, and hoping that a) you don't get ditched for "not meeting the AP requirements", b) that you end up with a nice group that only bids for what they need or at least are willing to share, or c) that you have enough gold to outbid them. Or just have a guild to leech off of, I guess...

I'm probably not explaining it well enough, since there are so many problems and stupid things thrown at once that it's hard to process it all, but it's there.

This, coupled with the sheer lack of variety for things to do, is why Blade and Soul to me became monotonous, tedious, and burned me out far sooner than games like Guild Wars 2 or even Tera (Tera had similar problems, but the last few patches seem to be them trying to do something about it.)

14 hours ago, Minity said:

+1 ,i think im bored/ burned out 2, 

I decided to play an alt and learn something new because really bored of endgame and my main class atm

The game became boring  because u actually haven't nothing to do.  this game is pve game.  ( pvp isn't important because u have a specific  faction system, players haven't reason to fight and high cost of moonstones (and etc) made people went to 1 faction)  so u have only dungeons, but how much runs u can do before u start doing them like a robot ?  it still boring.   (May be Korean players can  run 300 times to one dungeon, but I doubt that European players too.)

They can fix that only if they change the game  mechanics .  for example  they can devide the functions  for  pvp and pve ( give them buffs something unique that will give players a reason to stay  there), added a clan events  for example capturing bases or strongholds.

improve the craft system,  give players to look for items for crafting. I understand that here there is no concept of armor but there is a  weapon skins and costumes.

They can added a costume craft + give some bonuses to this costumes  like +1% in pvp or + 5% gold  + 100 crit...

I know that what I write here probably this will go to the dump because of the developers opinion first on Korean players (especially NCsoft (welcome killed lineage2)) but I tried.

*sorry for my English.  )

On 8/13/2016 at 9:05 AM, Minity said:

Then farm something else, like Lost Hongmoon volumes, Embers/Husks instead. Sure they're rare, but we're talking about hundreds of gold per piece on the market.

I won't disagree that the RNG event sucks ass though, and IMO the merchant should be permanently available in Cold Storage/Heavens Mandate.

On 8/13/2016 at 0:05 PM, Minity said:

While OP's reasoning are stupid and selfish sounding.. I have to agree the game has hit this massive lull period. They need to release a story line that last more then 1 day of very casual play.. give us a story line that take time to complete. I used to log in and play most the day.. now I am having a hard time dragging myself online at night to play for an hour or two.

12 hours ago, MorganClaus said:

The game became boring  because u actually haven't nothing to do.  this game is pve game.  ( pvp isn't important because u have a specific  faction system, players haven't reason to fight and high cost of moonstones (and etc) made people went to 1 faction)  so u have only dungeons, but how much runs u can do before u start doing them like a robot ?  it still boring.   (May be Korean players can  run 300 times to one dungeon, but I doubt that European players too.)

They can fix that only if they change the game  mechanics .  for example  they can devide the functions  for  pvp and pve ( give them buffs something unique that will give players a reason to stay  there), added a clan events  for example capturing bases or strongholds.

improve the craft system,  give players to look for items for crafting. I understand that here there is no concept of armor but there is a  weapon skins and costumes.

They can added a costume craft + give some bonuses to this costumes  like +1% in pvp or + 5% gold  + 100 crit...

I know that what I write here probably this will go to the dump because of the developers opinion first on Korean players (especially NCsoft (welcome killed lineage2)) but I tried.

*sorry for my English.  )

i see what you mean but ppl piled into one faction cause one side cant be civil so one must over power the other completely 

heres an example: terror farming on ssp there are days were reds will grief the blues and protect there own terrors rather than farm the opposing side knowing we would harm them other wise by leaving each other to farm  each others terrors everyone wins but no we have ppl griefing sooo. because blues have more numbers we tend to lock out reds out of 3/4 channels cause they cant control them selfs. then they end up in forms crying about faction imbalance. 

Archived