A Letter To NCWest: Observations, Concerns, and Suggestions for the Future of the Game

monkeyman24

Along the line to this thread, I want to add my thought on the HM Pellet.

HM Pellet open the HM skill for RMB. I am a strictly PvE player and I do not PvP; however, to make a pellet, I need to obtain a training certificate and to obtain this, I need to do PvP which I do not want to (I have never play an MMOs for PvP). Trust me, I am not the only one feeling forced into PvP for something that is crucial. I really hope the dev would add a way for PvE folks to obtain the HM Pellet via PvE method besides PvP (1v1, 3v3, and 6v6)

1 hour ago, YamiKokennin said:

Along the line to this thread, I want to add my thought on the HM Pellet.

HM Pellet open the HM skill for RMB. I am a strictly PvE player and I do not PvP; however, to make a pellet, I need to obtain a training certificate and to obtain this, I need to do PvP which I do not want to (I have never play an MMOs for PvP). Trust me, I am not the only one feeling forced into PvP for something that is crucial. I really hope the dev would add a way for PvE folks to obtain the HM Pellet via PvE method besides PvP (1v1, 3v3, and 6v6)

If you do not like pvp - just buy the pellet. 

2 hours ago, JatoJato said:

If you do not like pvp - just buy the pellet. 

I am aware of that however that would involve trust between both parties (the selling clan and the buyer) which sometimes some people won't risk their golds for it. Therefore, by having a PvE method of obtaining Training Ticket or HM Pellet, it would allow PvE folks to obtain the item comfortably without worrying that the other party would try to scam them out of golds.

17 hours ago, Cytherean said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't really feel like NCSoft is even open for implementing any suggestions from the player base - even if it's a constructive thread like this :/

I would love to share lots of constructive ideas, but to me it doesn't seems like it's worth the effort since it would be ignored anyway...

What's bugging me the most, is when I get thrown into a tag team group with the same bots over and over again...

No matter how often they are reported by players, they face absolutely no punishment. I can't believe how an HM11 Assassin like *cricket* or other well-known summoner bots with similar HM levels can still be around for so long...

With every new bot-infested PvP match I enter, I get the feeling both the report functions in-game and via ticket are just like the useless buttons on traffic lights... That they don't do anything but give the impression you have something to say in the matter...

If NCSoft doesn't care about that kind of stuff, why not just make an announcement like "We don't care. Please feel free to use bots everyone and stop complaining" :(

My perspective is, if I as a player of the game don't at least make an effort to raise awareness of issues in the game, then if and when the game declines or closes it is equally my fault for not speaking up as it is the developer's fault. Whereas, if I make these issues known and NCWest still refuses to resolve them, then it is their fault and their fault alone for the decline of the game. I love this game and only want it to succeed, it is just my hope that NCWest as well wants it to succeed.

Unfortunately this game is so outta balance, the bidding for treasure is just plain BS the only chances you have of getting anything that helps is either:

1) a party of 50s that leave before the auction or 2) Lower level characters than you, unless they hit a gold seller. If it's a mixed lvl party pretty much count on running the dungeon several times and pray.

Then there's the A-holez that bid up stuff, wait for you to take the bait then leave party, they can afford to lose 5 gold or more just to troll.

As far as content I've yet to ever find a game that wasn't buggy with new content, the only game that attempted to compensate was Tera. They had a period where you could farm the items for a new class before it was rolled out.

This game suffers ,and so do all games, from the "Elitist Mentality". If you try to get dungeon items (SS, etc.) below the required lvl pretty much pray for a party that isn't *cricket* (NOT everyone is like that so please don't yell "generalization". Thank you).

I know that dungeons get mega boring to higher levels, but please let the lower level characters get a shot at treasure and bosses instead of being roasted by a flame barricade or at least supply the BBQ sauce.....

Now to get off the Pulpit of preaching : P

[[[ Game suggestions]]]

1) non-bonus pets for lower levels, gotta have that status items, kinda like a Starbucks coffee mug/cup.

2) Clan Halls and Clan competitions.

3) Housing (they did it in Aion, so they could do it again)

4) more rotation of older non bonus costumes (bonus stuff like Founders Pack  costumes would be exempt).

5) "Bounty hunting" of spammers.... well it sounds good anyway....

6)  Maybe a Bounty Hunter class (speaking of B.H.)

7)  Keeps Guns to NPCs' to make them unique. Use the standard Archer and please don't have archers in mele' range to do damage, last time I checked, bows were a distance weapon.. : P

8)  Lower level farming areas, the higher the level the lower the "pay out", again like in Aion. Oh and more farming areas please.

9) Trade-able/sell able costumes for market, get rid of stamps NcSoft, it just shows that you're trying to nickle and dime people (More interested in squeezing money than attracting new players which they need after the release fiasco. ).

10) Maybe a 3rd faction ?

On 8/17/2016 at 6:37 AM, Ayane69 said:

8)  Lower level farming areas, the higher the level the lower the "pay out", again like in Aion. Oh and more farming areas please.

Now that you mention it this is one of my gripes with the game. The ways to make money in this game are so linear because there are so little avenues for revenue. I wish there was more ways to farm than just "farm hardest dungeon this patch"

I hear you about the money farming. Currently I'm fighting the field bosses a lot as I can't do many dungeons yet and selling the soul shield drops and such (I've been salvaging them and just selling the broken bits since it being broken or not still sell at 1 copper). The other way I get money is through the gathering guilds. It's takes like 2 coppers for 10 earthen clay. They sell 1 copper each. It's nice to just rack up a lot and then sell them once I have a crazy amount that I know I won't go through anytime soon. Other than that, fighting creatures and enemies should have some money drops. The exp you get isn't much from them at all so I've seen it kinda pointless to battle any of them unless I'm just in the mood. 

Another suggestion that I feel is actually kinda feels is an important things to tell new players is that when you do the spring wells and the quartz rocks that you have to hit F again to actually collect the item. It's frustrating when I run across one and it tells me that another player has already claimed it. Also, quick question if anyone might know the answer to this one is can while I am farming the quartz rock come by and at least minute claim it and take it from me as in I can no longer actually collect it? This happened to me. The bar was just about done but out of nowhere another player showed up touched the rock and then bar went away and told me it was claimed by someone else. I lost my pickaxe as well. Also, i don't know what's going on or if my computer is't showing the player but there is a rock in the sandstone desert that seems to just crumble the minute it spawns. I've noticed this twice while running in that direction and seeing it spawn. I'll turn to go to it but it crumbles immediately and I don't see any player running off. Again I don't know if my computer might be missing it but I have a pretty good gaming computer.

One way to help with the spammers could be to add to the code dealing with chat is to place watch method or class for looking for repeating messages. If someone sends the same thing five times, they get blocked automatically. I mean who as a normal player repeats themselves fives time in a row? Since most spammers are bots doing it, then they'll be blocked pretty quick since they're set up I guess to just do the same thing over and over again, right? This would save a lot of players the grief of either just ignoring it and missing out on the chats part of the game or always blocking and reporting all the time. Just an idea.

Archived