A Letter To NCWest: Observations, Concerns, and Suggestions for the Future of the Game

monkeyman24

Hello Blade & Soul Community I am writing this with the intention of raising the awareness of certain issues with the way the game is being handled, delivered, and designed. It is my hope that I can aid NCWest in presenting valid and reasonable changes to our version of the game, if not every version, in hopes that we can improve the future of the game. Due to the length of what I am writing I will be including a TL;DR at the end of every sub-section.

Background:

For the sake of anonymity I will not be revealing my in-game name. A little background information, I am Legendary Stage 6 with maxed accessories currently, consistently Top 10-15 in my class in PVP, and play at least 3-5 hours a day. I have played since the Founder’s Pack & have spent a very minimal amount of money on the game <50$, outside of my Premium Membership subscription which has remained active since the Founder’s Pack.

Content Updates:

As it has been stated many times before, content is simply being released far too fast. As someone who has a full-time job, I understand that the production schedule once decided is largely out of the hands of NCWest and not easily subject to change. As NCWest has stated “...we designed our content release schedule before launch” (Source: http://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/news/blade-soul-producers-letter/

). So while, it cannot be helped now it can be changed moving forward into the future.

Issues with the current speed of content updates:

• Little to no time to prepare for the future content, if you even have time to complete the current content.

• Even as someone with maxed gear I find myself struggling to “keep up with the pack” so to speak. Typically in other MMOs, there is a grazing period after every given content update so that players have time to farm up, gather materials and currency, so that going into the next content update they are relatively well-off and can keep up with players a reasonable pace.

• Inflated party requirements in the Dungeon/Battleground Lobby.

• ), I believe that is a little disingenuous of a statement because most players fall into one of, if not a combination of, the following mindsets:
      • While you don’t need high AP to clear any of the content, it certainly helps.
      • I don’t want to have a significantly higher amount of AP than my party because I don’t want to feel like I’m “carrying” them or doing all of the work.
      • I don’t trust players with a significantly lower amount of AP than me to be able to clear the content because their low gear level means they are less experienced at clearing the content than other players.
      • I’m fine with low AP players who know the mechanics of the content and can successfully clear the content, but high AP players who know the mechanics of the content and can successfully clear the content are preferable.

This creates an unhealthy separation in the PVE community simply because you need other players to be able to do things. If low AP players can hardly ever find groups to do things then they will never be able to catch up to the high AP players, and eventually quit the game.

• Credit-based loot system

• From watching NCWest’s livestreams, I believe they are slightly confused about Soulstone Plains. NCWest please if you’re going to take anything away from this, Soulstone Plains is not end-game content it is NECESSARY content. Up until very recently SSP was the ONLY source of moonstones, which are a NECESSARY material to upgrade gear. I have maxed gear, and I struggle to get credit in SSP. Credit-based loot is unhealthy because it creates an inevitable scenario where the rich get richer and the poor get nothing. I am maxed gear and struggle to get credit, so what does that mean for players with low AP or gear levels? They get nothing. Currently, though this is going to inevitably change with future updates, dungeons do not give you much if any money. Getting money to buy moonstones from the marketplace is currently not feasible. Low AP players literally CANNOT progress due to SSP’s credit-based loot system. It needs to be changed to allow for a larger percentage of players to get loot.

• Making an ALT is nearly impossible, feels unrewarding, and makes you fall behind the rest of the pack

• Currently because of the above reasons you must keep up with the pack to even play the game, and thus sacrificing time or money to invest into an alt is just not feasible or feels unrewarding. With both the release of Warlock and Soul Fighter, I’ve wanted to start an alt but quit somewhere along the line because I’d end up falling behind the pack. With slower content updates I believe creating alts would become a more feasible task and would allow players to more fully enjoy and explore the other classes in the game.

TL;DR: The current speed of content updates is too fast. Because we live in a world where people will spend copious amounts of money to buy gold and max their gear or “no life” the game, there is a large separation in gear level between the PVE community. This is because the max gear level is increasing faster than most players can keep up with, making it impossible for lower geared players to catch up. For this reason it is as well too difficult to create an alt without feeling like you are falling behind or sacrificing your main character in exchange for creating your alt.

For the future production schedule of the game please consider slowing down content releases to allow for the player-base to reach a moderately similar gear level before the next content is released so that the community doesn’t become so separated and players do not leave the game due to frustration with that system.

PVP:

This is a subject that hits close to home for me as I do consider myself to be primarily a PVP player so I may be slightly more biased towards this than any other topic.

Issues with PVP:

• Hongmoon Levels need to be normalized in PVP.

• I do not subscribe to the mindset that all levels/skills should be normalized in PVP as that would make the point of PVE completely irrelevant for a PVP player, however I do believe that every level 50 entering PVP should have normalized Hongmoon levels. The entire reason that gear is normalized in PVP is so that there are no unfair advantages from PVE that enter the arena. Skill Points are an unfair PVE advantage. It does not make sense to pit players with varying levels of Skill Points against each other because in a perfectly competitive environment where two players of the same class are facing each other, the player with the most amount of Skill Points should win.

• Hongmoon Skills are too difficult to obtain.

• Perhaps in PVE it makes sense to withdraw skills as it creates a separation of power that says essentially “I have a rare skill that not many others have,” but this same argument does not make sense in PVP. In PVP it is unhealthy for several reasons:
      • It places a ridiculous emphasis on PVE for a player who primarily likes to PVP. These skills take hundreds upon hundreds of PVE runs to find, and not only do you need to run these hundreds of times, you need to have the appropriate gear to be able to run said content, which if you are focused on PVP you do not have.
      • Because these skills take hundreds of runs to find, they are rare and have an accompanying high price point to match their rarity in the market place. If I’m primarily a PVP player, I do not have 700g-1000g to shell out every time new skills come out. Getting these skills via PVP takes a ludicrous amount of time. For example, the Chilling Flame Elixir costs 150,000 Zen Beans. That’s roughly 800~ wins 1v1 or 630~ wins 3v3. During this entire time the player is expected to play without these high impact skills? Which leads into my next point..
      • Some of these skills are so important and so class-defining that playing without them is unfair. Some skills such as HM Seed Shroud or HM Z literally make or break a class. A Summoner VS Summoner match where one player has HM Shroud and the other doesn’t is a loss every time for the player without it. You’re telling me players are expected to farm 150,000 beans under the condition of playing people who have a literal advantage of having MORE skills than you in an environment that is supposed to be competitive and fair?

TL;DR: Currently PVE is crossing over into PVP in an unhealthy way, in that Hongmoon Levels are absolutely necessary to be able to compete and Hongmoon Skills are too difficult to obtain for PVP players. Hongmoon Levels should be normalized in PVP just as stats are as they have just as large of an impact on matches as stats do. Hongmoon Skills should be made easier to obtain, while it makes sense to gate PVE players behind large time/farm walls to obtain skills, this same logic doesn’t make sense to apply to a PVP player as some of the skills are so impactful to PVP that playing without them is incredibly difficult, unfair, or unfun against opponents who have said skills that you do not.

• Miscellaneous Issues:

• 6v6 Battleground is a great idea that is poorly executed.

• Simply put, this mode has no place in Dungeon/Battleground Lobby as having a PVP mode that doesn’t normalize gear doesn’t make any sense. That is the entire reason that Arena PVP has normalized stats, is because it has already been tested and found unfit for a competitive environment. This has led to this being completely dead content that no one does, despite being a fun addition to the game. I believe that this game mode should be moved to the Arena Lobby, with normalized gear.

• You should be allowed to queue with more than just yourself. I don’t really understand why you need a full group of six if not queueing by yourself.

• If not the above, then seriously look into the matchmaking system. Several times my clan has decided to queue against each other for fun only to sit in queue for 10 minutes+ with two full teams of six only to never find each other.

Well if you’ve made it this far thank you for reading, this is all that I’ve been able to come up with and my mind is frazzled. Though it may seem like I have endless complaints, really I'd just like to see this great game succeed. NCWest, please at least entertain what I've written as I do believe with as much time as I've spent on your game I have valid criticisms and suggestions that will aid in the future success of your game.

I guess this is a TL:DR thread. Shame.

I'm replying because I agree with everything in it but want to bump with my own thoughts.

- As said, content updates came much too quickly. Add in special short term events like nebula stones and removal of weapon paths both of which put intense pressure on players to farm for upgrades on deadlines. Many players had been enjoying the game at their own pace (as I had been). Being pushed or left far far behind was a terrible game experience and was the first point at which I considered not playing anymore.

NCWest appears to believe many things in game (access to mat farming, market cost of mats, gear reqs for dungeons) is entirely in player control and seems to be in denial of how their stated preference for special events immensely alters the market and player behaviors. The months with viper-cap and weapon removal impending were simply awful months to be playing this game. I hesitate to say I'm glad I hung on but I do hope NCWest learned from the situation and will more carefully consider the impact their decisions will have on putting too much stress on players. Unreasonable player tension and stress = very toxic community. There is actually published scientific research showing this based on League. Check it out, NCWest. 

- I never understood why Arena was gear-neutral but skill trees weren't and yet the attitude was that Arena is pure skill because it's gear normalized. More skill points obviously means superior version of skills granting bonuses lower level opponents don't have. 

Personally, I hate Arena because of how it's implemented and coded. It feels oddly tacked on and rather undeveloped for a game which is supposed to have heavy PVP combat focus. It's clunky in ways which will probably never be fixed.

I can't be convinced it was ever intended for players to be entirely Arena only players after they only PVE level enough to get access; this is a PVX game and all players are forced into PVE and PVP by design. The Arena-only player has a rough road here but I definitely agree the skill points is a problem.

- Whirlwind is fun. When you can get a group. When no one has gone AFK due to dying to SitNWait boss. And both PUG groups are rather balanced gear and class-wise. And nobody is kill trading with someone on the other side; seen this blatantly happen. If you're helping an opponent get a win, please be more subtle than standing in a corner repeat kill-revive.

In PUGs on challenge days (the only day I bother), most matches have been pretty balanced lately. I don't expect it should take anybody more than 2 or 3 tries to get at least one win unless you have super bad luck w/groups. I do recommend everyone at reasonable level/gear can give it a fair shot on challenge days. You don't lose anything except way too much time.

Persistent problems with Whirlwind:

- I agree that normalized version would be better than what we have now. I wouldn't mind if non-normallized remained in game for elite gear-king groups to fight each other but we also have normalized for the rest of us who want to play skill-based.

- not being able to PUG w/partial party. If you try to create or join an advertised group to get a group faster or get w/a friend, you'll likely be opposite a 650+ def-pen organized group. If you queue solo when you want to play w/friends, you're more likely to end up opponents (2 ppl queue; 6 chances for friend to end up in enemy party, 5 chances in yours) and this appears to be a cause of win-trading.

- it appears there are multiple servers filling x-server purpose. When I'm solo in queue, I see different chat and ads being posted than my friend does. This means if one of us sees a posted group to join, we don't both see it. LFP and chat windows are not universal for all players waiting in queue which means advertised groups are not being seen by all waiting players (not just players wanting to join w/friends). That's a problem and can cause a huge delay when not enough players are even trying to play. 

- The balance inherent in loss rewards. Give too much rewards, more players will AFK. Give too little rewards, few are willing to risk time and effort for almost nothing. Loss reward isn't balanced for time spent so few bother. Not sure where the correct balance is but win rewards could be boosted if necessary, to let loss reward scale up a little to compensate for lost time.

NC had said it in one of their past stream, the only reason why they're releasing patches non-stop is for us (NA/EU) to catch up with other regions. Their goal (NC) is to prepare us for "world". Since they're releasing patches every month, my only question is why not just give us the "full patches (to the point that we are neck to neck with other region rather than giving us the patches slowly)." If they really care about NA/EU players and want us to compete at "world," just give us the new skill patch + hm 20 + all the patches other region have. (The sooner NA/EU are neck to neck with other region, the sooner we can start preparing for "world").

8 minutes ago, AhComplicate said:

NC had said it in one of their past stream, the only reason why they're releasing patches non-stop is for us (NA/EU) to catch up with other regions. Their goal (NC) is to prepare us for "world". Since they're releasing patches every month, my only question is why not just give us the "full patches (to the point that we are neck to neck with other region rather than giving us the patches slowly)." If they really care about NA/EU players and want us to compete at "world," just give us the new skill patch + hm 20 + all the patches other region have. (The sooner NA/EU are neck to neck with other region, the sooner we can start preparing for "world").

Its impossible to translate millions of lines of code from korean to english, do all the voice overs and stuff for a month or 2 no matter how many people there are behind it. Other than that, there is a week or 2 for testing all new content that will be released for bugs and stuff that would be gamebreaking (if you dont remember, I will just point out the soulstone bug with SJP release). This is why we dont have everything from the start.

1 hour ago, kytt said:

I can't be convinced it was ever intended for players to be entirely Arena only players after they only PVE level enough to get access; this is a PVX game and all players are forced into PVE and PVP by design. The Arena-only player has a rough road here but I definitely agree the skill points is a problem.

It is not my intention to say that players should be allowed ONLY to PVP, but rather that PVE is currently bleeding into PVP in an unhealthy way. In that, you are currently required to PVE so much that a player who wants to primarily PVP but PVE secondarily suffers tremendously. They cannot obtain skills in a timely or reasonable fashion, they cannot obtain HM levels in a timely or reasonable fashion. It makes PVP largely secondary to PVE because of the way progression is being solely locked into PVE when PVP is supposed to be a separate entity.

4 hours ago, monkeyman24 said:

PVP is supposed to be a separate entity.

Who said pvp is supposed to be a separate entity? I guess you havent heard that Blade and Soul is PvPvE game and for this game it goes for 50% PvE and 50% PvP. You need both in order to progress and 1 cant exist without the other. Noone advertised this game as PvP-only. Competitive doesnt mean you can play only PvP without any efforts (you have to farm your skills (or buy them with real money) and you have to complete quests to get your HM levels (or pay real money)).

About the content updates being too fast. Well then explain this: If completely new players joins in AFTER a year the game has been up doesn't that then mean he shouldn't even play as he is anyway too far behind to catch up? Players themselves make it so that you HAVE to join dungeons that require higher gear etc without thinking what they can do themselves. Don't rush into dungeons that aren't suited for your level and gear. That is the harsh truth. Besides even now there are people getting too bored of the game because there is no new content to do. All I can say is take your time and don't rush to the content they publish before your character is ready for it.

1 minute ago, NightFer said:

Who said pvp is supposed to be a separate entity? I guess you havent heard that Blade and Soul is PvPvE game and for this game it goes for 50% PvE and 50% PvP. You need both in order to progress and 1 cant exist without the other. Noone advertised this game as PvP-only. Competitive doesnt mean you can play only PvP without any efforts (you have to farm your skills (or buy them with real money) and you have to complete quests to get your HM levels (or pay real money)).

That's the point. PVE & PVP as it currently exists is NOT 50/50! PVP is reliant on PVE in an unhealthy way in that PVP is incredibly interdependent on PVE but PVE is not interdependent on PVP at all! Not to be rude, but please read the PVP section of my post again.

Oh yeah, I forgot NC added all the HM skills in the zen bean vendor which was such a led down for me as an old bns player. At the current state of the game, you can PVE the entire game and never look at the PvP content at all (you dont need ssp and arena for the moonstones and soulstones since you can just buy them out with farming). Whining about something being "unhealthy" when you dont understand the game at all is just plain bad, please dont do that!

Just now, NightFer said:

Oh yeah, I forgot NC added all the HM skills in the zen bean vendor which was such a led down for me as an old bns player. At the current state of the game, you can PVE the entire game and never look at the PvP content at all (you dont need ssp and arena for the moonstones and soulstones since you can just buy them out with farming). Whining about something being "unhealthy" when you dont understand the game at all is just plain bad, please dont do that!

I have maxed gear and am top 10 of my class in PVP, to say I don't understand the game is a ridiculous assertion. SSP is hardly "PVP Content" and the amount of Zen beans required to buy ONE HM Skill is equivalent to ~800 wins, the amount of wins I have TOTAL for PVP. Stop being condescending when you don't even know what you're talking about.

Just now, NightFer said:

If you havent played other regions, you have no right to talk back to me :D but judging by your whining, I know you havent. So yeah, I know what Im talking about way more than you sir :)

Well actually I played China server from release until NA release so I don't know what you're trying to prove? I'm done with this dick-waving contest. If you can't have a logical/rational argument I'm done speaking to you.

I honestly really have a hard time believing you only spent less than $50 on this game with your current gear. Currently every Legendary stage 6 player with max accessories I've seen has an aquamarine gem sitting in one of their weapon gem slots so unless they were very lucky and/or were fans of buying and swiping for every few boxes consistently until they got it I'm not going to 100% buy into your background info. Chinese farmers are somewhat notorious for their farming ways and even their mains don't have legendary stage 6 with max accessories right now given they didn't spend any real life money. You are also a hardcore PVPer given your ranking. So out of 3-5 hours you can manage to hardcore PVP and make lots of gold, enough to progress yourself up to your current gear? I know people who play everyday, spend > 5 hours a day in SSP and their weapons aren't even legendary stage 4 yet. Even with let's say, an alt( I used to fervently play on my alt the first time Silverfrost hit)legendary stage 6 with max accessories is still out of reach unless you buy gold or spend ncoins/hm coins to hasten your gear progression. Something/s isn't adding up correctly in your presented equation. And you also claim you are working a full time job.

But that is all besides the point really. Little to nothing about that has to do with the feedback you're giving NCSOFT. I'm just a bit curious with your case. 

How in the world do you feel like you're struggling to keep up with the pack? I'm sorry but players like you are at the very top right now. Top of the top. Blade and Soul PvE is a game all about upgrading your gear and getting stronger. You have maxed everything necessary right now except perhaps hm energy? Lol #legendarystage6problems

I do strongly agree with you though in regards to Soulstone Plains(strong emphasis on the term NECESSARY) except I would also add in having too many people in one faction and too little in the other as an additional reason to address SSP issues. Everyone regardless of faction should have an equal opportunity to have access to, farm, and fight to mine but if the opposing faction ratios are 1 blue for every 20 reds, then the blues are completely powerless and have no reason to even attempt to step on SSP grounds. And we all have NCSOFT's poorly surveyed merge screwup to thank for that.

My advice for people who are looking forward to having their alt leveling and gearing woes unburdened is to not expect too much. Having an alt who can do endgame dungeons

easily will be able to net you more rewards per day which you can save for your main. If you can do that, what's the whole point of paying for premium for extra rewards then? What's the point then of spending for materials from the Hongmoon store when you can just take an alternate route by letting your alt get free daily rewards as well as your main? From a business standpoint it's not gonna be a wise decision for NCSOFT to let their players level up and gear their alts so easily. 

except that NC West had the better part of 4 years to translate all that code over time as it was released in Korea

7 hours ago, monkeyman24 said:

That's the point. PVE & PVP as it currently exists is NOT 50/50! PVP is reliant on PVE in an unhealthy way in that PVP is incredibly interdependent on PVE but PVE is not interdependent on PVP at all! Not to be rude, but please read the PVP section of my post again.

you do realise that PvE players MUST do SSP and faction dailies for soulstones and to a leeser extent now, moonstones right? it goes both ways, i feel for PvP players being forced to do PvE that they may not like, but every PvE player, many of whom hate PvP with a passion are also forced to do non-equalised OWPvP for their PvE gear progression

1 hour ago, GonnaNeedaMontage said:

except that NC West had the better part of 4 years to translate all that code over time as it was released in Korea

you do realise that PvE players MUST do SSP and faction dailies for soulstones and to a leeser extent now, moonstones right? it goes both ways, i feel for PvP players being forced to do PvE that they may not like, but every PvE player, many of whom hate PvP with a passion are also forced to do non-equalised OWPvP for their PvE gear progression

Question -> on what server do you play?

On our sever the "mass" is in one faction - in our case red. Every mining in every channel is red. Sometimes blue guys like to do or try some crushing - but this concerns about 3-5minings max a day.

And even before the server merge - we were one of the view servers with equal factions - pvp was seen very rarely. Because most of the time the channels were divided and your own faction flamed you if you did some crushing because other would come for revenge and disturb their farming experience. 

So pls do not compare SSP with any kind of PvP because it is just a PvE-Grind on which you can be disturbed by others (but most of the time this does not happen). I mean there is not even a real "Kill-Quest" that would enable PvP like the kill 10 Players-Quest in MW-Times.

The only things for me that are upsetting about this game is the way PvP is handled (and that assassins being quite OP, I mean like what gives, really? I read that summors were nerfed a little before I started to play but what about them? How can I attack what is invisible from the get go the entire time?). I'm only lvl 35 (I can't do much except the quests and PvP which saddens me when events are going on). Thing is though, I can play PvP but the game isn't set up I guess for me to, while accessable, actually truly enjoy it. Why am I being placed with lvl 45 and up players? I would much appreciate it if I could at least be asked if playing certains lvl are okay by me. 

Ex: Lvl 24 Player is ready to play. A lvl 36 player is matched against them. Game should have a pop up question informing that the player is 10+ more lvl than theirs, do you wish to combat?  

When the match starts and I'm up against a lvl 45, I'm ready to give up and save the stress but as a player I still want to win so I can get the rumble bees skill so I'm ready to put my all in. Of course once the ready comes up, (especially with the assassins), I'm defeated in less than half a minute because of one move combat (or because of the quick poison stack that keeps assassin stealthed the ENTIRE time). Sucks the fun out of part of the game that I was looking forward too. It was something to go to when I wanted a break from doing the same quests over and over again to try to level up faster. 

It feels like every, except the story stuff, is geared for player at level 50.

14 hours ago, NightFer said:

And you are still whining? Sad life...

You remember when lvl 45 was live?

It was 50/50PvX.

PvP noobs had to rely on PvP pros to get their soulstones and PvE farmed the dungeon materials such as Hae Mujins and Recipes for the PvP players.

It shouldn't be that you level further and become unbelievably OP no matter how bad you play your class.

A lvl 45 has 0 chances against a lvl 50. A lvl 50 starter has no chance against overgeared lvl 50. No I didn't want to branch of a topic about it, I mean the part where you need X amount of AP or gear to run a dungeon it will just be a endless cycle. Blade and soul was an innovation? No they went the same 0815 path every other MMO has.. but.. but mechanix? No *cricket* dat buy some gear!

I mean each class is the same shit all over it's ok.. but it's not OK that you don't give us different playstyles aka weapons (legendarys) with the same power lvl of a hongmoon but with an effect that strongly benefits one build so a leg user is not OTT but still more efficient in PvE than a nonleg user.

Let's see..

You have to farm..

poharan/bloodshade? -> yeti -> asura -> masts? Not even you have to farm it all the time so you can be part of that endless progression that leads to what? More dmg wow you are not creating new dungeons for the fun, you are creating it so players have to play the old stuff many times to get what is needed for something that isn't even more fun than the old thing.

There are 4 dungeons I like: asura, naryu lab, yeti, poharan. 2 of them are not fun anymore since I can slice through them like an enchanted sword. I just hope for Q4 content to be more than just a blunt !peanut! comparison.

But well rantmode off, I feel like I am wrong playing MMOs, it was fine playing the RU P-server of BnS but this grind for nothing more than just screaming that you have no life is a waste

And no! F no don't come over here and try picking on me just because me saying that I feel about bns hurt your sorry soul, I'll *cricket* you off till I'm banned

On 8/12/2016 at 7:42 PM, monkeyman24 said:

Little to no time to prepare for the future content, if you even have time to complete the current content.

• Even as someone with maxed gear I find myself struggling to “keep up with the pack” so to speak.

Lost me already... If you are at max gear you are done for the rest of the year, what kind of pack are you trying to keep up with?

Inflated party requirements in the Dungeon/Battleground Lobby

Because good amount of people are overgeared... You see ap requirements creeping up every week because people becomes geared overtime, and with numbers becoming ridiculously higher than the baseline then ya people are overgeared. personally i don't are to ask for high ap coz an average pug suck anyway, be it 450 or 550 or 650.

Credit-based loot system

agree half and half, my two best friends hate SSP and havn't done it since asura was released, and they aren't behind at all. I do agree its a mess if 30+ people are there and is a huge pain for everyone.

Making an ALT is nearly impossible, feels unrewarding, and makes you fall behind the rest of the pack

duh raising two children is harder than raising one, again if you are max gear and feel behind I have no idea what will make you feel ok

As for PVP fix the *cricket* server everything else is pointless without a decent server.

7 hours ago, adbe said:

Lost me already... If you are at max gear you are done for the rest of the year, what kind of pack are you trying to keep up with?

The problem is that there is no time from one gear cap to the next, if you are a F2P player you are grinding from patch to patch non-stop. I have no time to look around and smell the roses, no time to invest into PVP skills or create alts because the gear cap rises so fast that you cannot do anything except grind PVE without falling behind the rest of the pack.

7 hours ago, adbe said:

Because good amount of people are overgeared... You see ap requirements creeping up every week because people becomes geared overtime, and with numbers becoming ridiculously higher than the baseline then ya people are overgeared. personally i don't are to ask for high ap coz an average pug suck anyway, be it 450 or 550 or 650.

The reason people are over-geared is for the above mentioned reason. People can and will spend all of their time/money on this game to be max gear every patch. If the max gear level didn't increase so often then the gear level across the playerbase would normalize instead of there being such a wide variance as there currently is, which would prevent inflated requirements.

8 hours ago, adbe said:

duh raising two children is harder than raising one, again if you are max gear and feel behind I have no idea what will make you feel ok

I realize this, but it shouldn't be as difficult as it currently is to make an alt. Because gear level would normalize with slower content updates, that would make it possible to max your main and then work on your alt until the next content update. Currently the trade off is, abandon your main in exchange for creating an alt.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't really feel like NCSoft is even open for implementing any suggestions from the player base - even if it's a constructive thread like this :/

I would love to share lots of constructive ideas, but to me it doesn't seems like it's worth the effort since it would be ignored anyway...

What's bugging me the most, is when I get thrown into a tag team group with the same bots over and over again...

No matter how often they are reported by players, they face absolutely no punishment. I can't believe how an HM11 Assassin like *cricket* or other well-known summoner bots with similar HM levels can still be around for so long...

With every new bot-infested PvP match I enter, I get the feeling both the report functions in-game and via ticket are just like the useless buttons on traffic lights... That they don't do anything but give the impression you have something to say in the matter...

If NCSoft doesn't care about that kind of stuff, why not just make an announcement like "We don't care. Please feel free to use bots everyone and stop complaining" :(

Yep, this was just few points why i quit the game. I don't want do same boring stuff for months before i can get some fun. Looking for another game and me money too.

No, serious: You cant expect they resolve one point from yor list or one single point from another players lists.

I know, i know, it is  not the same , but they dont want to do anything if we (read idiots) still spending money for crappy things. Stop support (edited) and maybe things will go to change. MMO genre is *cricket*ed up.

MMOs are players mirrors. Don't be stupid. It is our fault.

• NCSOFT

Greetings,

This is a reminder that we do indeed read the forums and forward feedback to the appropriate team members for evaluation. Please keep the feedback coming. We do appreciate your input!

We would also like to encourage you to report any suspicious behavior in game to our Support team here https://support.bladeandsoul.com/hc/en-us. They will review your reports and take action accordingly.

Team Blade & Soul

Archived